The Christmas Proposal [Five...

By fivePOVS

What if you were in the film: "The Proposal". And what if the roles were reversed and Y/n had the help her ow... More

Chapter 1 - Boss and Assistant
Chapter 2 - Don't make a scene
Chapter 3 - say what?
Chapter 4 - Might end up in Prison
Chapter 5 - Safe Flight
Chapter 6 - It's Freaking Cold ok?
Chapter 7 - Psychological Warfare
Chapter 8 - a Crowd
Chapter 9 - Settling in
Chapter 10 - Special Morning
Chapter 11 - Apart [1]
Chapter 12 - Apart [2]
Chapter 13 - Naked Encounter
Chapter 14 - Heart to Heart Conversation
Chapter 15 - Need a bit of Snow
chapter 17 - nice but confused feelings
Chapter 18 - Playing Dress up
Chapter 19 - Morals Clashing
Chapter 20 - wtf dad
Chapter 21 - in the Bathroom
Chapter 22 - The Necklace and Dancing
Chapter 23 - Late at night
Chapter 24 - Her wedding
Chapter 25 - His Wedding

Chapter 16 - Let's go get Your Phone

81 5 2
By fivePOVS

The ringtone broke the magic a little, at least for Five and Y/n, her phone was loud and the sound was so familiar it kinda reminded them of the office. Delilah started crying because of it and... none of the two would blame her.

"I know, it's a horrible sound right?" She said calmly replying to the call and setting a hand on the baby's stomach so to rock her a little back to sleep.

"This is Mr.Hargreeves assistance, how can I help?" She asked, her voice switching to the more monotone office version as the kid calmed down a little, but not enough. From the other side a man replied telling her that the phone and the sim arrived and it was ok for her and Five to go get it. She hummed a yes as the dude kept on saying details yet her attention was a little divided, she locked her phone uncomfortably between her shoulder and ear as she picked up the baby to lull her back to sleep.

"We'll see when we get there." She said as the man tried to keep her on the phone. What else was there to say? She just needed the phone, is not like Five was going to keep it too long, he would replace it as soon as they are back in New York.

Suddenly the phone slipped and as she thought that it was falling she jerked upsetting the baby a little. Beside her was Five that had taken the phone and took the situation in hand.

"We'll be there shortly." He said as he kept his eyes on the woman holding the baby. Y/n sighed relieved for the help and resumed the lulling of the kid whispering sweet things with the most calming voice. It took little time, as soon as her phone was off also the kid was off, sleeping I mean.

"We should go, give the baby back to Lila, she had enough fun." His voice was again like the one at the office, commanding, little cold and left little to no room for failure. Y/n nodded as he started walking not waiting for her and she moved to give the kid back to Lila.

"Diego, sorry would you mind coming with? I really don't trust Five riding that thing." She whispered as Diego chuckled and agreed, he kissed Lila and Delilah on the forehead and followed with.

During the boat ride she gazed at everything she could see, the water, the far away village, the trees and empty sky. Thoughts came back swirling in her head, how unusually caring Five had turned out to be, not only in the morning but also minutes ago as he helped her while trying to deal with work and a kid. It made her wonder how he would be as a father. NO! Wait no... she couldn't be thinking that... she was definitely not thinking that, right?

On the other side of the boat someone else was lost in his own mind too, replaying a little how calm she was while playing in the snow, how she tried to manage everything by herself... the question his brother asked him. Was Y/n competitive? How the hell would he know, he didn't need to know... but now he felt like he did. When did he start considering people's feelings? But then the image of her smiling at Claire and Harlan... and the sweet talking with a kid she had just met. She was the opposite of him wasn't she?

Beside him Diego was humming a kid song, that's all he had rolling in his head since his daughter was born.

"So..." He started pulling Five out of his head. "Does she always call you Mr.Hagreeves?"

He was curious of his brother's habits with his soon-to-be wife, Five glanced at him valuing his response, whatever he says can be made fun off.

"Only at work, why?" He asked, he didn't really want to know, he knew he was better off without knowing, but he had always valued his brothers and sister opinion, even if most of the time it was stupid.

"Only at the office? If Lila would call me Mr.Hargreeves in bed I don't know what I would do." He laughed as he swerved, the city coming closer.

"Ok, Diego, I don't need to know about your sexual habits and preferences." He bitched as he sighed in defeat. It was like he feared, and probably anticipated, something stupid.

"But come on, doesn't it make you tingle inside?" Five face scrunched up in one of those expression that he makes when he' absolutely done, desperate to end it and a little disgusted.

"If it did I wouldn't tell you, for fuck sake." He argued as they stopped.

"Alright, jeez. We are here."

