That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Athena Barling is an ordinary office lady who always keeps up with her toxic relationships with colleagues in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 97

1 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

Reese has given birth to a heathy baby boy.

I'm at Reese's room at the hospital.

She's holding Noah in her arms while on the bed.

I poked the Noah's cheek and he suddenly smiled.

"Ah! He smiled! He likes you! Want to hold him?" Reese asked.

I agreed and Reese let me hold Noah.

When Noah is in my arms, I got surprised that a baby is surprisingly lightweight.

"I never held a baby before, actually. I'm an only child and I got no younger cousins nor nephews and nieces so I this is how babies weigh," I said.

"Right? Babies are surprisingly lightweight. They look delicate, too." she said.

The baby cooed when I started to cradle him. I got all fuzzy and warm when I heard the baby coo.

"Cute! I want to record it to my phone! Continue cradling Noah!" Reese hurriedly grabbed her phone at the side table on her right and started video recording me and the baby.

I got all conscious and told her that she doesn't have to record me and she should only record Noah without me.

"What are you talking about? I won't miss this moment that my baby and best friend are getting along well. This is a milestone, you know," she said this enthusiastically.

As she finished recording, I returned Noah to Reese then I sat on the chair beside Reese.

"You and Charles having a baby... that would be nice."

I was taken aback and got embarrassed from what she said.

"You're both together now, right?" she asked.

There was a short pause before I replied then I unsurely said that were now together.

"You sounded like you're unsure. Did the two of you fought?" she asked.

I shook my head and told her that we did not fight.

"We're together now but not really in an official way, I think. We haven't seen each other since your baby shower. It's me who doesn't want to see him yet."

Reese raised her eyebrow and told me in disbelief that it's been almost three weeks and we still haven't been seeing each other.

"Are you holding back because of Conrad?" she asked.

"A part of it, yes, but Conrad recently told me that I shouldn't hold back in seeing Charles because it won't affect his career regarding the public knowing that I am dating another guy fast after breaking up with him. That made me reassured but the main issue is that... -"

She cut me off and told me that I am too embarrassed to see Charles.

"H-how did y-you know?" I said.

"Pfft! I know you too well. You told me that you got touchy and you touched his manhood down there. No need to be shy. It's yours to take anyway," she said this confidently.

"R-Reese! You're embarrassing me! Noah might even understand what you're saying!" I panicked.

Reese laughed and told me to stop being silly and Noah impossibly understood what she said.

"Okay, okay, I understand. However, think about Charles. He must be dying to see you. Tell me the truth, you are itching to see him too, right?"

In truth, I really want to see him. I want to see his face, touch him, and be with him. I really do want to see him.

"... I do. I really want to see him. Aside from being embarrassed from what we did, I'm afraid that since I've been avoiding him for too long, he won't be happy to see me. I'm being held back again by my selfishness. He called me selfish before so it's really holding me back," I said.

Reese asked if we've been seeing each other through video call. I told her no and I also told her that we have been sending each other's messages with greetings of morning and goodnight.

Reese wiped her face with her hand as if she is in disbelief with disappointment.

I asked her what's wrong and she said, "the both of you... both of you are very complicated individuals."

"Let me ask you again, do you want to see him?" Reese asked.

"I do. I really do."

"Really?" she asked.

"Yes"

She again repeats her question about me wanting to see Charles again but with an additional question about why do I want to see him again.

It made me think for a short while and I finally thought of an answer.

"My heart keeps on searching his presence whenever I think of him. The frequency of thinking about him is increasing everyday."

When I told her my reason, she suddenly asked me to buy some coconut juice and croissants at the supermarket just beside this hospital.

She told me that she suddenly got hungry and she can't ask her husband because he is currently taking care some documents related her admission to this hospital.

I agreed and went my way to the supermarket just beside this hospital.

I have arrived at the supermarket and went to the drinks section.

There's no coconut juice here. What should I do? There are croissants here, thank goodness.

I kept searching for the coconut juice but there is none. I eventually asked the employee and they told me they do not sell coconut juice at this supermarket. They recommended that I should go to an Asian store just two blocks away.

What? Really? I do not want to walk far.

I called Reese and told her that there is no coconut juice here at the supermarket. She told me to buy apply juice instead.

Oh okay, that is easy to find.

I grabbed an apple juice and the croissants then went to pay for both items.

I just retuned to the hospital and as I opened Reese's door, I saw a man's familiar back profile which made me drop the plastic bag with the items I bought from the supermarket.

That man, named Charles, turned his back and he suddenly came running and hugged me tightly.

"You should have told me you wanted to see me," he said this while his face is buried on my shoulder.

My heart suddenly ached and I suddenly cried then hugged him back.

"Hey, the 'complicated couple that keeps holding-back', said Reese.

Both of us let go and looked at Reese.

"If the both of you want to see each other then go for it! Athena, Conrad's issue is resolved anyways and don't always think that Charles would hate or lose interest in you for everything. Trust me, he loves you for everything. Charles, you are partially at fault for making her this way. Your years of yearning that turned frustration made you to say some inappropriate words to her. However, I am amazed by how you began to be patient in giving her space." she added.

