π™·πš’πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš†πš˜πš›πšœπš‘πš’πš™ |...

By ki_Stvrlightt

Book #1 in Bound by love series Annika Malhotra There's isn't a day in my life where I have not messed up... More

[π™°πšžπšπš‘πš˜πš›'𝚜 π™½πš˜πšπšŽ]
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟹
πšŒπš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟺
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟻
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟼
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟽
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟾
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟿
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟢
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟷
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟸
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟹
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟺
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟼
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟽
βœ¨π™²πš‘πšŠπš›πšŠπšŒπšπšŽπš›πšœ & πš„πš™πšŒπš˜πš–πš’πš—πš πš‹πš˜πš˜πš”πšœβœ¨
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟾
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟿
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟢
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟷
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟸
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟹
πšŒπš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟺
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟻
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟼
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟽
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟾
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸𝟿
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟹𝟢
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟹𝟷
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟹𝟸

π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷𝟻

34.6K 1.7K 279
By ki_Stvrlightt

Authors POV:

Walking through the hallway closest to the dining hall, Aryan saw Annika standing there like a statue, her eyes narrowed at her phone.

Frowning he walks over to her and touches her shoulder "Annika" she doesn't move an inch.

"Baby are you okay?" He asks again tapping her cheeks slightly.

She flinches looking up at him "Aryan" she breathes out, immediately pulling him into a tight hug.

"Annika what happened?" He asks as he embraces her.

"Nothing just let me hold you" she says shaking her head in his chest.

"Are you sure you were zoned out, you can talk to me is something bothering you" His voice full of concern.

"I'm okay just don't go let me hold you for a minute please" she pleads.

Aryan chuckles "Hold me all you want I'm not going anywhere"

Who is the person and why would he sent her this text, it's been over three years.

The message keeps replying in Annika head, bringing out the tainted memories of the night when she lost her two most precious people.

How can it be a murder, when they found the bodies in the car near the river, who was trying to bring the incident from that night back.

So many questions but she didn't have the answers to them not yet, So she decided if this is a murder disguised as an accident she will find who did this and make them pay.

They don't know how long they hugged each other for just lost in each other warmth.

"I wanna to know more about you aryan" Annika asked pulling apart.

Confused by her sudden question "What do you mean?"

"If we're gonna do this then I want to know more about you"

"What do you want to know?" Aryan asked.

They walk away towards the pool area "Everything"

"Like what do you like what you don't like what makes you happy?" Annika asked excitedly.

A smile tugs at Aryan lips "You and what I don't like is when you're away from me"

Annika gives him a deadpan look "apart from me Aryan"

He pulls her hand into his "My world revolves around you Annika so you don't have a clue of what goes inside me when you're mentioned"

"If you're happy I'm happy, if you're sad then ill make sure of whatever made you sad will not live to see another day"

His words took her by surprise her mouth parts open slightly "Even if it's you who made me sad?"

"Yes even if it's me, always remember one thing Annika I'll live for you and I'll kill for you if I have to so yeah apart from you I'm nothing baby"

Annika eyes softened "You don't know how badly I want to kiss you right now" she laughs.

"We can always go back to your room" Aryan winks.

"And here I thought you were being romantic" she says hitting him.

They started bickering about it, not aware of someone watching them from far apart.

Author POV ends

I woke up with a very angry Avni towering over me, turning to the other side I see it empty.

A smile forms on my lips, Well me and aryan spend all day yesterday talking about each other and cuddled watching my favorite k-drama.

"Annika I swear get the fuck up kamal uncle is on his way and the haldi ceremony starts in two hours" Avni yells.

I jump off the bed hearing my dad name "fuck I was supposed to pick him up did he call you?"

Avni shakes her head "yes he tried calling you but you were sleeping aryan went to pick him up"

"What Aryan?"

"Yes him kamal uncle called me so I came to wake you up but to my surprise aryan opened the door" she says with amusement written all over her face.

"Ohh well I'll go get ready" I say quickly.

