PAW Patrol: Fragile Futures

By Superfan2600

DISCLAIMER: I ASKED PERMISSION FROM MUSICALMUTT2 ON DEVIANTART TO HAVE TUNDRA AND HER KIDS IN MY STORY. ASK H... More

Chapter 1: The Future
Chapter 2: The Now
Chapter 3: The Victorious
Chapter 4: The Rescue Begins
Chapter 5: The Observatory
Chapter 6: The Incident
Chapter 7: The Indestructible Hope
Chapter 8: The Tale Romeo and Howliet
Chapter 10: Multiversial Massacre in Motion
Chapter 11: World War Zuma
Chapter 12: 2033
Chapter 13: Back to the err... um... Chase's past?
Chapter 14: The Ending Part 1 (with a plot twist)
Chapter 15: The Ending Part 2

Chapter 9: A Couple of Pups in King Arthur's Court

59 1 0
By Superfan2600

Junior and Winter's portal opens in a forest clearing. The portal closes and Junior is internally overjoyed. But he can:t help it.

Junior: Man, I can't believe we are in the time of knights, dragons, wizards, magic, dwarves, orcs, elves, and goblins! I feel like it's the movie Willow had a baby with Lord of the Rings and it is gre- (gets interrupted by an irritated Aurora, who covers his mouth until she speaks).

Aurora: Look, Junior. I'm glad you go all fanboy mode here, but I think we should focus on finding Au-Aun- Liberty. Darn, it's so hard to say their names without Aunt or Uncle.

Junior: (chuckles) I understand. Okay, how do we get outta here?

Then they hear a Bugle blow and seven horses race to the forest clearing, pointing glaives at the two pups. The pups stand frozen, trying not to make a move. The six out of seven of the horse-riding knights circle around the pups and lowering their weapons, pointing at the pups. The seventh knight came in. He looks like he's a knight of extreme importance. Like Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit important. He looks important for he wears armor with rims etched in gold. 12 diamonds are on the centerpiece of the chest plate in the form of a circle and a sword in the middle. That's their symbol. The important knight gets off and walks dramatically around the circle his men have made. He then starts interrogating the pups.

Lead Knight: Who has dared to show their faces in the land of the great Camelot, King Arthur's lands? (Junior looks up like a fanboy, thinking "King Arthur's real?!") Who so dares to walk on these grounds? Who dares practice dark magic, hiding in these sacred woods? (The pups are left speechless) Speak swiftly!

Aurora: Look, sir. We, uhh, we did not mean to intrude, but - -

Junior: (determined and stoically) We are mere travelers from a very distant future. We are looking for our friend. A dog, just like us. But we are no enemies. Take us before your king and we'll answer further.

The lead knight nods at another knight, who gets off and ropes the two pups to his saddle. Aurora glances at Junior, who sheepishly smiles.

Aurora: (quietly) WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! You can't just go all Aragorn and pretend you own the place!

Junior: Just play along and stick to my plan.

Lead Knight: Head back to the castle. (Gets up on his horse) These pups require an appointment with the king.

The lead knight leaves on his horse and 5 of the remaining follow him. The last knight gets on the saddle hooked to Junior and Aurora and urges his horse. As the seven knights and two pups head for this castle the leader speaks of, Junior begins to ask the knight riding the saddle they're connected to a question. 

Junior: (casual) Dear sir, what year is this? 

Knight: Young pup, today's date is May the first of the year 475, merely twenty-five years after King Arthur has become king as a young page.

The pups, surprised, and still tied to the saddle, look at each other in shock and disbelief.

Aurora: King Arthur? I thought he was a myth. 

Knight: No, he's real, pup. His action pulling the sword Excalibur out of the stone now in the royal courtyard, his bond with the all-powerful wizard Merlin, his recent wedding with Queen Guinevere, his forming of the Knights of the Round Table, all are real.

Junior: So you believe us that we are from the future?

Knight: I believe nothing of the sort. But if the king deems you true, he might dub thee or execute thee.

Junior and Aurora: (thinking) Gulp! Let's just pray King Arthur's just as good as we grew up with.

Then the knights and the pups arrive at a castle. They all stop at a moat. (For those who don't know what those are search it up).The lead knight brings out a  Bugle and plays a hearty tune on that sunny, bright day. A man from the top of the gate asks who has come.

Gatekeeper: Who goes there?

Lead Knight: It's Lancelot! It's Sir Lancelot, dash it all! I've brought a couple pups who want an audience with King Arthur.

Gatekeeper: More of that, eh? 

