Arranged | JAKE ENHYPEN

By chxlasz_

๐— ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ท๐—ถ'๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น-๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป ๐˜„๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter 0: Prologue
1: The start

2: First Impression

571 29 37
By chxlasz_

"Where's Jake?"

Mr. Sim, perplexed, confronts his three other sons. Heeseung, the man closest to him, opens his mouth to respond to his father.

"Jake... he is still sleeping." Heeseung laughed lightly.

"What? Why is he still asleep? It's past 1 pm—"

"He was a drunk mess last night—mph!" Sunghoon continued, but his sentence was cut short when Jay cupped his little foul mouth.

"What!" Mr. Sim exclaimed in surprise before turning his gaze to his future in-laws. He cracks a small smile before letting out an awkward chuckle.

"J-jake can be a handful at times!" But I can confirm he is still a nice boy..." he nervously chuckled before indicating to one of the maids to wake him up and get him ready.

The brothers take their seats next to their father before turning their attention to the family across the dining table. Their eyes were focused on hers, making her heart thump loudly.

She examines the brothers quietly, beginning with the eldest. Heeseung.

He has to be the oldest; besides, I am better off with older men. His eyes are so stunning that they almost put me into a coma if I'm exaggerating, and his smile is so pretty too.

Jay... wow, his facial structure is out of this world. He appears to be very mature as well, based on how he is currently dealing with his younger brother.

Next to him... Sunghoon? I find him a little intimidating. But he is stunning. The mole definitely drew my attention; it complements his facial features perfectly.

"My name is Heeseung, and it is a pleasure to meet you." Heeseung abruptly speaks, drawing Minji's attention. His smile is reassuring, but she can see his eyes trembling with anxiety.

Why is he so tense? Is it my beauty? Tch.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Minji. Seo Minji." A small smile appears on her lips, and she bows slightly to show respect. Though her heart is almost popping out of her chest due to nervousness, she still has to put on a confident look.

"My name is Jay, and I'm a year younger than Heeseung."

In comparison to Heeseung, his eyes appear relaxed, as if he is willing to risk it all. He's my second choice then. She thought to herself. Minji nods her head, her gaze shifting to the person next to Jay.

"I'm Sunghoon, I'm the youngest." He speaks casually, not even daring to look at her in the eyes.

Sunghoon, on the other hand, is even worse. He did not even bother to look at her. Are you that afraid to look at me?

"They all have a one-year age difference, so Heeseung is 26, Jay is 25, Jake is 24, and Sunghoon is 23." Mr. Sim explains, patting Heeseung on the back as he speaks.

"All right, gentlemen. Tell her about your profession and passion!"

Heeseung looks around, unsure whether he should begin. "Well, I worked in the business industry, following in Mr. Sim's footsteps." He offers a small smile.

Min-ji's eyes lit up when he heard the word "business." "Business as well?" That is amazing." For the time being, Heeseung has checked everything on her list. From handsome, tall, polite, well-dressed, older than her, pretty smile, and working as a businessman? Bingo!

Minji nods in understanding, putting him at the top of the list. In some ways, he appears to be about to kneel on the floor to ensure that Minji does not choose him. There must be a reason for that terrified look on his face.

"Jay?"

"Um, well, I am a chef." He beams.

Chef? Again, bingo.

He is attractive, tall, and polite, and he can definitely cook. I am confident I can count on him.

"Ah, a chef?" That is lovely." Minji speaks, eliciting a small thank you from his mouth. He is definitely a husband material based on how he speaks and listens to others.

Great, it's getting easier I see.

"Well, in my case..."

Minji directs her attention to the icy-cold male sitting farthest away, expecting an answer.

"I am an ice skater," Sunghoon says as he sips the juice that the maid has just poured for him.

"Sunghoon is competing in National soon!" Mr. Sim proudly exclaims with a big smile.

Min-ji stares in impressment, the brothers indeed have a great career path. And having great athletic ability, Sunghoon checked one of her boxes. Though he is great, judging by how he is acting in front of her, he might be the last choice for her.

I do not need another person with an attitude.

"I heard that you like older men?" Sunghoon speaks again, this time staring Minji in the eyes.

Her brow furrowed in surprise, "S-sorry?"

