Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
52
53

51

598 11 1
By MayLarie10

*edited*

I woke up to an empty bed. My hand slapped his side expecting to hit his warm skin, but he wasn't there. I sat up holding the sheet over my chest as I looked to the bathroom, but he wasn't there either.

"Alec?" I called, but no answer. 

I got up and changed quickly. When I opened the bathroom door he was standing there with a tray of food.

"You weren't supposed to wake up yet, I just left," He sighed. He set the tray of food on the bed.

"Yeah, well you just left and I felt your absence," I sat down next to him. "Why the breakfast?" 

He kissed me, as I looked at the few flowers he had don't the tray. He picked flowers from the greenhouse.

"Because today is our wedding day and I want my beautiful wife-to-be to have a good breakfast now that she is back home with me," He kissed me again.

"We are getting married tonight?" I asked.

"If everything goes according to plan, we will be married tonight." He brushed my hair behind my shoulder. His thumb grazed over my burned skin. "Then I get to call you my wife."

"Does this mean you do what I say?" I teased.

My fingers moved with his. He always felt like putty in my hands when I needed to fidget. He always let me. I moved his wedding band around his finger seeing both birthstones.

"I already do that." He kissed my cheek.

"You do." I reached for a piece of bacon and took a bite. I offered it to him and he took a bite too. "So Husband what's the plans for the day?"

"My mother is trying to get it all together while I try and run the institute for today. So for now we sit and eat our breakfast. We ignore everything outside that door until you're ready to face the day and then tonight I'm going to marry the love of my life." He leaned closer to me.

"And you will never ever leave me," I kissed him before putting a piece of bacon in his mouth making him laugh as he shoved my hand away. My smile fell away as I watched him. I wanted to marry him more than anything, but I had a lot of doubts. 

"What?" His smile fell.

"What if you leave me?" He stared at me for a moment. "I'm not the easiest person to love. I'm not normal. I have a lot of issues, what if you get tired of me like my Mom did? Like my father did, like Clary did." I

t was a slight moment of weakness, but I had to say it out loud. Alec moved off the bed coming around to my side as he knelt in front of me taking my hands in his.

"Lena Rhys," He took a deep breath. "I love you. I will always love you no matter how many years, how many arguments, or however many sacrificial attempts you make. I'm sorry that no one cared for you like they should've and that so many people have turned their backs on you when you needed them, but I am not them. I never will be like that. If you call I'm there, if you ask something I will do it. I've known you for many years, but this relationship is new, if you are having doubts about getting married already I will call it off immediately—."

"Alec, no," I interrupted. 

The way he was kneeling in front of me made me feel like he was surrendering himself to me completely. I knew he would do anything for me. 

"I would like to point out that you are kneeling to me." I smiled.

"Always," Alec nodded.

"I love you, but I'm just scared for the future," I admitted. "There's just this pit in my stomach and it won't go away."

"Then don't think that far ahead, Lena. We can face the future together like we face every day together." He tightened his grip on my hands. "I wouldn't want to face it with anyone else."

"You're my family," I smiled. He kissed my knuckles. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize for being scared Lena, everyone is scared all the time just most are better at hiding it than others." I leaned forward allowing him to kiss me softly.

"Okay, well now that I'm good. Sit, eat," I demanded. 

He laughed and moved around the other side of the bed as we both ate together. When we were finished I stared at the door. I didn't want to leave. We were fine in here. The moment we walk out that door something is going to happen. It always did.

"Are you ready?" He asked. He put the tray on one of the side tables. 

"Today will be good," I nodded. My gut didn't agree with my words, but I pulled the door open with Alec's hand in mine. His fingers touched my ring. I smiled over my shoulder at him.

"It's going to be a good today." Alec kissed my temple.

***

"So it's happening tonight?" Clary smiled. She had my arm in hers as we walked.  I nodded. "Ah, I'm so happy for you. I don't know a better couple more suited for each other." My cheeks burned.

"You and Jace," I argued. Isabelle stepped into our paths. "And you and Simon," Isabelle looked guilty as she stared at Clary.