Charles then looked at me and said, "It was hard not to see you for weeks but I want to honour what you wanted. Since it came to this, I want to be selfish in seeing you everyday. Is that okay?"

Ugh... I feel like crying again. My heart tingles and aches.

"I-I want to selfishly see you everyday too. I'm sorry for making you wait too long." I suddenly covered my face with my hands since I don't want him my ugly crying face.

He held both of my hands and put it down.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too for saying hurtful words that made you think what you were selfish in a bad way." He said.

Huh? How did he knew this? I never told him this. I looked at Reese and asked her if she told him what I said earlier.

"I got no choice, I just can't bear seeing the both of you still having rocky road in your relationship. I've got to do something for the both of you, you know." Reese replied.

"R-Reese!" I got embarrassed.

"Heathrow-Lewis, thanks to you I finally got to see Athena." Charles suddenly held my hand.

"You went flying the moment I told you all what Athena has said earlier about wanting seeing you. You're an animal!" She said this while laughing.

Noah began to coo upon hearing Reese laughing.

"Ohhh I'm sorry that mommy is noisy. Okay okay, the both of you go out and do something to make up the three weeks you haven't seen each other. Today marks the day that you are officially together, okay?" Reese said this demandingly.

Charles gave Reese a salute and cheekily said that the both of us will definitely do something to make up the three weeks that we haven't seen each other.

"Bye! Have fun!" Reese said this in an excited manner.

"W-wait! I'm not rea-!"

Charles pulled me away and about to open the door for us to get out the room but Reese stopped us and asked to bring the plastic bag I just dropped.

Charles picked it up and gave it to her.

"Reese, you intentionally made me buy this so that you could make Charles come here, right? You knew the coconut juice is not available at that store, didn't you?" I said

Reese gave me a wink and a thumbs up. She did know that the coconut juice was not there to buy some time to contact Charles!

"Take her away, Charles. Do whatever it takes to make her happy!" Reese happily said.

"Of course! Well then, we will go now. Thanks for everything." Charles said this in a hurry then he dragged me away.

We're now at the hallway walking towards the exit of the hospital, however, I can't keep up with his fast walking pacing so I suddenly stopped.

"W-wait! You're too fast!" I said.

He stopped and apologized.

"I'm in cloud nine, that's why. Also, I just don't want to waste any minute." He said.

"Uhm... where exactly are we going?" I asked.

"To my house. I want to be alone with you and savor you."

I got all flustered from what he said.

"W-what?" I nervously said.

He chuckled and explained that he wanted to savor my presence, not literally eating me away.

"You thought something naughty, huh?" He gave me a smug look.

I slapped his arm and told him that it isn't true. Well, I did automatically thought that we'll do something naughty. How embarrassing.

He whispered to my ear with a sultry voice and said  "I can't guarantee that we'll do something naughty-free when we arrive home."

He moved away and brightly smiled at me and said that he won't do anything overboard.

I-I don't know what to say. Is it because a part of me kind of wanted to do those things with him? I really think I have fallen hard with this person.

"Huh? Charlie and Athena?" A familiar voice said this behind Charles.

Both of us looked at that person and I was surprised to see him here.

Oh wait! He is working as a doctor here! That's why he is here. This is the hospital I went when I injured my ankle.

Doctor Dylan looks baffled on why we are together here in the hospital. I was about to tell my reason about why I am here, Charles suddenly grab a hold of my hand, raised it up halfway, and told his brother that we officially got back together.

Dylan, upon hearing that, the border of his mouth reached up to his ears.

"That's great news! I'm so glad! When and how did this happen?" He ecstatically asked.

"Later, we got something do." Charles then dragged me towards the exit of the hospital and asked for the vallet parking employee to retrieve his car.

His car has pulled out and we now settled ourselves in the car.

As we are now headed to his house, I asked how where he came from when Reese contacted him.

"Actually, I was just at Dylan's house hanging around with my nephew and niece since it is a weekend today," he said.

He really loves his nephew and niece, huh?

"I would probably not hang out much with them anymore," he added.

I asked why would he not be hanging much anymore with them.

"You'll be occupying most of my time from now. You are my priority now." he said this as he turned the wheel.

"W-what? They're your family. Dominic will cry a fit if you don't hang with him anymore," I said.

"He won't. In fact, he'll be delighted to see you again to the point that he would respect our personal space. He is the one who would always say that we eventually got separated because I spend too much time with him." he said.

I kind of felt fluffy. Dominic is such a cute kid.

After a short while, we arrived at his home, specifically his second home.

As soon as we entered his home, I got nervous because he said that he might do some naughty stuff.

He placed his car keys at the side table near his door and then he dragged me towards the living room.

He told me to wait as he told me that he'll get something from his room.

When he went to his room, I got all squirmy all of the sudden on his sofa.

What is he getting? Food? I really have no idea so various expectations are rushing into my mind.