"Kidar chali madam kya scene chal raha phele bol" Avni says crossing her arms.
[Where are you going madam first tell me what's going on]

I pull my hair up in a bun "Woh baat yeh hai ki"— I stumble with my words.

"Haan Haan Kya baat hai?" she raises an eyebrow.
[yes yes tell me]

"I think"—

"Annika bol bhi de Yaar ab" she whined.

"I think I'm falling in love with him" I breathe the words out.

Avni lips parts her features turning into a soft reaction "Say something Avi"

She blinks a few times "Holy fuck"

"Yep but I'm not fully sure if he loves me too or he's just attracted to me"

She walks around the bed and side hugs me "Babe trust me what he feels for you is definitely not attraction it's much more"

"How do you know?"

"I'm marrying his best friend so I have my ways to get information" she wiggles her eyebrows that can only mean one thing.

"Avi ew Yaar I didn't need to know that" I whisked out pushing her off me.

She starts laughing "Okay now go get ready my makeup artist is waiting for me"

After she leaves my room, I take a shower and wear my lehenga and start my makeup and hair.

Once I'm done I head to Avni room to check on her "Oh my my reyansh se phele mai hi nah mar jao"
[I hope i don't die before reyansh]

She spins around "offo dramebaaz"

I run up to her and pull her into a hug "I can't believe you're getting married"

She slightly hits my back "I'll smack you if you start crying"

Just as we pulled apart the rest of our friends walked in
"Hayeeeee" they all say in unison after taking a look at Avni.

All of them dressed in their lehenga's and kurta's, gayatri aunty walks in behind them "Avni beta are you ready?"

"Yes mama" she says and gayatri aunty looks like she's on a verge of crying.

"Mom please don't cry not yet atleast let this little rat go from our house first" Armaan says laughing.

Everyone starts laughing at his words of choice "Mama dekho nah isse" Avni whines.

Gayatri aunty pulls Armaan ear "Nalayak jab chale jaige nah tab rota bhate ga"

"Ahh mama it's hurting" he says.

Gayatri aunty leaves with Armaan after telling us to come fast, "chaliye dulhan apke dulhe raja se sabar nahi hora" Kiara comments.

We all walk out with avni to the garden where the haldi ceremony is held and help her sit down into this big open gold bowl next to reyansh

"Haye meri jaan ap jaan hi lelo gi" Reyansh says pressing a kiss to her forehead.

I look around my eyes searching for nun other than a green pair of eyes that makes my heart run a marathon.

"Meri beti mujhe hi bhul gayi" I hear a voice behind me.
[my daughter forgot me]

I turn around to see the only person who held me throughout any situation in my life.

"Papa" I yell over the music playing.

He's standing a few feet away from me with his arms open without any second I run straight into his arms, his arms surrounding me into a soft bear hug.

Now this is home.

"I missed you so much" I mumble

"I missed you more mera betu" he says pressing a kiss to my hair.

We pull apart and I take a good look at him, he's look very healthy now since last month "When did you get here?"

I hold onto his bicep as we walk towards a table "twenty minutes ago I checked in and came straight here thanks to aryan sir he came to pick me up"

Oh shit yea but where is he!

"Oh did he?" I say like i didn't have a clue about it.

Fuck now I'm afraid of what will I tell dad about my relation with aryan, at the end of the day he's still my dad boss, I'll need to talk to Aryan about it before saying anything.

Pretend Annika pretend!

"Yes beta he drove to pick me up personally that's a big thing for a boss to do" He says.

Mental note to thank him later.

"Not exactly papa after all you do work overtime for him by the way where is your boss" I say casually.

"Aesa nahi bolte beta let's go meet him and you can thank him too since he picked me instead of you"

"Ohh woh boss jinke paas ego aur attitude Ki puri factory hai, aur gussa toh aise karte hai jaise unke baap ka raj hai papa sorry muja nahi milna aise insaan Se"

Shit Annika itna bhi nahi bolna tha, tere muh band Kyu nahi rehta, someone clears their throat behind me and I see my dad eyes widening.

