Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53

49

451 10 0
By MayLarie10

*edited*

"Are you two done flirting?" Clary asked as she came in.

"I wasn't flirting," Jonathan scoffed.

"I was." The queen smiled at him. It was nauseating. She had this weird obsession with strange demonic creatures.

"We have to attend to the matter at hand," Clary stared at Jonathan as she turned to the queen. "You're people. They have something that belongs to us. So why don't you use your birds and your bees to tell the Seelie court to bring us the Morning Star sword."

"And if I don't comply?" The Queen moved her wrists. Clary punched her. The queen was surprised, but she was smiling. "I would expect this behavior from a proper Morgenstern, but not from you."

"I am a proper Morgenstern," She snapped. "Just like my brother and just like my sister," She added looking between the two of us. "I mean," Clary laughed as she got closer to Jonathan. "After all, we are one."

"So Your Highness," I moved forward as her eyes turned to me. "Where is the Morning Star sword?" 

"It's in the wander woods," She explained. Her eyes went to the others.

"Where?"

"I don't know for sure," She said. Clary stepped forward, but Jonathan grabbed her arm. "My guards will have to find it for me when we meet for the trade."

"She's telling the truth. Go get her secure, both of you," Jonathan demanded. I helped Clary as we kept the queen detained.

"I'm not your pet," I said.

We moved her into another room tying her tighter and locked the doors carefully. Clary left and went to the other room as I stared at the queen.

"Are you with them?" She asked. I left the room without answering her. Asmodeus was standing in the hallway.

"You aren't supposed to be here," I whispered. I looked into the other room seeing the other two were preoccupied still. 

"Magnus will have his magic back," He reached his hand forward wiggling his fingers. "You must go first."

"My sister isn't cured yet, I can't go with you yet," I whispered. He moved forward grabbing my arm.

"I'm sorry Lena, but the deal is a deal." He smiled. 

The ground beneath my feet was fire as I screamed. My skin burned off as I went through the portal. I hit the cracked ground and looked around. 

It was a red sky. Demons covered the skies. I had one weapon. Asmodeus wasn't around. I could hear the cry of the demons around.

"Asomedus!" I screamed. 

It wasn't my brightest moment, but I wasn't meant to come down here yet. I had to help Clary. I had to fix her. I pulled the dagger from my pocket as I looked around. I had no stele. 

This wasn't my realm. I was in danger. My best decision was to find Asmodeus's kingdom and stay there for now.

***

ALECS POV

"The towers," Isabelle muttered. 

Each one we could see lost its light as they died out. The demons were everywhere. Alicante grew dark as the sky turned red. Edom poured in from the rift Jonathan had created.

"There's no way to take them all," Jace muttered. I looked over to him both of us wearing similar expressions.

"What do we do?" Clary asked. "Is there anything we can do?" 

I could see the others getting on the guns as they tried to shoot the demons from the sky, but there were too many of them and they were still coming through the rift.

"We defend our home," Jace said. 

It was no use. Our home was dead if we didn't close that rift and we couldn't. Jonathan was gone. Lena was gone. Clary didn't know where she was and Isabelle was silent since the wander woods. 

I grabbed my bow and knocked four arrows as the creatures flew toward us. I was able to hit them, but they didn't go down. I let my bow rest at my side. We can fight all we want, but there was no stopping this. One spitfire near us, I grabbed Isabelle moving her behind me, but the fire moved and the remaining demons above us evaporated with the blue magic.

"Magnus," Clary smiled.

"Magnus, I need your help," Isabelle moved toward him.

"How do you have your magic back?" I asked.

"My father decided to give it back to me in an attempt to make amends, but I sent him to limbo," Magnus rubbed his hands together. He was ready to do something.

"No," Isabelle shook her head. Her eyes started to tear up as she stumbled back a hand went to her stomach. "No. No. No. Lena."

"Iz, what is it?" I asked. My eyes moved from her to Magnus. "What about Lena?"

