Code S.L.I.M.E.

By AgentT123

This story is an official spinoff of Rimuru and Iruma's Adventures in the Netherworld, by @mu1622: https://ww... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: New (S)Life
Chapter 2: Hinata Scary
Chapter 3: Fire Aunt
Chapter 4: Amusement and Dining
Chapter 5: Stupid Human
Chapter 6: Cold Shoulder
Chapter 7: Iruma Gone
Chapter 8: Goblina
Chapter 10: Subordinates?
Chapter 11: Fallout
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: Spiky Man
Chapter 14: Smiles

Chapter 9: Goblinkin

230 21 15
By AgentT123

WE HAVE DISCORDS! JOIN THEM NOW!   

________________________________________________________________________________

Aoki's POV

After waking up, I was unfortunately exposed to another conversation between Mother and Shuna. They seemed to be arguing about something.

"You need to understand, Lord Rimuru. While it is okay for the Princess to have no room of her own as an infant, as she is known to be older it may become scandalous. Therefore, you must give her a room of her own." Shuna paused for a moment. "However, a wing of the palace may be better. It could contain everything the young heir needs to grow."

"The palace isn't really for me, it's for all of you to run Tempest in. I don't think I should waste space here with that. I may give Aoki her own room in my house, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable expanding it..." Mother appeared to be conflicted, so I stared at him.

Awakening in my true form meant that my awareness may have gone unnoticed. So I wanted to see if this rang true, if it did not, then I required further information gathering and practice in concealing such things.

Mother proved that he was aware of me by looking directly at me. The gaze was piercing for a moment. "Aoki, don't pretend to be asleep. You should be a part of this conversation."

"I do not see the importance of it." A space of my own in the palace or at Mother's home seemed useless. It would never store as much as Aoki Space, and I would not know what to use it for.

It would serve no function.

Shuna now looked directly at me as well. "I know you may be thinking you do not need a room, but it is important to have a private space to yourself, aside from your spatial skills." She sighed softly. "It is a place where you can do things that would otherwise draw attention without having to worry about trifles."

I stayed silent, but entered my human form for Mother. I could not think of any scenario where I would need a room of my own.

"It would still be necessary to keep up appearances, or to interact with other royal children." I didn't understand what Shuna meant by that, but if it was a place other children were supposed to go, I assumed Mother would not want it in his house.

"Then we can just build a private estate, I guess... Didn't really want anything that fancy. Just doesn't feel right." It seemed the discussion wasn't for me to worry about any more when Mother said that.

"That can be arranged, but the Princess still needs a private quarter for the time being. So, with your permission, I will set aside space in the executive palace." Shuna appeared to have her aura flare up.

"Ey! Don-... Alright. I'll give you permission." I didn't understand why it effectively intimidated Mother though.

"Thank you."

...

This is how I ended up sitting on a couch alone, without Mother. Instead, Shuna was outside of my new room. I still didn't think I needed it.

I decided to consider how I could use the space, and the only thing that came to mind was to use it to perform magic. However, the problem with this idea was that it was connected to a number of things I couldn't destroy.

As I was thinking about this, there was a knock on the door. Shuna entered. "Princess, if you are to receive guests here, as these are your quarters;" She meant the surrounding three rooms, "then you should decorate it according to your personal standards. You need to present your intent to your guests with the decor, and your tastes."

I wanted something that looked nice, as I had seen before.

The patterns of the spiders looked very nice when I'd seen them with my aunt, and I'd also seen what were referred to as 'household decorations' with Mother's likeness in slime form, while watching the goblina.

Additionally, if I were to perform magic, I would require the space to be comfortable and resilient. A round shape would allow the deflection of magic most easily, and a soft exterior would allow it to take greater impacts without tension failure.

I wanted decor that would fit these criteria. One possibility came to mind, which was decor made of slime. However I could not allow a space that is mine to be sullied by those disgraces.

I am Rimuru's child. Only me. Not them.

Coming to my conclusions, I attempted to express it to Shuna. "Soft, and round. Colorful... metal, on the ceiling." If I was to create the patterns of the spiders, or other nice colorful works, it would need to be there to be out of harm's way.

The sheen of metal would make it all the better. I liked staring at Mother's sword, the one time I'd seen it. It made me feel safe.

"I want Rimuru decorations." I expressed my final desire more simply.

Shuna nodded softly. "As a child, there is nothing wrong if all things together look a bit odd." After this, she stood back up to leave the room.

