Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
52
53

47

401 9 0
By MayLarie10

*edited*

"There is Drevak ichor everywhere," Clary said.

"There's a demon close," I muttered. We walked with each other through the crowd leading into an alley.

"I just want you to know that it kills me that you have to be connected to Jonathan for another second," Isabelle muttered to Clary.

"Honestly I've reached a point, where I don't mind," Clary sighed as she looked at the walls. Isabelle and I shared a look and then turned to her.

"Really? After all the monster has done to you?" Isabelle asked. Clary stopped and looked at us.

"Jonathan is not a monster," She snapped.

"What?" Isabelle looked at me.

"He was rejected by our parents, tortured and mutilated by Lilith," She stepped closer to us. "If anything he's a victim."

"Oh, and I'm just nonexistent?" I asked.

"A victim?" Isabelle laughed. "He's—This isn't you talking. It's the rune." 

I reached for Clary, but she went to hit me. I turned and punched her. Isabelle pulled me back as Jace came around the corner.

"I'm here. I'm here." I held my hands up. "You hit her?"

"I'm sorry," Clary breathed. "Lena I'm sorry. Izzy, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Isabelle breathed. "Stay close to her Jace."

"I didn't mean to punch you," I sighed. I turned around with Isabelle. "That hard," I whispered as she smacked my arm. "Ow!"

"You three together," Isabelle instructed the others. She grabbed my arm. "You are coming with me."

"Wait, but—." Alec was cut off as she stared at him. "Whatever." I laughed a little as he moved after Clary and Jace. He had to third wheel, poor Alec.

"Why are we on our own?" I asked.

"You've been off recently. What happened earlier?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know what you mean," She gave me a look and I stopped. "Magnus had a breakdown earlier."

"Oh."

"Yeah," I nodded as we slowly moved forward. "He's going to spiral without his magic, Iz. He's the only parent I have left. Luke is Clary's dad, he was never mine. The only one I've ever had is Magnus. He's taken care of me and I won't let him lose himself for helping me."

"There isn't anything you can do, right?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Earlier I went to a conduit to communicate with Asmodeus," She stared at me. "It was a safe option I'm not dumb enough to do that tonight." I reasoned.

"Okay and what did he say?"

"He will do it," I nodded. She grabbed my arm stopping both of us.

"What did you give him?" She asked. "Or what do you have to give him? Lena, you have to tell someone or at least tell me."

"I can't let Magnus die not after everything he's done for me," I blinked several times as I looked up and down the alley.

"Who says he will die without his magic? So he's upset, it's going to take a lot of adjusting," Isabelle reasoned. "He will understand."

"He's a warlock, he's immortal. He is supposed to live his life, not a mundane one. Isabelle, he will die of old age. I can't let him live his life like that if I get to be happy. I'd never be able to forgive myself. I can't be happy if he can't be happy as well." I said. She stepped closer to me.

"What does that mean? What is the price?" I didn't answer her.

"We need to keep moving," I said. She walked with me but didn't drop the conversation.

"What did you give him?"

"I haven't yet, but," I rubbed my eyes. "He wants me to go to Edom with him. That's the price." 

"Lena, you can't go with him, are you serious?" I nodded. "Lena, no. Magnus would never let you do that. I won't let you do that. Do you know how this would hit all of us?" I stared at her. "For how long?"

"A while."

"No, absolutely not," Isabelle shook her head. "There has to be another way. There has to be. He is not taking you from your family. You're going to be married soon." I looked down at my ring.

"I can't marry Alec," I breathed. My chest aching. Maybe I wasn't meant to be happy.

"I can feel what you feel so don't lie," She stared at me. "I know you love him and I know you're excited to marry him. Don't throw that away. We can find another way."

"Okay," I threw my hands in the air. "If you find another way before it's time then I won't go, but Isabelle if you were in my position you would have done the same thing. I can't see Magnus like this. He's wearing out and I can't save him. This is the only way I can ensure he will be happy."

"You think he will be happy without you," She snapped.

"He will be after a century or two," I muttered. "You can't tell anyone, Isabelle. You aren't even supposed to know if you want to find a solution you have to keep this deal and my name out of it please." I gripped her hand. "I'm sorry you're my parabatai. I shouldn't have tied myself to you."

"I'm not sorry," She shook her head. "I wouldn't want to be bonded with anyone else. You're too selfless. You confuse being selfless and suicidal Lena. If you leave Alec it will destroy him. It will destroy me." She reasoned as her eyes watered.

