That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness

1.2K 63 26
By elite3532

3rd Pov

Inside the Dwelling of spirit, a young lady with blonde hair stared at the wall aimlessly...her vitality and power slowly getting away she closed her eyes.

Remembering the events that happened 2 decades ago...

A normal day of calm and void was happening, when Ramiris felt two people enter her labyrinth...

She was caught off guard when she noticed the odd presence of one of them.

He had a hero egg but...one corrupted, this is a rare occurrence.

Ramiris : Someone who had completed the requirement to become a chosen hero but before he could evolve was tainted and lost this privilege...

In general, when the hero egg bearer is tainted with darkness, the egg would just break and disappear if abnormal conditions are met.

Then the egg will corrupt itself, it's like a seal...the hero egg is like a living entity, it chooses its bearer and judges him.

If the egg decides that you are still worthy even after falling from grace, he will seal himself inside the holder and wait to hatch.

Ramiris : Interesting, then let's see what you can do.

Sending lesser spirits and multiple traps, she tested out Dawn as he passed all the things she threw at him.

He had a great swordsmanship and good control over his magic...surely it was more than she could expect from a young human kid.

But this wasn't enough to be worthy of an hero egg...seeing that this was leading to nowhere Ramiris decided to go meet the intruder herself/

Appearing as they cleared another room from the labyrinth.

Dawn and Ria inside were startled at this sudden powerful presence...the spirit in person she was still in her prime state as the first few crack of corruption from Milim's magicule were yet to appear.

Ramiris : So young human childs, what do I owe you for this visit ?

Ria : W-who is she...

Shaking while hiding behind Dawn, this was the first time she backed away in fear since they left the night garden.

Dawn however kept it cool, he turned to Ria and whispered a few words asking her to back away a few minutes, the time he needed to talk to Ramiris.

Ria agreed and went back to the previous room though her anxiousness could be felt in the air directly.

Once she was gone, Dawn turned toward the spirit.

Dawn : I want to make a deal...

Ramiris : Oh ? I'm all ears.

Dawn : You already noticed my abnormal condition...me and this girl have practically become the enemy of humanity.

Looking straight into his eyes, Ramiris couldn't see a lie...what Dawn meant is that currently all the Western nations know about them.

Information leaked and now a high bounty was set on his and Ria's head...even in Ungracia things started to go ill.

It was still bearable but Dawn had already killed dozens of mercenaries and assassins...

Dawn : Spirit queen Ramiris, I would like to request your protection and also...please let us stay in this labyrinth for a while.
Ramiris : Mmh...your situation is quite troublesome but do you believe as compassionate as I am, I would let you live here because you asked me ?

Dawn : Naturally I don't...

Ramiris : Then, am I right to believe that you have some compensation of equal terms ?

Dawn stayed quiet for a moment before nodding, his gray eyes directly assaulted the spirit queen.

Dawn : You are slowly losing your power and falling from grace aren't you.

At his words, Ramiris's eyes widened...her body flinched as she wondered how this boy got this information.

Dawn : I will engage myself to protect this labyrinth and you when you will need it.

Ramiris : Protection, huh...but you should know that Guy Crimson has promised me the same things, right...

Dawn : I do but there are things he won't do while I can...

Ramiris : And what would that be ?

Dawn : You are lonely aren't you...

Once again Ramiris was speechless...this boy was acting way too out of character.

Closing her mouth, Ramiris sighed...the curse of immortality, people cursed with loneliness.

Ramiris : I see, very well, may I know your name first ?

Dawn : I am Dawn...the girl with me is Ria Muth, the former princess of Muth.

Ramiris : Muth, huh...I heard the kingdom has fallen through a revolution...

Dawn : I can explain all of it later.

Nodding, Ramiris understood and smiled warmly...Dawn didn't want to continue this further when they already agreed on terms.

He looked back as Ria was peaking through the open door...she was clearly worried and Dawn didn't want to make her wait longer.

Ramiris : Well, i'll transport you two in a separate room, you can rest assured there as not even i will pray into it.

Dawn : Thank you...

