CHATTER IN THE SKULL

By COSKING

๐‹๐Ž๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐†... ๐‹๐Ž๐€๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ! Crystal Lake, Cunningham County, New Jersey. A mixture of the best memories a... More

Disclaimers | Please Don't Skip!
Chapter 0 | Good Morning May 1951
Chapter 1 | Better Late Than Never
Chapter 3 | Rebellious Attitude
Chapter 4 | The Worst That Could Happen
Chapter 5 | Save the Children!
Chapter 6 | Therapy Costs More than Booze
Chapter 7 | Suck it up
Chapter 8 | Stop Talking.
Chapter 9 | Lacking in Patience
Chapter 10 | It's not Funny.
Chapter 11 | Memories Hurt
Chapter 12 | The First of Many
Chapter 13 | Toodaloo!
Chapter 14 | No Driving Away From This One
Chapter 1ฬถฬˆฬ”ฬ“ฬƒอ‚ฬšฬอ ฬขอ”ฬŸฬฒ4ฬธอ„ฬŒฬ‰อฬ‹อƒฬ™ฬ—ฬขอšฬฒฬกฬกอœ.ฬธอ‘ฬ…ฬ„ฬŽฬฬฬ†ฬˆฬญฬผอ‰ฬœฬฅฬปฬฆฬญฬฎ5ฬตอ„ฬอ—อ‹ฬฃฬปฬฉ| Debts Repaid
Chapter 15 | Murder? Fuck that, I'm swimming away.
Chapter 16 | Hole to Hell
Chapter 17 | Questions Which are Answerless
Chapter 18 | The Murderous Survivalist
Chapter 19 | Kindness Always Has a Price
Chapter 20 | Apologies Written in Mystery
Chapter 21 | A Truth We Knew
Chapter 22 | Walking on Memories
Chapter 23 | The Monsters Are Real
Chapter 24 | A Traumatizing Battle
Chapter 25 | You're Important to Me
Chapter 26 | Bonding Between... Friends?
Chapter 27 | Demands in Desperation
Chapter 28 | Dear Mother of Mine
Chapter 29 | She Wasn't Forgotten
Chapter 2ฬทอ ฬ‹ฬ‚อ†ฬญ9ฬถฬพฬฬ˜ฬญฬ—อ“.ฬทฬ›อ›ฬšฬ…ฬพฬฬฆฬชฬฆฬฐฬžฬฃฬฏฬญ5ฬทอŠฬ„ฬฃฬคฬ ฬผ| Trespassers
Chapter 30 | Catching up to Speed

Chapter 2 | A Unique Type of Beautiful

145 10 0
By COSKING

GOOD EVENING, USER SAMANTHA REED!

This was just like lunch at school.

Counselor Shelby had brought the little girl to the Mess Hall. She didn't know what it was- but she quickly found out it was just a lunch room.

While the woman was very nice- she had left Samantha to her own devices.

... Which she didn't appreciate.

Children were bundled together- some places in the tables were left empty between friend groups. Samantha didn't know where to go but was terrified of sitting alone. What if she got made fun of?

The room was large, with loud voices bouncing off the walls. It was overwhelming.

She hated it.

Taking in a deep breath- she recalled what her mother told her. To make friends. That's the whole point of this camp.

It's time to riddle up whatever confidence a five-year-old could have.

Samantha approached a smaller, less intimidating group of girls.  Standing at the head of the table- they turned their attention to the short ginger. She was suddenly very conscious of her freckled cheeks.

"Ca-Ca-Can I sit he-e-ere?" Regardless of her efforts- her speech impediment could never be deterred.

Samantha's eyelids twitched and fluttered- fists clenching and unclenching.

A brunette girl stared before giggling, "Why do you talk so funny?"

The question was relatively innocent, seeming to have no undertone, but the bluntness of children was the bane of Samantha's existence.

One of the girls, a brunette with longer hair, huffed. "She sounds weird." The girl commented.

A blonde with her hair tied in a pink hair tie patted the table, getting everyone's attention with ease. "No, you can't sit with us." The girl told Samantha, "Sorry."

Apology or not- their refusal was a knife to the gut.

Samantha's eyes clouded over. Her lips pursed as she hurriedly left the table of giggling girls- wiping away tears with the back of her hand.

The little girl didn't know where she was going, but anywhere was better than here.

She pushed open a door- hurrying down a small hallway and into a random room with its open door.

It was a large kitchen. Large plastic containers had ready fresh mac 'n cheese, fruit, or muffins. Regardless of the gold mine of tasty food- the insult from those girls was all she could think about.

"Oh, you poor dear." A gentle voice cooed.

Samantha gasped in surprise, whipping her head around to spot a tall adult woman. Her face was slightly wrinkled from age- much older than the counselors. She had frilly, short blonde hair and warm amber eyes.

