Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
52
53

48

418 8 0
By MayLarie10

*edited*

"Do you have her?" Jace snapped over the phone.

"Lower your fucking tone." I hung up the phone as I moved around the corner. "Come on Clary." I breathed to myself. My phone rang again. "I swear to—."

"It's Isabelle," She interrupted.

"Okay, thank you." I sighed.

"Jace meant to say thank you Lena for staying up most of the night going after Clary while he made himself unconscious." There was noise on the other end. "Now you get back here before they get you too."

"On my way back," I hung up as I jogged back to the institute. The minute I entered they swarmed on me.

"They reinstated the kill order on Clary and Jonathan," Alec told me. I shook my head.

"Lena, we have to talk," Isabelle tried to jump in.

"We have to find my sister first," I said.

"Lena," She grabbed my arm pulling me to a stop. We held eyes at the others and stared at both of us. "Now."

"What's going on?" Simon asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing. I'll be there in a second." I told both of them as she pulled me to the side. "Iz, we've gotta find my sister."

"Alec told me you tried to get him to marry you last night," Isabelle stared at me. Her eyes the usual demanding state.

"I did, but the things have changed. We have to find my sister before her and Jonathan get the Morning Star sword. Did you get the antidote? A potent serum?" I went to move, but she grabbed my arm again.

"Lena, you have to promise me you won't make the decision to go with Asmodeus until we are finished with Clary," She stared at me. I gripped her arm right back.

"I can't just leave my sister like this," I said. She tilted her head farther. She wouldn't let me move if I didn't swear. "I promise Iz. I won't leave til we have Clary." She nodded her head letting me go as we both moved.

"Good. Good."

"Back to the serum?" I reminded her. She nodded.

"I'm still trying to make a stronger serum, but I'm almost done extracting the particles of glorious from the serum," She explained. We walked back into the others.

"You," Jace pointed at me.

"Me." I pointed at myself. "You aren't coming." I pointed at him. Jace just wanted to be there for Clary he didn't understand the situation we were in right now.

"Yes, I am." He followed after me. I walked past him toward Alec. 

"Lena, they will want you with them," Jace said. I turned around.

"Yes, and Jonathan wants nothing to do with you, what's your point?" I crossed my arms.

"Clary loves me." He said. I tried my best not to laugh in his face.

"More than her love for Jonahtan?" I asked. He let out a huff. "Mhmm, you're staying here."

"No, I already send the fire message."

"You did what?!" I snapped. "Jace, what is wrong with you?"

"Stop yelling," Isabelle muttered as she looked around.

"Jonathan hates you because he loves Clary. why would he let you come with? Why would he want to share that love?" I asked. Jace clenched his jaw as I nodded. "Exactly."

"Jace is going with," Alec came behind me. I didn't turn around. Everyone was against me apparently. Even my fiance.

"I should do this alone."

"Yeah, but I would rather both of you be together." Alec reasoned. 

"I would work better alone. They trust me more. I know both of them. Jonathan trusts me." I explained. 

Alec moved his hands forward undoing the straps on my body as my weapons were taken from me. I stared at him angrily.

"Yes, but the two of you together will be able to work as a unit against the other two. It evens the odds and I would worry less about having my two best fighters out in the field." He reached behind me grabbing my stele from my ass pocket as I sighed. "Jace." He tossed him something. "You know how these work right?"

"Why does he get the ring?" I scoffed. Alec smiled.

"You wanna talk to me?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"No," I huffed.

"Don't fall asleep, I'm not new," Jace shook his head. He slid the ring onto his finger and it disappeared. Alec did the same with the matching one as it too disappeared.

"We gotta go," Jace said. I stared at him. "Your fiance was the one who said I'm going with be less mad at me and more mad at him." He pointed at Alec behind me.

"Shut up," I shoved Jace forward as he smiled. He looked weird without any weapons.

"Hey," Alec pulled my arm gently as I turned to him once more. "I'm sorry about the other night, but you were right. I have everything ready when you get back and we have Clary separated from Jonathan."

"Okay," I breathed. He gave me a smile as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Lena, we gotta go!" Jace yelled. 

I turned seeing a portal set up as he walked toward it. I let go of Alec jogging to join Jace as we moved through. We were near the guardian of the city hall building. I heard the whoosh and started laughing.

"If it weren't for my sister I would kill you right now," Jonathan snapped. I turned around smirking at him. "Hello, Sissy."

"I told him, Jace didn't listen," I smiled back.

"I'm happy to see you," Clary came forward staring at her boyfriend. "But I was trained by the best." She came forward searching Jace as Jonathan held him at blade point.

"I love you too Lynn, but—."

