Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53

50

554 12 1
By MayLarie10

*edited*

LENAS POV

Lilith has come back from her trip to I don't know where, but she came back pissed. Demons have been in and out of her little throne room as she spoke to them. Something was happening and it wasn't good.

"What's going on?" I leaned against the wall.

"Nothing," She gave me a tight smile.

"That was a lie," I said. "I thought family didn't lie to one another." She let out a long breath.

"I wanted to go back and kill Jonathan for what he did, but someone wouldn't let me out." She muttered. I stared at her.

"What do you mean? Someone," I breathed. 

I moved toward one of the windows and saw the seal on the rift. The demons were flying around, but they couldn't go through. I knew that blue hinted magic anywhere. I tried to move, but she held me still with her magic. Magnus was here. He was here.

"Family doesn't abandon family," She said. 

She spun me around her magic burning my arms. She walked toward me her finger trailing up my neck. I could feel my skin blister under her touch.

"I can convince him," I whispered. She moved her hand back releasing me. I huffed and took in a deep breath. "He thinks of me as a daughter I can convince him to do whatever you ask."

"I'm working on that already," She smiled. I looked up at the sky seeing the demons hoarding.

"Do you really think you can beat Amodeous's son in hell? This is his domain and his magic is much stronger here." I warned. She stared at me. "What do you want?"

"I want him to see me as an equal. I want to go through and kill Jonathan." She reached for me, but I stepped back. "I want to murder that bastard. I've given him everything, I've given him love and he returned the favor by trying to kill me."

"I think that may just be a Morgenstern thing," I reasoned. Family trying to kill family. She tilted her head. "I will go to him. I can convince him." 

We both stood in silence for a while until she waved her hand. I didn't waste a moment as I took off running. I didn't know how I was going to get out of this fucking castle but I was going to. I looked outside seeing the flames. Hellfire. 

My favorite. I didn't die when I came here because of the small amount of demon blood still in me. Lilith's blood still coursed through my veins.

"Come on Lena, you aren't afraid." I breathed. My hand went to my neck as I grabbed the necklace taking my ring off and sliding it back onto my finger. "You aren't afraid." 

I jumped from the window the fire catching my clothes as I fell through the air. A demon screeched as it flew below me. I grabbed onto its wing breaking my fall as we both scrambled onto the hard surface. 

It didn't appreciate my gesture. I grabbed the blade from my back watching the demon move onto its legs. Its wings expanded as it screamed at me.

I threw the blade at the creature lodging it into its chest. My body ached and every time I moved my skin felt like it was blistering quickly. I grabbed the dagger as it fell to the ground the demon disappeared. Run. I had to run. 

The faster I got to Magnus the safer I would be. I felt something in my gut telling me to go left. I had to go three something was there. I grimaced but ran around hell following my gut feeling. I couldn't see a castle from Lilith's tower, but I assumed it had to be around here somewhere I didn't know how long it would be before I ran into something.

Yelling was the first thing that caught my attention. It was familiar. I came around the corner seeing fire blasting at the demons in the air as they exploded. The fire dimmed as I saw the person. Isabelle. Isabelle?!

"When the fuck did you get fire?!" I asked. 

She turned around staring at me. I let out a laugh as she moved toward me. She went to hug me, but stopped and stepped back. I gave her a look.

"I can't, we have to find Magnus," She explained. I nodded.

"Yeah, while we go, you are going to explain this situation to me. Are there others here? They will die. Why aren't you dead?"

"When we get back to the institute I get to yell at you for a long while." She said. I nodded. "You lied to me."

"I didn't actually, Asmodeus was the one to take me early," I reasoned. "But explain this to me first. Is my sister okay?"

"We were able to make the Heavenly Fire into a sword and separate Clary from Jonathan. After that, the sword exploded and I was hit by some shrapnel. Well, it mutated my cells making my body react with the Heavenly Fire so now I come in contact with anything or anyone with demon blood I burst into flames," She explained as she waved her hand around.

"Isabelle Lightwood. You're in the most demonic realm," I glared at her. She nodded. "How long do you have?"

"What do you mean?"

