Book II of My Unfaithful Body...

By manal3e

**This book is a continuation of My Unfaithful Bodyguard** I turned towards Nick and freed him out of his sea... More

A U T H O R' s N O T E
88. Cousins In The Carribean
89. The Act Of Loving You
90. Bourbon Mixed with Tears
91. My Favourite View
92. Precious Little Contract
93. The R8
94. Pierce? Who?
96. Proof Of Infidelity
97. Silva's Silent Treatment
98. Hugs and Kisses
99. Ladybugs

95. Away From You

701 42 16
By manal3e

REIGN's POV
____________________

I was amazed how drawing a pretty detailed sketch of Kymburly's pregnant belly would make Jackie win. Apparently, any picture of her or anything related to her would have made anybody win. So, drawing a pacifier, a cradle, a onesie or even a neat sketch of a freaking baby was of complete waste.

Jackie won a pink tennis bracelet and Jackie hates pink. The face she made after seeing the prize was hysterical. Kymburly being Kymburly gifted her named shaped diamond earrings to everyone. What are we even going to do with the Kymburly shaped earrings? Ugh.

Well, I can't be harsh on her, since all the women in her party were freaking out about my fiancée and the ring he gave me. I'm sorry about it but I accidentally stole Kymburly's thunder on her very important day. The least I can do is wear her name shaped earrings.

I'm just glad there weren't any media people in and outside the venue; it would have caused a whole scene for me.

But the decision of trusting Jackie proved to be worthwhile; it was a good party and I did have a little fun. Basically it was a good distraction and with Jackie and Nick by my side it was worth it. And seeing Pierce after so many years really took my mind off my current sufferings, plus it was really fun to see Nick give deadly glares to poor Pierce. Even though I didn't like the way Nick reacted to my little secret, it was fun to see him get jealous of Pierce. He must be thinking how he could have gotten me to sleep with him; simple, I was stupid and pathetic back then. More than I'm right now.

And the puppies.

I really needed that boost of oxytocin and I couldn't think of anything better than cuddling and kissing a bunch of puppies. Kymburly isn't as narcissist as I thought she was, I mean somehow she made my day better. I wouldn't have even thought of checking my invites if it wasn't for Jackie who reminded me of it. Mister Francis would've sent flowers or some gifts on my behalf to her, the party to never reach my ears.

My phone buzzed in my hand.

A text from Jackie

Even after persuading Jackie to stay over she didn't listen. She said she didn't want to be the third wheel between us again and asked us to drop her off at Georgie's, so we did. Before leaving she begged me to just do it with Nick and get over with it already. She said she could feel the sexual tension between us from across the room with a dozens of people inside it. I know there's some kind of sexual tension between us and whenever he gets close to me, all I can think of is his hands on my body but I can't do anything about it. I'm not in the right place to think and do such things right now; I can't take advantage of him just to take my mind off my sufferings. But I have chosen to give him the chance I never gave him in the first place and I cannot hurt him anymore.

Nicholas Silva is a gem.

Jackie sent me a picture.

It was a picture of me and Nick from the party, when he was fixing my hair before all the ladies went to take a picture with Kymburly. It was a cute picture, it looked like a professional snapshot with the complete pink, rose backdrop. Nick looking irresistible, like he said, in his lemon yellow shirt and I... I was gazing at him as he fixed my hair. The fluttering of butterflies I felt when he brought his hands up to run his fingers through my hair was unmatched. Nick is full of doing the little things, little gestures that just sweep me off my feet.

I could feel Nick caressing me with his soft gaze, he was staring at the side of my face with a little smile.

"Stop it, Nick," I say and shut my phone to keep it beside me.

"What? I'm looking outside," He chuckles.

We were in the car heading back to his sky-scraping penthouse.

I look to my left matching his hot gaze, "You're not getting the sketch."

He let out a throaty chuckle, his eyes sparkling, "That's not why I'm looking..."

I smile ever so slightly, "Then don't look," I tell him.