Fuck
Please don't be him!

"Aryan sir sorry my daughter just blabbers without thinking I'm sure she didn't mean it" my dad says standing up.

Closing my eyes for a brief moment I stand up turning around, Aryan is looking at me with a huge grin on his face.

Oh that's bad..

His icy green eyes scans me from head to toe before staring into mine, "sorry" I mouthed flickering my eyes towards dad.

"Oh it's okay uncle I'm sure once she knows me better maybe she'll change her impression towards me" he says almost carefree.

Then he just walk's away "Annika what's wrong with you" my dad hissed at me.

"Sorry nah I didn't know he was behind me" he shakes his head.

The haldi ceremony starts as everyone surrounds the bride and groom, avni mom and dad first applies the haldi on both of their hands, face and feet's as all the other elders does the same.

Reyansh parents goes next, Aryan and his parents applied after, I more like check him out my man is looking so breathtakingly hot in that yellow kurta.

Armaan raises an eyebrow at me, it's like he almost knew what was going inside my head, Me and him both charge towards Avni who looks up at us in complete horror as she knew what we were about to do.

"Guys I'll kill you" she warns.

Pretending to ignore her protest we dip our hands into the haldi getting a handful of it and go straight for her face, Kiara and isha does the same with reyansh as the elders start laughing.

After avni I target the rest of my friends applying it all over their faces.

Armaan grabs holds of my arms pulling me towards him "Armaan no ple..ase maan" I wiggle pushing his hand off me, I quickly back away hiding behind Aishwarya aunty, knowing I'm next by the looks on their faces.

"Aj kal ke bache bhi nah" Some aunty comments.
"Masti ke alava kuch karte hi nahi hai"

Aishwarya aunty scoffs at their words as I hear Lina yell "Kiara catch her"

Before I can run away Kiara grab me from behind holding me in one place "Kiara let me go please I didn't even apply any on you" I plead her laughing.

"Bhai called you into the storeroom next to the garden" she whispers in my ear and loosen her grip on me.

Taking the chance I quickly pulled out and run towards the storeroom, "Kiara Yaar" "why did you let her go" I hear my friend whines.

I reach the handle and within seconds I'm inside, my breathing comes out heavy from all the running, suddenly the lights flicks on and I aryan leaning against the wall.

"Ba..by You called me?" I breathed out the words.

He pushes off the wall and strides toward me in seconds, and I'm pinned to the door in a blink "Aryan"
My heart rate picks up.

He grazed his teeth over my bare collar bone, making shivers runs down my spine at his mere touch "Do I have that much ego and attitude baby" he whispers in my ear as his hot breath fanned over my neck.

I clutch his biceps my lips parting "I didn't know what to tell dad ahhhh" he sinks his teeth into my throat.

"Is that so?" He mocks as he outstretched his hand, turning my head I see him dipping his fingers in a bowl of haldi.

"What..are you doing?"

"We didn't get to apply it onto each other" he whisked applying the haldi onto my bare stomach in a very slow motion.

"Mhm aryan"

"Shh" he hushed and sinks down onto his knees, my eyes narrowed slightly.

I feel his breath on my stomach before his soft lips pressed a kiss there, after applying it there he gently rubs one side of his cheek over it.

I close my eyes and sink my teeth into my bottom lip containing a moan to escape my mouth standing to his full height he stares right down at me.

He slowly bends down rubbing his cheek onto mine as he does with the other side.

My heart skips a beat "we'll tell uncle whenever you're ready you can take all the time you need" he says softly.

I kiss him.

It's just not a kiss, it's everything I feel right now how understanding patience and gentle he is and most importantly how he never not even for a second makes me feels like It's just a time pass between us.

After we pull apart his features are softened "yes the bribing was definitely worth it" he says.