Bowing a little, Dawn's words were sincere...during the 2 weeks of travel to reach Ungracia and the 7 weeks of survival there before they came to the Dwelling.

A lot of things happened...Dawn was mentally tired and couldn't be more thankful toward the spirit queen.

Ramiris smiled before sending them away...she then went back to her own room waiting patiently for her two new guests to recover.

A smile forms on her lips as Ramiris remembers the good times she had after those two humans came into her life.

Ramiris : I guess I was really lonely...

Training them, sharing stories, meals...trying to understand this over complex mind of Dawn...all this was fun.

But what really made Ramiris's time was seeing both of them grow up...reach humans majority their strength and mentality.

Ramiris : Come to think...Dawn is really an anomaly...

Closing her eyes again, she remembered another scene.

A few weeks has passed since Dawn and Ria joined Ramiris in her lonely life.

Ria and Ramiris have warmed up since then and actually became good friends, on the side Dawn could see them like a mother and daughter duo.

They have been training for the last few days and Ria was showing clear progress while Dawn was struggling.

Mainly because his body has yet to be used to its own power...before Snowie was there to regulate everything.

And while Dawn tried to be autonome on his own, he still took the habit and got used to Snowie's control.

Seeing his struggle, Ramiris thought about a solution and got an idea...today they will go into the deepest part of the labyrinth where you can summon all sorts of spirits.

Once they were there, Dawn took a step forward knowing how it worked...this surprised Ramiris a little but she decided to just lay back and observe.

Dawn : (Snowie was destined to be with me...i understand that now but i cut down that fate...this is the main power unique skill : Author was granting me.)

Ramiris shook an instant as she felt the room shake...it was perceptible due to its large range but the room was shaking.

Not because a strong spirit was coming but because Dawn was directly using his skill on the space.

Ramiris : (Is he crazy?)

Dawn : (But if i can cut the string of fate...then I should also be able to create one.)

This place is the closest to the spirits realm...using unique skill : fiction, he had set the dimensional gap between cardinal and spirit realm.
This was surprisingly not that energy consuming...after that, unique skill : reader to see the information of the spirits inside that gap.

Lastly, using unique skill : Author to change their fate...a lone spirit of Light whose fate never crossed Dawn...was now simmoned by him.

Ramiris : (That's...incredible...)

Ramiris was surprised by this boy everyday...when she finally thought he had shown everything he could, he would come up with something even crazier...

She looked up as a greater spirit of light appeared...the spirit looked at Dawn and directly accepted him as her master.

It wasn't mind manipulation or forced in the spirit part...the spirit just felt comfortable in his presence...

Dawn : Beautiful...

Spirit : Allow me to serve you master.

Still floating, the spirit bowed down her face facing the ground as she greeted her master.

Dawn : Very well, then Dusk will be your name.

Feeling his magicule leaving him, he felt dizzy but it was bearable not like that day he summoned Snowie.

Dusk : I Dusk will dedicate my life for you.

Her body shone as this greater elemental of light evolved...the simple fact of naming is something that can evolve one considerably in many ways.

Ramiris : (This...his hero egg, the corruption around reacted, this could mean that this spirit of light might be able to trigger it...and hatch it.)

The conditions to hatch a hero egg are complicated but a spirit of light helps greatly...Ramiris unconsciously smiled as she brought her arm up.

Ramiris : (Perhaps...Lord Veldanava's words may be true...I will place my bet on you Dawn.)

A bright light leaving her palm, Ramiris transferred her blessing hiding it inside the freshly created bond between Dusk and Dawn.

She just witnessed the usage of a skill with infinite possibilities.

Since then, Dusk has been actively trying to break and remove the corruption around Dawn's hero egg, it was like a complex puzzle for her and up to this day she has yet to solve it.

Ramiris : I really went through a lot with them...ahh, my time is almost there, i will lose most of my power and become a mere pixie in a few years...

She wasn't scared...no she felt more saddened by this, if it was her years ago she wouldn't mind but now that she experienced family bond...

Ramiris : I don't want to go...

Biting her lips, she didn't let a single tear drop as a familiar presence entered her labyrinth...

A smirk formed on her face as she got up...