"My father didn't just give me the magic did he?" Magnus asked. Isabelle blinked as the tears streamed down her face.

"What happened?" Clary asked stepping forward. "Someone explain where the hell my sister is?"

"She's in Edom," Isabelle breathed as she wiped her cheeks. "She's in Edom." 

My chest cracked as I struggled to breathe. Lena was in Edom. She had angelic blood now, she wasn't demonic. That would kill her. She would be dead. 

"I'm so sorry." She shook her head. "She told me that she wouldn't go with him. That she wouldn't until we got Clary back, but after the wander woods and this." Isabelle shook her head. "Oh god."

"What did my father ask? Just for her to go to Edom?" Magnus asked. Isabelle nodded.

"She's already dead," Jace breathed.

"Shut up!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me surprised, but I couldn't help it. They all kept things from me. Important things. "Don't ever say that! Ever!" I shook my head. "Lena isn't dead." I looked at Isabelle. "You would feel it."

"She's in Edom," Isabelle tried to explain, but I put my hand up.

"Lena isn't dead. Asmodeus would have killed her instead of forcing her to Edom. She's alive, she's just trapped," I looked up at the sky. The red split in the dark sky. Lena was there. 

My eyes burned. I couldn't save her. I couldn't go to Edom. I didn't have any demonic blood in my system. If I tried to save her I would die. All of us would die.

"I'll close the rift," Magnus interjected. "I have to go to Edom for that and when I'm there I will search for her. She could be at my father's castle." Magnus muttered. We all turned toward the sky. 

"Bean, what have you done?" Magnus touched my arm as I looked at him. "I promise, I will bring her back to you." I clenched my jaw and nodded. I feared that if I spoke I would start crying and now was not the time for that. Magnus dissapeared.

"Alec, I'm sorry," Isabelle stood next to me. "She didn't want me to tell anyone. She wasn't going to go."

"She was going to go," I whispered. My voice broke. "It's Lena, Iz. She will always go if it will help one of us."

"She will come back," Jace sniffled. Clary stood next to me as we each watched a blue magic cover the rift stopping the other demons from coming through. Alicante's aerial defense was working as fast as it could. "He will bring her back."

"Don't ever keep things like this from me," I turned to my sister. "Ever again, Isabelle." 

I didn't mess around when it came to Lena. She's already been through so much that she thinks her life is worth less than everyone else's. That wasn't true. It was selfish, but I would sacrifice others rather than her. She's done enough. She's already given so much to so many ungrateful people.

"I won't," She promised. "I can't lose her either, Alec."

"I won't lose her," I breathed. 

My hands clenched at my sides as we watched the sky slowly clear. I couldn't do anything here, but I would find a way to get to her. If it meant that I had to become a werewolf or a vampire so be it. I would do anything for her. To make sure she's okay. 

No one else seemed to sacrifice the world for Lena, but I would. She was my world and I would do anything to keep her safe. She deserved better than this. She deserved so much better than the life she had in this reality.

"If anyone can get through hell and back, it's Lena," Clary added.

"She shouldn't have to."

"Alec, I understand you're angry, but this isn't our fault," Jace reasoned. "Lena makes these decisions before any of us have time to process them. She doesn't give anyone else a chance to help her."

"That's because she won't let any of us get near that chance," I snapped. "She always makes sure we are all happy. That you and Clary are together. That you are happy, but what about me, hmm? What about my—," I took a deep breath as the lump in the back of my throat burned. I twisted the ring on my finger as tried to calm myself. "It's just not fair."

"It never is for Lena," Isabelle breathed. "We will get her back. She's my parabatai. She's a part of me and I need her with me. So if you decide on anything you have to tell me."  

Clary and Jace walked back into the building as I watched the sky. The rift was still visible, the red sky was shown through the blue tint as Magnus's magic held.

"Why is it always her?" 

I would get her back. When I do she's never leaving me again. This world may try to take her from me, but I would fight the angels to keep her with me. It wasn't fair. Lena was compassionate. 

