THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal

β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

630 7 0
By Alhexandria22

"Ryxel, today seems weird."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I don't feel it, Caramel. "

"Probably you're ignoring it." She shrugged," but that storm last night til just thirty minutes ago. Must we really be here? It's like the rain didn't want to stop so as to hinder us."

"Yes we must be here." He smiled.

"Not in your bed?" She gave him a side smile.

"Oh my-" he laughed.

"Good morning, Mr. Black." A woman walking towards them interjected. Ryxel simply nodded, "This way, sir." The lady directed. They followed, "she must stay." She added referring to Karmale.

"Ummm..." Ryxel scratched the back of his head.

"She must, sir. " the lady emphasised.

"Wait for me here, Karmale." Ryxel uneasily left with the other woman.

"Okay." She whispered to herself, "scratching the back of his head? That's new." Karmale mused, "Anyway,-"

"Miss, come with me." Her monologue was cut short by a guy. He was pale white with a cut through his left eyebrow. If one looked closely, he had nude makeup done. The eye shadow was mild yet catchy.

"I'm talking to you, darling." His hand went to Karmale's back.

"Excuse you!" She snapped.

"Don't give me the sass, honey. I was told to handle you well. Don't push me." He smiled extending another hand. His nails were painted, "Now come, sweetie. I've figured we would be the best of friends. "

"What the hell?" Her gaze wondered in confusion. 

"Come. " His smile was brief as he took her away. Karmale let him drag her as she stole one last glance in the direction in which Ryxel had gone with the other woman.  No one in sight. No saviour.

"She's pretty, Justin." A woman who presumably was a makeup artist whispered to the man who had brought in Karmale. 

"I know. Fit for the auction too." He whispered back. 

"Quite unlucky." They said in unison. 

"At least the others are auctioned off in the usual manner while she gets auctioned off just to please the guests-" Justin said.

"-And be retained by the boss." The lady added.

"Edwardo is sly." Justin chuckled.

"I know. It would rather be someone else but not him. He's such bad news."

"Get to work, Sarah. " Justin literally chased her out of a room in which he remained with Karmale only. 

"What's all this?" Karmale asked Justin.

"A janitor's closet, darling. " Justin was irritated.

"Sarcasm is not for everyone, you know?" Karmale smiled.

"And blindness is only for bats, sweetie." Justin smiled back, "Now sit. I've got to make you prettier and more appealing. "

"Don't you da-"Karmale tried to resist being pushed down into the chair.

"Please stop with the cliche threats. Just sit down and don't waste anyone's time." She sat with a huff.

"They didn't tell me you were this  irritating." Justin picked up a brush and dipped it in powder. Karmale slapped it away as it came in contact with her face.

"What's your name?" She looked up at an infuriated Justin.

"Justin." He gave her a fake smile.

"Okay, Justin, what's all this? And don't tell me the obvious. I can see it's a lady's dress up room and all that. I see the wigs and makeup so don't go there." She looked up at him.

"You're really annoying, lady." Justin stood akimbo.

"Talk! Or I'll pluck your septum out!"

"You wouldn't dare." Justin laughed.

"Don't waste anyone's time, Jussie." She mocked.

"Just sit and let's get this done with." He picked up another brush.

"You're going to tell me first," Karmale stood up from the chair. Her expression a stern one. Justin sighed in defeat.

"I've been given orders to doll you up and dress you up to look more appealing than you are right now. " he paused.

"What for?"

"I don't know." Justin lied, "I've kept my end of the bargain so now it's your turn. Sit. Time is precious, sweetie."

"Gloss only. " Karmale picked it up and applied it herself.

"That blonde wig is gorgeous." Justin suggested.

"No thanks. " she smiled, "what now?"

"Another outfit." Justin handed her a silk skimpy sleeveless wine red dress.

"That's too revealing. What's the occasion, Justin?" She narrowed her brows. 

"No clue but if it will help us save  some time then Mr. Black wants you dressed up, real good."

"I'm not buying that." She was walking towards the door.

"Okay if you don't like that one we can always get another. " Justin hastily checked through the dresses lined up on a stand. There is no way he was going to let her go out in a sweater and jeans.

"This." He lifted up a silk blue dress that went till mid calf but with slits that run upwards till the waist line.

"Hell no!" She turned to leave again.

"No! No! Okay this!" He handed her a black one with long sleeves but short still. It drew till slightly above the knees. Karmale looked around and that was the most decent dress available.

"The back part?" She asked and Justin hesitated. 

