Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorpora...

By WeaselSnipes

When Y/N was young he and his siblings lost their parents. To find out how it happened Y/N started to become... More

Love Interest
Winner
Bio
Beware The Beast From Below
The Creeping Creatures
The Secret of the Ghost Rig
Revenge of The Man Crab
The Song of Mystery
The Legend of Alice May
In Fear of the Phantom
The Grasp of the Gnome
Battle of the Humungonauts
Howl of the Fright Hound
The Secret Serum
The Shrieking Madness
When The Cicada Calls
The Wild Brood
Where Walks Aphrodite
Escape From Mystery Manor
The Dragon's Secret
The Siren's Song
Menace of The Manticore
Attack of The Headless Horror
A Haunting In Crystal Cove
Dead Justice
Pawns of Shadows
All Fear The Freak
The Night the Clown Cried
The House of the Nightmare Witch
The Night the Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom!
Web of the Dreamweaver
The Hodag of Horror
Art of Darkness
The Gathering Gloom
The Night on Haunted Mountain
Grim Judgement
Night Terrors
The Midnight Zone
Scarebear
Wrath of the Krampus
Theater of the Doomed
Aliens Among Us
The Horrible Herd
Dance of The Undead
The Devouring
Stand and Deliver
The Man in the Mirror
Nightmare in Red
Dark Night of the Hunters
Gates of Gloom
Through the Curtain
Come Undone
15 Years Later...

Nightfright

1.4K 43 10
By WeaselSnipes

Shaggy and Scooby are watching a Vincent Van Ghoul movie containing zombies. In the movie, Van Ghoul gets bitten as the lover, Weena opens the door for him, and he runs in as the lover slams the door. The lover treats his wounds.

Weena: Darling, why did you go out there?

Van Ghoul: I was hoping we could escape, make our way to Schaffhausen, find other humans, try to-

Weena: Shh. Just rest. I'll get a bandage.

Van Ghoul: No. A zombie bite- There's nothing that can be done for me now. Already I feel myself changing, becoming like them!

Weena: Don't say that. You'll be fine. We'll just use more antiseptic.

She pours the antiseptic on the bite and Van Ghoul screams in pain.

Van Ghoul: Promise me. Promise me you'll bolt the door and never let me in.

Weena: No. I-

Van Ghoul: You can't let me in. No matter how much I scream and wail, you mustn't let me in!

The lover hugs him.

Weena: No! You'll be fine. You'll see.

She looks and Van Ghoul is a zombie. She screamed and pushed him out the door.

Weena: Get out. Get out!

Van Ghoul: Bolt the door, now!

Van Ghoul tries to attack but Weena slams the door and locks it.

Van Ghoul: I was just kidding before. Seriously, I think I left the burners in the kitchen on. Weena!

Weena Sobs as the zombies surround her.

Van Ghoul: Let me in. Let me in. Weena. Let me in. Let me in!

Scooby and Shaggy then hear a knock at the door and answer it and see Vicent Van Ghoul.

Van Ghoul: Hello.

Scooby and Shaggy stared at him scared.

Shaggy: Like, don't eat our brains, Mr. Zombie. They're not very good.

Van Ghoul: Whatever are you talking about?

He sees the movie.

Van Ghoul: Oh. Heh, heh. How charming. You're watching one of my old pictures, "Me, Zombie. " Not a bad performance by myself, as I recall, but that actress was always forgetting her lines, and her breath reeked of scallions.

Scooby and Shaggy: Huh?

Shaggy: Like, I don't believe it. You're Vincent Van Ghoul.

Scooby: The movie star.

Van Ghoul: In the flesh. Congratulations, boys. You won.

Shaggy and Scooby: Won what?

Van Ghoul: The "Have dinner with Vincent Van Ghoul" essay contest.

Shaggy: Like, we entered months ago. Heh, heh. I totally forgot.

Van Ghoul: Your essay was inspiring. "Like, having dinner with, like, Vincent Van Ghoul at his house would be, like, the most coolest thing in, like, the whole, like, history of cool things, like." Rarely have words stirred me to such emotion.

Shaggy: Like, how 'bout that, Scooby, old pal? Out of thousands of entries, our essay was the best.