"Huhh?"

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear "I had to bribe Kiara to get you here she just wouldn't help me" he says sarcastically.

I shake my head laughing "you're such a baby"

"But I'm your baby" he winks.

"You both are so fucking cringey" A deep voice growls.

I flinch in aryan arms, as we both turn our head towards the voice.

"What the fuck Aahan" we blurted out loudly.

Aahan lights up a cigarette and leans back onto the chair he is sitting on in the dark corner of the storeroom.

Aryan closes his eyes for a moment before saying "how long have you been there?"

"Long enough to see her getting pinned like a sack" Aahan shrugs.

"Why didn't I see you coming in?" Aryan asked.

"Because I was in here long before you came" Aahan replied.

I feel my cheeks heating up "why didn't you say something"

He takes a long drag before replying "I wanted to see how far it would go"

"Dude you sound like a pervert" I hiss out.

He rolls his eyes at my words "I'll deal with you later" Aryan points at Aahan.

Before dragging me outside with him "Sorry Aahan is just" "sickening crazy" I cut off whatever he was about to say with a scowl.

"You could say that" Aryan rakes a hand over his hair, his Adam apple's bobbing.

How badly do I want to bite it?

Very badly and maybe bite a little bit harder.

Shaking my head I put those toe curling thoughts aside for now, "Thank you"

A questioning expression formed on his face, "For picking my dad this morning"

A very diabetic full of sweetness smile covers his lips "You were in deep sleep so I didn't wake you up plus Ofcourse I would pick my future father in law"

I roll my eyes "Who said he will be your father in law" I huff out.

Aryan eyes darkened as he growls "What does that suppose to mean?"

"I mean maybe I'll marry someone that's not you" I lie.

A deep groan leaves his voice "I swear on everything that's holy Annika I'll kill anyone who so much as dares to think that they can take you away from me"

I feel my heart in my throat "possessive much?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Dam right" he breathes out.

I open my mouth to say something but a voice halts me "Annika uncle has been looking for you"

Turning to my side I see Lina staring at us with a hand on her hip "yeah I'm coming you go"

"Oh hell no I don't trust this nala sopara ka stalker to let you go" she says pulling my hand into hers.

I chuckle "you really need to stop calling him that" Aryan lets out an annoying sigh.

Lina starts dragging me down the hallway with her, turning my head back I see Aryan standing with his arms crossed.

I blow a flying kiss and he pretends to grab it holding it over his heart.

Lina doesn't stop until we're outside in the garden, loud music booming from the speakers, Lina is the type of friend who would stay loyal to you no matter what she takes until death do us apart in friendship very serious.

She stops right in front of my dad who is talking to Aahan and says sarcastically "found your missing daughter uncle"

When did he get here?

I swear this man gives me demon vibes.

My dad starts laughing as he slightly hits my head "Where did you run off to?"

"Ah papa you saw nah they were going to apply haldi onto me" I say rubbing a hand over my head.

He stares at me for a moment before saying "but beta you already have haldi all over you"

Fuck busted!

"Woh Maine khud pe laga liya it's good for your skin nah so I wanted to do it myself that's why I ran" I lie straight through my teeth.

Aahan lets out a scoff while my dad just stares at me like I've grown two heads.

I shoot a glare at Aahan which the bastard is completely unfazed by "Uncle should I call mental hospital" Lina says in confidence.

"Meri beti India aake sach mai pagal hogai hai" my dad says.
[my daughter has gone crazy since she came to India]

"Papa" i whine.

Lina starts laughing and my dad joins her, even Aahan has the slightest bit of amusement on his face.

Without saying a word I spin around and head towards the bar I hear them saying my name which i tune out.

"Mujhe pagal bola mai kabse pagal hogai mai us Lina ki bachi ko mental hospital nah bhej do" I mumbled as I sit down on a chair.

"Hello ma'am what can I get you?" The bartender asked with a polite smile.