Ramiris : This might be the last time, so let's do a trial.

Her eyes glowing, the two people who just entered her territory shook as the labyrinth distorted in a way where monsters and spirits took defensive measures.

The trials of Ramiris, a way for her to judge one...usually used for potential heroes.

On the other side, Dawn snickered with Ria...this was a way for Ramiris to test them...and to make the trial a little more fair, Ria was teleported to another room with her own trial.

Dawn : Well, she didn't waste time.

Unsheathing his sword as a greater elemental of fire along, a dozen lesser spirits appeared.

Dawn : Dusk...you know what to do.

Dusk : (Hai!)

The black blade covered in an holy light, the greater elemental flinched as he immediately understood the difference in strength.

Dawn : (Cardinal slash...and technique that uses pure swordsmanship sending dozens of slash at the same time, a technique that has both destructive capability and purposely destroys the opponent to an atomic level.)

Resuming his technique in his head, Cardinal slash was the basic form...without magic, Dusk's light attribute can also be linked to holy magic.

Combining Cardinal sword and holy magic gives Dawn a deadly combo...that can destroy one leaving nothing, not even particles or atoms.

Dawn : [Cross Cardinal Slash].

As he bursted forward, the entire labyrinth shook...this was possible due to the powerful attack but also because Ramiris is weakened.

All the elementals were sent back to the spirit realm as Dawn remained alone in the middle of the room.

Dawn : (I'm getting there...)

It was a fact for him that he could have killed those spirits and removed them to a conceptual level...2 decades had passed.
Who knows how much Dawn had progressed and understood his skill.

This was the very core of his unique skills...

Dawn : Does this end the trial ?

Ramiris : It does...you have become really strong.

Appearing in particles of light, Ramiris smiled proudly...both exchanged a few words before settling down waiting for Ria to finish her trial.

Ramiris : Anyway, what are you going to do now ?

Dawn : Mmh...I thought about reaching out for Sarion but I still can't accurately locate the nation.

Ramiris : Sarion, huh...I guess their technology could be useful...(Though with SIlvia there, I doubt you'll find a way to Sarion...)

Taking a thoughtful pose, something bothered her.

Ramiris : What about Ria ?

Dawn : ...

His silence was clear and speaks for itself...while Dawn was an enlightened human, Ria has yet to show any form of evolution...

She was strong but...at this rate she will just grow old and...leave.

Ramiris : I will be honest, Ria Muth has only 13 years left...and I know for a fact that she won't achieve higher longevity.

Dawn : I see...

Ramiris : This girl...has suffered a lot, the only time she has smiled wholeheartedly is with you, so please take care of her until the end.

Dawn : I will.

Nodding, the two then continued to chat aimlessly...

Ria Pov

It's so cold...all my life I was dependent on someone...when I was born, my mother, when I was young my brother and now Dawn...
I wanted to become strong enough to hold on my own yet at the end, i can't do it myself...

A few hours ago, I had killed Zickard...the one who destroyed all I had...I felt satisfied but something deep inside was empty.

I then wondered what my goal was now ? Naturally only one thing clicked in my mind...Dawn...

I had spent more time with him than anyone, for 20 years straight, I had never left his side...in fact just being alone made me sick at this point.

Right now, I was fighting off those spirits but I was struggling more than I needed...

I was breathing heavily as if I had a heart attack...my light isn't here with me...why am I still this week ?

Ria : Ah...ah...

Looking up at the greater spirit...I smirked as the figure of Dawn formed behind, he looked at me waiting for my action.

I know...I can't stand by your side in this pathetic state...I don't love him romantically, for me he is my family, my light...the only one left, my everything.

I can't love it because I was dependent on him...

Ria : This place beside him...the one worthy of standing beside him is me !

No one can take this place from me...my life goal was achieved, I had killed and avenged my family.

Now...i had to repay this debt i had toward Dawn, for hosting the parasite that i am and giving me a reason to keep living.

I will until my death...help and follow him.

That night when he came to me announcing that after 20 long years...we were finally going back to Muth...

I couldn't contain my excitement, rage and anxiousness.