She's done everything for the shadow world. She's protected the downworlders. She just keeps giving despite it all. Despite it hurting her, she still wakes up every day. She still smiles at me.

"She'll come home," Isabelle muttered. "Lena will always come home to us. To you, Alec." 

The love I have for Lena is nothing I've ever felt before. It hurts sometimes to think about her. I had a physical pain when I thought about her. She consumed my every moment of the day. She always worried me, I would never stop thinking about her. 

I thought about her safety, about her joy, I thought about her own thoughts, about our future. Anything and everything went through my mind when I wasn't around her. I stretched my hands as I moved from the railing. I had an institute to run and had to find a way to get her back.

Edom was another realm. Magnus was powerful, but there was still a lot of ground to cover. I had to do something because waiting for her to come to me wasn't fair. I will seek her out wherever she is, even realms apart somehow I will get to her because she needs to know that there is at least someone fighting to get back to her.

***

LENAS POV

The ground shook as a slash opened in the sky. Immediately the demons moved for it slipping through. Jonathan had gotten the sword. They didn't separate Clary.

"No," I muttered. "No." I fell to my knees. I couldn't close it from this side. I had no magic to give. I had nothing left to do, but watch. They were going to destroy my home.

"It's sad." I closed my eyes for a moment.

"Lilith, what do you want?" My eyes gleamed as I looked over at her. I was helpless. I was useless. I was trapped.

"I wanted to come to see how my daughter was fairing in Edom," She smiled. She reached her hand forward gently. "I came to bring you home with me."

"This isn't my home," I said.

"It is. Or it will be," She looked back up at the rift in the sky.

"I'm not your daughter," I pushed myself up. My hand gripping the handle of the knife.

"Jonathan indeed was more of a son than you, but both of you had my blood in your systems. You were meant to come home to me when you died. When you saved me," She smiled as she reached for my face, but I stepped back.

"I saved the downworld, but again not entirely. The sword was saved," I said. Her hand fell as she looked at me.

"I know that," She nodded. "I'm simply here to help you, Lena. I'm offering you my help, my protection." She offered as she gestured behind her. "You are stuck here I'm afraid." I clenched my jaw and looked up at the rift.

"Can you close that?"

"I can not," She offered as she turned. 

I let out a long sigh but followed after her. She would at least provide some kind of protection for me while I was down here. This was going to be my life now, but I was going to try and seal that rift. 

"Come along." 

I walked after her feeling like a child being led to their earth. It was like when someone offers candies to a child and then kidnaps them. But I had no other choice. If I wanted to stay alive it was best to make peace with the few people in this realm that would want to protect me for their reasons.

The moment I saw her castle I realized why Jonathan was always so scared and why Clary always woke up screaming. The castle was on fire. The flames crawled up the sides. It was ironic though because I knew that Lilith isn't as strong as she seems. 

She fears many in this realm even though she exudes power. She transformed and gripped my shoulder with her claws piercing my skin as she flew me toward the entrance. 

A few of the rooms here didn't have ceilings as well. My body was dropped to the ground as I rolled a bit. She transformed back into her human form as she smiled at me.

"Welcome home, my child."

"What about Jonathan?" I asked. Her face hardened.

"That ungrateful brat deserves to die for trying to kill me after everything I've done for him," Lilith walked past me toward her throne. She sat down elegantly, her legs crossed, and arms rested on the arms.

"You burned him," I breathed.

"I made him strong, he should have been thanking me," She shook her head as she checked her nails. I looked at my shoulder seeing the puncture wound from her claws. "Sorry about that sometimes I'm not as gentle as I should be."

***

ALECS POV

I had fallen asleep on my desk at work trying to think of a way to get Lena back from hell. Magnus had gone there to seal the rift from the other side. He said that he would try and find her, but it was doubtful. 

Edom was a large place and they had no idea where Asmodeus had sent Lena. Magnus had sent him to Limbo before he could figure out where.

"Alec," Simon ran in.