"I know," I held my arms out as he searched me. Clary and Jace stood together happily. She seemed so normal, but she wasn't entirely there.

"Okay, one last thing," Clary patted Jace's chest. "How can I trust you?" Jonathan came to stand next to me. His guard was completely down around me. I didn't know why they didn't suspect me.

"They reinstated the kill order on Jonathan," Jace explained. "I can't lose you, Clary. I love you too much to live without you." I grimaced and looked at Jonathan who was giving me a similar look. It was comical. 

"I'm glad we are on the same page," He said.

"As always," I nodded.

"How do I know this isn't a trick?" Clary asked. Her head tilted to the side. She's really given in to her dark side. She reminds me of me a bit.

"In your heart, you either know I'm telling the truth or you don't? If you don't then leave me here," Jace offered.

"Good idea, let's go sister," Jonathan added. "I'd rather not be a third wheel."

"I'm here," I said. He rolled his eyes.

"I would never let him treat you like that and you have Lena," Clary gestured to me as I threw my hands in the air.

"Yeah if anything we're the third wheels," I gestured to both of us.

"Come on Clary you're a Morgenstern, you're better than this. Lena left her guy behind," Jonathan said.

My arms were crossed, but I'd put my ring on the chain around my neck showing that even my ring was gone. Clary rolled her eyes.

"I also make my own decisions," Clary snapped. I smirked and stared at the ground. "He's coming with us."

"Great," Jonathan turned to me his blade falling as he sighed. "Lena with me."

"Gladly," I smiled and moved next to him. Clary drew the rune in the air teleporting us back to their moving apartment. "Homey." 

I did a 180 checking the place out. Nothing had really changed since Lilith had it. Jonathan and Clary left the room as Jace and I went to the windows. He looked out seeing where we were.

"Cover the runes that you can," Jonathan came in. I turned looking down at myself seeing all of mine were covered. A shirt hit Jace's face making me laugh as I moved closer to my brother. "Where we're going shadow hunters aren't welcome."

"And where is that 'cause we're clearly in Prague?" Jace asked. I threw my hands in the air.

"Ew, bore! I'm going to find Clary while you two get the beef out," I moved out of the room walking down the hall to see Clary in her room laying out a dress.

"Ah, Lena," She laid one out for me as well. It was a deep blue one. "Perfect."

"Slutty," I wiggled my eyes as I changed with her. She put on a thigh sheath. "I guess I'm depending on you for protection." She winked.

"About time, let's go." She grabbed my wrist as we walked into the room. "The boys playing nice?" Jonathan stopped talking as we walked in his eyes moving over us. "We dress to kill. Literally." She smirked showing the blade. "Just in case."

"Clary," Jace stepped forward. "What is the plan for obtaining the Morning Star sword?"

"Jonathan didn't tell you?" She smirked looking over at me.

"We're kidnapping the Seelie queen," I smiled. Time to get revenge.

It felt nice to play along. To be with both of them. Jonathan was a murderer, but for this small time, it felt nice to be with my brother and sister. 

Jace was an extra. Loved him too, but not like this fucked up family. The sun quickly faded as we walked. Clary and Jace were in front of us as Jonathan and I walked together.

"I've always heard how beautiful Prague was, but it's out of a storybook," Clary smiled.

"I'll have to bring you back some time and take you on a boat ride," Jace smiled. They leaned in to kiss as Jonathan cleared his throat.

"We're here," He added. We turned to see the entrance. There was a single bouncer near the door. 

"What's Kosti Lustr?" Clary asked.

"It means bone chandelier. It's the queen's favorite hang-out," Jonathan said. Clary smiled and looked back. "Stay here I'll work my connection to get us in." Jonathan stepped past the couple as he looked at me. "Keep him in line." 

"That means no touching Clary," I crossed my arms. Clary walked around Jace to go talk with the bouncer.

"Are you still with me?" Jace asked. I looked at him.

"Don't say that out loud Jace, Jesus," I rolled my eyes as I turned around. "It's like you've never been undercover before. Have you spoken with Alec? Let him know where we are?" I turned around again the wind whipping past my dress. He gave me a tight nod. "Good." 

I moved toward the door behind me. A Seelie guard walked past. Shortly after we were let through. It was like any other club. Other than the bone chandelier on the ceiling.

"Nice Chandelier," Jace said.

"Whose bones are those?" Clary asked.

"Shadowhunters," Jonathan explained. We walked farther into the crowd. Clary looked over at him scared. "Stick with me sisters you won't become a part of the decor." He winked as he hooked arms with me.

