His Solace

By keepupwithkai23

Sol-ace noun comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness. Twenty-three year old Korianna is just... More

Cast
CH. 1 Run-In
Ch. 2 The Crew
Ch. 3 Night Out
Ch. 4 Game Night
Ch.5 Bed & Breakfast
Ch. 7 Renee's Reason
Ch.8 Future Plans
Ch. 9 Anonymous
Ch. 10 Date Night
Ch. 11 Closure?
Ch. 12 New Friend
Ch. 13 Transparency
Ch. 14 Happy Birthday
Ch. 15 Happy Birthday pt. 2
Ch. 16 Attitude Check
Ch. 17 A not so merry Christmas
Ch. 18 Unexpected Return
Ch. 19 Mrs. Woods
Ch. 20 Emergency
Ch. 21 Messy Masquerade
Ch. 22 Caught Up
Ch. 23 Latoya's Side
Ch. 24 Snake
Ch. 25 The Truth
Ch. 26 K&S
Ch. 27 Oops!
Ch. 28 Heated Discussion
Ch. 29 Reasonable Doubt
Ch. 30 Secrets Revealed
Ch. 31 Unfit Parent
Ch. 32 Bad Memory
Ch. 33 Safe Travels
Ch. 34 Bad Feeling
Ch. 35 Think Again
Ch. 36 Helpful Stranger
Ch. 37 Sneaky Creepy
Ch.38 Backstabber
Ch. 39 Not So Stealth
Real Quick
Ch. 40 Reunited
Ch. 41 Reunited pt. 2
Ch. 42 On Your Own
CH. 43 Awkward Encounter
Ch. 44 A&T
Ch. 45 Family Secrets
Ch. 46 Surprise
Ch. 47 Saints Day

Ch. 6 Family Woes

1.6K 94 51
By keepupwithkai23

Kori's POV

Sinn and Kori had become two peas in a pod over the last week and a half taking the time to hang out alone and get to know each other better. No they weren't in a relationship but they were building a pretty solid friendship.

In the short amount of time he had become her favorite person after Maura of course that she's met since being in Texas.

Unfortunately the duos time had been cut short due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Kori had caught a late flight back home to Boston that Tuesday while Sinn had left for New York the day before.

Although she loved and missed her family now that she'd been back in town a few days she missed her new friends and home terribly.  Am I homesick? she thought to herself.

But a person couldn't possibly be homesick while they were home. Right?

A knock at her room door snapped her out of her thoughts. "Hey Shay mamas looking for you" she heard her little brother Dreux yell from the other side.

She let out a low groan not wanting to help her mom cook this morning. Having helped Krishelle prep everything since touching down on Tuesday.

"Come in Drewski" she called him by his nickname. "I told you to stop calling me that Shay. It's childish" he frowned opening her door and sitting on her computer chair.

"Uh huh so what's going on with school? Every time mama and daddy call me they say you got in trouble." she asked voice laced with confusion.

Sure the 13 year old had got in trouble before but never to this extent. It seemed like every other  week he was either getting a call home or suspended at this rate he was close to being expelled.

She didn't want to come off as judgemental or pushy because then he'd just get defensive and that wouldn't get her any answers plus they had parents for that.  Kori really wanted to know what got into her baby brother.

Releasing a frustrated sigh he answered "Well you know mama and daddy got me going to this white school and because of my good grades I've been able to skip grades so now I'm the youngest black kid in the 9th grade."

Kori completely forgot her parents had transferred him from BPS to METCO this year and she had no idea that he had skipped a grade. She remained silent waiting for him to finish.

"So basically I have to deal with racist teachers and students every day they find any little reason to write me up or call home. Then when I defend myself I'm the angry, poor, urban black boy with no home training."

She heard his voice crack and immediately stood up to hug her baby brother. No matter how tall or grown he got he would always be her baby and she would definitely be mentioning this to her parents before she left for Texas.

"Don't worry I'll talk to mama and daddy before I go because I know they probably didn't let you get a word in huh?" He shook his no head as he tightly hugged her back.

This would've been the perfect time for her older brother Khalil to be here but he had caught a gun charge 2 years ago and was sentenced to 3 years. The whole family felt his absence especially Dreux they were super close Kori still remembered the silent tears he dropped at 'lils sentencing.

"Don't let them people get to you you have every right to be there and they're just mad because they're 15 and 16 in class with a whole 13 year old. Dumbass kids if I gotta pull up there myself I'll show them angry and ghetto" she scoffed.

The Simmons weren't poor but they weren't wealthy either. Krishelle owned her own beauty bar which included hair, nail, and facial services and Bishop owned several barbershops.

That alone bought in more than enough income for the family their children never went without or needed for anything. They may have wanted things but what kid doesn't? and if their grades + attitudes were good 9/10 they got whatever they asked for and then some.

