charmer | minsung

By goIive

shin ryujin was arranged on a date by her mother, and since she wasn't interested, she made her cousin go-lee... More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
#countingstars

14

299 16 29
By goIive

Minho found himself preparing for school after a lengthy rest, but a persistent cough accompanied his movements. He dressed in a comfortable gray hoodie, featuring a graphic design of a rabbit with its head as hand forming a middle finger-an interesting choice. His matching pants completed the laid-back look.

As he gathered his belongings and readied himself to leave his room, his coughs echoed throughout the space. Heading downstairs, he was intercepted by Ryujin's voice from the kitchen.

"You're not having breakfast?" Ryujin queried, her figure leaned against the kitchen counter, munching on a cookie. Her arm was in a cast, and the bandage on her forehead was visible, indicating her own injuries and her absence from school due to doctor's orders for rest.

"Nah, I'll just snag some of Jeongin's lunch," Minho replied hoarsely, punctuating his response with another cough.

Ryujin furrowed her brows, concern evident. "Aren't you going to eat at least a little so you can take your cough medicine?" she scolded lightly.

Minho teased, "Since when did you become my mom?" before quickly grabbing a light snack from the kitchen, hoping to divert Ryujin's scolding.

Observing Minho rummaging through cabinets, Ryujin quipped, "I'm just worried you might start another pandemic," as she reached for another bite of cookie from the jar with her uninjured hand.

Eventually, Minho settled for a bagel and cream cheese from the fridge. He swiftly spread a generous amount of cream cheese on the halved bagel, savoring his quick yet nutritious breakfast.

After finishing, he took his cough medicine before preparing to head out once more.

"Wear a mask, Min. You don't want to infect anyone with your cough," Ryujin reminded him.

With an exaggerated eye roll, Minho spun around, snatched a face mask, and shot a glare at Ryujin, who was chuckling by the kitchen counter, seemingly teasing him for having to go to school.

"Can I leave now?" Minho muffled through his mask, his annoyance evident.

Ryujin tilted her head, mouth twisted in a smirk. "Yeah, bye loser," she teased.

With a grumble, Minho exited the shared living area. He made his way to the car, slipped into the driver's seat, and reluctantly started the engine, setting off for school.

-----

Jisung lay comfortably on his bed, one leg propped up while the other rested atop it, his ankle moving in a relaxed rhythm.

Dressed in loose gray sweatpants, a peek of the Supreme boxer band showed at his waist. His bare upper body was on full display, showcasing defined lines and a glint from his belly piercing.

His gaze remained fixed on the mounted TV across the room, though his expression seemed distant, his attention more focused to gently stroking the soft black fur curled up beside him.

Chewing on his tongue, feeling the silver orb pierced through it, Jisung murmured, "Delancy, what do you think of having sex without love in it?" His gaze shifted to the feline purring beside him.

The movie displayed an intimate scene between two characters, with moans and love-making sounds resonating in Jisung's room. Knowing that Delancy wouldn't reply, he shifted his gaze back to the movie, his other hand affectionately stroking the feline, eliciting satisfied purrs.

Jisung continued watching, apparent disinterest painting his expression. "I thought this movie would turn me on, but it's doing the opposite," he mumbled, turning his body to face Delancy, choosing to ignore the intimate movie playing on the TV.

Jisung cooed, gently booping Delancy's nose before cradling her on his chest, feeling her soft fur against his bare skin. "And besides, I can't do anything inappropriate now that you've decided to cuddle beside me," he teased, enjoying the warmth of the feline nestled against him.

"Delancy, is it strange that... movies like this don't interest me anymore?" he murmured, gently resting his chin on her soft fur.

A soft "meow" was Delancy's only response.

Jisung chuckled softly, amused at himself for seeking answers from a cat who couldn't respond. "I'm probably just being dramatic; Hyunjin's dramaticness is rubbing off on me," he said with a gentle smile, running his fingers through the fur.

The room fell into a moment of quiet, only the inappropriate sounds from the TV breaking the silence before Jisung spoke again.

"Do you think... I'll ever experience what Hyunjin and Seungmin have?" he asked gently, his words tapering off with uncertainty.

As expected, there was no reply from Delancy. Jisung chuckled softly to himself, shaking his head as he shifted on the bed, sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

"I'm sorry, that was a stupid question," he said lightheartedly, trying to dismiss the weight of his emotions, though a sinking feeling lingered inside him.

'But it's not stupid,' his inner thoughts echoed relentlessly.

"I don't know why I'm suddenly thinking of such a thing. Falling in love, love in general... it just turns people into lovesick dumbasses," he rambled, his expression contorting into a grimace, trying to hide the turmoil within.

'But you wanted to feel it.'

"I can still go about my daily life without everything being tied to love. There's still plenty of love around me. Lots of people loves me!" he continued, the words spilling out as his thoughts tangled and clashed within him.

'But it's not the same, is it?'

"I can still have sex without it being about love!"