"Can't help it, amor," he says huskily as his eyes roam all over my face. I took in a deep shaky breath as my eyes followed his eyes. My chest felt full and my tummy exploded with butterflies.

His phone glowed, illuminating the insides of the dark car. I saw the name, It was a call from Bianca.

His eyebrows furrow when he saw the caller's name and answered the call. He pressed the phone to his ear, "Sim."

So, sim means yes. This much I know after spending two months in Rio. I have caught up on a few words but I cannot understand the language verbally.

She said something that instantly changed the colour of Nick's face, he went all cold and unbothered; like he remembered something. I saw his grip on the phone tightened, popping his veins.

He was suddenly looking out of sorts, "Mhmm...", he hummed. And there's something about the way he mhmms. It's very distracting and hot.

As I was watching his body language change from chirpy to rigid, my phone buzzed in my hand again. It was a call from Mr. Francis.

I glance at Nick before answering, "Yes, Mister Francis."

"Good evening, Miss Adams," He wished me in an unsure tone. I sensed some kind of distress in his voice indicating me we are in a crisis and it was linked to the man sitting beside me.

All things apart, I like to hear Mister Francis's voice, he exerts some kind of obedient vibes, even if he hasn't been obedient to me. He is a good man and he is very committed to his job.

"Good evening. What's the emergency?", I get straight to the point. By this time, Nick was done with the call and was now pondering about something. I glance at his fists balled by his side.

What happened?

"I apologise for what I'm going to request but I've already left the building and I'm stuck in traffic. And I can't get back to the office--," He says. I was looking at Nick who was not in a good mood after the call and Mister Francis was on the call with me beating around the bush. Patience was rushing out of me like the Niagara Falls.

"Just spill it, Mister Francis," I say.

"Mister Silva's PA, Miss Rodriguez called saying that they need the original documents of our hotel and they're in the safe. Since I don't have access to the safe right now, I was hoping you could send it to them," He said and it didn't sound like much of a deal then why is he making it sound like he was about to tell me we went bankrupt again or something.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Yeah, okay. I'm in the area right now. I'll send it," I tell him.

I glance at Nick, he was staring out his window. Something is really off with Nick.

"Thank you so much, Miss Adams. I apologise, this won't happen again," he said politely. I don't like when older people apologise to me and for such a little thing? I can't take it.

"It's fine, Mister Francis. Have a good night," I tell him nicely and I heard him chuckle.

I tap on the red icon and end the call. I look at Nick and he was still staring out his window. There was a certain type of air floating between Nick and I and I was completely unaware of it. It wasn't the same Nick who was staring at me with a smile two minutes ago, he was the Nick who insulted me and made me cry in the party in Jóia.

"We have to stop at the hotel," I say out loud.

He gave me a cold glance, "Cyril, drive to the Adams hotel," he told Cyril and continued staring outside his window. I saw Cyril nod once and take a swift left turn.

Now, I was staring at Nick trying to understand what was going on with him. Until now he couldn't stop staring at me and all of a sudden he doesn't want to look at me. Before I could ask what was going on with him, Cyril stopped the car right outside the hotel.

I'll ask him when we go inside the hotel, probably get a coffee. It's getting cold now; I look outside and saw people walking against the wind flow. It's windier than usual.

Cyril opened the door for me and I stepped out into the growing winter air. My long trench coat was good enough to insulate me from the coldness. I saw Nick get out too and he was wearing a black leather jacket defying the weather. He was looking insanely hot in that jacket plus the fiery mood he was in was taking his hotness up a notch; a prominent frown on his lips, jaw was ticking and his eyebrows furrowed creasing his forehead.

I walk around the car to climb the stairs to my hotel. A cold breeze raised chills on my legs as I make my way to the glass doors. I assumed that Nick was following me but I didn't sense it like I usually do. Nick's presence is very heavy and daunting and cannot be ignored easily. One requires a very strong willpower to avoid his presence. I sensed that he wasn't following me. I turn around to see him leaning on the jet black BMW with his hands stuffed into his pockets, looking everywhere but at me.

