SUNSHINE - COLE WALTER

By lxmondrops

In the aftermath of a life-altering tragedy, Jaime and Jackie are whisked away from the chaos of New York Cit... More

SUNSHINE
Cast
Aesthetic
Playlist
Act One
Prologue
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017.
018.
019.

007.

8.3K 141 11
By lxmondrops

• ───────────────── •

Jamie's heart sank as she stared at her phone, the calendar date reminding her of the painful occasion: Lucy's birthday. Overwhelmed by sadness, she decided to switch off her phone and sought solace in a box that held a treasured teapot. Cradling the teapot in her hands, she breathed in its familiarity, finding comfort in its presence.

As Jackie entered the room, Jamie sensed her avoiding eye contact. With concern in her voice, Jamie asked, "Hey, how are you feeling this morning?"

"Fine," Jackie replied bluntly before abruptly leaving, leaving Jamie feeling even more desolate.

Resolute in her decision to honor her sister, Jamie carried the teapot downstairs, determined to make herself some tea. Greeted by Katherine in the kitchen, she mustered a smile and said, "Morning."

Returning the greeting, Katherine said, "Morning, Jamie. Oh, I got you some more tea bags. They're in the cabinet next to the coffee beans."

"Thank you," Jamie responded gratefully, reaching for the tea bags.

Their conversation was interrupted by Danny, announcing his plans for the day. "Hey, mom. I have Drama Club after school today, and then we're gonna go to Monty's. So I'm gonna miss dinner, okay?"

Understanding, Katherine replied, "Okay, honey."

Adding to the unexpected changes, Cole chimed in, "Yeah, I'm working late at Tony's, so, uh, I'm gonna miss dinner as well."

Surprised, Katherine inquired, "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, he's been really busy," Cole explained, but his words were abruptly halted when Parker accidentally knocked Jamie's teapot into the sink, shattering it into pieces. Witnessing the sight, tears welled up in Jamie's eyes.

"Parker, be careful!" Katherine shouted, her voice filled with concern.

"It was an accident!" Parker retorted before storming off.

Feeling apologetic, Katherine glanced at the shattered teapot in the sink. "Oh god. I'm so sorry," she said.

Fighting the tears that threatened to spill, Jamie reassured her, "It's okay." Quickly composing herself, she turned away from the sink and noticed everyone's curious gazes fixed on her.

Realizing the need to redirect the attention, Katherine spoke up, "Okay, everybody, we need to be outside in 15 minutes, so let's go."

Relieved, her words shifted the focus away from Jamie. "Sweetie, I just... I feel terrible-" Katherine began, longing to express her remorse.

Cutting her off gently, Jamie replied, her voice breaking, "It's fine." With that, she hurriedly left the room, making her way upstairs to gather her thoughts and regain composure.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

Jamie sat in the bathroom, clutching a picture of her and Lucy, feeling a profound ache for her sister.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and voices filtered in.

"You're really going without me?" a girl's voice pleaded.

"Sorry. You weren't invited. But Dylan is looking extra tasty today, and I'm looking equally as hot, so it's Darwinism," another voice responded, causing Jamie to roll her eyes.

"I really need somebody new to flirt with," the first voice sighed.

"Except that Jamie girl is like cornering the market on all the available boys, as well as her sister," the second voice observed, mentioning Jamie's name.

"You think she's pretty?" the first voice asked.

"You don't have to be pretty when you're new. Boys love novelty. But novelty wears off."

"Yeah, well, plus that whole helpless orphan thing. Like, she won the lottery when her parents died," this remark brought tears to Jamie's eyes.

"And they were rich too, weren't they?"

"Yeah."

"So she, like, literally won the lottery." The girls exited the bathroom, leaving Jamie to wipe away the tear that had escaped her eye.

With a heavy heart, Jamie made her way to class as the bell chimed.

"Yo, Sunshine! Hold up," Cole's voice called out as she walked past him and his friends.

"I'm late for class," Jamie replied coldly, still harboring hurt feelings from the comment he had made a few nights ago.

"Hey, wait. Can't really run on this leg yet," Cole pleaded, causing Jamie to stop and turn around.

"Are you okay?" she asked, her concern evident.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" Cole responded, looking into her eyes.

"Me? I'm... fine," Jamie lied.

"You keeping secrets from me, Sunshine?" Cole saw through her facade.

"Today has just been... a lot," Jamie confessed, turning to walk away.

"Uh, do you wanna get out of here?" Cole's voice trailed after her, making her pause.

"With you?" Jamie asked, surprised by the offer.

"Unless you had somebody else in mind," Cole answered, stepping closer to her.

"How about anyone else but you," Jamie retorted, her pain still fueling her resentment.

"Okay, ouch," Cole replied, taken aback, "look, I'm sorry about what I said the other night. I shouldn't have said that."

"It's fine. I probably shouldn't have said what I said either," Jamie admitted, her heart softening.

"So, do you wanna get out of here? Dylan has a lake house. I mean, it would involve cutting class-," Cole began, trying to convince her.

"You know I can't do that," Jamie cut him off, torn between her responsibilities and her yearning for escape.

"Well, I'm going, and it looks like you're having one of those days where you just kind of need to escape," Cole persisted.

"I have to get to class," Jamie said, turning him down out of habit.

"Come on. It's just one afternoon. You're going to catch up. You need to relax for once. Take your mind off things," Cole urged, his earnestness evident.

Jamie's eyes fell on the girls she had overheard in the bathroom, and she made a decision.