———

"Hey Five!" As the two of them entered the shop, Diego was left behind patrolling the boat, the owner of the shop recognized him, on the other hand Y/n fully recognized the man. She sweared to god for a second before taking charge and put on a smile. It was the male stripper from the day before.

"Hi, we are here for the phone." She greeted and stopped in front of the cashier. The men smiled weirdly trying to put up a smug expression as he fished for whatever she needed.

Y/n turned to the side with a nervous laugh Five was there looking at the situation like it didn't affect him at all.

"He's the phone and here the sim, my lady." The vendor moved his eyebrows trying to be impressive and the woman tried to keep her smile from turning into a disgusted expression.

"Thank you vary much, how much is it?" She asked as she fished in her pockets for her wallet, Five in the mean time took a hold of the boxes and impatiently opened it already. To be real, Y/n had never seen him being in a rush like that.

"For you my lady? Free." That earned the men two set of eyes on him, Y/n was surprised and Five was anything but so.

"Cut it out Martin, it's for me, not for her. How much?" Five asked sternly shutting the guy up. As the man huffed and went to the register to see how much it all was Y/n sighed, this wasn't the first time she was grateful for her boss lack of curtesy but, surely, was the most meaningful time.

"Fun fact about Y/n, n.13. I like Pringles, they are delicious," Five looked at her with a neutral expression not up to discus but quite interested. "Pepsi, never coke and shrimp chips."
"What are you 14?" He asked as the phone in his hands finally turned on. She shrugged her shoulders as the man came back informing them of the price. Y/n payed with his card, the phone and an extra Pepsi.

"You'll pay me back for that. Fuck 37 messages." Five said as they walked out the shop and down the road as Y/n drank happily her self-given Cold drink, like the weather wasn't cold enough already.

"Is there anything fun to do today? It's Christmas Eve," Y/n asked as Five skipped through the voice mails and texts slightly ignoring her, fuck no, fully ignoring her, there was her workaholic boss.

"Mr.Hargreeves do you have any Christmas plans for today?" She asked, that caught his attention, he was so used to hear her call her Mr.Hargreeves at the office that when she'd say it he would instantly pay attention, for work sake obviously.

"Do I look like I even celebrate Christmas?" He asked as she huffed and looked at the shops down the road not liking his snarky usual self.

She stopped in front a display window amazed by the small representation of the village there to be seen by everyone walking by. She lowered herself a little to look at the mini people all made of wood, but they looked so precise, as precise as carving in wood can be. Five noticed he was walking alone only a few seconds after and, annoyed, he turned around to witness his future wife balled down in that white ski jacket, she looked like a big snowball.

"Y/n!!" He called trying to get her attention and like a doe on headlight she turned, eyes big realizing she had spent a little bit longer then she intended too, gazing at that masterpiece. Five unconsciously tightened his jaw at her expression, he was learning a lot about her on this trip and he didn't know if he liked the feeling it brought. He then decided that she could have stopped for something interesting and walked back to her.

"I'm sorry, this mini village looked really cute." She apologized standing up, still gazing at the pieces. Five looked at it too finding nothing appealing like he hoped he would, there were all places where he had already been and knew. He looked at her ready to just nudge her out of it and keep walking, but the glee in her gaze... it was something he had only seen through the windows of his office while she would review books she was really invested in. That's when he looked inside to see what was this shop about, it was an antiques.

"Do you think they made it by hand?" She asked as she was still admiring the wood unaware of Five's actions.

"Let's see." He replied as he went on and walked in as Y/n looked at him in surprise moving a little late because of that. She almost had her hand closing in the door of the shop.

As the two of them were inside Five looked around and she could only look at him a little confused... Five is not one to take and go in, more so if the place is not of his interest.

"Hello young couple, what can I help you with?" The owner, an old lady, walked up to them with a kind smile, cleaning her hands on this really pretty handkerchief.

As Y/n was about to ask her Five interrupted doing it himself for her. "My fiancée was wondering if the exposition of the city in your display window was made by hand."

The old woman nodded, her expression assuming more glee and happiness. She explained that her husband made it in over 5 years of work. Y/n and Five nodded as she excused herself to go check said man in the back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 116 16
Y/N Hargreeves is constantly mistreated and bullied by their family, one day they finally get an out. While in the Sparrow Academy after another fail...
2.9K 125 40
"When death takes my hand, I will hold you with the other and promise to find you in every lifetime" After saving the world in 1963, you, Five and th...
155K 4K 21
Ben Hargreeves x Reader I MADE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 13 SO I'M SO SORRY I don't really know how to write I just wrote this for fun because I'm dying...
81.3K 1.6K 25
"Don't fantasize child, you are number 8 for one sole purpose, you will always remain number 8, end of story" sir Reginald Hargreeves is a man that a...