I look straight up at him "Zehar dedo" I grumbled.

His smile drops "Sorry ma'am can you say that again?"

"choohe maarane ka Zahar hai apke paas" I repeat with pure sarcasm.
[do you sell rat poison]

I hear a man started laughing next to me, why does everyone want to annoy me today.

"Tumhe bade hasee aa rahi hai" I say turning my head to him.

"Ofcourse not but if you want poison you have to go to a medical store" he says in a rich posh accent.

Ignoring him I turn towards the bartender who looks traumatized "sorry about that can I get a orange juice please"

He nods and pours a glass of orange juice placing it in front of me.

"By the way I'm sidharth ahuja" he says again in that fucking accent.

"Okay and" I say taking a sip of my juice.

"What about you?" He asks.

I agree he's a good looking man but I swear on my heels I'll break his nose if he doesn't stop talking.

Faking a smile at him I say "Myself ganji chudail"

Before he could say anything I grab my juice and walk off where everyone is sitting and sit down next to Aishwarya aunty,She gives me a sweet smile and pats my head.

"So mehendi starts at eight itne kaam time mai kaise ready ho sakte hai shaadi karne ki itni bhi jaldi Kya hai" some aunty from reyansh side of the family comment harshly.
[what's the emergency to get married so quickly]

What the fuck.

I look over where Avni and Armaan are sitting and see Avni grabbing Armaan hand looking at him with a look which means it's okay let it be.

Before I could stop myself the words roll of my tongue "Toh aate hi Kyu ho"
[so why did you come]

I hear a few people gasped who are sitting closer to me and the aunty who said that stares right into my soul.

"Besharam ladki bado se baat karne ki tameez nahi hai kya gayatri bhabi apki beti aisi ladkiyon ke sath ghumti hai" she says in a very harsh tone looking at gayatri aunty.
[Shameless girl, don't you have the manners to talk to elders? Gayatri Bhabhi, does your daughter hang out with such girls?]

"Bua ji uske khene ka yeh matlab nahi tha ap Annika ke aise baat mat kare" avni says softly standing up.
[Aunty, she didn't mean to say, don't talk like that to Annika.]

Shit Annika why can't you keep your mouth closed!

"Wah bhai yehi sunna baki reh gaya ab hone wali bahu bado se aise baat kar rahi hai toh shaadi ke baad ghar mein kitna kalesh karege" the aunty snarls out.
[wow that was all left to listen, now the future daughter-in-law is talking to the elders like this, so how much trouble will there be in the house after marriage?]

"Mere behan ke bare mai ek word aur nahi aunty warna acha nahi hoga" armaan growled out.
[Aunty, one more word about my sister, otherwise it will not be good."]

Gayatri aunty shoots a glare at Armaan "armaan tu chup rahe chale ja yaha se"
[ Armaan you shut up go away from here]

"Wahh bhai simran tumne mere bejazzti ke liye invite kiya tha" she yells at Reyansh mom.
[Simran, you had invited me to insult me."]

"Bhabhi jane de mai sorry bol rahi hu" simran aunty says.

"Nahi chahiye tumhare sorry but mai keh rahi hu tumhare bahu ghar mai kalesh ke alava kuch nahi karege"
[I don't want your sorry but I am saying that your daughter-in-law will do nothing but cause trouble in the house."]

I fisted my lehenga to stop myself from saying more but she can't just insult avni "Aunty avni ki toh koi galti bhi nahi hai ap usko please mat sunai ye" I say very softly.

"Tum toh apna muh band hi rakho" she says showing me a hand.
[you just keep your mouth shut]

I feel Aishwarya aunty hand covering my closed fist and gayatri aunty looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Aunty I'm very sor"— she cuts me off before I can apologize.