After making a whole plan, the day finally came for us to execute it...it wouldn't have been that difficult if Dawn went in alone.

After all, Ramiris-san herself confirmed that with his power...and a good strategy he could even defeat a demon lord...though Dawn himself denied that because there were too many factors to take into account.

Anyway, after hiding in the shadows for hours...finally an explosion resonned through the city...the plan was simple.

Dawn becomes a bait while I go in and kill the king...I wanted to take down the now Prime minister too but was told not to.

I don't know why but if it's what i'm told...no order then I won't touch him.

After sneakily getting inside the castle...I easily made my way to the king's room...the new castle's map was memorized in my mind.

There were very few guards and since it was night time, their minds were flooded with tiredness.

Because of that,I managed to get in the room without a problem...

My eyes turned cold as soon as I saw the man that took everything away from me.

Ria : Zickard...

My fist clenched until blood came out as I took a step forward...my dagger out, my movements woke the king up.

His eyes slowly opening he crawled in fear the moment he realized my presence.

Zickard : W-who are you !

I smirked as my eyes glowed in the darkness of the room...this sight must have terrified him as he instinctively tried to call the guards...

Unfortunately for him, his voice never came out as I charged forward...before he could speak up, my dagger pierced right through his mouth.

At the same time I grabbed his neck, strangling him, making sure no sound came out.

Blood gushed, the terror in his eyes made my blood boil in excitement...20 years, this was 20 years of hardwork and struggling to get here.

Ria : Don't you think you'll die simply...Dawn gave me 10 minutes in total...i have 3 minutes left, we're gonna have a lot of fun.

My smile turned wicker and wicker, slowly bringing out the dagger...I stared at the blood stained blade.

This good for nothing king was trembling under my grip...he tried to punch and kick me but he was too weak to even harm me.

How weak and powerless...

Ria : Now tell me Zickard...you should remember the torture method of Muth since you once worked under the chivalric order.

It didn't seem my words were registered by him...he was just way too horrified.

Ria : Let me remind you...first-

Bringing my dagger to his right tight...I let out a chuckle as I continued my narration.

Ria : I'll remove your left leg...then i'll-

Going up, I grabbed his left hand and brought it up to his eyes level.

Ria : I'll cut down every single one of your fingers and stuff them into this shitty mouth of yours...

His eyes were shaking in fear, tears of blood appeared in them...

Ria : Lastly, I'll rip off those eyes of yours and feed them to the pig.

Shaking his head slowly, all the hate I had kept stocked inside roared out...yes, that's what I wanted to see, pure fear and despair.

The same look I had when you took both my father and brother away...

Ria : Hahahaha ! Let's start shall we !

Starting my torture...and all the way until the end, King Zickard's pain will follow him even in his next life.

Standing in front of a human corpse ? I looked down completely emotionless...blood on my cheek from the brutal murder I just committed.

I had just finished...no one will even recognize the rotten corpse of the king now...I turned around...now that I killed him.

I felt void...what should i do ? I could die now...i have already avenged you brother, father...i had accomplished my duty as Princess Ria.

Ria : Why should I live on now ? I'll probably go to hell anyway...

Looking up to the ceiling...I felt cold, until a voice echoed in my mind...

Right, I was given 10 minutes...the time is almost up, I need to leave...what did Dawn tell me to do again ?

Ria : Dawn...i see, actually revenge was never my life goal...it became a simple side quest since that day...

Smiling, I took my dagger and proceeded to stab my own head right through its brain.

Closing my eyes, I died...or rather I had become a unalive object for a moment...in the blink of an eye I opened my eyes kilometers away from the capital.

My eyes landed on Dawn...right, since he showed me that I wasn't all alone and still had someone to care about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118 8 7
"Does it seem like I desire reincarnation?" After reading a book with a tragic ending, our main character finds himself becoming a magnet for calamit...
4.4K 229 20
Raj a average guy struggling with poverty and his life dies by the hands of some not important bastard. While bleeding to his death he wishes to be r...
156K 3.7K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...
189K 2.8K 29
(Y/N) Leviathan is the son of the original devil king leviathan and an otherworldly angel his family hates him for his half blood. One day he meets a...