[On Hold] What If Luz had Sha...

By KaijuLord54

Cover made by @SlytherinBasilisk314 This is a fanfiction of how The Owl House would turn out if Luz Noceda wa... More

Prologue
Season 1 - Part 1
Season 1 - Part 2
Season 1 - Part 3
Season 1 - Part 4
Season 1 - Part 5
Season 1 - Part 6
Season 1 - Part 7
Season 1 - Part 8
Season 1 - Part 9
Season 2 - Part 1
Season 2 - Part 2
Season 2 - Part 3
Season 2 - Part 4
Season 2 - Part 5
Season 2 - Part 7

Season 2 - Part 6

300 8 8
By KaijuLord54

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or DC Comics so don't report me, this is for entertainment purposes only.

Also, I should let you know that this chapter will be based on The Owl House Season 2, Episode 13.

Episode 10 never happens because Luz and the gang still have the portal and Luz having already reunited with Camila.

The difference with episode 11 is that since Raine wasn't captured by Kikimora, Eda has no reason to hire a spy at the Coven Day Parade, let alone be there.

The difference with episode 12 is that Luz and Lilith don't meet Philip Wittebane in the past and go home early without incident.

With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

We begin with Hunter and Flapjack having made their way to Hexside as the school was holding a Club Fair.

Hunter, now wearing a potions track uniform, peeled around the corner to see many students walking about at the fair.

Hunter: Look at all these potential recruits.

He says before Flapjack chirps in response.

Hunter: Well, I know I never talked to people my age. But teens are probably into the same things as me. Like authority and rules.

He says before marching into the fair with a smile on his face.

Hunter then went around trying to recruit any students he could find, but ended up failing miserably due to Hunter's poor social skills.

Flapjack chirped.

Hunter: Yeah, this isn't working. But I have to recruit at least one person!

He says before bumping into Viney's pet Griffin, Puddles.

Puddles then glares at Hunter, screeching in his face as Viney holds her back.

Viney: It's okay, Puddles! No! He didn't mean it! No, no, no, no! Puddles no!

She yells before Puddles breaks free of Viney's grip, prompting Hunter to fly away on Flapjack, chasing him.

Hunter used evasive maneuvers to try and get away from Puddles, but the Griffin was very agile, able to keep up with the teen as it almost pecked him.

Hunter: Calm down, flea magnet!

He yelled as Puddles managed to take one of his boots.

Hunter then charges straight towards Puddles, dodging the Griffin's claws as he takes his boot back, letting out a laugh.

He turns around only to widen his eyes upon seeing Puddles being restrained by vines.

Willow: Hey, you!

Our favorite plant girl yelled, catching Hunter off guard as he assumed his cover was blown.

He then attempted to fly away only to be restrained and pulled to the ground by vines, gulping upon seeing Willow staring him down.

Willow: . . . Wanna join my Flyer Derby team?

She asked as Hunter's eyes widened.

Hunter: . . . What?

Willow: Flyer Derby!

She says before releasing him from the vines.

Willow: This is Gus Porter and I'm Willow Park, future captain of Hexside's first Flyer Derby team.

She says, shaking his hands rather aggressively.

Hunter: Nice to meet you?

He says, shocked by Willow's strength as he winced at his hand.

Willow: Your flying was amazing. You're a new student, right?

Gus: Yeah, weird we've never seen you around. What's your name?

Hunter: Uh . . .

He says before Flapjack shirts a name in his ear.

Hunter: Caleb Bloodwilliams. I just transferred from . . . the toes. But I'm not here to play Fly Dooby or whatever that is. I have my own mission.

Willow: Oh, okay. At least take a pamphlet?

She says, offering it to him as Hunter takes it, walking a few paces before looking at the pamphlet saying; "Flyer Derby. A sport for the best and brightest!"

Hunter: Wait! Do you really think your club will attract the best and the brightest?

Willow: Absolutely. Flyer Derby's not for the faint witch.

Hunter: Then maybe I will give it a try!

Willow: Really?

Hunter: Yeah. So how do we evaluate others? A witch's duel? A maze full of traps? Leave everyone at the top of a mountain?

He asked as Willow and Gus stared at him with wide eyes.

Willow: Uhhhh, no. I actually have something else mind, but in the meantime you can help by attracting people with your sick sky skills.

She says before running off.

Hunter: Hmm. I don't feel sick.

He said as Flapjack chirped.

Gus: Hey, I don't know what kinda mission you're on, but it's been a tough year for Willow. And she's really looking forward to making this team a thing. Don't mess this up for her.