"So you aren't mad?" She asked.

"Why would I be mad? My two favorite people are together. Everyone is perfect together in my opinion," Clary hooked arms with Isabelle.

"I feel like you would ship me with a wall," I joked. She smiled and hit my arm.

"No, but seriously, I can't talk to Alec while you're in the room cause he won't listen to anyone but you," Clary pointed out. I shook my head, but Isabelle nodded.

"She's not being dramatic it's true. I was trying to talk to him a few weeks ago for five minutes and he didn't hear a word I said until you came toward us," She laughed. 

I smiled and crossed my arms. Hearing it from the others just made me love him so much more. I know I love him and he says he loves me. I can see it, feel it, but the others just confirming it with what they see made me melt. Alec was everything to me.

"Back to you and Simon," I said. "I've been watching you both flirt for long enough."

"I know, but it's all just so new," Isabelle smiled. "I'm following in your and Alec's steps proudly showing off my partner."

"Well, I'm happy for you. Are you bringing him to the wedding tonight?" I asked.

"That's the plan."

"By the way, why aren't you dealing with any of the plans?" Clary said.

"Yeah, well Alec, Magnus, and Maryse have all of that covered we've been wanting to get married for a bit now." I laughed a little. "So I'm here to work and cover for him while he deals with our wedding. He's particular anyway so I will let him have his way."

"Ah, you know him so well," Isabelle sighed. "You should relax. We need to have a girl's evening." 

"Yeah, if I've got time, I want to stay with both of you before," I added.

"We gotta go," Clary tapped my arm as she moved for the doors. Underhill was stopping Luke from entering. "Underhill it's okay. It's my Dad." Clary stepped past him to hug Luke.

"Ah It's so good to see you," Luke smiled. 

"Are those runes?" I asked. He leaned back showing me the markings.

"Yeah," He chuckled as he held up a stele. "The Praetor injected me with some of the serum and instead of becoming mundane, I became what I was before. A shadow hunter. It's where I'm meant to be. Fighting by your sides," He smiled at both of us.

"That's amazing Luke," Clary smiled. "I'm happy for you."

"I wanted to stop by and say I'm happy for you, Lena. But I have to go to Alicante so I will unfortunately be missing your wedding," He sighed. I gave him a short nod.

"It's really last minute so I don't blame you," I smiled. He stepped forward giving me a hug. "Now get to Alicante you shadow hunter." He moved through the institute looking for our Warlock.

"Lena, do you see that?" Clary pointed forward down a hall. I stared in that direction, but it was just people at the table.

"What?" She shook her head.

"Nothing," She smiled. "I'm going to go check something. You need to relax." 

I nodded watching her walk away. She was following something, but I didn't know what. Maybe she didn't even know.

"Lena," Jace came toward me with a smile. "Congratulations." He hugged me. 

"Thanks," I laughed.

"I know we've had our differences and I've been a pain, but I do like you. Just so you know," He said. I stared at him with an odd smile as I tried not to laugh. "I'm not good at this."

"I can tell, you better be better with my sister because this is rough. I mean Alec is even better than this," I hit his arm. He smirked.

"What I'm trying to say is that I don't think Alec would have matched anyone else as perfectly as you both fit together. All these years he's been thinking about you. The strange girl from the shadows. That's what we used to call you."

"Mm love it." I joked.

"I'm glad Alec has someone like you in his life and I'm happy he knows to keep you around." He put his hand on my shoulder. "Your family. You always were in a way. I'm happy I met you and we were able to get close."

"So you could sleep with my sister," I joked.

"Oh come on!" He threw his hands in the air. "I'm trying to be heartfelt right now." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah, well you're doing great. I think of you as family too, you know. An odd older brother," I added. "Now go check on Clary."

"Is she okay?" His smile faltered. I nodded.

"She's always better with you," I gave him a gentle push as he left me. 

Since he was checking on her, I could go look over the institute. Everything was fine in New York, but there were a lot of warnings about demon attacks in other places.

"Lena," Alec appeared beside me. My phone buzzed.