Which is why they couldn't understand how Khalil got caught up with an unregistered gun. The whole situation was weird and unlike him but he wouldn't go over details with his family or his lawyer which is why he got sentenced.

Finally making her way downstairs to the kitchen after her heart to heart with Dreux she saw her mom leaned over the island stressed. She could see the tear stains on her cheeks and instead of asking what's wrong Kori embraced her mom in a tight hug.

Holidays hadn't been the same for two years and everyone knew why. "I just miss him y' know? this was his favorite holiday and he would always come and sneak pieces of cheese or scoop of greens from the pot" Krishelle chuckled lightly.

"I know mama we all miss him he'll be home soon just one more year and he'll be back in your kitchen stealing food again" Kori laughed rubbing circles on her mom's back.

A few minutes later the women started cooking, everything was done by 4pm which was a new record for the Simmons.

Just as Krishelle took the baked macaroni out the oven the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" a 10 year old Danielle the baby of the family yelled from the family room.

"Mama who did you invite? I thought it'd just be us this year" Kori pouted she wanted to wear her leggings and oversized sweat shirt and not play dress up today.

She just wanted to eat, watch movies, doze off, and eat again in that order.

"Girl stop the complaining and go change it's probably just Roshelle & them you know nana & pop pop coming that's it" Krishelle casually responded.

Roshelle was her cousin Renee's mom and Kori didn't care for either of them she just knew some bullshit would pop off and all she wanted was to be surrounded by her immediate family and loved ones.

Roshelle was Krishelle's older sister and she never knew what to say out her mouth resulting in Krishelle either cussing her out or kicking her out sometimes both it never failed.

When Kori came back downstairs after changing she heard laughs coming from the dining room a familiar deep chuckle caught her off guard.

When she entered the dining room she saw her cousin, aunty, uncle Lex, his wife Monica, her twin cousins Iyana and Ivette,  both sets of grandparents, her cousins Jaylin, Justice, and the last person she'd expect to see her ex- Symeir.

Symeir "Fredo Bang"

Before she could speak her father whose huge grin was replaced with a mug did "Now who the fuck invited this lil nigga to my house?" Bishop spat animosity and irritation very evident in his voice. No one responded until another familiar voice was heard.

"Pops who got you cussing on this happy holiday?" a voice called from the front door. Krishelle could be heard screaming and crying  from the kitchen while Kori and her siblings ran towards the door in disbelief.

There stood Khalil in the flesh a whole year earlier than expected. Kori's eyes instantly filled with tears as she hugged her big brother tightly afraid that if she'd let go he'd slip away again.

Khalil 'Lil" Simmons

"Hey Kori, Dani, and my man Drewski what the hell you almost my height?!" he stared at his younger brother in disbelief while his sisters and mother cried hysterically. 

Soon after Jaylin and Justice dapped their cousin up and Iyana & Ivette hugged him. Renee and Roshelle never came to the door.

"Bishop you knew about this?" Krishelle whined between tears. "Of course I knew my first born was coming home we wanted to surprise you my baby" Kori's dad responded as he engulfed his wife in a hug.

Dreux stood watching he didn't want to break down and cry in front of the whole family but he was extremely happy to see his brother.

Once Khalil finally broke away from his sisters and mom he embraced his brother in a tight hug and whispered "I'm sorry I let you down won't happen again" into his ear Dreux immediately broke down.

When Khalil left he felt like he lost his best friend 'Lil was the only one who understood  him or tried to at-least. Despite the age difference Khalil never made him feel left out until he started hanging with the wrong crowd.

Dreux just hoped he had his brother back for good because who else would binge watch anime, play basketball, put him on to new kicks, and teach him how to pick up girls?

The emotional reunion almost made her forget about the elephant in the room her ex.

"Symeir what the hell are you doing here seriously?" she frowned taking a seat in the dining area with everyone else, her father refused to sit down until someone started talking.

"Well actually we invited him" her aunt Roshelle answered smirking.

"How about we bless the food first y'all come on" Her grandmother from her mom's side Elaine responded.

Krishelle let out a sarcastic laugh "Mama I don't bless mess why the hell did you invite my daughters ex boyfriend to Thanksgiving make it make sense to me Ro and make it make sense fast!" she snapped standing up.

Kris didn't play especially when it came to her kids.

"Wait a damn minute you told us the boy was dating Renee he use to date Kori? Ro you're really pissing me the hell off now every year it's some silly shit with you" their father pop pop Roy spat.

His memory was going due to old age but he DID remember his oldest daughter introducing the boy as Renee's boyfriend not once did she mention the boys relation to Korianna.

