Blood Moon { OC X Touhou Proj...

By Moopo123

a high schooler gets into a truck accident and wakes up later to see several eyes in space staring at him, he... More

Chapter 0 - Where it Begins
Chapter 1 - The Shrine
Chapter 3 - Scarlet Devil Mansion
Chapter 4 - Danmaku
Chapter 5 - A Visit to the Witch
Chapter 6 - Imperishable Night ( part 1 )
Chapter 7 - Imperishable Night ( part 2 )
Chapter 8 - Oni and familiars
Chapter 9 - Youkai Mountain
Chapter 10 - Crimson Covenant Cult

Chapter 2 - Encounters

291 8 1
By Moopo123

PoV Hanzo.

The road to the Scarlet Devil Mansion stretched before me. Moonlight bathed the landscape, casting ethereal shadows that danced along the sides of the road. I continued my journey.

In the distance, I noticed a subtle shift in the atmosphere. The air grew colder, and a soft hum reverberated through the surroundings.

The tranquility of the night was soon shattered by a giggle that echoed through the trees. I tensed, my senses alert as I scanned the surroundings. A figure emerged from the shadows, revealing a girl with flowing blue hair and a blue dress.

???: Well, well, what do we have here?

The girl's eyes sparkled with an icy glow as she floated in the air, surrounded by an aura of icy elegance.

Hanzo: Who... or what are you?

Cirno: Cirno, the strongest! Don't forget it!

Cirno, self-proclaimed as the strongest, struck a pose. It seemed more comical than intimidating.

Hanzo: Cirno, huh? I'm Hanzo, nice to meet you.

Cirno: Hanzo, eh? I have never heard of you.

Deciding that I didn't want anyone to know that I am an outsider I decided to make up a lie.

Hanzo: Well, I uh, I just hadn't been outside of my shelter much. So, it is not a surprise if no one knows me here.

Cirno: I see, what are you doing here then?

Hanzo: I'm heading to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Cirno's expression shifted to one of curiosity.

Cirno: Scarlet Devil Mansion? What business do you have there?

Hanzo: Just looking for some answers and maybe a place to stay.

Cirno pondered this for a moment, then grinned mischievously.

Cirno: If you want to get to the mansion, you'll have to go through me first!

Hanzo: Huh? Why? Is this some kind of test?

Cirno: Test? Nah, just a little fun. I'll show you how strong I am!

Without warning, Cirno conjured a flurry of ice shards, sending them hurtling towards me. I dodged instinctively, the cold breeze from the projectiles brushing against my skin. It seemed Cirno was serious about proving her strength.

As the confrontation unfolded, I realized something crucial—I didn't know how to fight or conjure attacks like the fairy. The intricate dance of bullets and patterns was foreign to me; I could only dodge her attacks with no way of fighting back.

Cirno: You're pretty nimble. But can you keep up?

Hanzo: I'm doing my best here!

The exchange continued, with the moonlit night witnessing the clash between an outsider and the self-proclaimed strongest fairy. Cirno's icy attacks intensified, creating a dazzling display of frozen beauty against the dark canvas of Gensokyo.

Despite the odds, I managed to hold my own through sheer determination and a bit of luck. 

Cirno, for all her boastfulness, seemed to enjoy the challenge.

Cirno: Not bad, you're tougher than I thought.

Hanzo: Thanks, Cirno. That was... something.

Cirno: Heh, you're not like the usual youkai I encounter. Most of them run away or scream for mercy.

Hanzo: I will take that as a compliment.

Cirno stopped attacking and hovered closer.

Cirno: You're weird, but you're okay. If you're going to the mansion, keep going down this path.

Hanzo: Thanks for the guidance, Cirno.

Cirno: No problem! If you ever want a rematch, just let me know, and my strongest self will humor you.

With that, Cirno darted off into the night sky, leaving me to continue down the path, the night's enchantment deepened, and the road beckoned me forward.