The streets were busy and the chaos that the New York City made was too much.

"Nick?", I call out.

Finally, he lazily looked at me. His eyes were icy.
I descend down a step towards him, "You're not coming?", my voice coming out calm.

He shook his head side to side, telling me no.

Now he won't even talk to me? What did I do?

He watched me as I descended more steps down until I was only one step higher than him, eye to eye.

"What's wrong?", I ask softly, my eyes running all over his face.

"Come with me," I say when he didn't respond.

"I'm not coming, Reign. I'll wait for you here," there was a strong sense of dominance in his voice.

Reign. Not Amor.

"But it will take a while, you can't wait here. It's getting cold. You are not used to this cold," I say and I saw his eyes soften there just for a fraction of second.

"I will wait," He tells me sternly.

I took the last step down until I stood right in front of him and he had to look down to match my gaze, "What's wrong?", I cooed. I hesitantly placed my hand on his chest and he looked down at my hand.

He pushed himself off the car, standing straight, causing my hand to slip off his chest. I watched as my hand fell down to my side.

This is not him.

"Tell me...", he begun, his brown eyes catching on fire.

He looked down at me with such a hot yet cold stare, "If somebody who means so much to you, threw you out of their property, would you step on it again?", he asks.

I was in awe.
"That's what it is about?", my eyebrows reach my forehead.

"We talked about it, Nick. I thought we were past that...," I try to make my case.

"Not entirely," He narrowed his eyes at me. I'm hating the way he was looking at me, it was eating me up inside.

Then it dawned on me.

Nick has been handling all our businesses since that tragedy happened with me. That means he has never entered my office, he never entered Adam's hotel.

"So... all this time... you never entered my hotel?", I asked him.

He didn't say anything, he just kept staring into my soul. And I got my answer.

"That is insane, Nick," I let out a wry chuckle.

There was a dark shadow over his eyes, "Is it, Reign?"

Why is he calling me Reign?

"If it wasn't for you, I would've never forgotten that day but I did. Yet there's still an emotional scar left...", He says. I had no words, I kept staring at him.

What am I supposed to do now? How do I make it right?

"I'm sorry, Nick. I'am really sorry about that day. I was out of my mind. Now please come inside with me. It's getting cold," I whine like a kid.

He looks away, "I'm not coming," his strong jaw still ticking with anger.

The wind was blowing through our hairs, "You'll fall sick, Nick. It's really getting cold now."

I was genuinely worried about his health. This transitioning weather is never good, you can catch flu anytime and him coming from a tropical land doesn't know what New York's air can do to him.

"Be it then," He said looking ahead but not at me.

He is so stubborn.

I was staring up at him crafting ways inside my head to get him inside the building. By the looks of it, I don't think he will listen to any of my requests anymore. There's only one way.

I gulp moistening my dry throat.

"Would you come inside if I tell you the truth about that day?", I let out and his eyes fall on me again.

He was reading me, searching for something in my eyes.

I looked back in his eyes, I was afraid to tell him the truth because I know telling him the truth means telling him that I was in love with Christian. But if I'm getting married to Nick and if he is going to be my end game then he deserves to know my truth. And I cannot think of a better time to disclose this.

He took a step to stand beside me, "I hope the reason is good enough," He says looking ahead and then started climbing up the stairs.

I closed my eyes contemplating what I have done. It's time. My hands were like ice cubes and I started sweating profusely.

I turned around and started following Nick. I wanted our little walk from the car to my office to be the longest journey in the world but it was the quickest. There was no familiar face when I entered the lobby to buy me more time, no Martha, not even Harry.

I'm doomed.

I timidly followed him to the private elevator whilst he walked with confidence and spunk like he knows he didn't do anything wrong and he didn't. I did and that's what is causing me to walk like a thief. I stood there side by side, looking like a little rat trapped inside an elevator with a fucking King cobra.

I was getting anxious by the second; my fingers fidgeting with my colour changing engagement ring like crazy.

I look above at my reflection, this is the very spot where Christian and I made out for the first time.