The gatekeeper pulls a lever that lowers the drawbridge door and the knights and their captive pups cross it. As they cross, Junior remembers the name Lancelot. Before he was overpowered by the chivalrous Galahad, he's known to be the greatest, if not best, knight to sit at the Round Table. Then they reach the other side of the bridge and the drawbridge closes. They enter the castle and lots of knights, pages, and citizens walk around. Most of them gaze at Junior and Aurora asking, "More pups?" or "How many pups are gonna run through our kingdom?" or even "May I have a puppy, mother??. Yeah. It's true. Anyway, the seven knights and their PAW Patrol captives walk inside the castle part of the castle. The horses are left to their stables and Lancelot unties the ropes hooking Junior and Aurora off the saddle but he grasps it like as if he's a royal dog walker. Then the knights and the pups reach the Round Table. Junior and Aurora's eyes are widened. Junior thinks to himself in the fanboyish way as possible.

Junior: (in his thoughts) The Round Table. Everything here is real. Myths have been written. Songs have been sung, Stories have been told. But the legend of it all . . . lies here. The ever-amazing, the long-neglected, often adapted in movies and TV, but never duplicated Round Table of Camelot!

Then trumpets play, signaling the king's arrival. Lancelot and his men bow to the presence of their leader Arthur. Beside the legendary ruler was his best advisor and life-long friend Merlin walking with his scepter. He wore a great blue robe with a short gray beard and only a brown hood. Also next to Arthur was his recently wedded wife Guinevere. Arthur signaled everybody to stop bowing, Lancelot and everyone else in his company stands up? As King Arthur sits down in a seat with a scabbard on the back, he takes the legendary sword Excalibur out. Merlin and Guinevere sit on opposing sides of Arthur's chair. Junior and Aurora look at each other with fandom going through their veins. Arthur puts the sword in the scabbard on his chair, then more knights arrive as Arthur calls out their names.

King Arthur: Galahad, come forth.

Sir Galahad, a heroic-looking knight with more gold on his armor than Lancelot, emerges from the room and sits next to Guinevere.

King Arthur:  Pellinore, sit down.

Sir Pellinore, a tall man with a bushy mustache like from Disney version of The Sword and the Stone, also steps forward and sits in the third chair, the one on Galahad's right.

King Arthur: Kay, have a seat.

Sir Kay, a big, strong and silent knight sits down on Pellinore's right, making the mustached knight uneasy.

 King Arthur: Dinadin, leave your antics off the table.

Sir Dinadin, an average sized, the "should-have-been-named-Sir-Smiles-a-lot" type and sits down next to the growling Kay.

 King Arthur: Percival. my friend. Pick a seat.

 Sir Percival, son of Pellinore, emerges with a grin and sits down next to Dinadin on his right.

 King Arthur: Gawain, enter.

(Sir Gawain emerges and sits next to Percival on his right). 

King Arthur: Gareth, come in.

 (Sir Gareth, brother of Gawain, emerges and sits in the seventh chair next to his brother)

King Arthur: You may come in, Lamorak. 

Sir Lamorak, brother of Percival and other son of Pellinore, one of the strongest knights here, sits next to Garett in the eighth chair.

King Arthur: (with a smile) Ah! Welcome, dear Liberty!

Junior and Aurora are shocked, and they see their dachshund aunt in knight's armor for a dog! The lovable wiener sits next to Lamorak.

King Arthur: (frowns) And finally, Lancelot. (grumbles) I promise to other kings before me I'm gonna fight him.

Lancelot yanks on his makeshift leash for Junior and Aurora and sits in between Liberty and Merlin. King Arthur takes off his crown and puts it on the table.

King Arthur: I gathered you here today for Lancelot has found another supposed rumor of black magic, but turn up with a couple of pups. For example, our newest knight Liberty, (the dachshund stands up, and puts her front paws on the Table, smiling.) who saved my life from an Orc siege when she came. She has . . . replaced Sir Tristan. (Search up how Sir Tristan dies). Liberty, are these your friends? (Looks to Lancelot, who throws the leashed pups onto the Table.)

Liberty: (in thought:) Aren't these two of the pups from the future? (Out loud) Ahem. Your Highness, yes. I do know them. In fact, they come from the future of my present. They come from MY future.

Galahad: So we got more dogs from the future?

Lamorak: Just great.

Dinadin: Yes, Lamorak. It IS great!

Lamorak: Not what I meant, Dinadin!

Liberty: (demanding) But I will not have my future niece and nephew tied to a leash like animals! Seriously, Lance. You got to work on your people skills.

King Arthur: Lancelot! Release the pups and I promise you we will get this off your name in history.

Lancelot: But - but - my king, I saw a bright light in the Camelot forest and then I saw thee in a clearing.

Pellinore: The same clearing you have arrested Liberty for committing the same crimes? Crimes she has proved she has not done?

Before Lancelot could answer, Merlin protests.

Merlin: Enough! I have used my knowledge of time travel, the future, and mostly because I read the pups' minds, these two pups came here ON PURPOSE, different than Liberty who has arrived by accident. These two pups were on a mission to save their friend and regroup with their other friends in the time they have come from, and unite to defeat a greater evil far greater than orcs. (Junior and Aurora look at each other and then Liberty who shrugs with her shoulders)  A mortal, an intelligent and formidable mortal mind you, tampering with time. The reason for the device they carry.