As I treaded the path, a swift presence closed in on me, accelerating with every moment. Instinctively, I ducked as a dark ball shot past me, colliding with a tree.

???: Ow...

The darkness dispersed, revealing a small girl with short blonde hair and red eyes. She wore a black vest and skirt, a white blouse with a red tie bordered by two large red beads around her neck.

Hanzo: Are you alright?

The little girl shook her head, looking up at me.

???: Who are you, mister?

Hanzo: Name's Hanzo. And you?

Rumia: Rumia. Have you seen a human here?

Hanzo: No, I haven't.

Rumia: Strange. I thought an outsider entered here.

My vampire-like appearance seemed to confuse her. From what I gathered from the shrine maiden, only humans were brought from the outside. Good thing I am a half-youkai.

Rumia: Hunting humans is a pain, but I am hungry.

Hanzo: Life must be tough for you, huh?

Rumia nodded in confirmation.

Considering I hadn't eaten since my arrival, my stomach growled, emphasizing the need for food. I glanced at Rumia, who was dusting off her clothes.

Hanzo: Is there a place around here where we can get food?

Rumia: Well, there's this misty lake, though I am never able to catch anything in it.

Hanzo: Lead the way. I think I'll be able to fish us something to eat.

Rumia: Alright, follow me!

She led the way through the serene night, the rustling leaves, and occasional hooting of distant owls accompanying our journey. As we approached the misty lake, the air became denser, and an eerie fog enveloped the surroundings.

Rumia: Here we are. The misty lake. Good luck catching anything; I've never managed it.

Hanzo: Well, let's see what luck has in store for us.

I crouched by the edge of the lake, peering into the mist. The water's surface seemed to shimmer with a low glow. I made a makeshift fishing rod from nearby branches and a piece of string.

As I cast the line into the mist-covered water and waited... After a few minutes, my makeshift rod twitched, and excitement surged through me.

Hanzo: Looks like we might get lucky after all.

Rumia watched with wide eyes as I pulled out a curious-looking fish; I started to wonder if this is edible; after all, this is the first time I have seen this type of fish.

Rumia: Whoa, you actually caught something! I've never seen anyone do that here.

Hanzo: It seems luck is on our side tonight.

An hour later, I managed to fish out two more, deciding that three fishes will be good enough. I started a small fire by the lake, cooking the fish, and enjoying a makeshift meal. As we sat beside the crackling flames, Rumia spoke.

Rumia: I haven't seen you before; are you from around here?

Hanzo: No, I am uh.. I used to live inside a small shelter and never came out much, so it is normal if you haven't seen me yet.

Rumia: Hmm... Okay.

Well, that was easy; Rumia didn't ponder my answer for long, perhaps she cared more about filling her hungry stomach than questioning a new figure, good for me, I suppose.

Eventually, dawn began to break, and Rumia had to leave as she did not enjoy being out in the sunlight.

As the first rays of sunlight touched the landscape, I began to feel weird. I looked at my reflection in the water surface to realize that I returned to my normal form again; it seems that my vampire-half only appears during the night. Ok cool, I guess.

Continuing my journey, I headed toward the Scarlet Devil Mansion, the road beckoning me forward as the sun continued its ascent. I could see the mansion's structure indicating that I am getting closer.

.

.

.

meepo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862 25 5
(First time doing sole Touhou story, and not a crossover. So may not be good) A Yokai of unknown origin and a mysterious past appears, in search for...
9.9K 198 10
Reimu Hakurei, a human in a strange world full of extremely powerful humanoid creatures named Youkai, finds herself alone at the shrine of Hakurei, t...
46.7K 644 56
Kouta having a long summer vacation break and he will going all alone to Gensokyo to explored around that place but the first time all youkai girls a...
597 50 11
What happens when Yuki's adoptive sister, Yumi Cross, attends the night class and is the only human in said class? A new student named Matsuki Ashiyo...