I shut my eyes close and faced down. I don't want to think about it.

As the elevator lifted us up, my heart started sinking low. My heart was pounding heavily in my cage, I will have to tell Nick the truth.

You have to tell him, Reign. He deserves to know the truth.

We step out of the elevator and walk towards the door to my office. Nick stood behind me patiently as I touched and twisted the door handle. I opened the door and the familiar scent of papers, paint and fresh citrus and floral scents filled my nose.

Reminds me of Christian

I opened the door but I was afraid to step inside my own office. I turned around to look at Nick who was looking at me with a little softer gaze now.

"Come inside, please," I ask him politely and without saying a word he steps in and walks right near the couch, exactly on the spot where I asked him to get out of my building. His gaze was wandering around with a prominent look of disgust on his face, he was looking around like he was trying to put two and two together about something.

I took in a deep, shaky breath and followed him. I stood facing him. I didn't know where to start so I asked a stupid question, to which I knew he was going to give a taunting remark."Do you want coffee?", I ask and he lifted one eyebrow in annoyance at me.

"I want the truth, Reign," He said sternly.

He has got to go back to calling me meu amor. Why is it bothering me?

The air was thick and difficult to breathe between us. He was looking down at me boldly, searching for something.

Is he trying to scare me?

He lets out a sigh, "Whatever you're going to say, please be honest."

"I'm not going to lie to you, Nick," I say quietly. My voice not even reaching my ears.

"I hope not. I don't forgive dishonesty," His voice hoarse and deep.

And his brown eyes glistened, "Even if it's you..."

My heart sank even low. He is going to hate me.

I stare into his eyes looking for a little mercy but I found none. It was difficult to swallow in my drying mouth, yet I gulp hard.

I was fidgeting with my ring, twisting and turning the heavy rock. My hands were clammy and my mind was foggy; I was terrified of the forthcoming. He is never going to forgive me for what I made him go through.

My heart almost stopped when Nick abruptly grabbed my hands stopping me from fidgeting more. I look up at him and he was more anxious than me.

He retrieved his hands to himself.

I inhaled deeply before I began, "You know what happened on my birthday, right?"

He didn't say anything so I continued.

"I couldn't believe what happened. I was scared and... I- I had almost escaped death, Nick," My eyes water quickly when that moment flashed before my eyes, the moment my car burst into flames. I still remember that noise, I can never forget it.

"And Christian...", my eyes pooled, making my vision blurry.

Nick's jaw clenched as soon as I took his name.

I sniff, "I thought... Christian saved me..."

"I thought he gave me another chance at life... I felt like I owed it to him. Like he was the reason I was alive on my birthday, he was why I could see my mom dad... my brother again..."

Nick's eyes softened for a second before I told him the truth about Christian.

I close my eyes tightly, "I was in love with him...", I finally say it out loud.

To Nick.

Lava like tears trailed down my cheeks to my chin.

Dead silence was overbearing until our heavy breathing poured into the vacuum of silence. I said it out loud; Nick knows now. He deserved to know but I don't know what going to come next.

Hesitantly, I opened my eyes to look at Nick. His face had shrunk into a mix of despair and anger. He looked heartbroken but his eyes shone red, he was searching my eyes in a fervour like he couldn't believe what he just heard. His tensed up shoulders relaxed as soon as those words left my mouth.

I wipe my cheeks,"And... when you showed up, I don't know what happened but something changed... something inside me changed," I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. My brain rattled when I thought about that night. I still don't understand what changed that night.

"On the rooftop when you leaned in to kiss me... I wanted to kiss you too...", Nick's eyes were reading my eyes like I was some indecipherable book he's trying to decode.

I place my hands on my heaving chest, "A--and I was at war with myself. I couldn't understand why I wanted to kiss you when I was in love with him..."

"That is when I saw you as a threat... I saw you as a threat in my relationship with Christian."

The word relationship changed the course of Nick's face. I couldn't read his face anymore. I couldn't understand what was going inside his mind listening to my woeful tale.