Van Ghoul: Well, there weren't exactly thousands, just 2, yours and one from an Eskimo boy who wrote the whole thing in Inuit. Well, time to go. Our chariot awaits. I've been cooking all day. We mustn't tarry. I don't want the fondue to get lumpy.

They walk out of the house and see a hearse.

Shaggy: Your chariot's a- a- a hearse?

Van Ghoul: I wouldn't be caught dead in anything else.

At Van Ghoul's home the three exit the car and it begins to rain.

Scooby: I didn't know it was gonna rain.

Van Ghoul: Oh, it always rains at my house. Special effects. I had it installed years ago. I can't sleep a wink without it.

Scooby and Shaggy look around amazed. They see statues, a portrait of Van Ghoul as they look back Van Ghoul who was pretending to be a part of the portrait speaks.

Van Ghoul: Welcome to Casa de Ghoul. Oh, dear. I almost forgot.

He closes the door and goes to the piano and starts playing organ and the security activates and all the windows and doors are sealed.

Van Ghoul: We should be quite safe now.

Shaggy: Safe? From what?

Van Ghoul: Mmm, stuff. What's that? Did someone say, "fondue's ready"?

Scooby: I don't think so.

Van Ghoul: No, no. I was just trying to lighten the- never mind. Let's just eat.

They go to the kitchen and sit down and eat.

Shaggy: This fonduey stuff is great.

Scooby: Delicious.

Van Ghoul: It's nice to share an enjoyable evening after all the strange things that have been happening around here.

Shaggy: Like what?

Van Ghoul: I don't want to talk about it.

Shaggy and Scooby: Mmm. Okay.

Van Ghoul: Oh, very well. A few days ago, I got the distinct impression that I wasn't alone in this house. There are others here lurking in the shadows. I know it sounds incredible, but somehow, somehow the monsters I've portrayed in my movies have come to life. They're here in this house, alive! You don't know what it's been like living in fear that I'll open a door and-

He opens a door, and they see a mutant bee and Van Ghoul screams as Scooby and Shaggy do as well.

Shaggy: Zoinks! It's the mutant bee from your movie, "The Mutant Bee"!

Van Ghoul: Run for your life!

They run as they see Dr. Phobos.

Shaggy: It's Dr. Phobos from "The Repellant Dr. Phobos!"

Van Ghoul: Up the stairs! Quickly!

They run upstairs and see Professor Jantzen.

Shaggy: It's Professor Jantzen from "The Castle of Gummy Discharge!"

They run once again as they get cornered.

Scooby: We're trapped!

Van Ghoul: Isn't this scary?

Scooby and Shaggy: Yeah!

Van Ghoul chuckles when something flies above them. The figure takes Dr. Phobos.

Van Ghoul: That wasn't supposed to happen.

The creature swings on a chandelier and tackles the Mutant Bee and throws him. He then attacks Professor Jantzen and throws him away as well.

Shaggy: Like, what movie is that thing from?

Van Ghoul: I have no idea.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright. Time for you to die.

Nightfright runs in but the three move and Nightfright hits the door getting stuck as the three runs. Nightfright begins to chase them.

Shaggy: Hurry, Scoob!

Scooby: Hurry.

Nightfright closes in but misses as the three go into a room and lock it.

Van Ghoul: There were only supposed to be 3 monsters.

Shaggy: What are you talking about?

Van Ghoul: The others were fake actors. I was just having a bit of fun with you, but this one-

Nightfright breaks the door.

Van Ghoul: Is real! The closet.

They went into the closet as Nightfright broke in and went to the closet and no one was there. The three were in a secret passage.

Van Ghoul: This way. It's a secret passage. I had it built so I could scare my guests and get to the kitchen faster.

They enter the living room as Van Ghoul plays the Organ to open the door, but it does not work.

Van Ghoul: Invalid code? That's impossible! Open up! We're trapped.

He looks into a hidden camera.

Van Ghoul: Bill, get us out here. Help! Help!

Shaggy: Like, who are you talking to?

Van Ghoul: The director.

Scooby: The director?

Van Ghoul: There are cameras all over the house. You're on my TV show.

Scooby and Shaggy: Um, what TV show?

Van Ghoul: "Ghoulish Dinners with Vincent Van Ghoul." I make gourmet dinners for guests, then scare the niblets out of them. Only, something's gone wrong! There's a real monster chasing us! Help!