"It's open back." He said, "but your hair will be covering.  I mean it's long."

"Just bring. " Karmale changed from behind the stand of clothes as Justin looked away.

"The shoes? You need stilettos."

"I've changed enough. If i have to change the shoes too then I might as well change back to my clothes."

"The boots-"

"Are fine." She completed for him.

"Fine. Let me hold up your hair."

"What did you say earlier, Justin?"

"It's too long. It's obstracting the view."

"Why are you so much about skin?" Karmale asked with a tired sigh.

"I only care for the fashion of the dress. You are killing it."

"Whatever. Let's go already. " Karmale refused. 

"This way." Justin led her out.

***

"Edwardo."

"Don't think about backing out, Black. I won't allow it."

"I'm not seeking permission." Ryxel said, "I'm taking my woman and leaving. "Ryxel made for the door.

"Hold on, Black. Let's go together.  I want to see how you do it." Edwardo smirked.

"Fuck!" Ryxel growled in frustration. He grabbed the door knob only to hit back the door with a force.

"I advise that you calm down and  wait till we are called for attendance. Otherwise Black, come and I tell you how I'm going to take care of her." Ryxel pressed on the knob, "Calm down, Black. First of all, you're out numbered. The best part; I call the shots here. You don't want Caramel swimming in a pool of blood." He paused to smile, "sit down, friend. Grab a glass. Celebrate with me."

"You cannot protect her like I do, Edwardo. I'm withdrawing."

"I explained that already. She's my top priority now, Black. You need not worry." Edwardo poured them both drinks. 

"This is wrong." Ryxel helplessly mused to himself.

"Black," Edwardo called, "don't think about sabotaging this. You know very well what Edwardo Risso is." Edwardo growled in his ear.

**

Later that evening.

The room was an enormous one. The decor had been kept to simple and dull colours. At the end of the room, stood a huge table that had a few gents and ladies in suits. They were definitely Edwardo's people. At the entrance, the delegates came in each with a female escort. The escort held a tray that had their bidder numbers. They also led them were to sit.

The chairs were arranged in rows and columns. Ryxel sat in the middle row and kept his gaze  on the stage above. Other delegates sat elsewhere and they started to talk to one another.

"Good evening esteemed delegates." A lady in official outfit  greeted, "once again, like every other year, we are here for the lucrative auction and show. All gratitude to the formidable Edwardo Risso." Everyone clapped, "let the highest bidder call the shots tonight." The clapping was louder this time. But one man didn't clap, Ryxel Black, for he was not an eligible bidder this time. He was a mere spectator.

The event started off with auctioning a few items. Meanwhile, back stage, the ladies were being paraded and grouped in fives.

"I've still not understood why we are here, Justin." Karmale said.

"Just line up, sweetie. You'll soon find out. " he fixed her between two girls who seemed anxious but excited.

"Hi!" They beamed at her. She smiled back briefly and focused back on Justin.

"Where are you going, mister?"

"Stay right there. I'm coming back. " Justin advised, "Sarah, come and be with her-"

"No, let me come with you." They had been together the whole day and Karmale had become a bit too comfortable. She also somehow believed she would rely on him. Justin himself was by her side the whole time. He was merely following instructions though. 

"No, Sarah, stay with her." Justin called without looking back. Fortunately or unfortunately, Sarah was far away at the front, buried in a mild conflict that had broken out at the front. She was trying so hard to resolve it immediately because the ladies were next on stage. 

Karmale took the opportunity to follow Justin.

"No! I cannot be lining up for this." Was all Justin had from behind him. He had gone to the events side to talk to someone. 

"Oh shit!" He cursed.

"Come with me," he grabbed Karmale who had just spotted Ryxel and was about to dash to him. She made an attempt to scream but Justin had already covered her mouth with his palm. He dragged her to the ladies' dress room.

"Justin-" her chest was falling and rising rapidly.

"I didn't get your name by the way-" Justin was scared for her condition. She seemed too upset.

"Does it matter?" She asked and Justin went silent, "I am not going to participate in this nonsense." Karmale said with a determination.

"I am sorry, darling but you have no option." Justin was not being the mean him. He was simply being real.

"I am going to flee, darling and you are going to let me. "

"I cannot do that. I am under strict formidable instructions."

"These mafia men think they can do as they please." Karmale hissed angrily, "Who's instructions, Justin?" Karmale held his gaze. Justin looked away for the first time that day. 

"Mr. Black's. " he lied.

"Ryxel would never sell me off."

"Why don't we find out, babes?"