"What's going on?" He pulled me into a tight hug. Something was wrong. He let out a long breath.

"I'll explain once everyone gathers," He said. He moved through the crowd going to the top of the stairs.

"Hey," Clary whispered. Jace and Isabelle came towards us as well.

"We've just been informed that a string of demon attacks have been taken at 13 institutions worldwide with massive casualties both mundane and shadowhunter." Clary and I looked at one another. Could it be Jonathan? "Whoever or whatever is carrying out these attacks is not stopping. And there are several other institutes unaccounted for."

"What about Los Angeles, have you heard from them?" Isabelle asked. Max was there.

"Nothing yet." Alec sighed.

"I'm going there right now," Isabelle said. "Clary can you make me a portal—." A monitor behind us started beeping.

"Wait! Hold up. Look at this," Underhill called. He pointed at the monitors. It was an incoming call. We moved toward it. Alec stood just behind me as I answered.

"Hello, hello, can you hear me?" Robert asked. His face appeared on the screen.

"Dad, yes. What happened?" Alec asked. Max appeared on screen as well. Isabelle gripped my hand.

"Jonathan Morgenstern attacked the LA institute minutes ago," Robert sighed.

"I knew it." I breathed. Clary and I looked at one another.

"How many casualties?" Alec asked. Both Max and Robert looked down.

"He killed everyone except me and Max," Robert admitted. Max couldn't even look up at the camera. "He only left us alive to give this message to his sisters. He's taking down every institute in the world, and he's saving New York for last."

"Why?" Jace asked.

"He wants them to watch the world die, knowing that it's all their fault. Lena," Robert swallowed his spit. "He said something else for you too. He said that you were right." 

I blinked hard as my eyes burned. I was right about many things, but I knew exactly what he was talking about. The Jonny I knew, the brother I loved, was dead. He died the moment Valentine sent him to Edom. I moved through the crowd feeling someone grab my hand. I moved to a table near the side pulling up all the attacks on the monitors. Any type of footage.

"What are you right about?" Clary asked. I ignored her as I pulled up more footage seeing something on Instagram. It was a surfacing video of Jonathan. He had white hair, and black wings, and his eyes were black. He could drop bodies with a glance. "Lena."

"He's not showing any signs of slowing down," Alec said. Jace and Isabelle were next to us now. Magnus and Simon joined quickly. "Denver and Chicago have already been hit. Hundreds of shadow hunters and at least 80 mundanes have already been killed." I clenched my jaw. I shouldn't have let myself be happy til he was dead.

"The news is calling it a string of chemical attacks," Simon said. "People are being told to stay indoors."

"Lorenzo and I have the warlock community at the ready," Magnus added. I shook my head.

"We're detecting a strong demonic presence in Toronto." Jace interrupted. He moved his hand up from the table showing us the block of Toronto.

"The same energy signature we've seen in the other attacks," Isabelle crossed her arms.

"He's heading to the Toronto Institute," Alec said.

"I'll assemble a team." Jace nodded.

"No."

"Not yet," Alec grabbed his arm. "I'm not sending anyone on a suicide mission. This is not the same Jonathan as before. He's more powerful than ever."

"I'll go," I said.

"We'll stop him." Clary leaned closer to me our arms touching slightly.

"That's not going to happen," Alec shook his head.

"He won't hesitate to kill any of you," I reasoned. "He won't kill us."

"Can you be a hundred percent sure about that?" Jace asked. Clary hesitated for a moment, but I knew.

"I know our brother. He won't hurt us. He won't hurt Clary."

"And what if you're wrong?" Simon asked.

"It's too much of a gamble," Isabelle shook her head.

"How many more people have to die?" Clary asked.

"We're the only ones who can end it. Let us do this," I looked at Alec. His jaw was clenched as he stared at me. One hell of a way to start the day of my wedding.

"What happens if you both go out there and you can't take him out? He's pretty much invincible now." Jace said.

"Not against me." Clary shook her head.

"If anyone can kill Jonathan it's his own blood," I reasoned. Alec crossed his arms as he stared at me. "It's the only way." 

"We'll be right behind you," Alec said.