"This has to be combustive, right?" I said. "I mean I more than anyone will know what certain things do to your body. It's only a matter of time before you start to combust like the sword did right if you're around too many demonic things?"

"I don't know for use," She admitted.

"I've missed you so much Iz," I sighed.

"You're burnt?" She pointed to my arms. I shrugged as we continued forward.

"It's hell," I added. "Let's just get to Magnus." We came around a corner finding Melijorn and Jace fighting other demons. She let out a blast destroying them. "Damn."

"Isabelle!" Jace smiled. "Lena!" He came over hugging me.

"Is that the keep?" Melijorn asked.

"That's Lilith's castle," I muttered. "Ironic she doesn't have flames on it anymore."

"We can take her by surprise. She won't know we are here," Jace said.

"I can kill her with my Heavenly Fire," Isabelle added.

"Nope cause that will kill you and I'm not losing anyone," I said. She gave me a side eye, but I shook my head. "I didn't come here for all of you to die."

"Let's go," Melijorn moved.

"I'm scared shitless," Jace whispered. I looked at him and then Melijorn. "I bonded with him so now I can't lie either and I'm really regretting it."

We got closer and closer to her castle. When we got inside we watched as many of the demons moved into a portal. Lilith stood there covered in demonic blood. She was completely naked.

"Lilith," Jace called. She turned smiling.

"Friends. Lena," She opened her arms. She stepped toward me, but Jace pushed me behind him.

"You're down burning her," He said.

"Family matters do not involve you Jace," She shook her head. 

Behind her, Melijorn jumped from the ruins with his spear ready to slash into her, but her wings formed before he could hit her. She turned slicing through him as she transformed into her true form flying into the sky.

"Melijorn," Isabelle ran to him.

"Oh shit," Jace said. We all knelt around him.

"It'll be alright," I put pressure on his wounds. He grimaced letting his head fall back a bit. "We got this." 

"Where do you think she's going?" Isabelle asked.

"To find Magnus, but he can handle her," I breathed. I pressed my hands down harder getting a groan from Melijorn. "Sorry. Sorry. I have to keep pressure."

"I'm dead." He breathed.

"You aren't going to die," Isabelle said.

"We are going to do everything we can," Jace explained. 

He was finally figuring out how to work his way around the Seelie truth shit cause Melijorn was going to die if we didn't get him help fast, but we were in Edom. The only help for him was us and I couldn't heal him. None of us could.

***

"Do you need some help?" Magnus. 

I couldn't help but smile even in these circumstances. He looked like usual. The same wardrobe and makeup. 

"Melijorn was attacked by Lilith. One of her wings sliced right through him," Jace said as we moved back.

"We will do everything we can," Magnus added. I moved back getting pulled into a hug by him. "I'm so sorry Bean." He let out a long breath. "I'm so so sorry for the things I did and said."

"Mag, it's fine."

"No, it's not fine, if I ever speak to you like that ever again you better beat me up," He said as he leaned back his eyes moving to my neck. "You're burned."

"It's hell." I gently pushed his hands off. "Fix Melijorn."

"Lilith is looking for me," Magnus said. He moved his hands over the wounded Seelie.

"Lena!" Alec came through the portal. A small whimper left my lips as he wrapped his arms around me. I never thought I would see him again. 

"I'm never letting go of you ever again. You understand? You are staying with me 24/7, every minute. God Linny," He breathed as he buried his head in my neck. I grimaced slightly but didn't let go of him.

"She's burned, be careful," Isabelle warned. He let go immediately looking over me. He looked at my arms, my burned shirt, and my neck.

"I feel like Jonathan," I grimaced. Clary came forward.

"Lena," She gave me a quick hug.

"Glad to see we've got you back on the right side," I said. She smiled.

"I get to yell at you after this," She pointed at me.

"Me too," Alec added. "But that's after we get married the moment we get back." I moved forward pulling Alec to me as I kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you more," I said.

"Sorry to break up this moment, but she's found us," Lorenzo said. 

Lilith dove back down toward us. Lorenzo and Magnus worked together to blast her with their magic, but it didn't do anything. Isabelle moved forward.