He continues to scream at the hidden camera. Meanwhile, outside Bill and the assistant see this.

Bill: What is he doing? Why isn't he following the script?

Assistant: Maybe he's improvising.

Nightfright is on top of the stairs.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright. Scream! Scream! Time for you to die!

The three screams as he attacks.

Van Ghoul: The library!

Nightfright chases them as Van Ghoul closes the doors to the library. He opens the doors, but Van Ghoul uses a key and a gate shut separating Nightfright from the three. Outside, Bill and the assistant see Nightfright.

Bill: What is that thing?

Assistant: Not one of the actors we hired.

Bill: Get them out of there!

Assistant: We can't. The keypad to open the security doors is inside the house.

Nightfright tries to use his head to break the bars open to no use, he then tries to rip it off.

Van Ghoul: We're trapped, no way out, no way for anyone to get in and rescue us.

Shaggy: I think I know who could try.

Scooby: Me, too.

They look at the camera.

Scooby and Shaggy: Call mystery incorporated. At Velma's house, she was reading as her TV was on.

TV: If you're as big a fan of Klezmer music as we are, then make a pledge and support this station.

Her phone rang and she answered.

Velma: Hello... What?!

At Fred's house he was designing a trap when he got a phone call.

Fred: Hello? ...Holy smokes. We'll be right there.

At Bloody Stake, Y/N and Daphne were on a date as they were waiting for there for two hours.

Daphne: This is ridiculous. We've been waiting over two hours.

Her stomach growls.

Daphne: I'm starving.

Y/N: I know. I can tell but don't worry we should get our table any minute now.

Y/N phone rings.

Y/N: Hello... What, now?

A waitress walks over.

Waitress: Ah, your table's ready.

Daphne: Finally.

Y/N: Can you guys solve this yourself? ...Fine, we're on our way.

Y/N looks at Daphne.

Y/N: Daphne don't hate me but there's trouble.

Daphne: But...

Daphne's stomach growls.

Waitress: Your tummy's gurgling.

Y/N: And grass is green, Sherlocks.

The two go outside and see Fred and Velma as they drive to Van Ghoul home and talks with Bill and the assistant.

Bill: The creature stopped attacking just before you came. It's hiding somewhere in the house. We've tried to find it with the cameras, but-

Fred: You sure there's no way we can get in there?

Bill: Place is sealed tighter than a red nose on a fat clown.

Velma: Maybe not. I downloaded the house's building records from City Hall. An electrical conduit runs from the basement, goes under the yard, and leads to an emergency generator. It's a tight fit, but we might be able to crawl through.

Another assistant, Argus, comes over with cups of coffee.

Argus: I wouldn't do that. All those cables, you could get electrocuted.

Bill: What do you know? You're just a P. A. Mind your own business. Oh, and, uh, get me a doughnut.

Daphne: Mmm. A doughnut.

Fred: Well, we have to do something. I say we give it a shot.

They go over to the shed and see the vent wide open.

Fred: That's weird. Looks like somebody's already opened up the access panel.

Nightfright returns as Scooby, Shaggy, and Van Ghoul shiver in fear.

Assistant: It's back.

Nightfright uses his horns to break the bars open. Below the others hear Shaggy, Scooby, and Van Ghoul screaming.

Y/N: We better hurry.

Fred: We're comin', guys!

Nightfright chases them up the stairs as he blocks Scooby from the others.

Shaggy: Scoob!

Nightfright: I am Nightfright. Scream. Scream! Time for you to die.

Before he could attack Scooby bites his cape and Nightfright looks at Scooby.

Scooby: Uh-oh.

Scooby moves as Nightfright tries to grab him but falls off the railing and lands on his feet.

Fred: Shaggy! Scooby! We're coming!

They enter the library and see the three.

Velma: You guys all right?

Scooby: Yeah. We knew you'd find a way in.

Shaggy: We did? Like, no one told me.

Daphne: Where is that thing?

Van Ghoul: It fled when it heard you coming. And a good thing, too, because all this excitement has made me need to tinkle.

Y/N: I did not need to know that.

Fred: All right, then. Now's our chance.

They went back to the way they came in and opened the door and saw Nightfright.

Nightfright: I am nightfright. Scream. Scream. Time for you-

Y/N shuts the door.

Y/N: Nope.