"We'll be there to back you up," Simon nodded.

"Any of you come anywhere near him your dead," Clary shook her head.

"No one comes anywhere near him," I looked at Alec. "I mean that. None of you can be seen by him. We have to do this alone." Alec closed his eyes taking in a deep breath. "Alec, I know I'm sorry, but this is the only way. I'll be back before the music starts." I tried to joke, but no one smiled.

"We'll be watching you on the monitors. Anything goes wrong and we'll be right there," He explained. That was suicide if they appeared. They couldn't show themselves to him.

"Uh Magnus, I'm going to need you to portal us there," Clary muttered. I gave her an odd look. "We've never been to Toronto." Magnus hesitated but nodded.

"Of course," He smiled. Alec moved around the table.

"I told you I wasn't going to let you out of my sight," He sighed. I gave him a sad smile.

"Yeah, well we both kind of knew that was a lie," I said. "It'll be fine."

"You say that every time, Linny." He rested his forehead against mine. "Please come back to me."

"I've got this, we've got this," I assured him my hands gripping his wrists softly. "We have to end this." He kissed me briefly before pressing another kiss to my forehead. Isabelle hugged me next.

"You're so badass," She breathed.

"I guess I won't be getting that girl's evening," I smiled and she rolled her eyes. Magnus came forward.

"You got this Bean, I have no doubts," Magnus kissed the top of my head making me laugh.

"Thanks," I smirked. "Dad," I said in an odd voice. "I'm sorry I wanted to try it." He pulled me into another hug.

"You're braver than any I've met in centuries," He whispered.

"Thanks."

"We ready," Clary asked. 

I nodded as she took my hand. She interlaced our fingers until our knuckles were white. We had one shot at this. Magnus moved his hands creating a portal. I looked over my shoulder at Alec as we stepped through.

"You took your time." Jonathan smiled.

"We're unarmed. We just want to talk." Clary said. I stepped forward a few feet his eyes moving to me.

"I knew you'd come. You always come Sissy," He gave me a tight smile. "It's kind of ironic." He looked over to Clary. "All those years I needed you, you were never there."

"Well, I'm here now," Clary said. I moved closer to him as his eyes stayed on Clary. "Just stop the killing."

"Stay back, Clary. Or I will end you, too." He snapped. His eyes moved to me.

"Jonny," I muttered. "I'm here." He closed his eyes for a moment.

"Jonathan we're family. We've always been connected. When you were in Edom, screaming for me, I dreamt of you." Clary stepped forward. We both were slowly making our way closer and closer to him.

"We were just kids, Jonny," I said. 

"You dreamt of me?" He asked. Clary nodded.

"We've always been connected," I repeated her words. "Jonathan our parents were the ones who destroyed our relationship. What Valentine did you, no child should have to suffer. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, but I want you to know that I will always be indebted to you for saving my life." My eyes watered as he stared at me. 

"He beat me," He muttered. "He beat me and beat me."

"I'm sorry," I said. "You've always been my big brother. I've never had that before. I didn't understand the small sacrifices you've had to make all your life for me. For you little sister, until it was too late." I moved closer to him. "Do you remember how I told you stories about Clary?" He nodded. Clary stepped to my side.

"I would ask—I would ask about our brother. I would ask about you and she would tell me everything. Lena would smile and laugh. When I heard we had a brother I wanted to meet you so badly. I wanted to know you, but that was taken from me. From us. You were taken from us."

"We've only ever wanted to be a family," I muttered. Tears pooled in my eyes. "I only ever wanted to protect you the way you protected me, big brother." Jonathan reached forward grasping one of my shoulders as a tear fell. 

"You were my family. You were my brother. All my life I've felt like I didn't belong. My family didn't love me, but that wasn't true because you do. I've always had you Jonny and you've always had me. Even in the dark times of the basement, we had each other. This family will always hurt us. Always, but I will love you through it all. Okay?" Jonathan shook his head for a moment. I cupped his cheek.