"No—." 

She blasted the queen with her heavenly fire until she disintegrated. Isabelle fell to her knees as the bright veins travelled up her neck. She grimaced and curled in on herself being consumed by the fire. 

"No. No. No." I knelt next to her. 

My hands shook, I was afraid to touch her. I didn't have that much demonic blood anymore, but I didn't want to make anything worse for her. She was in so much pain.

"Magnus?" Alec asked. The warlock tried, but his magic was useless.

"It's the Heavenly Fire."

"What if I draw a rune? We could all draw on her magic," Clary said. I didn't think twice before nodded.

"Do it."

"The Heavenly Fire will burn all of us with downworlder blood."

"Yeah, but we all also have Nephilim blood too," I looked at everyone. "Do it, Clary."

"It's too dangerous." Isabelle grimaced. She was rolled onto her back.

"Shut up about dangerous," I snapped. "You sound like me." Clary quickly drew the rune on each of us.

"Form a circle, hold hands," Clary instructed. 

We helped Isabelle up as we all clasped our hands. We braced ourselves as the Heavenly Fire swept through each of us. The strands of light magic made us cry out in pain as it ripped through our bodies. The fire covers us. 

A surge went up into the sky lighting it up and destroying anything demonic in its wake. We all stumbled back a few steps breathing heavily.

"Thank the angel you're okay," Alec said.

"Thank Clary," Simon moved toward Clary hugging her. I smirked at the two of them.

"Thanks, Clary," I smirked at my sister. She moved to Jace embracing him. Alec opened his arms to me as we hugged. His hand pressed to the back of my head.

"Let me see your burns, bean," Magnus muttered. Alec let me go as he looked over my body.

"Isabelle may be okay, but it appeared Edom is very much not," Lorenzo pointed at the sky. 

The light was sweeping over the realm. It struck the demons with bright lighting bruning them up. The world was on fire now, with Heavenly Fire.

"The Heavenly Fire destroyed Lilith," Simon muttered.

"But the chain reaction is destroying the entire realm," Magnus breathed.

"Then we should get out of here," Jace said.

"Wait don't we need to close the rift?" Alec asked as he gripped my hand tightly. Our fingers laced together.

"There's no reason to close it if Edom doesn't exist anymore," Magnus threw his hands out creating a portal. "Come on! Hurry!"  

Through the portal, we all went. I was second to last to go through. Magnus followed after me. We made it back into the institute each of us breathing heavily. I saw Magnus come through the portal closing it behind him.

"Well that was fun," He breathed. I let out a long sigh looking down at my burned skin.

"Here," Alec grabbed his stele from his pocket running it over my iratze.

"You can yell now," I leaned into Alec as I looked out at everyone. They all smiled.

"Maybe tomorrow, but tonight let's just stay with one another," Isabelle hugged Simon again.

"That sounds like a good plan," Magnus said. Everyone dispersed quickly. I turned to Alec.

"I'm sorry."

"I love you, but I hate your suicidal tendencies." He rested his forehead against mine. "You may not think you're more important than anyone else, but you are Lena. You are to me. You can't keep sacrificing yourself for others because you will ruin me. I won't lose you. I will do everything and anything to keep you here with me."

"It doesn't matter my position or the laws and rules that I have to break to keep me from you. I will always be fighting for you. You're important to me and for that I need you to stop trying to throw yourself into the fire." 

I ran my hand over his jaw smirking. He was right. I loved how he said it. He wanted me to know how important I was to him and to others, but I would still rather it be me than him.

"If the roles were reversed you would do the same, I know you would." I smiled and kissed him. "I love you. I love you so much it hurts me to be apart from you but the idea of you being hurt because I didn't do something is worse, Alec. I will do better, but you know me too well." He kissed my forehead.

"Let's go relax 'cause we're done with missions, for tonight at least," He kissed me as he led me through the halls back to our room. 

I was home. I was home with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
10K 604 30
This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because it's a sequel, you won't understand most...
213K 4.7K 40
"You rise, I fall I stand, you crawl You twist, I turn Who's the first to burn." I...
139K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...