"I'm not waiting to find out. I am leaving. And you are going to help me out."

"I cannot do that. " Justin refused. 

"Fine." Karmale turned away, "Do my makeup. Do something dark."

"You sure?"

"Positive. After all it's what Ryxel wants." She was speaking with resentment now. Justin remained  standing.

"Time is precious, Justin."

"Right. " Justin sadly smiled, "please sit. " she complied and when Justin was done with her, she was the perfect doll. 

"The red lipstick. " she said. Justin sighed and passed it to her. She applied it, "I'm going to change to the red dress. Face the other way." Justin obliged. She took off her boots to and put on higher heels.

"How do I look?" She smirked.

"Dangerously hot." Justin said with a genuine smile and they both laughed.

"I am looking for appealing, Justin." She picked up a brush and passed it all over her chest to highlight her cleavage.

"Appealing?"

"Tremendously appealing. Sickly. Those men are going to be gawking."

"That's the aim. Thank you, Justin."

"Welcome...?" He was asking for her name.

"Hmmn. I know you know my name, Justin. Don't even." They both laughed.

"Not really.  All I know is that you are Ryxel's Caramel."

"I must be." She said sarcastically.

"Shall we?" Justin gave her his arm.

"Please." She took his arm.

Meanwhile all the other ladies have been auctioned off but Karmale is nowhere to be seen. Ryxel shifts uneasily in his chair. Edwardo is equally anxious as he eyes Ryxel. Could Ryxel have done something?

"Justin, where is my lady?" Edwardo speaks through the phone.

"On our way, boss."

"I want appealing when i set eyes  on her."

"It's what you're going to get, boss."

"It better be that, Justin." He hang up.

As soon as he hang up, Karmale got on the stage with two other girls.

"I like what I see." Edwardo was pleased, "my guests must like it too."

"Justin, ask the two ladies to step back."

"Of course, boss." Justin went and whispered something to the lady on the microphone. 

"The two ladies are-"

"Taken!" A delegate raised his bidder number, "let's save time for the one in the middle. We are ready to give all currencies for her."

Everyone seemed to aknowledge in whispers of excitement. 

A few moments later...

The auction for Karmale had gone as far as 636,575,000USD.

Almost every delegate had risen for her in the first round and second and third. Edwardo sent them text messages to withdraw and let only one of them run the race. That one had been joined by Ryxel by round four itself and now they had come as far as 500m.

"600!" The other delegate said. 

"700!" Ryxel said.

"800!" The other guy said. Ryxel knew he wasn't going to give up. But he was not yet to give up either. Even if Edwardo had told him not to, he could not refrain.  Edwardo sat quietly enjoying the scene. He knew even if Ryxel gave his life, he wouldn't go back home with Karmale.

"900!" Ryxel shot up.

"900 we have a buyer," the lady holding the microphone spoke. At that moment, Ryxel locked eyes with Karmale. She struggled so hard to look okay and smile but she could not.

"Who's instructions, Justin?"

"Mr. Black." The words were fresh in her head. She looked at him; her gaze unwavering just like his.

"It was a betrayal." Her mind rung. She swore he could do anything to her but just not this. This was too disgraceful for words.

They held each others eyes with unsaid emotions and of course conflict. By the time Ryxel broke away, Karmale was no longer his.

"10,000!" His opponent had said.

"10,000-1! 10,000-2! 10,000-3!" The lady had asked and no one had responded. Everyone was looking at Ryxel who had been the most intrigued bidder but his focus was elsewhere. 

"We have a buyer! Slyvester Connor!" Everyone clapped and that's when Ryxel regained himself. 

"Blank cheque!" Was his desperate pledge but he was late. She was Connor's now or Edwardo's. Obviously, Edwardo's. 

"Justin, take me away from here." Karmale said when she locked gazes with Ryxel again. Hers was a wet one.

"Come, dearest." Justin led her away. The auction ended with Edwardo giving a speech and his mates congratulating him upon the grand event among other things. 

Justin and Karmale were out in the backyard gardens.  She was sitted on a bench and he was smoking a cigarette. 

"Have this." He gave her his coat, "I'm warm enough. " he showed her the cigarette.

"Thanks. " she smiled and her thoughts wondered away. Justin's  phone rang and she shifted a little.

"Yes, boss."

"Bring her to the car. Let's go home."

"Immediately, boss."

"Let's go,...?"

"When will you stop pretending not to know my name, Justin. " Karmale rolled her eyes.

"Just come already. Tick Tock! The clock, missie."