Kokobu's POV

"Cheers, Kokobu!" all the family members at the dinner table raised their glasses and shouted.

It was a little embarrassing, but at least I was expecting this sort of treatment. This was a celebration of my soon-to-be official promotion, as long as I accepted the job.

"Haha, thanks everyone! But seriously, keep the good news inside the family for now. I haven't said yes to Lord Rimuru just yet."

"Why're you acting so hesitant, Kokobu? It's not like you to get cold feet about a new project!" My sister Grena chided me.

"It's not just a new project, Grena, this is a serious responsibility."

"Still, you're not one to turn down an interesting new job... why aren't you more excited!? What you're about to do is even more important and amazing than the project I'm working on, and they're letting me work with orichalcum! Orichalcum, Kokobu, isn't that nuts!? I'm having a blast!"

"Yeah, and you would be having a bigger blast if I wasn't assisting... as in you would have blown up the entire fortress by now." Gillum interjected, "You need a talented Wizard like myself to work with such magically-dense and rare material."

"Yeah, yeah, I appreciate your help, Gillie. I'm glad you came down from that tower of yours just to help out your sister." Grena rolled her eyes before setting her gaze back on me.

"You should be." Gillum turned away with a huff. He never was good at talking to people.

"I wish I got to work with orichalcum... you better let me see the results when you're done! Man, I'm so jealous..."

"I should be the one that's jealous! I mean, Kokobu... you're going to be a direct attendant to Lord Rimuru's heir!" Little Grinny pulled her arm around my shoulder. She even seemed a little frustrated that that didn't pull me toward her. "There's very few positions in this world more special than that! I'm honestly kinda offended you're actin' so reluctant! I'd kill for a chance at a job like that!"

"I know, I know... I'm just not sure I'm right for it, okay? I need to try it out before I decide." I let my shoulders droop.

Needing a change of subject, I chose now would be as good a time as any to give this lot their gifts. So I leaned down and pulled Grinny's new helmet from my spatial storage bag, before placing it on her head without a word.

"Don't patronize me, Sis!" She seemed even more frustrated, but then she blushed.

"What, you don't like the gift? I bought it special for you!"

"Mmmm... I never said I needed a new helmet..." She hesistated, trying to hide her flushed cheeks from be but failing to. "Thank you."

"I knew you needed one. Your old one broke when you were subjugating a Knight Spider, didn't it?"

"Yes, but that wasn't my fault! That thing was just too fast... Damn creepy crawlie." She complained, frustration clear in her voice. Grinny was always like this about her work.

"I never said it was your fault..." I sighed softly and smiled. A little insecurity was fine. She'd grow out of it, I was sure.

"I'm sure you'll be jealous too though, Sis. I get to see that fortress every day, since I'm one of the guards." She grinned proudly.

I was glad she got to live the way she enjoyed most... even if it was a little disheartening that my little sister was always in so much danger. "Just be safe."

"I said that the Knight Spider wasn't my fault!"

"I just mean in general, okay?"

"Pff... I always am, you know that..."

I needed to move onto the other gifts, so I pulled out the new cloak I had bought for Gillum. It was made of a fine, high-grade hell-moth silk, and dyed a deep purple color; I was certain he'd love it.

"Gillum, catch!" I called out as I threw it to him. He didn't react fast enough and it ended up hitting him in the face before landing softly on his lap.

He sat there stunned for a moment, staring at the cloth in his hands before responding, "At least the silk is nice... Hm... This can hold a lot more mana than my old cloak..."

That was his way of saying thank you, I knew him well enough to glean that.

"Did you get anything for your favorite sister?" Grena asked teasingly, nudging me with her elbow.

"Of course. Here." I handed her the hoof trimmers I knew she could make good use of. She always complained that hard working conditions in construction would chip hers, causing pain and discomfort. So, hopefully this gift would help her out a lot.

"Oh, sweet!" Grena immediately put her foot up on the edge of the table and seemed like she was gonna use the trimmers right then and there.

"Not at the dinner table, Grena," Dad finally said something after spending the last few minutes quiet.

Grena rolled her eyes, just a little, before hopping up from her seat. "I'll be right back! Gotta give these babies a try!" She winked at me and whisked out of the room, clearly excited.

Once the seat next to me opened up, another sister of mine approached me. She had been watching our younger siblings at another table, but it seemed one of their mothers had taken over.