"Great! Looks like I'm not your type. I am obviously younger than you, but I have two brothers from whom you can choose." Sunghoon fakes a chuckle while pointing to his two brothers who are staring at him strangely.

Mr. Sim appears surprised by his youngest son's sarcastic remark, and the atmosphere quickly becomes awkward. Minji is not sure how to react to Sunghoon's open rejection or the pressure on her shoulder as she looks around at the other brothers.

Did he just... embarrass me?

I, too, have my dignity.

Minji also fakes a laugh before looking him in the eyes. "Thank you, but I do not intend to choose you as well."

The icy male smirk turns into a frown as he rolls his eyes. He turns away, crossing his arms and not saying anything. Right, having someone with an attitude would cause hell.

Now...

Back to my top two.

Heeseung and Jay.

"Well, I am just making it clear to you..."

Jay abruptly breaks the heavy tension in the dining room, drawing everyone's attention to him.

Jay says with a small smile on his lips, "I have a girlfriend." He speaks confidently, almost as if he is been waiting to say that for a long time.

Mr. Sim was once again taken aback by his second son. "Jay, you have a girlfriend? "How come you did not tell me?"

"Well, it is just a matter of finding the right time." And now is the time."

"I apologise if I made you feel uncomfortable, Minji." Jay returns her gaze, bowing slightly to express his regret. Minji promptly returns his bow; at the very least, he knows how to be respectful.

Gosh...

I am out of options.

Heeseung—

"Wait! Before you make a decision!"

Heeseung stands up from his chair, looking nervous. "You should be aware that I am a workaholic." I refuse to have a partner, and... we are already on the same career path, right?"

Mr. Sim chuckles nervously, seeing all of his sons are showing no interest in getting married to Minji, causing him to stay silent. He probably didn't expect that.

"I think it might be better to choose someone with a different profession... so that... you can get along well." He stammered as he spoke, attempting to sound cheerful.

Someone else has simply rejected me. Directly in front of my face.

Minji smiles awkwardly, unsure of what to do. She has no choice. Heeseung was refusing with his entire body, Jay has a girlfriend, and Sunghoon? Nah. He is a tough-as-nails male version of her, and she can not bear the thought of another version of herself.

"Well, my sons have introduced themselves to you; you are free to choose any of my sons!"

"Remember Minji, don't even think about whatever excuses they're telling you. Heeseung! You can manage working while being a husband, Jay! There's no ring on your finger yet so I don't see any problem, and Sunghoon! Age is just a type, you don't blatantly refuse someone's proposal okay!" Mr. Sim lectures his sons with a slightly threatening voice, before covering it up with a giggle to reduce the tension.

Shit.

Everyone in the room is staring at me.

The maids, too?

Fuck.

The stress is getting to me.

Heeseung?

Jay?

Sunghoon?

Wait...

I have not met the other son yet.

What about Jake?

That is insane for me to just pick someone I have never met.

"I hope you are aware of what you are doing..." Sunghoon's voice was threatening as he stared at her intently.

There will be a WW-3 if I ever pick Sunghoon...

"I know you are a good person; you would never do that..." Jay speaks with a soothing smile, completely trusting Minji's decision not to choose him.

And if I choose Jay, will I be considered as a homewrecker?

"I am the same as you, Minji... we are on the same path, and I am not interested in having any relationships." Heeseung tried to sound nice, but Minji could see his nervous eyes pleading with her not to choose him.

Heeseung is just like me. We had no choice.

What have I done to deserve this?

"My goal is to have someone I can rely on while I focus on my business." I will not choose Heeseung as my husband because he must be equally busy."

"While Jay, I respect your relationship." I would never do something like that."

"Sunghoon, yes." I dislike younger males because they are difficult to care for and can be irritating at times."

Sunghoon scoffs loudly, but at the same, the three of them look relieved. The three elders turn to face the female, perplexed, wondering who she will choose if she does not choose any of them.

"Minji... it is only for business connections." You do not have to think about it too hard..." Mrs. Seo tries to calm her down when she notices Minji's tense posture.

Right.

I hope I made the right decision.

"I..."

"I'll choose Jake to be my husband."

——

Sim Jake

"Sim Jake, congratulations!" Woohoo!" Sunghoon screams inside the massive bedroom before leaping onto Jake's bed, which is still sound asleep.