'But you hate that. That's why you let him go.'

"Love... Delancy, you love me, right?! What we have is some kind of love, isn't it?" His voice wavered, teetering on the edge of tears, as he turned toward Delancy, who was calmly grooming herself.

'It's not the type you yearn for.'

'You want the type of love Seungmin and Hyunjin have.'

'You're jealous of them.'

Jisung's thoughts were starting to consume him, overwhelming him. It was frustrating, each thought ringing true.

yet he denies it.

"I'M NOT JEALOUS!" Jisung's voice reverberated through the room, a vehement response to the thoughts closing in on him. Startled by the intensity of his outburst, Delancy jumped off his bed, retreating to some unknown corner of his apartment.

Jisung's chest rose and fell rapidly, a physical manifestation of his inner turmoil. In an abrupt move, he scrambled for the remote, turning off the TV and tossing the remote aside.

"I'm not jealous..." he repeated, trying to convince himself, his expression distant as he got lost in thought.

A sound echoed in the room, pulling Jisung out of his daze. As his eyes refocused, he reached for his phone on the bedside table, the device persistently calling out to him.

He wiped away the stray tears that escaped his eyes and cleared his throat, determined not to show his vulnerability to anyone.

"Hello, Hyun?" he managed, trying to steady his voice despite it being on the verge of cracking.

"Hey, Ji. Are you busy right now?" Hyunjin's voice came from the other end of the line.

Jisung let out a forced chuckle, pushing aside the thoughts still swirling in his mind now that the source of his jealousy was on the other end of the line. "What could I even be doing now?"

"I don't know? Fucking someone dumb? Masturbating? Pestering Delancy?" Hyunjin replied, his voice tinged with playfulness.

"Well, one of them is correct. I was about to jerk off to this movie, but Delancy laid beside me, and it would be awkward to continue. Besides, the movie didn't turn me on," Jisung shamelessly replied, already picturing the disgust on Hyunjin's face.

"I did not need to know that, JISUNG," Hyunjin scolded, his voice laced with disbelief at how much TMI Jisung could provide.

"Anyways, I have a favor," he added.

"A favor? Hyunjin, I may work in your company, but I'm not one of your goody two-shoes that you can order around," Jisung said, deciding to stand up from his bed and head to the balcony for fresh air to clear his mind.

"I literally arranged another date for your crush. The least you could do is grant me this favor," Hyunjin scoffed, growing frustrated with Jisung's reluctance.

"That doesn't count. It's a part of our agreement," Jisung replied casually, leaning against the balcony railing, relishing the gentle breeze that tousled his hair.

As he held the phone in one hand, the other toyed with his hair. "Should I get a perm?" he mused aloud, smirking slightly at the expected groan from Hyunjin on the other end.

"Jisung, can you stop acting like a petty little bitch right now? I need you to attend Yeji's dance recital later since I won't be able to make it," Hyunjin blurted out, wanting to get to the point without further interruption.

Jisung's posture slackened slightly. "Why me, though? Why not your parents?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued.

"My parents are overseas, that's why I'm left with so many paper works. I won't be able to attend Yeji's recital," Hyunjin explained, the rustling of papers audible in the background.

"You should just adopt me into your family at this point," Jisung sighed, though a small smile played on his lips. Attending Yeji's dance recital meant he'd have to visit her university-something Jisung was eager to experience.

He longed to attend school, to study his desired program-music. Unfortunately, his parents had advised him to wait a bit longer, expressing concerns about his lack of experience in a school setting and worrying about potential challenges he might face.

"So you agree?" Hyunjin sought clarification, his anticipation palpable in his voice.

"Yeah, sure. I wanted to see how her university is," Jisung replied, balancing his phone between his face and shoulder as he headed back inside his room, choosing clothes to change into.

"Great! I'll send you some money for the celebration later. I've already informed Yeji, so just text her when you arrive. Bye, Jiji!" Hyunjin exclaimed before ending the call, his voice sweetened by the satisfaction of Jisung's agreement.

Jisung playfully rolled his eyes at Hyunjin's antics and focused on scanning his closet for something to wear for Yeji's recital. Eventually, he settled on an oversized white shirt with folded sleeves, paired with slightly tight black pants and black boots. He added accessories and a graphic black blazer, deciding to keep it off for the time being.

After that, he applied light makeup, accentuating his eyes with black eyeliner and bronze eyeshadow. When he finished, he admired himself in the mirror, giving his lips a playful swipe with his tongue. "I'd fuck myself if possible," he remarked, chuckling at his own boldness.

Suddenly, soft meows caught his attention as Delancy approached him, wrapping her tail around Jisung's legs. With a coo, Jisung picked up Delancy and cradled her in his arms, swaying both of them from side to side. "My dearest, I have to leave you again today. Don't worry, I'll bring you home your favorite food when I come back," he said in a baby voice.

After a while, he gently set Delancy down on the floor and brushed off his clothes from the fur that clung to the fabric. He then grabbed his helmet and headed to the door, not forgetting to say goodbye to Delancy.