"What?" I stood from my chair. "Did you find her?"

"No," He breathed. My body relaxed. "It's Isabelle." I ran after him.

"What? What happened?" I asked. Was it Lena through the bond?

"We were kissing and then she was getting really warm, then all of a sudden she was just on fire," Simon threw his hands in the air. He was kissing my sister.

"Ew, wait you were kissing my sister?" I grimaced. Simon shook his head.

"You're missing the point she was on fire," He muttered. "Like literal flames all around her." We came around a corner and Isabelle was standing there.

"Iz." I breathed. She came forward hugging me tightly.

"I'm fine," She said. She leaned back and went to hug Simon but stopped.

"You were on fire, how is that fine?" Simon asked. She stepped back giving him a small smile. They were both fine. Nothing was wrong. 

"Hey," Jace came over hugging Isabelle. Clary next.

"Oh so everyone gets a hug, but me," Simon muttered.

"Simon it's not like that," Isabelle sighed. "When Heavenly Fire exploded and I was hit with shrapnel my cells were mutated and now I can't come into contact with anyone with demon blood. I can fix it, so I'm fine." She reasoned giving us all a look.

"Anything on Jonathan?" I asked Clary and Jace. They both gave me sad expressions. I caught the fire message that flew through the air. Lilith was forming an army to go against Magnus. She also has Lena with her. I didn't know what that meant by with her.

"I've got something on Lilith," I muttered. "She's trying to form an army to get to Magnus and she has Lena."

"I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing," Clary muttered.

"I mean I can try to go there—."

"Simon, I need you to turn me into a vampire," I blurted out. They all looked at me.

"What?"

"Alec, no way," Isabelle shook her head.

"It's the only way. Magnus sacrificed himself to save our world and Lena sacrificed herself to save Magnus. I have to get to her. We have to protect that rift." I said. "I can't live without her so please just let me try this."

"No way, maybe I can go down with my Heavenly Fire the atmosphere won't affect me." Isabelle reasoned. I shook my head.

"No I'm not putting anyone else in danger—."

"She's my parabatai," Isabelle said.

"She's my sister," Clary added.

"We all go. We have to keep that rift closed and Lena needs to be with her family," Jace said. "She's sacrificed too much for her not to get that happy ending she deserves. I also hate you feeling like this so if it means we have to go hell and back to get your fiance then so be it."

"I'm going to the archives looking for anything on Edom." Clary and Jace moved back.

"I'll meet you guys there," Isabelle added.

"I'm going to see what's truly going on and how big this war could get," I said. 

We all walked off in our separate directions. I twisted the ring on my finger. It was always Lena. Isabelle told me when we separated Clary from Jonathan that Lena was gone. The reason she was missing was to give Magnus his magic back. 

She was in Edom with Asmodeus. But when I went to Magnus he said he'd already banished Asmodeus. Leaving Lena trapped in Edom helpless. When I get her back I'm never letting her go ever again. She's done this too many times. 

She's always the one trying to do everything to make sure everyone else is happy or alive, but what about her? I need her. I won't live without her. I couldn't, she was my center. She was my hope, my job, she was my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
50.4K 1.3K 22
[ SLOWLY EDITING - COMPLETED ] ***WARNING: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION {CONSTRUCTION} Clarissa Morgenstern is off on a...
49.8K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
12K 318 21
------"π™·π™Ύπš† π™²π™Ύπš„π™»π™³ πšˆπ™Ύπš„ π™·πš„πšπšƒ 𝙰 π™»π™Έπšƒπšƒπ™»π™΄ 𝙺𝙸𝙳? 𝙸 𝙲𝙰𝙽'πšƒ π™΅π™Ύπšπ™Άπ™΄πšƒ, 𝙸 𝙲𝙰𝙽'πšƒ π™΅π™Ύπšπ™Άπ™Έπš…π™΄ πšˆπ™Ύπš„ π™²π™°πš„πš‚π™΄ π™½π™Ύπš† οΏ½...