The Scholar and the Star

By chronicimmunity

Skyler Collins pretends to date his friend Mitch to dodge another blind date set up by his meddling mother, b... More

Season List for The Scholar and the Star
Ch 1: Skyler
Ch 2: Mitch
Ch 3: Skyler
Ch 4: Mitch
Ch 5: Mitch
Ch 6: Skyler
Ch. 7: Mitch
Ch. 8: Skyler
Ch. 10: Mitch
Ch. 11: Skyler
Ch. 12: Skyler
Ch. 13: Mitch
Ch. 14: Skyler
Ch. 15: Skyler
Ch. 16: Mitch
Ch. 17: Skyler
Ch. 18: Mitch
Ch. 19: Mitch
Ch. 20: Skyler
Ch. 21: Mitch
Ch. 22: Skyler
Ch. 23: Mitch
Ch. 24: Skyler
Ch. 25: Mitch
Ch. 26: Skyler
Ch. 27: Mitch
Ch. 28: Skyler
Ch. 29: Mitch
Ch. 30: Skyler

Ch. 9: Mitch

837 36 0
By chronicimmunity

"He's late," Becca murmurs, forcing the words around her artificial smile. A small kid sits in her lap, clapping along with the music. Several small bodies clamber over me while sitting cross-leg beside Becca on the floor. The volunteer DJ plays a lively rendition of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."

Around us, the hospital's cafeteria has been transformed for this children's event. Half the tables have been turned into arts and crafts stations where nurses, parents, and volunteers help guide kids of all ages and abilities. Cafeteria workers are starting to set up brunch for everyone.

"We didn't give him a lot of notice," I grin back at her. My eyes drift over to the far wall, and the row of photographers lined up against it. Reporters were invited to record the event but asked not to interfere with the child participants.

The fun already started a little while ago. The pediatric patients and their families have all been invited to join today, with activities planned into the afternoon. After food is served, a small ceremony is scheduled with the hospital's chairpersons as they thank some of the more generous donors.

And that includes me, as of yesterday. It's good publicity no matter what, but I need the punch that having Skyler beside me will give.

Becca elbows me with a nod to the double doors. A tall figure clutching an armful of bouquets is standing awkwardly just inside. Those muscular arms wrapped around the colorful flowers and cellophane are unmistakable.

I stand and untangle myself from the little dancers. As I walk to greet Skyler, a line of people starts to file in, each with an armful of bright and colorful arrangements. A volunteer quickly intercepts them and guides them to one of the tables.

"Wow, these look great." Reaching Skyler, I take half his bundles. "Let me help."

Behind the flowers, Skyler is dressed sharper than usual, with a matching suit jacket and cleanly knotted tie. His crisp look is jarred by the circles under his eyes.

"I'm sorry for getting here a little late." Skyler tilts his head down to me to be heard over the room's noise. He takes in the chaos as he tugs at his shirt collar. "Did I miss anything?"

"No worries. I'm sorry that I'm taking you away from work today."

Skyler shrugs my concern off nervously. "My TA can handle the morning, but I have to return for the afternoon."

"Well, I appreciate you being here, and you did a great job with the flowers."

"That's because of Eric, my brother." Skyler scans the others, pointing to the last man to enter. Wearing a stylish and expensive suit, the man saunters over, carrying a small bouquet. There is somewhat of a resemblance to Skyler but with a more petite, slender frame.

"Hi," I hold my hand out as he joins us. "Mitch Wild. Thank you for helping."

"Eric Collins. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He shakes my hand, and pulls a pink carnation out of the flowers he carries and holds it out to me. "You've been creating a lot of excitement in my family."

I raise my hand, but Skyler beats me to it, plucking the flower from his brother's hand. Skyler shifts the rest of his flowers into Eric's arm before sticking the carnation back in randomly. "Go. Take these and be useful."

"Fine, put me to work. I'll see you around," Eric obediently takes his leave.

"Sorry, I was with my brother when Becca called, and he kind of took over." Skyler lowers his voice and whispers. "He's happy to help, not just this but with the plan."

"Good to know," I whisper back.

"What's with all the flowers anyway?" Skyler asks.

"Some kids will get to take them around to patients' rooms later. Becca volunteered you because she thought it would look better if you participated instead of just being here with me."

"Where did this event come from?" Skyler waves his hand around vaguely. "I mean, I thought we were just escorting each other on dates?"

"I know, it's a little spur of the moment. I was actually inspired by your mother."

Skyler's eyes widen, blinking at me. "You were inspired by my mother?"

I take a few steps to the side so Skyler can see the line of reporters. Motioning upward, I direct his gaze to the large banner hanging across several of the cafeteria's large windows.