"Bye, Delancy. I'll call Auntie and ask if she could look after you for a while. Sungie loves you," he said in an affectionate tone, blowing a kiss toward the cat who only looked at him while sitting in front of the door.

As Jisung closed the door, he made his way toward where his motorbike was parked. Letting out a low whistle, he put on his helmet, hopped on the bike, turned the engine on, and headed toward Yeji's university. The roaring sound of his motorbike reverberated in the streets as he passed by.

Shortly after, he arrived at Yeji's university and leaned casually on his motorbike parked just in front of the entrance. Jisung sent a quick message to Yeji, informing her of his arrival, and received a reply instructing him to wait.

As he waited, he sensed the curious gazes of the people around him. Jisung opted not to wear a mask this time, deeming it unnecessary since he didn't consider himself as noteworthy as celebrities.

"Who is he?"

"Does he study here?"

"He's my new crush."

Jisung overheard these words from onlookers. While he was accustomed to drawing attention, he began to feel uneasy with the increasing scrutiny. While he appreciated turning heads with his unique style, he wanted the freedom to express himself without becoming the center of everyone's attention, especially when those glances carried hidden intentions.

Growing uncomfortable, he decided to leave the area and head inside the school to find Yeji. Despite not being a student enrolled in the university, the guards allowed him entry as the school was hosting an event that welcomed outsiders.

-----

"Hyung, isn't today your dance recital? Will you be able to dance properly with that cough?" Jeongin pointed out, leaning against one of the lockers as he observed Minho violently shoving his things inside.

"It's just a cough, Jeongin," Minho muffledly replied, his words followed by a fit of coughing.

Jeongin and Changbin shared glances before Changbin interjected, "Which team are you going against again?"

Minho let out a cough before replying in a hoarse voice, "ITZYNCH."

"And your team is?" Changbin added.

"WOLFGANG," Minho replied, rolling his eyes as he noticed Jeongin and Changbin stifling their laughter.

"Are you sure you guys aren't doing ballet?" Jeongin teased, and Changbin high-fived him for his witty remark.

"Whatever. I have to go get ready now. If I don't see any of your asses in the crowd, I'll stuff your mouths with bad-quality tissues," Minho threatened, already walking away from Jeongin and Changbin, who were still giggling in the distance.

As Minho walked in the direction of the restroom to change into their dance costume, an oddly familiar voice called out to him.

"Excuse me!" exclaimed the voice, drawing closer to Minho.

Turning towards the voice, Minho felt a rush of nerves. The approaching figure glistened with sweat, the sheen highlighting his honeyed skin. Slightly out of breath, the person hurried toward him with urgency.

Before long, they stood before Minho, panting slightly. "E-excuse me, do you perhaps know where the dance recital will be held? I've been walking around trying to find it, but I've had no luck, and you're the only person I've seen," the male explained, taking deep breaths to regain composure.

Minho stood frozen, fearing that any movement might reveal his identity to the person before him.

The individual happened to be none other than his date from last Saturday-'Hwang Hyunjin'.

Jisung tilted his head slightly, noticing the lack of response from the person in front of him. "Um, excuse me?" he voiced again.

Minho blinked slowly, shaking off his daze. His mouth opened and closed beneath his mask as he struggled to find his voice.

"U-uh, from here, head down that corridor and cross the bridge to the west wing. Exit the building, and if you see a huge crowd in the distance, that's the place," Minho managed to explain, his voice slightly shaky.

"Okay, thank you," Jisung replied with a small smile before darting off in the direction Minho had indicated.

As Jisung disappeared into the distance, Minho pulled his mask down and let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, feeling his heart racing in his chest.

"W-what the fuck is HE doing here?!" he exclaimed to himself, trying to steady his breathing.

"Good thing I had my mask on, and my messy ass bangs slightly covering my eyes, or I'm dead," he muttered, still unable to fully process the encounter with Hwang Hyunjin outside his disguise as Lina.

Once his heart had finally settled, Minho shook his head to clear his thoughts. He pulled his mask back up, just in case he ran into 'Hyunjin' again, and continued on his way, mentally preparing for the upcoming dance recital.

-----
ji's notes!
guess how many hours this took to finish ;'] anw, sorry if the direction minho gave doesn't make sense, i can't picture it in my head what the school structure looks like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.7K 5K 24
"I'll be with you from dusk til dawn." - Han Jisung and Hwang Hyunjin were highschool sweethearts; a couple everyone thought was going to last foreve...
716K 25.7K 46
"Thank you Minho." Jisung buried his face into Minho's back which caused a muffled noise when he spoke. "No worries, I'll do anything for you. I jus...
663K 28K 74
in which jisung's date gives him a wrong number that turns out to be minho's. softbinnie-©
500K 24.7K 42
Minho and Jisung are childhood best friends. They're inseparable. Until Jisung started acting strange, suddenly trying to distance himself from Minho...