"I'm up. These shoes are killing me though."

"Let's grab your boots on our way." Justin sympathetically said.

"Yes please."

Karmale was entering Edwardo's car when she felt a strong gaze piercing through her body. When she looked up. It was Ryxel at a distance. He was sitted in his car. He wanted so much to reach out and talk to her, touch her, apologize, just to communicate but Edwardo had forbidden it all. All he could do was watch from afar.

Karmale entered the car and Justin followed after her. The car drove off leaving a liquid behind.  The fuel tank was leaking and that too heavily.

"You'll be fine, babes." Justin comforted Karmale.

"I know." She smiled.

Justin turned to the window and dropped his cigar butt just as they went round the corner.  Immediately the SUV, blew up in huge flames.

Ryxel only had a loud bang of something where he was. He drove in the same direction. He found the car in which they left. It has presumably hit the wall and now it was almost ash. She was gone. Caramel was gone for real this time.

"No! No! No! Shit! Hell No!" He cursed. 

"No! Caramel!" He walked to the car not caring for the fire.  Like a mad man, he was looking for her. Then he heard sirens. It was the police and other colleagues. By the time they pulled him away, he had enough blisters and cuts. A police officer asked the first aiders to assist Ryxel but Ryxel declined and walked away. 

He motionlessly sat in his car at the other side of the street.

"Carmel."  He spoke after sometime, "my Caramel." And then tears rolled down his eyes inevitably. Tears of anger, regret and agony. He reversed his car so as to leave the scene of the dreadful accident.

"He had betrayed her." His mind announced,

Ryxel drove silently and took a short cut off the main road. It was empty till all over a sudden a speeding car with bright lights almost crushed into him. He dodged it successfully only to hit a tree. He was unconscious for a minute or two.

"Blinding lights. " he awoke.

"Blinding lights. That was the penalty for betrayal."

He hit the road again with a heavy head. In his mind, there were multiple colours. They were  clashing and colliding. But he was trapped between that chaos.

"Hey!" Someone on the road shouted at Ryxel. He had almost collided with him for his reckless driving. If the road had not been somewhat empty, he would have knocked already. 

All over a sudden, Ryxel started to hear the hooting of a honk. It started to intensify and multiply. Then there were indecisive traffic lights too in his vision. One moment they blinked red and in a spilt second, they blinked green, then orange. In his head, the conflict was on repeat.  For the indecision, he heavily bumped into another car and wound up in a nearby forest.

"Caramel. "  he whispered and then collapsed on his wheel.

"Please I need some help here." The police had come after approximately fifteen minutes. 

"Captain!" One officer called.

"Yes, Ronnie." A man with a grey afro responded.

"He is not breathing, captain."

"What do you mean, Ronnie?"

"The man is dead, captain."

"Noted, Ronnie. I'm still talking to some witnesses. Please handle that for me so long. Otherwise it's  a shame."

"Of course, captain. 

*

At the police station...

Early the next morning...in an interrogation room.

"Miss, did you or did you not plot to kill, Ryxel Black?" An officer asked gruffly.

"No, I did not. " the female voice quivered. It's like as if she had been crying.

"Look, miss lying is not going to-"

"I said I did not kill Ryxel Black, okay, officer?" She snapped, "I did not."

"Then explain why he-"

"I will only say more in the presence of a lawyer." She interjected.

"She knows her rights." The officer left.

Of course. It was Karmale after all.

"You cannot be dead, Ryxel. That's so unfair." Karmale whispered. She turned her back to the bars of her cell and cried.

"It cannot be the end, Ryxel. It cannot. You don't get to call the shots all the time." Her thoughts screamed.

***

The end...?

Thanks for reading THE MAFIA'S LAWYER!

That was the final chapter. It's officially a complete book! I'll be partially rewriting some parts alongside editing.

Thanks for bearing with the so slow updates and grammatical errors especially @Fvbusinessfvbusiness 😂❤

Thanks for the 44K reads too🤗

(31/12/23)

Love, Author!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.6K 21
β€’ Seventeen year old, Lily Knight, daughter of one of the most feared men in America has been training most her life in order to take over her father...
1.5M 130K 62
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...
1.6M 26K 53
While out clubbing Nala met this tall sexy stranger named Lorenzo Ferrari. Little did she know she didn't know what she was getting herself into when...
68.9K 1.4K 33
"Easy," he hushed in a soft voice. His lips brushed against my ear and his breath fanned the side of my face. "Stop fighting. It'll be over soon."...