"I didn't want to be unfaithful to him. I was angry at myself because I thought of kissing you back... even when I was with him. I couldn't do that, Nick. I couldn't be unfaithful," tears left my eyes like unstoppable streams.

Nick eyes didn't left mine even for a moment.

I sniffed, "So... with help of Jackie, I dug up some dirt on you to use it against you. I forced myself to hate you and push you away from me. I knew you would hate me after that and you won't ever talk to me... and that would make it easy for me... to hate you too... I pushed you away for him...", the tears were stinging my eyes.

"It killed me to accuse you of something you'd never think of doing to me... just to drive you away from my life..."

I look down as the moment Christian aimed his gun at me stood in front of my eyes, freshly feeling the pain.

I chuckle and looking back into Nick's eyes, "And I'm getting punished for it now, for hurting you," my hands were shaking.

I took a half step closer to him, "You didn't deserve any of that, Nick..."

His eyes were shining red. He didn't say anything. He was just looking at me.

"And I admit I was stupid to hurt you and I repented it the moment you left my office that day, I regret that, Nick. I still fucking do. I was such an idiot to hurt you..."

"I'm really sorry...", I say timidly.

He kept quiet, he didn't say anything. But his eyes were gleaming of anger and despair. The growing silence was deafening and it was killing me slowly. Like it will drive me mad if he doesn't say anything; his dangerous gaze was unnerving me, fibre by fibre.

"Say something, please...", I took another half step towards him.

I took his right hand in my cold ones, "Nick?", he looked down at our hands.

I took another step ahead and brought his hand close to my chest. My heart was beating like anything, its beats were booming in my ears contemplating his response to the truth.

He looked up at me with his gloomy brown eyes and it broke me into million pieces to look back into them. I can only imagine how hurt he must have been when I accused him and threw him out of my building.

Just a few minutes ago, I promised myself that I wouldn't hurt this man but here I'm again hurting him. He doesn't deserve this. After all he has done for me, I'm hurting him again. God, I hate myself for hurting this man over and over again.

I squeeze his hand gently, "I'm sorry for whatever I did and you have all the right to be mad at me but please say something...", I stare up at him with hope but he looked crushed and detached.

"Please...", I plead.

He widened his eyes looking everywhere, drying the water in his eyes. He let out a very wry chuckle looking at our hands, "There's nothing to say...", he pulled away his hand from mine and took two steps back.

His eyes were on me,"Cyril?!", he shouted and my eyes fluttered. My heart throbbing and booming inside my body loudly.

Cyril stood at the door, "Sir."

Nick's burning gaze glued me in my spot. I have never seen such gleam in his eyes before.

"Stay here with her," Nick told him and he turn around to walk away.

"Nick, wait!", I grabbed his hand again.

"Where are you going?"

He turned around to look at me, he was looking at me with pain and contempt reflecting on his face.

He brought his other hand to free his hand from mine, "Away from you," he said gruffly and walked out of my office leaving me alone to regret every decision I ever made.

I helplessly stood there as I watched Nick storm out in anger.

"Get her home safely," I heard him say to Cyril. I shut my eyes close tightly, sobbing.

I don't deserve him.

____________________

This chapter was very long, I had to cut it short.

The next one is bit heavy.

Also, Happy New Year to you all!

See you in the next chapter xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.6K 56
"As I passionately kiss your lips and breathe all of you in, release your pain to me; let me inhale it and let my soothing touch heal your broken sou...
43.5K 890 55
Warning: THIS BOOK WILL EXPLORE MENTAL HEALTH AND OTHER SERIOUS TOPICS, LIKE HOMOPHOBIA THIS BOOK IS ALSO LIGHTHEARTED, don't worry!! Summary: Nick a...
3.9M 289K 87
Power and money didn't really interest Serena, instead she wished for a life of peace and safety. Barely able to afford a bus pass, it was mere chanc...
221K 7.3K 30
I look at him weirdly and before I know it his lips are on mine and his hands are in my hair. God his lips are so soft. I forget about what was going...