Van Ghoul: My bedroom, it's our only hope.

They run upstairs as Nightfright breaks through the door.

Nightfright: For you to die!

He jumps on the stairs chasing the group as they go into Van Ghoul's bedroom and shut the door and lock it.

Van Ghoul: We're never going to make it out of here alive. Never! Never! Ooh!

A little while later, Van Ghoul is on his bed while Y/N and Fred take him to his bed as they all wait in the room, Shaggy, Scooby, and Fred barricade the door, Velma is on her computer, and Y/N and Daphne are checking on Van Ghoul.

Fred: I don't hear anything out there anymore. Maybe it left.

Van Ghoul: It's toying with us. It's the oldest trick in horror films. The monster pretends to go away. You open the door, and then it rips you to pieces! What have I done to deserve this? I was just trying to make a comeback, have people care about me again.

Scooby: We care about you, Mr. Van Ghoul.

Van Ghoul: Only you and one lonely little Eskimo boy.

Shaggy: That's not true. You are a big star. You must be asked to be in movies all the time.

Van Ghoul: Nothing but bit parts in terrible pictures.

Shaggy goes to his side table and goes through his scripts.

Shaggy: "Night of the Gassy Frog. "

Van Ghoul: They wanted me to play the role of gas.

Daphne stomach growls.

Van Ghoul: The creature's back!

Y/N: No. It's just my stomach. Happen to have anything to eat?

Van Ghoul: 'Fraid not.

Shaggy: This one doesn't sound so bad. "Scream, scream, time for you to die." Oh, yes. Nightfright. I remember that character. I initially agreed to be in it, but I had to pull out when the reality TV show came up.

Y/N: Time out. Read that again.

Shaggy: "Scream, scream, time for you to die."

Scooby: That's what that thing keeps saying.

Daphne: Nightfright. Same name of the monster in the script.

Velma: That's not all. I've been watching the footage of the creature the director gave me. Look at this.

They look and see Nightfright on a camera and try to break the door.

Van Ghoul: Nothing unusual about that. It's just trying to hit its mark for the camera. All actors do that.

Velma: Only, it's not an actor.

Fred: Well, gang, time to find out what we're dealing with. Hey, I can build a really cool trap out of all this stuff.

Van Ghoul: Trap? What are you talking about?

Daphne: We can't stay in here the rest of our lives. We have to capture it.

Van Ghoul: That's what the hero in horror films says right before the creature rips him to pieces. Absolutely not. I forbid it, and that's final.

Soon after, Fred moves the dresser as Shaggy and Scooby drag Van Ghoul to the door.

Van Ghoul: It'll never work. I'm too frightened.

Fred: That's just what it wants.

Daphne: It keeps telling us to scream. It wants us to be scared.

Velma: That's why you can't be. Confuse it. Act like there's nothing wrong.

Fred: Then lead it back here for the trap.

Van Ghoul: No. No. It'll never believe I'm not scared.

Shaggy: Mr. Van Ghoul, you are the best actor in the world. It will believe it.

Van Ghoul: Thank you, Scooby.

Shaggy: Shaggy.

Fred: Good luck.

He opens the doors, and they exit.

Van Ghoul: I feel another tinkle coming on.

Scooby: I think I already did.

Shaggy and Van Ghoul: Eww.

Nightfright lands in front of them.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright. Scream. Scream. Time for you to die!

Van Ghoul: You're a trained thespian, Vincent. Remember your craft. Oh, hello there. Nice to see you again. Don't mind us. We're just stretching our legs.

They walk past him as Nightfright is confused.

Van Ghoul: So, I told Mr. DeMille that if he wanted me to do the picture, then my part had to be rewritten.

Nightfright lands in front of them once again.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright.

Van Ghoul: Yes. So, you said. Excuse us.

They walk past him once again.

Van Ghoul: DeMille was furious with me. Did I care? No. I stuck to my guns.

Nightfright runs over to them.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright! Scream! Scream!

He knocks over a lamp, breaking it.

Van Ghoul: Oh, I'm going to have to charge you for that. What do you say we head back? Anyway, DeMille called my agent, threatened to fire me off the picture. Can you imagine?

Nightfright lands in front of them for a third time.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright!

Van Ghoul: Please, don't interrupt. It is rude. So, what did I do? I rewrote the whole thing myself. I took it into DeMille's office...