"You both are strong, you will get over me," I smiled.

"We won't Lena. Alec won't. None of us will ever be the same you mean too much to us for us to let you go so easily." She held my head as she forced me to look at her.

"I'm so glad you're my sister," I said. A tear slid from her eye.

"Yeah and I'm not letting you go anywhere," She pressed our forehead together. I wiped the tear from her cheek.

"Alright, we've got demons to hunt, we can search when we get back to the institute," I caved. 

She nodded and we started tracking again. I heard the shriek as we both ran into another alleyway. Simon's sister Becky was standing there with a Drevak demon by her. Isabelle swept it off its feet and stabbed it in the chest with her staff. Becky looked at both of us.

"Are you okay?" I moved closer to her. She looked shaken. Understandably. Simon came out looking around.

"What happened?"

"A demon," I said. Becky hugged Simon and then smiled at us.

"Thank you for saving my sister again," Simon told Isabelle.

"Lena and I were already on the demon when it found her," Isabelle explained.

"It was badass," Becky smirked. 

I moved away from their group as they spoke. I was looking around the area searching the boxes. I could hear them flirting lightly.

"Iz, over here." I looked down at the orb. "I know what's causing the Drevaks to spawn."

"Is that a cibrus orb?" She knelt down next to it. She put on a glove and picked it up. "Someone has been leaving bait all over town." 

We walked back over to Simon. I got an alert on my phone from Alec. They were closing in on the Drevak nest.

"I'm going to back up Clary, Jace, and Alec they are closing in on the Drevak nest," I told them out loud.

"I'm going back to the institute, someone's leaving demon bait," Isabelle explained. "I'm gonna test this orb for prints maybe we can ID the culprit."

"One way or another we're stopping these attacks," I said. "I've gotta go." 

Isabelle gave me an assuring smile as I moved back. I heard Becky call her name something about Simon. I used my tracking rune to follow Alec. I heard screeching from the sewer as I went down onto the later. 

I dropped down behind Jace and Alec pulling my sword free as I slashed through the Drevak in front of Alec. I threw my sword at the queen hitting her in the chest. She shrieked as I threw my other one, but she still didn't disappear.

"You're a little late," Jace coughed.

"Oh shut up," I moved forward voiding the queen's swipes as I grabbed my handles and yanked the swords apart cutting thew her flesh. She busted into the orange dust as I turned around. "You really couldn't have handled that."

"Oh shut up," Jace moved past me to a hole in the wall. I watched Clary walk out. She wasn't stiff and she didn't look in pain. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good," She nodded.

"I'm sorry," He hugged her. I grabbed Alec's arm looking at him. If I told him he wouldn't approve of it. He could tell Magnus, the fewer people that knew the better.

"We need to get married tonight."

"Tonight? What why?" He asked laughing a bit. "On Halloween."

"Tomorrow night then, I can't wait any longer," I urged.

"We are going to head back," Jace said.

"Yeah, go ahead," Alec nodded. He looked back at me slightly confused.

"Is everything okay?" He cupped my cheek. I leaned into his touch smiling.

"Yeah, I just," I put my hands on his chest messing with the zipper on his jacket. "I just don't want to wait any longer. I feel like the longer we wait the more time there is for things to change."

"Okay," He smiled kissing me. "If you want to get married tonight then we will."

"Really?" I was surprised. He nodded.

"I'll give you anything you want Lena," He smiled. My eyes burned as I pulled him closer to me.

"I love you," He brushed away the tear that left my eyes.

"I love you more." He kissed me. 

He had no idea that I was crying for us not out of happiness. I was happy, but I was also being selfish. I shouldn't marry him. He could love someone after me. We weren't immortal. He could have a chance to find someone else. As if the angels knew my mistake his phone rang.

"Too late." 

"Wait what?!" He started moving for the ladder. "We will be right there." He hung up. "It was a Seelie name Lalanea. She was using the Devraks as a distraction to get into the institute. She's going for Jonathan."

"Clary," I muttered. He helped me up as we started running. "I'm going to start tracking Clary."

"I'm sorry Lena," He gripped my arm. I kissed him with tears still in my eyes.

"It's the job," I winked as I ran in the opposite direction of him. "Always gotta be ready!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...
923 35 6
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the Legendary Jace Wyland. But. What you do not know, is that they also say the sa...
50.4K 1.3K 22
[ SLOWLY EDITING - COMPLETED ] ***WARNING: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION {CONSTRUCTION} Clarissa Morgenstern is off on a...
58K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...