Villain (Rex)

By Ahsoka-Ashla-Tano

A Separatist General meets a Republic soldier on the field of battle. Morals clash, but in the midst of it al... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
Not really a chapter
14
15
Poll time
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
SFW ABCs
31
32
33
34
Epilogue

9

436 21 58
By Ahsoka-Ashla-Tano

I don't think this one has any trigger warnings, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Rex pushed Kara into the cafeteria, letting her grab a tray of food. He snagged one for himself and found an empty table, helping her onto the bench. 

"Have you figured out what's going to happen to me?" Kara questioned.

Rex sighed. "Kix and I are going to talk. Until he figures out a treatment plan, you're stuck in the wheelchair."

Kara pouted for a moment before brightening. "I can't fit into my cell with this! Does this mean I get to stick with you?"

Rex grimaced. "Unfortunately, yes. I'm stuck with you for the time being."

Kara cheered, binders rattling as she raised her hands triumphantly into the air. 

Rex gave her a puzzled look. "Why are you so happy about this?"

"I'll get to spend more time with you," Kara murmured, tracing his arm with her finger. Then she burst out laughing. "Was it believable? Did you fall for it? I was kidding. You're just more entertaining than that cell."

Rex let out a heavy sigh. "Whatever. Just eat."

Kara screwed up her face teasingly at him as she chewed. She glanced up as Echo, Fives, and someone new approached, smiling widely at them.

"Hey, Kara." Fives winked at her. "How are you doing?"

Kara pretended to sulk. "Badly. I hurt my leg." She showed them her injured limb, wincing as she raised her foot.

"Do you want me to carry you around?" Fives offered with a charming grin with his proposition.

"She has a wheelchair for a reason," Rex pointed out.

Kara threw her head back with a hearty laugh before shaking her head. "I'm good, Fives, thanks. I'll make Rex push me around."

Fives shrugged, taking a seat next to her. Echo rolled his eyes at Fives and sat next to Rex.

"Who's this?" Kara curiously asked, staring at the clone who had remained silent.

"This is Coda." Fives gestured to the man. "Coda, this is Kara. We told you about her."

Coda held out a hand for Kara to shake, smiling lazily at her. He had hair that looked slightly grown out, patted to the right side with stray strands hanging into his face. He had a tattoo on his cheekbone of an oval with two lines going through it. It looked similar to a crosshair, but Kara knew what it was.

She shook his hand. "Nice tattoo. Blunt though, don't you think?"

"It's a coda. My name is Coda. Should I have gotten a sixteenth note?" Coda joked. "That wouldn't have made any sense, would it?"

"A what now?" Fives frowned in confusion. "I thought your tattoo was a crosshair."

"No, it's a Coda." Kara smiled appreciatively at Coda. "A music symbol. Do you play something?"

Coda nodded, taking the open seat on her other side. "Yeah, I play piano. Do you play anything?"

"Valacord, electro-harp, and Alderaanian flute," Kara listed, scooting closer to Coda. "How'd you learn piano?"

"There wasn't a lot to do growing up on Kamino," Coda briefly explained. "General Skywalker has a room on the cruiser filled with activities, and there's a piano there."

"Can you teach me piano?" Kara requested.

Coda hesitated. "I don't know. It's up to Captain Rex on whether you can leave his side or not. And your hands are cuffed too."

"Rex! Please!" Kara begged, whirling to face the blonde man.

Rex tapped his chin thoughtfully. "If only there was something you could do in return..."

Kara narrowed her eyes. "If you're planning to bribe me to tell you where the base is, you better forget it."

"For now, all I need is which direction, then you can have your little piano lessons," Rex convincingly said. He pushed his food of tray to Fives, who had been eyeing it for the duration of the conversation.

"Just the direction?" Kara suspiciously asked.

"Just the direction," Rex confirmed.

Kara mulled it over for a moment. "Fine. I'll give you the direction."

Rex felt thrill shoot through him. "Really?"

"Really," Kara unenthusiastically said. "It's North."

Rex unlocked her binders, and grabbed her. She let out a shriek as he practically tossed her into her wheelchair, shoving her towards Coda. "I'll pick her up later. Don't let her escape."

Coda blinked in surprise down at Kara, who rubbed her wrists. "Thank you, sir?"

"Just make sure she doesn't kill anyone," Rex instructed before running away.

"Can I come?" Fives excitedly asked.

"Sure." Coda shrugged. "But I don't know what's so great about a piano lesson."

"You place your hands like this." Coda put his hands atop hers to guide them into position. "Then this is your basic B-flat major scale." He quickly played it, showing her the scale. "Now you try."

Kara slowly repeated what he had done, cringing as she hit wrong notes. "Can you show me again?"

"Sure." Coda moved down the bench to get closer to her. "But first, you need to relax a bit. You're too tense."

Kara stretched out her wrists, taking in a deep breath. "Alright, show me it again."

Coda did it slower this time, naming each note as he went. Kara nodded along, trying her best to memorize his movements.

"This is boring!" Fives complained, sprawling on the bench that lined the wall.

Echo looked up from the book he was reading. "Read something. There's a whole bookshelf."

Fives rolled his eyes, letting out a groan. "I don't want to read a book!"

Echo lowered his book. "And that's my problem, how?"

Kara yawned, raising a hand to cover her mouth. "Coda, can I try a song?"

"I think it's time for you to get off to bed," Coda replied, eyeing the bags under her eyes.

"No!" Kara protested. "Just a bit longer? Pretty please?"

Coda's lips thinned disapprovingly. "Fine. But only because Captain Rex hasn't returned yet."

He demonstrated a simple song, using only three notes. Echo and Fives were still arguing over books, and Kara attempted what Coda had done.

"Nicely done," Coda praised once she had finished. "Try this next." He played a more difficult one with a faster tempo, but it was still fairly easy.

"Can I get some sheet music eventually?" Kara questioned, not yet trying the new melody.

"I'll see if I can get some," Coda said. "I can always find some on the holonet and have that pulled up when you play. In fact, that's probably what I'll do. Does that sound good?"

He glanced down at Kara, who had fallen asleep with her head resting on his shoulder.

"Rex sent me to pick her up. He got busy with General Skywalker."

Coda lifted his gaze to find Kix leaning in the doorway. He moved Kara to her wheelchair, giving the handles to Kix. 

"She looked comfortable," Kix remarked as he shooed Echo and Fives from the room.

"She's exhausted," Coda responded, closing the lid on the piano. "I just happened to be the pillow."

Kix steered Kara to the door, ignoring to her quiet snores. "He also said that she'll come here when he's too busy to watch her. Is that good with you?"

"I don't really have anything else to do until we have to attack the base," Coda said with a chuckle. "So I'll be here."

"Excellent. Rex will be happy to distract her. She's quite the handful. She's escaped multiple times." Kix pushed her out the door. 

Coda is my OC, and is now one of my favourite clones.

One of many.

Also, where's Kara gonna sleep? She can't fit into the cell with the wheelchair hehe

Any guesses?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 11 20
Just some Star Wars one-shots I've written in my spare time. May include: Obi wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, Cody, Kix, Fives, Echo, Hunter, Wrecker, Tech...
209 6 5
They promised each other forever. They promised each other that their love with withstand the war, the pressure, the burdens of leadership, and the i...
1.6K 65 30
Star Wars the Clone Wars Fanfiction, Mostly Focused on female OC and Captain Rex, and their experience falling in love, but also telling the growth o...
7.4K 304 25
(Echo x Fem! Medic Reader). The Republic's decision to hire natural born medics + A certain rookie trooper joining the 501st = Another love(ish) stor...