"Okay. Yes. Let's go," she said, a genuine smile breaking through her sadness. Cole's face lit up in response, and together, they walked away from the confines of their troubles, embracing the possibility of freedom and solace, if only for a little while.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

They arrived at the lake house, and Jamie stepped out of the car, taking in the surroundings. As she scanned the area, her eyes landed on Erin, who shot her a disapproving glance. Jamie sighed and leaned towards Danny, whispering, "Guess I should have asked who was coming."

Danny offered reassurance, saying, "It'll be okay."

Feeling a chill in the air, Jamie rubbed her arms to keep warm, regretting not bringing a jacket with her. Just then, she felt something being draped over her shoulders, a rush of warmth instantly comforting her. Turning to see Cole walking past, Jamie realized that he had kindly offered his jacket. Grateful for the gesture, she slipped her arms through the sleeves and embraced the added warmth.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

As the evening progressed, Jamie found herself indulging in a few drinks, attempting to drown her pain with the numbing effects of alcohol. Though a light buzz settled over her, she couldn't escape the weight of her emotions.

"All right, Olivia. Truth or dare?" a voice rang out in the lively atmosphere.

"Ooh! Is it that time already?" Olivia replied excitedly.

"Hell yeah, it's that time," the voice confirmed.

"Truth or dare, like a 12-year-old sleepover truth or dare?" Jamie questioned, feeling a bit bewildered.

"No, not the way we play. I hope that drink is strong because you're gonna need it," Olivia chuckled, giving Jamie an idea of the intensity of their version of the game.

"Ruby, truth or dare?" Olivia continued.

"Truth. Always," Ruby answered confidently.

"What do you really think of Paige?" Erin inquired, causing Ruby to giggle before abruptly leaning in to kiss Dylan.

"What just happened?" Jamie asked, her curiosity piqued.

"In our super awesome version of the game, you can pass on your turn by kissing the person to your left and then changing places. It keeps things interesting," Olivia explained, shedding light on the unexpected occurrence.

"Cole, truth or dare?" Olivia directed the next question to him.

"Truth," Cole decided.

"What do you really think about Dylan stealing your spot and your number?" Olivia probed, delving into a sensitive topic.

"I'm actually done with this game. I quit," Cole declared, his frustration evident.

"Not surprising. Quitting things is kind of your MO these days," Erin chimed in, adding another layer of tension to the room.

As Cole shifted his gaze from Erin to Jamie, who stood at his left, a mischievous smirk appeared on his face.

"You wouldn't," Erin warned, a sense of anticipation in her voice.

"Oh, I wouldn't?" Cole teased, turning towards Jamie with a spark of mischief in his eyes.

As their lips met, Jamie felt a surge of electricity course through her body. It was as if every nerve in her being was alive and pulsating with a raw intensity that she had never experienced before. She could feel Cole's hand on her cheek, his touch sending shivers down her spine.

Their kiss was deep and passionate, a fusion of two souls that had been longing to connect. Jamie's heart raced as she lost herself in the moment, her mind consumed by the sheer intensity of the experience.

But as their lips parted, an undeniable tension filled the room. The air crackled with a mixture of desire and confusion as Jamie and Cole locked eyes, both unable to tear their gaze away from one another.

Jamie's mind raced, filled with a mix of conflicting emotions. Hatred for Cole was supposed to be the dominant feeling, but in that moment, it felt clouded by something more. There was an unspoken connection between them that transcended any animosity she harbored.

Cole's expression mirrored her own inner turmoil, his eyes reflecting a blend of surprise, longing, and perhaps even regret. It was as if a door had been opened, revealing a whole new side to their relationship that neither of them had ever dared to explore.

Their silence lingered, tension suffusing every inch of the room. The others watched in stunned silence, unsure of what came next. It was a pivotal moment, both exhilarating and terrifying all at once.

In a flicker of defiance, Jamie took a step back, breaking the spell their kiss had cast. She forced a coldness into her voice as she managed to utter, "Don't mistake this for anything more than a momentary lapse, Cole."

Cole's shoulders slumped, the weight of the situation settling upon him. He nodded, finding his voice with a hint of remorse. "Well obliviously, Sunshine."

A palpable heaviness hung in the air, their unspoken attraction simmering beneath the surface. They both knew that their paths were entangled, no matter how vehemently they tried to deny it.

With a deep exhale, Jamie turned away, her heart pounding with a mix of conflicting emotions. She could feel the eyes of the others on her, their curiosity and concern unspoken. But in that moment, she needed to retreat and collect her thoughts, attempting to reconcile the unexpected chemistry that had ignited between her and Cole.

Little did they know, this shared moment would forever linger in the depths of their hearts, shaping their interactions in ways they could never anticipate. The tension between them, once sparked, could not be easily extinguished, and their lives would forever be intertwined in a delicate dance of love and hate.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 103 9
This is a ZoroXLuffy story so it is gay. these are not my characters there from the anime and manga One Piece. This story begins a little after Robin...
13.3K 268 13
!SEQUAL TO EVENTUALLY! - he turned to me and said with eyes so empty, "I hate you Ellie Conklin." I tilted my head, knowing the truth, "you adore m...
59.6K 946 31
The hustle and bustle of the Walter household was nothing of a shock for Lilly Evans' heart as she stepped through the door, but when it came down to...
156K 7K 59
แ€แ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€™แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Šแ€ญแ€ฏ ร— แ€žแ€…แ€นแ€…แ€ฌแ€™แ€พแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€ฑแ€ธแ€กแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€™แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€„แ€บแ€ธแŠ[+]แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแ€™แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแ€…แ€ฝแ€ฌแ€•แ€ซแ€แ€„แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€šแ€ทแ€บแ€กแ€แ€ฝแ€€แ€บแ€˜แ€ฌแ€กแ€€แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€›แ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€…แ€ฌแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€กแ€Šแ€ฎ แ€™แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€œแ€ป...