"Unless that Seelie sees you," Jace muttered. We turned toward a corner. "That blue sigil means he's part of the Seelie queen's royal guard. Probably best we don't buy him a drink."

"See I told you he'd be a good asset," Clary smirked. We moved toward the bar Jonathan ordered his regular drink with four shots.

"Alright the Seelie queen will arrive shortly, she will be seated at the front table," He explained turning back to the crowd. I nodded my head. The music beat into my bones. "Our opportunity arises when her head knight takes her upstairs for a rendezvous with her new warlock lover."

"She'll be vulnerable. Jace and I will take out the knight." Clary smirked.

"We'll get the queen," I put my hand on Jonathan's shoulder.

"Clary will portal the four of us away," Jonathan said.

"The five of us, including the queen," Jace corrected.

"Yeah, of course, that's what I meant," Jonathan nodded. Suddenly stuff started to fall from the ceiling. It looked like snow at first, but I knew better.

"What's going on?" Clary asked. The people around us started to shout. "What is this stuff?"

"Clearly some kind of Seelie drug, don't take it," Jace reasoned.

"Surely you're not against having some fun," Jonathan smacked his chest. 

Clary tipped her head back as I did too. Both of us smirking. She gripped my arm pulling me into the crowd. We started dancing. I could tell the moment the drug hit her, but that was it for her. She was gone. 

She moved off to grab Jace. I was still unaffected. Well my vision was blurry and I could feel a high, but nothing happened. I felt someone grab my arm pulling me to the side.

"Are you lucid?" Jonathan asked. I shook my head. He smirked. "You've done hard drugs, haven't you, Sissy?" I smirked and shrugged.

"They're just weak what can I say," I sighed and crossed my arms. I turned seeing Jace and Clary making out aggressively. "Oh, that's not what I want to see."

"Do you see his ring?" Jonathan asked. He noticed the Seelie ring, yet he still didn't suspect me. "I caught him." He watched them still as Jace moved his hand to Clary's ass. Seelie's guards came in near the wall. 

"It's go time. " He moved his stele over Jace's rune and Clary's making them coherent again. "Sorry to interrupt the fun, but Her Royal Highness is here."

"It's time to get what we came for," Jace nodded. Jonathan smirked.

"It is," He eyed Jace warily. 

We watched the queen move through the crowd. She was taken to the front stage as she sat down. We tried to blend in with the crowd as they danced for a few minutes until she got up.

"That's us," Jonathan said. 

I moved with him Clary and Jace behind  us. Jonathan pulled one of the guards to the side whispering to him as he yanked me back into the crowd. I was confused until I saw Jace move out alone. He was surrounded by the royal guard.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"Why are they surrounding Jace?" Clary asked.

"He's a traitor," Jonathan grabbed my arm. "He's wearing a Seelie ring. He's been spying on us." Clary looked at me.

"Did you know?"

"I don't have one," I wiggled my fingers.

"I can't let him die!" Clary moved forward as Jace started fighting the Seelie guards. This is the reason why I didn't want him to come with us.

"He's going to get her killed," Jonathan said.

"Yeah or you are," I nodded. I grabbed one of the knives from his sheath. He grabbed my hand.

"Who's side are you on?" He hissed.

"My sisters," I snapped. "My brothers. My families. Now let's get the queen." 

I yanked my arm from his grasp as I moved forward fighting with the three guards on Jace's sides. Jonathan went after the queen. I turned seeing Clary holding a blade to Jace's neck. She hit him and created a rune as she threw him into a portal.

"That was romantic, Jonathan will be happy," I breathed, but she wasn't happy. Jonathan grabbed the queen as we portaled back to the apartment. "Home sweet home."

"Get the chair and rope," Jonathan snapped. I nodded as Clary grabbed the rope. I grabbed a chair. He shoved the queen into it. I looked at my dress.

"I can't function in this shit, I'm changing," I said. Clary walked with me as well, she was pissed. I could see it and feel it radiating off of her.

"I'm not talking about it now." She snapped.

"Wasn't going to ask." I grabbed my other clothes and changed. I still had Jonathan's blade so that was a plus for me, but other than that I was on my own with no way to contact the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.4K 1.6K 33
Asher Montgomery is the daughter of two legacies. Lilith Penrose, her mother, could conjure up the most powerful runes with her skillful calligraphy...
50.4K 1.3K 22
[ SLOWLY EDITING - COMPLETED ] ***WARNING: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION {CONSTRUCTION} Clarissa Morgenstern is off on a...
139K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
245K 7.3K 80
Cover by the brilliantly talented @amxnaah "This is chaos. And not the good kind of chaos. The 'let me go die in a hole' kind of chaos." "Oh calm do...