A gift of some sorts? Now I'm curious.

He finally went out of his room and I saw what he is holding.

It's the box of the necklace that I returned to him.

He opened the box and I suddenly felt emotional when I saw this four-leaf shaped pendant again.

"I still kept this even though I did not hope that we'll get back together." He said.

To not let my emotions eat me off, I joked at him that he wasn't able to throw it away because it's expensive.

"No," he showed a with a soft smile and said, "it is not because of monetary value but the value of memories I had with you. I don't want to throw them altogether."

I never thought he was this sentimental. Did I gave him much impact that he doesn't want to throw it away even if we wouldn't get back together?

This person right in front of me is very precious. Is he the answer of my prayers about having a person who will truly love me?

"I-I want to wear it again. Can y-you attach it to me?" I shyly said.

He smiled at me and he agreed.

I swept my hair to the side above my shoulders, and from behind, Charles attached the necklace.

I caressed the necklace on my neck and tears just fell from my eyes.

Charles went in front of me and put  his hands on my cheeks, one hand on each cheek, and he slowly brings his face closely to my face.

Our lips touched and he started kissing me so softly.

Ahh, I missed his kisses. My heart aches but at the same time I want to receive more of his kisses.

We kept kissing until we were out of breath. He then hugged me then I felt his lips touched my neck.

I suddenly felt ticklish and he said, "I'm so deprived with your presence. It felt like forever waiting for you."

"Now I'm here. I'm so sorry for making you wait," I said.

He suddenly swept my feet off from the ground and carried me towards to his room and placed me on the bed.

He went on top of me and he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"I love you, Athena."

I reached out my hand and cupped his cheek then I smiled at him.

"I love you too, Charles."

We began to kiss again but this time it's more passionate. My body began to feel more heat when his tongue suddenly touched my lips.

Is this what French kissing feels like? I've only seen this from the movies and I can't believe I am experiencing this!

It kind of feels good.

However, Charles suddenly stopped and plopped beside me.

"I-I'm sorry. I think I overheated and I might not stop if I go further.", he said.

I chuckled and told him that I'm glad that he stopped because I am also overheated and I might not stop either.

He looked at me with a surprised look on his face then gave me a smirk.

"You want to continue? I can continue if you want to," he said.

I suddenly turned away from him and told him that I don't want to continue.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." He said.

However, I turned to him again and I hugged him and buried my face to his chest.

"I-I want this. Is t-this okay?" I shyly said.

He wrapped his arms on my back and said, "this is yours. You can hug it as many times as you like."

.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up seeing Athena sleeping beside me.

Apparently, we suddenly fell asleep while cuddling. Finally, I can see her without setbacks.

I stared at her sleeping face and had the urge to kiss her lips but I do not want disturb her peaceful sleep.

Looking back, it took time to make me aroused when I was with my previous girlfriends. Athena is built different. I never fell so hard for a girl.

Damn, good thing I still have my self control. Athena might turn away from me if I insisted my sexual desire for her.

I looked at the ceiling and it sunk to me that this house that I bought will soon be relive it's purpose — to live and build a future with her.

Should I marry her soon?

Chill, she needs time. We just got back together and I shouldn't pressure her into marrying her soon.

Athena... Athena Stein.

Thinking about her taking my last name excites me.

I shook my head and told myself that I should take one step at a time.

The time when we were dating was messy so this time I'll make sure no one will get on our way to achieve a smooth sailing relationship before I eventually marry her.

Though I want to marry her sooner...

I lightly kissed her forehead. As soon as I moved my lips away, I saw her eyes suddenly opened.

"Oh, I'm sorry I woke you up."

She looked flustered and bashfully said that she felt something on her forehead.

I smirked and told her that it is what you she is thinking right now.

"I gave you a forehead kiss. Did you like it?"

I will never get used to her flustered face. She looks cute whenever she acts shy and embarrassed.

She suddenly sat upright and told me not to do that.

I immediately apologized and asked if she didn't like it.

She turned her back and said, "It's not that I don't like it, I m-might get more g-greedy and -!"

I hugged her from behind, wrapping my arms around her waist, then I kissed her neck.

She got startled and I felt on my lips that her neck is getting hot.

"Isn't it a good thing? Getting greedy for my kisses tells me that you want more something out from me, right?"

My lips went to her shoulders and I made her face me by turning her body towards me which she didn't protest.

She looks so red and immensely embarrassed.

Now I feel so aroused.

I can't take it anymore so I started kissing her like there is no tomorrow.

»»»»»End of Chapter 97«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 97 13
Introverts, I call out to you: This book is about Athena, the nerdiest of introverts. However, like everyone she was hit by the curse of falling in...
2.5M 90.3K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
5.5K 239 37
Athena Myers is a pretty girl. She hate liars and prefers cute guys over hot. She is sarcastic as hell. Short-tempered and totally lives in her dream...
4.5K 230 17
Alexandria Fox thought her life was on track between her final year of high school, her friends, her passion of writing, and her boyfriend, the cocky...