"I mean it, Jonny. I was wrong. I know there's a part of you that wants to be a family again. That's all you've ever wanted. You deserve so much more love than you've ever been shown and so sorry I couldn't give it to you." Jonathan pulled me forward hugging me as he cried.

"I love you too Sissy," He whispered. I leaned back and kissed his cheek.

There was only one way.

"Always," I smiled. Clary came forward tears streaming down her face.

"You've always been the boy in the tower," She sobbed. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you then, but let me save you now." Jonathan hugged her. She pulled her stele free drawing a rune on her hand. I watched as she grew white wings. They wrapped around his body.

"Clary, Clary you hurting me," He gasped. "Lynn, sissy please I can't—I can't breath." 

I sobbed as Clary started shushing him. My hand went to my heart trying to soothe the pain. He looked so scared. He didn't want to die, he'd fought so hard, but this was the only way.

"I love you," I moved forward. He looked at me with fear in his eyes. "You know I love you."

"Always." He uttered. A tear slid down his cheek.

Clary gently let go of him as cracks formed on his skin. I moved forward falling to my knees as his eyes closed. His hair went from white to it's red. Clary and I both sobbed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I sobbed as I put a hand to his chest. There was no heartbeat. "I'm so sorry."

"We saved him," Clary cried. "Ave atque vale." I shook my head pressing my forehead to his.

"We were just kids," I sobbed.

"Lena."

"We were just kids raised by the wrong people," I looked up at her. "He was just a little boy wanting his family's love. I couldn't save—I owed him my life and I couldn't save him."

My whole life I'd been complaining about how people just kept turning their back on me, but what about him? What about Jonny? He had no one who treated him right. I had Magnus. I had Alec, Iz, and Jace now, but Jonathan had no one. Ever.

"Like you said before," She took a deep breath. "This was the only way to save him now." Clary kissed his forehead. "Goodbye, Jonathan. Goodbye." She stood up.

"I'll see you again, Jonny." I ran my hands down my face.

"No." Clary breathed. I turned to look at her staring at her bare arm.

"What?" My body shuddered.

"Nothing, I'm sorry," She reached for me. I took her hand as she pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you so much, Lena. you are my sister, my twin, my other half, my family and I will always love you."

"I will always love you," I told her. She leaned back and nodded as she cupped my cheeks.

"I'm sorry for how I acted before—." I shook my head.

"We've already been there. It's forgiven. I remember when we were younger and now that's all that matters." I smiled. "We have each other. You're my twin, my other half." 

She sobbed as I pulled her close to me. My hand pressed to the back of her head as I kissed her forehead. A portal opened in front of me. Alec and Jace came through and a few other guards were ready to pick up his body and deal with the others.

"Clary," Jace said. She turned and grabbed onto him. I looked at Alec as he walked up to me. My eyes were puffy. I looked horrible.

"Linny," Alec breathed. I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't. I just leaned forward holding him close to me as I fought the urge to cry some more. I was getting married in a few hours. "I'm going to push off the wedding—."

"No," I leaned back. I went from a contained sob to letting out a long breath. "No. We aren't pushing this off. I want something positive from this day. I want to marry you. We won, we beat the evil for now. I'm not wasting the chance of peace. I love you too much to wait any longer Alexander." He gave me a soft smile and kissed me before pulling me into another tight hug.

"Whatever you would like, Lena. I'll do whatever you ask." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.7K 40
"You rise, I fall I stand, you crawl You twist, I turn Who's the first to burn." I...
12K 318 21
------"π™·π™Ύπš† π™²π™Ύπš„π™»π™³ πšˆπ™Ύπš„ π™·πš„πšπšƒ 𝙰 π™»π™Έπšƒπšƒπ™»π™΄ 𝙺𝙸𝙳? 𝙸 𝙲𝙰𝙽'πšƒ π™΅π™Ύπšπ™Άπ™΄πšƒ, 𝙸 𝙲𝙰𝙽'πšƒ π™΅π™Ύπšπ™Άπ™Έπš…π™΄ πšˆπ™Ύπš„ π™²π™°πš„πš‚π™΄ π™½π™Ύπš† οΏ½...
2.7M 73.3K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...