Jake groans in frustration when he hears his annoying brother's screaming, and he covers himself with the thick blanket.

"Get out of my room! My hangover has not gone away since last night!" His voice sounds muffled under the thick blanket, but enough to let him hear.

Sunghoon smiles sheepishly as he pulls the blanket off his body. "Get out of bed, you idiot; you are no longer a child to be looked after."

Jake sighs heavily and rubs his eyes. "And?"

"And you need to man up!"

"What the hell are you on about?" Jake scoffs, attempting to close his eyes once more.

"I can not wait to wear the tailored blazer I have been saving for special occasions!" Finally, I can put it on!"

"What occasions?" Jake asks his younger brother while keeping his eyes closed.

"What else?"

"Your wedding!"

Jake blinks open his eyes, turning to face his brother, who is beaming brightly. "What wedding? I am not even dating—"

"Do not worry, Seo Minji will soon be your wife." Sunghoon laughs, which causes him to open his eyes. What is he doing?

"All right, what prank are you planning now?" Because it is not working." Jake leans back in his massive bed, staring into Sunghoon's eyes. He no longer feels sleepy, forcing his spinning head to focus.

"He is not joking with you, Jake."

Jake and Sunghoon turn to face the voice, revealing Heeseung and Jay with a relieved smile.

"You are going to get married."

The bedroom falls silent before Jake bursts out laughing like a lunatic. "Am I still a little tipsy?" I believe I only drank a couple of glass..."

"If you do not believe us, go outside and look for your future wife." But they are leaving, so you would better hurry." Jay addressed the perplexed child calmly, which caused Jake's eyes to widen.

Suddenly, a message tone rang on his phone, prompting him to check it. His eyes widened as he realised the notification was true...

From Seo Minji.

Unknown number

Hello, my name is Seo Minji, and I apologise for not being able to properly introduce myself to you today.

But I am sure you have heard of me through your father.

I would love to get to know you better tomorrow at Skydin Cafe at 11 a.m.

I will see you soon.

What is with the formality? Is she writing an email?

"Who's that?" Jay questions.

Jake gulps his saliva, "Guys..."

"Is the wedding arrangement with that family supposed to be today?"

"Mhm, the maids tried to wake you up, but you refused—"

"And!" Jake abruptly cuts him off.

"And?"

"She still chose me despite the fact that I did not even show up!"

"Is she insane?!?"

Picture waking up after a night of partying, only to discover that you're unexpectedly marrying a complete stranger. Adding to the shock, instead of hearing it from the woman who chose you as her husband, you're informed by your brothers. That's the bewildering sensation he's experiencing.

Jake began yelling and hurling pillows around, expressing his rage. The other brothers sigh as they see Jake throwing tantrums like a child, leaving his bedroom without saying anything.

"You can scream all you want, but Dad will not change his mind."

"That's the first mistake Minji has made, choosing Jake." Sunghoon chuckles, glancing at his older brother who slowly nods in agreement. The three brothers walk away, not saying a word.

Jake puts down whatever he is doing and dashes to the balcony. That is when he notices a family dressed up in finery and, of course, a female with elegant attire who piqued his interest, Seo Minji walking out of the mansion.

They're right.

The family is about to leave.

——

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Minji." We should have dinner together again with Jake." Mr. Sim enthusiastically shakes the hand of his future daughter-in-law.

Minji smiles at the elder, thankful that she will have caring and loving future in-laws. "Of course, we can do that."

They said their final goodbyes before getting into the car.

"Yah!"

The car drives slowly to the gate, leaving the mansion. But for some reason, she wanted to turn her head behind to see. Her eyes went wide upon seeing a male in satin pajamas, and messy hair screaming and shouting from a balcony.

Is that...

Jake?

Well... he seems a little familiar.

"You're one crazy woman to choose me! Argh! Why did you have to ruin my life!"

Minji can't listen to what he's saying, but she's so sure that the male is cursing out loud.

"I think I heard someone screaming, do you hear that?" Minji's mother suddenly spoke, making her look at her in denial.

"N-no... there's no one screaming." she fakes a laugh, turning to see him again.

He looks insane.

My first impression of him is bad.

God, I made the wrong decision.

——

Vote and comment if you enjoyed ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

913K 21K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
745K 27.4K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
193K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...