He says before following Willow.

A few minutes would pass as Willow gathered everyone's attention, making a speech about her Flyer Derby club as Hunter shows off his flying skills, impressing the crowd as people started signing up.

Hunter: This girl will be a perfect candidate for the Emperor's Coven. If there are more witches like her, we're set.

He said as Flapjack chirped.

Willow: Hey! Come on down!

She said as they landed.

Willow: Allow me to introduce you to the best and brightest of Hexside.

Viney: Look, Puddles, it's the friend you made before.

She says before Puddles screeches at Hunter, about to lunge at him if Viney hadn't blocked the Griffin's path.

Viney: Puddles, no! Do not claw mommy's face!

She yelled while Skara was lying on her back upside down on the school steps looking at her scroll and Gus trying to fly properly, only to end up hitting a wall.

Hunter: These are the best and brightest?

Willow: Let's find out.

She says, using her plant magic to drag everyone into the grass and up and out into a Flyer Derby field.

Skara: Sorry I was distracted earlier. Been playing Grudgby for so long, I needed to catch up on the latest Flyer Derby strats.

She says, showing him her scroll that had a bunch of info on Flyer Derby.

Hunter: These look . . . complicated.

Skara: They are.

Viney: Whew! Okay, finally! Got Puddles down for her nap.

She says, walking away from the sleeping Puddles before using a spell circle to heal up her scratches and bruises.

Viney: Now I'm only scarred emotionally.

She says before Gus flies past Hunter, the teen surprised by the younger witch's speed.

Hunter: I thought you couldn't fly?

Gus: So I can't fly like everyone else, but my way's more fun.

Hunter: Oh. That's, uh . . . cool, I guess.

Gus: What was that?

Hunter: I said it was cool!

He yelled before Willow puts a hand on his shoulder.

Willow: Gus is a natural speed demon, Skara's a strategic wizard and Viney's the best healer in school. And at one point or another, we've all been misjudged. Still have any doubts?

She says before Hunter shook his head.

Willow: Good. Now let's get our game faces on!

She says before everyone got dressed in green Flyer derby uniforms and green face paint.

Willow: Caleb! Waiting on you, buddy!

She called out for him, making Hunter smile as he ran up to his teammates.

They then came face to face with the Abomination Professor and his own team, getting on their palismen.

Willow: All we gotta do is fly high and snag some flags.

Abomination Professor: Let's see what you can do, "Captain."

They say before the professor's pink abomination blows the whistle, signaling them to start as everyone was flying around, attacking, defending and chasing one another before Hunter managed to snag a flag.

A couple members of the opposing team went after him, only for Hunter to give the flag to Gus, the illusion student using his speed to fly past everyone and attach the flag to one of the spikes on the Flyer Derby pole.

They went again for a second round, this time with the opposing team winning by snagging a flag and Skara being put out of the game.

They then continue with the third round as Viney and Jerbo charged towards one another, only to end up hitting each other as they fell off their palismen, getting themselves out of the game.

Willow and Gus charge towards the opposing team, with them distracted, Hunter uses this chance to snag a flag.

Willow then also uses her plant magic to snag two more flags, she and Hunter were gonna head for the pole only for Willow's palismen to get snagged by the professor's abomination goop.

Abomination Professor: Oops. My hand slipped.

He says sarcastically as Willow quickly gave Hunter her flags before falling, using a spell circle to create a large flower to cushion her fall.

Gus: Go, go, go!

He yelled, pushing Hunter forward as the opposing team attempted to steal back their flags.

But Hunter used Flapjack's magic to use his short ranged teleportation to get ahead, putting the flags onto the pole.

The pink abomination then blew the whistle, signaling Willow's team as the victors.

Hunter then lands only to get splashed by a bucket of a fruit punch-like beverage, laughing as everyone cheered.

Abomination Professor: May I please have your team name?

He asked, bummed out that he lost.

Willow: Shoot. We never thought of a name.

Hunter: The Emerald Entrails! You know, because we're green and there's . . . more to us than you think?

He says as everyone was silent for a moment until . . .

Everyone: Entrails! Entrails! Entrails! Entrails!

They chanted.

Willow: Entrails team photo! We're number one!

She says, taking out her scroll as the team took a selfie.

Hunter: Today was amazing. Sorry I doubted any of you.

Willow: No worries. Besides, we wouldn't have gotten here without you.

Gus: Yeah, I shouldn't have been so suspicious.

He says, to which Hunter scoffs.

Hunter: We can forget all about that when we play next time as part of the Emperor's Coven!