A baby pink apron was wrapped around her neck and torso. She bent down to Samantha's level and wiped away her tears.

"I know what'd make you feel better." She smiled. The woman stood up and picked up a fresh cookie from a pan, "A cookie!"

The little girl's eyes shone with delight as she was handed a chocolate chip cookie. "Tha- Tha- Thank you." She stuttered.

Fortunately, the woman did not mind her stutter. "Of course." She crouched down as the little girl munched on her delicious cookie, "Now, what had you so teary-eyed, dear?"

The motherly woman made any walls she had crumbled.

"The gir-gir-girls were mea-mea-mea-mmm..." She'd struggle- face scrunching up in frustration.

"They were mean to you?" The woman guessed. "Mhm..." Samantha nodded.

The woman patted her head, "That's no good." She frowned, "But don't worry about them, okay? How about I be your friend?"

Samantha quickly nodded her head, absolutely thrilled about that possibility.

"What's your name, dear?"

Finishing her cookie- she'd fidget. "Sam- Sam-... antha."

The girl's face twitched- jaw tremoring with difficulty.

"What a lovely name, Samantha." The woman gave her a towel to clean off her hands, "My name is Pamela."

Suddenly- Pamela perked with an idea. "You know... you remind me of my little boy." She grinned, "Shy and cute, just like you!'

Samantha couldn't help but smile. How sweet of her to say!

On que- a nearby door clicked shut.

Pamela stood up, walking around the kitchen island. Samantha was too short to see what was on the other side.

"Welcome back, dear." The kind mother clasped her hands as Samantha rounded the counter to stand behind her, "You hungry?"

The little girl peered from around her legs- noticing a 6-year-old boy slightly taller than her in dark blue shorts and a grey hoodie. His hood was pulled up so Samantha couldn't see his face.

"... No." He mumbled, "Not really."

Pamela pouted, but she smiled anyway. "Well, how about you meet someone instead?"

His body visibly tensed- hands stuffed in his pockets as he lowered his head. It reminded Samantha of an armadillo hiding its vulnerable parts when predators were around.

"Come, come." The adult woman gestured for Samantha to come forward- which she did.

Nervously- the ginger girl approached him with fidgeting hands.

With Pamela overviewing their interaction- Samantha drummed up what was left of her confidence to be the first to talk.

"H-Hello." She'd stutter, "My na-na-name is Sam- Sssam-" She huffed with clenched fists. Her name was always hard to say.

"Samantha," Pamela whispered, helping her out.

The little boy kicked his feet on the floor awkwardly. "... My name's Jason." He muttered.

He stayed silent. She was right- he was just as shy as her.

"Jason." Pamela whispered, "Look at people when they talk to you." Her voice was soft and reassuring.

Finally, he looked up at Samantha.

The young boy was bald under his grey hoodie. Part of his head was slightly bulging, an eye slightly sloped down, and his right lip was tucked up. The boy's azure eyes were adverted- flowing with nothing but anxiety and shame.

Despite their clear differences... Samantha felt nothing but similarity with this boy.

He was shy and anxious because of his defective face, and she was shy and anxious about her defective throat. They hid from other people because of their shame.

In short... they were both ashamed of their birth defects.

LOADING ACHIEVEMENT...

CONGRATULATIONS USER SAMANTHA REED!

"I li-li-like your ey-eyes." The girl commented, her eyelids fluttering.

When she was upset about her voice- it always helped when her mom complimented her impressive vocabulary for her age.

It was related to her talking- but not close enough that she'd reject the compliment entirely.

Jason was taken by surprise- eyes darting to search her face. "Really?"

"Ye-ye-ye-" She'd quietly growl, clenching her fist, before finally- "Yes."

He was completely unbothered by her speech impediment- just like how she was unbothered by his unique appearance. His face lit up, almost as if he was in awe of her existence.

"You two hungry?" Pamela asked now that the mood was lighter.

Samantha looked back at her and nodded, and Jason voiced her reply for her, "Yes!" He'd cheer.

Perhaps making friends wasn't that bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 559 25
Now a survivor of a horrible traumatic past, Y/n is now hired as a new Camp Counselor at Camp Crystal Lake! With her unusual and hereditary family ge...
1.4K 71 10
โš ๏ธโš ๏ธโš ๏ธโš ๏ธ Meanless to say as a warning Jason Voorhees as a character has traits to be very much cold and silent in all media which stays true in this...
21.7K 543 13
Abbey bites off more than she can chew when her friend talks her into being a counselor at Camp Crystal Lake. What happens when she finds out that al...
13.2K 321 24
A Psychology student Sherry Cooke finds herself in an abandoned camp in the forest, wondering how she could get there from the city center. All she...