Children's Day at Southern California General

The largest sponsor logo is Collins Hospitality.

"I took a page from your mother's book and looked into what else your family sponsors. It happened that this celebration was already planned for today. The hospital organizers were excited to have us come join the event.

Becca comes hurrying over. "Glad you could make it, Skyler." She takes the flowers off my hands. "Go get us some good publicity shots," she says before leaving us on our own.

"She wants us to talk to the reporters," I inform Skyler. "Then they'll take photos of us playing with the kids and other volunteers."

Skyler pales. "We as in with me? Right now?" His voice gets weaker.

I slide my hand around his, entwining my fingers around his much colder ones. "It's going to be okay. I'll be with you the entire time." I take a step forward, but Skyler doesn't budge.

"What do I do?"

"They'll ask a lot of questions. They should mostly be about the hospital, but there will be some relationship rumors to confirm. If you don't know how to answer anything, just look at me, and I'll handle it. Okay?" I give him my most encouraging smile.

It's enough to get his feet moving and in front of the reporters. I answer most of the questions, while Skyler gives some yes or no answers.

After a while, Becca comes and directs us to join in with some of the crafts. I talk with the kids while taking pictures and signing autographs. Skyler relaxes more with an activity to focus on and joins in with the kids. They find him funny, towering over them while delicately holding small crayons.

Brunch is served, and the formal ceremony begins. After, there's a photo op with the hospital's board members. Skyler stays strong and silent through it all, his casual and calm manner impressing me.

Until Skyler leans close during the photos and whispers, "If I see one more camera in my face, I think I'm going to throw up."

I signal Becca to take over and wrap things up with the media before leaving with Skyler. I lead him to a room several hallways away.

"The hospital let us use an empty room to keep our things in," I explain, ushering him in.

Skyler sits on the bed and rolls his shoulders, rubbing a hand along the back of his neck. "Is it always like this?"

"Like this?"

Skyler flies to his feet again, pacing the sparse room. "The cameras shoved in your face. All the people. Always someone talking or moving. So much smiling."

Crossing my arms, I prop myself against the wall and watch his tightly circled path. "I'm an actor. That's pretty much the whole thing."

He lets out a huff. He stops to stare at me. "It's so much."

"Come here." I walk towards him, taking him by the shoulders and bringing him back to sit on the bed. I squeeze his shoulders, massaging them. "You'll get used to it."

Skyler buries his face in his hand, his shoulders rise beneath my hands with each deep breath he takes. My hands make their way down his arms, continuing to rub and massage the tense muscles.

"Do you want me to get you one of those backless gowns to change into? You can get some rest."

Skyler gives a small laugh but watches me as my hands wander over him. When I press them to his chest, he asks, "What are you doing?"

"Mmm, you look tired. I just want to help you relax. You came through today, and I hate seeing you so worn out." My hands press a little more over his pecs, feeling the tight muscles. "I could even give you a full body massage. To help you relax."

Skyler grabs my wrists, stopping me from moving any lower. "We're in a hospital room!"

"No one will come in here."

His warm hands hold mine tight, but I can still reach out and trace one finger along the edge of his tie. "Or, if it would help, I could be the one to put on the backless gown."

Shutting his eyes briefly, he warns, "You need to behave." Despite his words, his grip on me relaxes. I slide my hands back up over his chest, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and bringing our faces close.

"I can assure you," I tilt my head to graze his lips with mine. "It will be more enjoyable if I don't behave."

Sensing the excitement coming off his body, I press my lips more firmly, enjoying the gliding sensation. Slowly, Skyler responds to me, letting go of himself to return my kiss, delving in to taste me.

He wraps his hands around my arms, pulling me closer to his chest and standing. He reverses our positions, pushing me to sit on the bed as he leans over me.

His hands move to my face, cupping my chin and angling my mouth for a better assault. His breath comes faster, keeping pace with mine. His skin grows warmer, heating me through.

Placing his forehead against mine, Skyler pulls back enough to say, "You have me feeling crazy."

"Let's see how crazy we can be together." I smile up at him before reaching for a kiss. Our mouths meet each other halfway. My hands explore under his jacket, running up his back, the muscles reacting to my touch. He traces his hands up and down my sides, his thumbs circling and massaging.

Skyler breaks the kiss and pulls back. Hesitating, he starts to speak. "Um, actually..."

"What is it?" My body freezes underneath him, not daring to move.

"There's always been something that I wanted to try." Skyler moves his body lower, shoving my shirt up as he trails kisses on my stomach. His hand reaches for my belt, a click and then the slide of leather as it's undone.

"Yeah?" I prop myself up on my elbows, watching him. His knuckles press against my skin as he unbuttons my fly, leaving a tight, hot feeling. The slide of the zipper releases some of the pressure, the fabric of my underwear bulging into the gap.