He says, catching everyone by surprise.

Gus: The what?!

Hunter: My name isn't really Caleb. It's Hunter. And I'm the emperor's right hand man. The Golden Guard.

He said as Willow lets out a nervous chuckle.

Willow: You can't be serious. You're not the one Luz told us about, right?

Hunter: Yes I am.

He says before changing his outfit back to his golden guard uniform, including his hand made cape and mask.

Everyone gasps before a bunch of coven scouts appeared, surrounding the teams.

Hunter: Huh? What are you doing here?

Coven Scout: Darius sent us to pick up your recruits.

Hunter: Ah, okay. Very good. Then there won't be any delay in branding you with coven sigils and taking you away from your friends and family forever. Hooray!

He says before Skara started crying.

Willow: Not on our watch! Augustus?!

Gus: Right!

They said before stepping towards the scouts.

Willow & Gus: Shazam!

They yelled as two lightning bolts came down, one each hitting them.

Hunter and the others were surprised by this as Willow and Gus had now transformed into adults with the power of Shazam.

Hunter's eyes widened upon seeing the now older witches.

Willow & Gus then proceed to knock out the coven scouts in less than a second using their super speed.

Hunter: I see. So the human passed her power onto you.

Willow: Then you know what we can do. You better get out of here if you know what's good for you.

Hunter clenched his fists.

Hunter: Sorry. But I didn't come this far just to fail.

Gus: Seriously? You couldn't even do anything to Luz when she transformed. What can you do against the two of us?

Hunter: . . . Shazam!

He yelled as a bolt of lightning hit him.

Willow & Gus were shocked as Hunter had transformed as well.

Gus: What the heck?!

Willow: How did you get the Wizard's power?!

Hunter: The human was the Wizard's second champion. But Teth-Adam was the original. So if she can share her power with six other champions, why can't he?

He says before Willow charges towards him, punching him repeatedly in the face.

Willow: Who else did Adam share his power with!!?! Tell me!!

She yelled, only for Hunter to block another of her punches before kicking her in the stomach, sending her flying and prompting Gus to catch her.

Hunter: Like I'll ever tell you that!

Willow: Get out of here, guys!

She yelled as Skara and Viney made a run for it.

Hunter: Oh no you don't!

He yelled, charging towards them, only for Gus to punch him into a wall.

Willow and Gus then proceed to use their magic, Willow with plants as she sprouts large vines from the ground and Gus with illusions as he created multiple clones of himself.

Hunter then wielded Flapjack, the bird turning himself into his staff form.

All three wielders of Shazam had lightning crackling from their hands as they stared each other down.

After several seconds, Hunter makes the first move as he dashes towards the two.

Willow sends her vines towards him, only for him to dodge them, using Flapjack's teleportation to aid him.

Gus then sent his clones towards him, to which Hunter punches, kicks and even whacks them with Flapjack, only to disappear as they were mere illusions.

While he was distracted, Willow summoned a huge Venus flytrap that came up beneath Hunter, chomping down on him.

Just when it seemed to be over, electricity began to surge the plant from within, making it screech in pain before exploding.

Willow & Gus charged towards Hunter, the three punching, kicking and electrocuting each other while flying at super speed across the field and nearby forest.

Hunter has better training than the two, but their own strength and combined assault made it difficult for him to keep up.

Hunter knew he had to find a way to win. He didn't want to go back empty handed.

The three continued their fight until Hunter came up with an idea. He waited for the right moment as they fought before managing to grab onto Gus.

Willow went in for a punch, only for Hunter to use Gus as a shield, prompting Willow to stop her fist from hitting her friend.

Hunter: Shazam!

He yelled, lifting Gus above him as he was hit by a lightning bolt, turning him back to normal.

Gus: Sha-!

He tried to speak before Hunter knocked him out with a chop to the neck.

Willow: Augustus!

She growled before attacking Hunter with a flurry of punches and kicks, using a spell circle to hit Hunter with a giant plant fist.

Hunter was sent flying high into the sky, letting go of Gus as Willow gently puts him safely on the ground.

She then flies up after Hunter, the blonde witch managing to stop himself as he could see Willow charging towards him.

Hunter then charged towards her, the two reeling their fists back before said fists collided, creating a powerful shockwave.

Both were sent flying back, only to charge each other a second time.

Willow managed to get in a few good hits, more so than Hunter, but the blonde used flapjack's teleportation to get behind Willow.

He then used flapjack's staff to choke Willow, the girl struggled as she tried to get him off.

She elbowed him several times in the stomach, making the two start falling towards the ground.