Queen Guinevere: What device? 

Merlin: Liberty, would you ask your family to show us?

Liberty: Sure. (Looks at Junior and Aurora) Guys, everyone here is gonna help us. Well, besides Lance next to me. 

Lancelot: Oy! 

Galahad: She's right you know. Lance. (smirks at his rival, who he recently overpowered)

Junior puts out the device that helps them get back into the portal they took. 

Aurora: This is not the device that opens the previous portals. But this device, like others, are in synch with the original which we took from the villain.

Percival: Hmm. Father, what do you think?

Pellinore: I think the only one here at the Round Table that knows of this is Merlin.

Merlin: In fact, you're right, Sir Pellinore. (Picks up device) Impressive. 21st century. Intriguing. So much capability of power to mend time like the dough for bread, and small enough for a pup to wear. (Gives it back to Junior) You may need this for your journey's end.

Junior: Th-thank you. (Nervous around the famous wizard Merlin) Hey, uh, King Arthur, sir?

King Arthur: Call me Artie. (Junior is confused) Liberty gave me that name. (Liberty winks) And you are . . . (Chuckles) you don:t have to talk like us. Talk like in your time.

Junior: Okay, Hi.  I'm Junior, which is a shorter way to say Marshall the Second, and I just wanna say . . . I'm a big fan. There's so much I want to tell you. All of you. (Looks at Lancelot) Okay, most of you. (Almost everyone chuckles)

Queen Guinevere: I like this one. He's funny.

Junior: Well, I get the comedy from my dad. Anyway, since we are on a time crunch here, can I have Merlin tell you everything I know about the legend of you?

King Arthur: I'm a legend?

Merlin: I just read his mind. His vast knowledge of all of us is compared and contrasted by different adaptations by writers and authors from the 11th century comes in, to the 21st century. But the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table will pass into legend.

King Arthur: I just wish you could stay longer.

Junior: Well, I wish I could tell you everything but a I got family and -

King Arthur: Sorry, Junior. I was talking to Liberty.

Junior: Oh. Hehe. Okay. (Junior and Aurora get off the Table next to Merlin. Liberty walks on the Table and kneels before Arthur but Arthur says that Liberty bows to no one, so she stops)

King Arthur: For the past few days, I have looked at you more than a knight. More than a sister to me. More than even as a pet to me.. But as a daughter.

Queen Guinevere: We both have.  And now we want you to join your friends, where your heart leads. 

Liberty: I couldn't bee this without you guys, (Arthur and Guinevere smile and they embrace each other) But I'll miss you. (Sniffles) Because I'm actually born nearly 2000 years after you. 

They stop embracing and Liberty walks around the Table going to her left, saying her goodbyes.

Liberty: Galahad, keep proving to be better than Lance, okay? I like it when he does the face. Look (Lancelot grumbles and Liberty and Galahad share a laugh).

Galahad: The Round Table was not as exciting nor was it lively without you, Liberty.

Liberty hugs Galahad. Then she says good bye to everybody else until she reaches Lancelot.

Liberty: Good b- whatever. (She jumps off the Table and everyone else couldn't help but snicker at Lancelot. Not even the humorless Kay could resist. She says to Junior and Aurora). Phew. Okay, I'm ready guys. 

Junior and Aurora nod and they open the portal, making everybody else in the room surprised or awe-struck. Then Junior, the last one in, says one final thing.

Junior: Can I have something to remind us by?

King Arthur: (chuckles) Try Liberty's armor and blade. 

Junior: Oh, Hehe. Ahem. (Stoically once again) Farewell, great warriors of legend! We shall meet again in the clouds up abo- -

Aurora: (comes out and grabs his collar) Oh, for crying out loud! (Yanks him through the portal as it closes.

Whoa. Sheesh. This is probably the longest chapter I have ever written ever.  Over 2400 words in one chapter is a new record, right? Anyway, I had to dig into my childhood, fandom of my liking for the King Arthur legend, and some research, Peace out, you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 79 14
This is a continuation of A dangerous love (a PAW patrol Swubble fanfic) Get ready for another Romantic,yet comedic book that revolves around Rocky a...
33.5K 548 39
Includes, action and romance. Have a guess which pups the romance is about? You guessed it! Chase and Skye, well mostly. 😅 When the pups take a...
34.1K 354 19
What happens when Chase comes across a female Golden Retriever being chased by two Rottweilers in an alley way and Chase saves her will Chase fall fo...
1.4K 19 15
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN PAW PATROL. ALL MULTIVERSAL COUNTERPARTS ARE CREATED BY ME. A tyrannical cyborg German Shepherd named Clone now has a device...