Nightfright walks towards them.

Nightfright: Can't you hear me?

Van Ghoul: Threw it on his desk...

Nightfright: I'm Nightfright!

Van Ghoul: And demanded he read it right then and there.

Nightfright: Scream. I said scream!

They enter the room where Fred, Velma, Daphne, and Y/N are waiting. Nightfright enters.

Nightfright: Scream!

Van Ghoul: Well, long story short, he thought it was brilliant.

Nightfright: I am Nightfright!

Van Ghoul: You again? Do me a favor. Stand right here, would you?

Van Ghoul moves him,

Van Ghoul: Perfect.

Fred pulls a lever, and the trap activates, and they capture Nightfright.

Fred: Got him!

Van Ghoul: Ohh! I've never been more frightened in my life. And I didn't tinkle. I held it like a man.

Shaggy: You were brilliant.

Daphne unmasked Nightfright and it was Argus.

Fred, Daphne, Velma and Y/N: The production assistant?

Van Ghoul: No, it's not. It's Argus Fentonpoof, the writer of "Scream, Scream, Time For You to Die."

Argus: I'm both. When you pulled out of the movie, they decided not to make it. I went bankrupt. I had to take a job as a production assistant.

Van Ghoul: But why have you done is?

Argus: Well, by scaring you and everyone watching on TV, I was going to prove that nightfright deserved his own horror movie. Right before you started filming, I hid my nightfright costume in a closet. I used the conduit to sneak in and put the costume on. I paid the other actors to pretend to be knocked out when I attacked. Of course, I couldn't let anyone know that I was Nightfright. I had to sneak out every now and then and get everyone coffee.

The police and the executive producer of Vincent Van Ghoul, Harry arrive.

Harry: Hold it right there. I'm Harry Shnesle-Boysen, the executive producer of this show. I've been watching the whole thing from my jacuzzi. I'm blown away. Not only is your reality show going to be a surefire hit, but I found your pathetic tale of lost dreams inspiring. It's gonna make a great movie.

Argus: A movie, about me? Really? Heh. Gee, uh, you know, none of this would have happened without you meddling kids. Thanks.

Sheriff: All right, let's go.

Argus: Bye, everyone! See you on the big screen in 10 to 20 years.

Y/N: Wow. Someone actually thanked us for once.

Van Ghoul: Well, all's well that ends well.

Daphne: Mr. Ghoul, could I ask you a favor?

Soon after the gang were together, and Daphne was eating nonstop.

Shaggy: Like, that's the first time Daphne's eaten more than us, huh, Scoob?

Scooby: Yeah. Hee, hee, hee, hee ,hee. She really pigged out.

Harry: You know, I've been thinkin'. How 'bout a TV show based around you kids' lives? You know, teenagers, they drive around in a van, build traps and solve mysteries, chase monsters and whatnots like that. Oh, that'd be a huge hit. We'd call it "Spooky Kids with a Dog."

Gang: Nah.

Harry: I guess you're right. Bad idea. Who the heck would watch that? Whoa!

They see the Mutant Bee and the person takes off his mask revealing Van Ghoul.

Van Ghoul: Did someone say, "dessert"?

He holds up cupcakes and laughs. Everyone else joins in. Meanwhile, Y/N's siblings were in the basement and on a board was a map of Crystal Cove and there were red lines connected to it and one the thumbtacks of the locations of the disk pieces that were found. On another board, were pictures of Y/N and his friends, Mayor Jones, the Darrow family, and Professor Pericles.

B/N: So, Y/N and his friend found one of the disk pieces.

S/N: So, we have one, and Y/N has one. The question is, where are the others...?

They stare at the board as beside them is a picture of them, Y/N, and their parents all smiling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 577 13
A/N: this will be a reboot of my original Scooby-Doo books from my original account, in case you all are wondering. Zoinks! Two years after a clash...
52.4K 848 26
Christine Emerson is a sixth member of the Mystery Inc. She's Shaggy Rogers girlfriend and the mystery gang breaks up, what would happen when they ha...
3.9K 26 8
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred, Daphne, Shaggy...
2.3K 33 12
Another story with me in it. That's basically how it's gonna be with my stories. In this timeline of SDMI, There are instead of five members in the m...