Willow: Let go!!

Hunter: Not . . . yet!! Shazam!!

He yelled, a lightning bolt hitting the both of them, turning them back to normal just as they were a few feet off the ground, landing hard but safely.

Hunter quickly got up and used magic to summon rope, tying up Willow and covering her mouth with a cloth.

He then did the same to Gus before transforming again, capturing Skara and Viney.

Some time would pass as the four young witches were taken by the emperor's coven and put in a cell.

Hunter: Okay, look, I'm sorry about this whole cell thing, but did you really have to punch Steve, Skara?

Steve: I get it. Emotions are running high.

Steve says while holding an ice pack on the side of his head.

Hunter: Well, anyway, I don't get it. You're joining the best coven there is. You can keep all your magic, get a free room and board, you can even play Flyer Derby on your day off! Well, this year's day has already passed, but next year's only fifty two weeks away.

Skara: We don't care! None of us want this!

Hunter: You will eventually. Trust me. I'm your friend now.

He says before Gus yells, his voice muffled due to the cloth around his mouth.

Viney: I think what he's trying to say is that friends don't stab each other in the back!

Hunter: Sure they do. The Coven Heads do it all the time back at the castle.

He says before abomination goop appears in the cell, taking everyone away as Hunter runs out to see that Darius had arrived in an airship, the team now in his custody.

Hunter: Darius! I did it! I found recruits!

Darius: Yes, and you're making me work on my day off. You've proven yourself worthy of that sigil. Now quit bugging me.

He said as everyone's palismen is taken into the ship before taking off.

Steve: I do not envy those kids, man.

Hunter: They just have to go through basic training before becoming scouts. It's not too bad.

Steve: Dude, do you even remember what we had to do? The duels, the maze with the traps, or that time we were left alone on a mountain?

He says before Hunter lets out a chuckle.

Hunter: Classic.

Steve: And not to mention that Belos likes to collect everyone's palismen.

He says, to which Hunter began to recall the palismen he's seen getting their magic absorbed by the emperor before Steve lets out a sigh.

Steve: And another thing? Those two with the same powers as the human? They won't go through the training. They'll go straight to the emperor or that Adam guy and . . . well, I'd rather not think about it.

He says, walking off as Hunter looks towards Darius's airship in the distance.

Hunter: I didn't think this through.

He says before getting on Flapjack, flying after the airship at top speed before eventually making it.

Hunter: Shazam!

He yelled, flying above the airship as a lightning bolt came down.

Hunter quickly dodged the lightning, letting it hit the airship as it was set on fire and began going down.

Hunter: Shazam!

He yelled again, this time letting the lightning hit him as he transformed.

He then flies beneath the airship, lifting it with his super strength and gently setting it down on the beach.

Scared and confused, Willow and the others gathered their palismen and attempted to make a run for it, only to be stopped by a large abomination as Darius appeared from the wreckage.

Darius: Did you really think you could get away with endangering a Coven Head? Do you have any idea what I'm capable of?!!

He yelled, his right arm turning into abomination goop and morphing into a scythe.

He then took a couple steps forward, aiming to attack the teens, only for Hunter to knock him out, hitting him in the head like a hammer as he fell face first into the sand.

Hunter: You should get out of here before any reinforcements show up.

He said, to which Willow and the others slowly backed away, the two Shazam wielders now having their cloths removed from their mouths.

Willow: Let's move, team. We need to find a replacement. After all, it'll be fifty two weeks before Caleb's next day off.

She said, surprising Hunter, thinking he wouldn't still be considered a part of the team.

Willow & Gus: Shazam!

They said, transforming before flying away, carrying Viney and Skara.

Hunter just stood there at the beach for a little while before deciding to fly away before anyone could see him.

-To be continued-

If you guys are enjoying this story please give it a like, comment your thoughts, give me a follow and share this story with your friends.

If any of you have any ideas for a story you'd like me to write, feel free to let me know in the comments or in my DM.

With that said, I hope you all have a nice day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 406 17
Luz had always hid her true self because of her family, because of what she was, but when she finds the Demon Realm, she has the chance to be herself...
114K 2.6K 22
[Owl House x Male! Reader] "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭." [Y/n] Vadas, known to many as a cynical punk with attitude problems and the best friend...
34.8K 1.1K 19
2 weeks after the petrification ceremony, things seem to be settling down at the owl house until Luz is cursed by being a little too curious. Luz mus...
92.1K 1.3K 22
Self-assured teenager Luz stumbles upon a portal to a magical realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, her son, Y/N, a mindless Scarecrow...