"Bola na chup raho waise bhi tum se expect kar hi kya sakte hai jis ladki ki maa hi nahi hai woh batameez aur nayalak hi nikle gi na aise beti se acha mar Jana hi sahi hai" She snarls giving me a disgusted look.
[Tell you keep quiet, anyway, what can we expect from you? The girl whose mother is not there, she has turned out to be a brat and a coward, but it is true that she would rather die than have a daughter like you]

I feel my eyes tearing up, my heart suddenly skips a beat, how can someone say that, I hear everyone saying something but all I feel the the thumping noise of my heart and the blood rushing through my body.

"Enough kavita" I hear Aishwarya aunty voice which has me shaking out of my stance.

Tears dripping down my cheeks blurring my vision papa where are you?

"Maine kuch galat thodi na bola" she huffs out.
[I didn't say anything wrong]

"Haan kuch galat nahi bola apne" a deep voice says.
[yes you didn't say anything wrong]

We all turn our heads to look at Aahan whose expressions are unreadable.

"Aahan" Aishwarya aunty hissed.

But he looks straight at the aunty "apke bacho ke paas Toh maa baap dono hai phir bhi apki beti kapdo ki tarah boyfriends badal ti hai aur apka beta toh apka maa bhi nahi bulana chahata hai" Aahan says while shrugging.
[Your children have both parents, yet your daughter keeps changing her boyfriends like her clothes and your son doesn't even want to call you his mother.]

Why is he defending me.

"Tum Iske mare hue bhai ki jaga le rahe ho Kya" she grinds out her face turning red with anger.
[Are you taking the place of her dead brother?]

I can't breathe.

More tears flows down my cheeks.

I want to leave.

"Bhai ka toh pata nahi but apke husband ke business ko zaroor mar sakta hu" i hear him say.
[Brother, I don't know, but your husband's business can definitely die.]

But all I can feel is the pain of her words slashed through my heart, the memory of that night rushes into my mind.

I didn't mean it.

I didn't even realize when I started running towards the palace, I hear people saying my name, blinking the tears in my eyes I see my other friends standing in the lobby.

They all rush towards me calling out my name but I take the stairs not stopping until I reach my room slipping inside I sit down onto the bed pulling my legs to my chest burying my face in it.

"Annika"

"What happened?

"Why are you crying"

"Di did someone say something"

I hear my friend asking their voices filled with worries.

I can't face them.

I can't look up.

Her words keeps repeating in my mind, the pang of pain my heart feels so heavy, my sobs turning louder.

I feel a hand on my shoulder "Annika you're scaring us what happened?" I recognize Aisha by her voice.

"Annika di did Bhai say something I swear I'll burn his office and house down" Kiara growled.

I shake my head in my legs "Annika please say something?" Lina says softly.

What should I tell them.

An aunty brought up my dead mother and brother to insult me.

Just because I said five words to her because she was being disrespectful.

They all tell me to look up at them, I feel my breath quickening their voices distorting.

No please not again.

Not after so many months.

I don't have my pills.

A deep loud voice growled making me flinch.

"Everyone move"

Happy new year eve everyone❤️

I hope we all have a great year ahead love you guys so much 😍

60+ comment and I'll update the next chapter before Sunday and don't forget to vote👀

I'm so excited and happy we are so close to hit 100k 😭

Btw who won your heart in this chapter? 🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 27.8K 29
Book 3 of the Singhania family - A sequel to Kismat and Vishwaas, can be read as a stand-alone. Aarav Singhania - A 25-year-old accountant working in...
837K 36.1K 66
Book 1 of #ARRANGED HEARTS series.... (This series will contain only arranged marriage stories...so read only if you want to read arranged marriage t...
124K 4.6K 50
THE MARRIAGE OF CONVINCE SERIES {it contains two books} #Book1 :- Qurban #book2 :- Sarhadein {completed} Abhimanyu Singhania (age 30) A single dad...
12.8K 552 10
1st book of 'The Malhotra Siblings' When she was in 9th, he was the senior of her school.. He was her brother's classmate and his bestfriend He was h...