"Pop pop Fredo use to date Kori he doesn't even go by Symeir anymore now we're dating what's the issue it's been months and Kori moved on ain't that right cuddy? I seen you on IG with a new boo what's his name again Sinncity something like that?" Renee smirked pretending like she didn't remember Sinns Instagram handle.

Cousin Renee

Sometime last week Sinn posted an innocent reel of them out roller skating well he was roller skating Kori was falling. Some way somehow Renee seen it and commented and Kori just knew her cousin was stalking his page since then.

She expected weird shit like that from the girl but  dating her ex and having the balls to flaunt him in her face was a new low.

"See this is that messy shit we'll just take our plates to go Denise we're heading out" Grandpa B or Senior as everyone called him  her fathers dad said to his wife.

"I'm sorry but you know how Senior gets, Kori baby make sure you come by the house before you leave ya hear? I wanna know all about Mr. City " her nana Denise said as she winked making Kori blush in embarrassment.

"I think y'all should go" Khalil spoke up in between bites of food. If they wanted to argue they could do so over the phone he had gone 2 years without a home cooked meal and he'd be damned if he let his messy aunt, cousin, or his sisters weird ass ex ruin it for him.

It was already taking everything in him not to leap over the table and beat Symeirs or Fredos ass whoever he called himself now.

'Lil had heard all about the break-up from his little sister plus he thought she was too good for him anyway so showing up with his cousin was red flag number who gives a fuck he was over the nigga.

"Look ian mean to cause problems, Kori I apologize and congrats on the move I heard you in Houston now I gotta show out there soon VIP on me bring ya new man too no hard feelings" He smiled showcasing his pearly whites and those dimples she use to love.

Renee instantly caught an attitude smacking her teeth and grabbing his hand so they can head out. Roshelle followed suit along with Grandpa Roy and Grandma Elaine.

A few hours had gone by since the whole incident after her other aunt, uncle and cousins left everyone was full and napping. 

Khalil and Dreux had started watching some anime called Hunter x Hunter Kori started watching it with them until the itis hit and she began dozing off.

Right before she fell asleep she got a missed call from Sinn and a flood of texts from the group chat.

Tanky💪🏾😤: Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

Momo💗👯‍♀️: Happy Thanksgiving!

DizzyTizzy🤪👌🏾: Happy Birthday gang

BigBlaze👿🔥: This niggas high as hell happy what lil bro?

Maniboo🍃😎: Boy we're not ya gang happy turkey day family

Krissypooh🥰🏳️‍🌈:Happy gobble gobble day

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦: Happy Thanksgiving y'all

: Sorry just waking up Happy Thanksgiving love y'all and miss you

DizzyTizzy🤪👌🏾:Awww shit my fault Happy Thanksgiving and love you too Koko bean

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦:I missed sum? 👀

Krissypooh🥰🏳️‍🌈: Yeah did I miss something cause I thought I was only sharing you with Sinn what's this kokobean bullshit?!🥴

:Lmfaoooo byeeeee y'all aggy as hell

DizzyTizzy🤪👌🏾: Nah facts stay outta best friend bidness 🙄

Momo💗👯‍♀️: Ntm Tahj not too fuckin much 😒

Blaze👿🔥: AAAAAAHHHHH NOT THE GOV

DizzyTizzy🤪👌🏾: Right fed af✌🏾

After laughing at Momo and Tizzy going back and forth she decided to text Sinn.

: my bad for missing ya call it was crazy over here

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦: You aight mamas?

:Yeah I'm ready to go back home though I miss my house

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦: That's all you miss? 🤔😏

:BOYYYYAAAA jk I miss you too aggy 😂😂😂

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦: OH AIGHT YKTFV and I miss you too babygirl you still owe me a date

:I KNOOOOW don't worry I got something planned 🤭

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦: Say less and you betta change my contact name too I'm not SinnSinn to you no more juheard?

:OOP you been in NY too damn long not the juheard and ok then

SinnSinn💞💞💞🫦: yeah yeah stop chatting what you changing my name to?

:Don't worry bout it sweetheart

Papas💞💞💞🫦: mhmm well enjoy the rest of ya night beautiful and see you soon

:kk

Papas💞💞💞🫦: Korianna Lashay dpmo 😤

: LMFAOOOO OKAAAAAAY see you soon❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 3.8K 54
Knowing what you want and allowing what you don't want is surely an hard thing and Demar had been biding his time. One thing for certain is that he d...
17.4K 1.8K 20
Solana Jacobs was raised in a town where her future was predicted based on her mother who couldn't let go of drugs. After moving to start a new life...
527K 14.9K 44
Serenity [Sir-ren-ity] : The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Chaos [Kay-os] : Complete disorder and confusion. β™•β™•β™• With being the Do...
468 70 26
Norman has always felt a hole in his heart. He never knew why. He was happy with his brother and their father. Until their fathers left them alone. H...