Skyler's chest presses against my legs, one hand still resting against my abdomen. He looks at me with intense eyes. "Can I...taste you?"

I manage to nod several times before I get any words out. "Absolutely, yes. Please."

The corners of Skyler's mouth curve up before he goes back to spreading my pants and tugging them lower. I lift my hips and help get them down to my thighs.

Skyler's strong fingers hook the waistband of my boxers. As he pulls them off, they strain for just a second over my hard ridge before releasing. Skyler's eyes widen slightly as my hardened cock springs in front of him.

He swallows harshly. His eyes look in mine, growing even darker. His tongue darts out to lick his lips. He uses his hand at first, running his fingertips down my shaft, giving an amazing sensation. He wraps his fingers around my cock, one by one, and the gentle pressure makes me squirm.

Skyler ducks his head and slowly runs the tip of his tongue against the head of my cock. He retraces the path again, the flat of his tongue pressing harder. It swirls around the head, dipping in the hole.

"Jesus," my head falls back. His tempo is driving me insane. I bite my lip to stay quiet, letting Skyler explore his first time as much as he wants. Even if it kills me.

Skyler's hot breath rushes across my sensitive tip, raising goosebumps throughout the heat of my skin. His tongue reaches out again, curling around, and I feel his lips on me. My muscles clench to keep from pushing higher against him.

Skyler slides his closed mouth along me. His clever tongue slides out again, stocking, and then the heat of his mouth closes around me. My hips jerk uncontrollably, and my head snaps back upright, taking in Skyler's dark hair falling forward, eyes closed, enjoyment on his face.

He moves leisurely, taking in more of the tip, then slides back up. His tongue laps out, stroking, before he takes me in his mouth again. Gradually, he takes in more of me each time.

Skyler opens his eyes. As we watch each other, his mouth tightens as he sucks. My teeth snap together, the pressure is sending a spiral of pleasure through me. He lifts his head, releasing me. His chest rises rapidly. "Is it good?"

Nodding, I breathe out shakily. "Yes. Yes, it's amazing."

Skyler lets out a growl of approval before returning his attention. With more confidence, he takes me in his hot mouth again, sucking as he moves down. Then slides up and back down with rapid movements.

I fall back onto the bed, my head hanging off the other side. My hips can't help but rise with every stroke. I cover my heated face with my hands. Skyler continues, setting up a rhythm. Shit, I'm going to cum from this.

"Sky-Skyler." I choke out from behind my fingers. He slows but only repositions himself. His hands grip around my hips, holding them in place as his mouth moves up and down my cock freely.

"Wait a second." With one hand, I reach out blindly, touching his shoulder. He freezes in place. Slowly uncovering my face, I look down. My cock is making a bulge in his cheek. "Shit. I'm-uh, I'm really close."

For a moment, Skyler watches me. Holding my gaze, his cheeks tighten on me, and he resumes pushing his pace faster.

"Ahhh," I let out my moan, relaxing into the sensations. My hips tremble in his grasp as he drags my orgasm out of me.

My body shakes as my fingers scramble to clench on the mattress. A bolt of pleasure fires through me entirely, draining everything. The blood pounds loudly in my ears.

As it slowly fades, my senses return to me. Opening my eyes, I drift my focus back to Skyler. His body is tight and coiled above mine. His eyes are half-open, appearing nearly black as he watches me.

My arms are weightless, but I have the strength to reach up, pulling him down and kissing him. He's already swallowed.

"Thank you," my voice rasps against his lips. "That was fantastic."

His hands wrap around me, his kiss harsh and urgent. Then he pulls away when I want to get closer. "Wait, wait," he says.

Footsteps run past out in the hall, and the voices of the nurses bring me back to earth. Judging by Skyler's face, he, too, was swept away. But now he's back under control.

He helps me sit up before turning his back and taking a few steps away while I fasten my clothes. He looks shy but still has a raging boner to subdue.

"I got a list from Eric." Skyler clears his throat and calls over his shoulder. "Of events Mother is involved in."

"That's great. If you can give it to Becca, she'll work them into my schedule."

"The next one is Friday."

"In two days?" That doesn't give me much time to prepare. "Does your mother know I'll be coming?"

"Not yet," Skyler says, still talking with his back turned.

A smile spreads across my face. "Good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549K 8.8K 53
Mia Thompson. She's a freshman at Duke University. Since her father's life makes her sorta famous... so she's had fake friends, media attention, but...
136K 6.6K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
190K 13.3K 48
"Hey, I'm Kyler", he said forwarding his hand towards me. "I heard it when you introduced yourself", I replied. I hide my face by my hoodie a bit mor...