Gururin. I was glad to see her, although she didn't sit down. Instead she stood behind the chair and spoke softly. "Congratulations, Kokobu. Sorry I couldn't say it earlier..."

"Don't worry about it Gururin. Thank you." I pulled out the present for her I bought earlier, which was a nice pair of sweatpants. Gururin mainly did things at home, so some comfortable clothes for around the house would be the perfect gift for her.

"Um... thank you so much! I wasn't expecting a gift too... you're so kind to me, Kokobu."

"Don't be silly, of course you deserve a present too! How have you been lately, by the way? You seem better than last time I saw you."

"Oh, the usual... you know how it is with me. I am fine, though."

The reason I was asking about her wellness was because of Gururin's condition. It's called 'The Famishing', a hereditary illness that affects a small percentage of orcs. Apparently, it has something to do with the skill that orc lords gain when they evolve, but it is a fatal condition for those that don't end up getting that.

It was actually the cause of Gururin's only biological parent's death, and the only reason she was still here herself was an adoption and naming by Dad and some intervention by Lord Rimuru himself. Still, she struggles to not waste away to nothing and is quite weak for a high orc, but we love her all the same.

"Well, I'm happy you're doing well."

"Thanks... but Kokobu, have you been well? You've been worrying me for a while now."

I've been worrying her? Dang, that's not a good thing to put on my fragile sister's shoulders.

"You shouldn't be worrying about me. I'm fine, I've just been struggling to adjust... and now I have to adjust all over again, I suppose."

She gave me a sympathetic smile and a pat on the shoulder. "If you have any trouble, just ask me. As you know, I have a good deal of experience working with children."

"Yeah, but this is Lord Rimuru's child... it's not the same."

"Why not?"

"What do you mean, 'why not?' Really, Gururin..."

Gururin let out a small sigh, "A child is a child, no matter how strong they are. You still need to treat them the same. You know how I tend to a variety of children at the preschool; whether they are human or kijin children, it doesn't matter."

"You're not intimidated by their strength?"

"Nope. You can't let a child walk all over you, and your case is the same. Even if it is the princess, child of Lord Rimuru, you cannot let her push you around. You are being hired to supervise her, correct?"

"That's the idea."

"Well, then you should have no problem... and don't tell yourself you will. You're strong, Kokobu, and you can do this." Gururin was firmer saying this than she usually was. She's usually quite softspoken, but right now, her tone was full of fire.

"Thanks Gururin... and I will make sure to ask you if I have any questions. To be honest, you might be more qualified for this job than I am..."

"Nonsense... you were picked for a reason. Dad recommended you for a reason. And Lord Rimuru picked you for a reason too."

After that, she walked away, not giving me any chance to argue back at all.

Aoki's POV

I sat in my new Rimuru chair, it was made to look like a scaled up version of Mother's slime form. It was called a 'bean-bag chair' although analysis called it a 'leather bag with plastic beads.' It was unusual that the skill contradicted Shuna, however I left it up to Father's preferences being different.

It wasn't as soft as Mother, but I was able to ignore that.

I had my human eyes closed to focus on my goblin. I now referred to her this way as she had caught my interest. Enough so that I finally analyzed her properly. I realized I was incorrect on her race, as she was not a simple goblina, instead her race was Grand Goblinkin.

However she was still not as powerful as some of her orc siblings. The two greater orcs she focused on initially were more powerful than her, yet they appeared to have a great deal of respect for the goblinkin.

Meanwhile, this goblinkin herself had a great deal of respect for her smaller high orc siblings. It didn't make any sense to me.

The high orcs were so weak I could not imagine any use for them.

Yet, the goblinkin still respected them. I wanted to figure out why this was the case.

My own respect would need to be earned with some form of feat, but I would lower my standards slightly for the Goblin.

Unfortunately, my spying was cut off there.

The pink haired evil had returned: Shuna. She was here to give me another 'lesson'...

Shortly after having delivered my new furniture, she had forced me to do such useless things, and would glare at me and threatened to tell Mother if I didn't go along with it!

She made me wear uncomfortable clothes and would not allow me to assimilate them into my body like I normally would.

"Princess, it is time for another etiquette lesson. Today we will be going over how to behave when eating. I have seen you eat in very ghastly ways, and doing this is unacceptable in formal settings." She had a new dress for me, and was smiling in an evil way.

I attempted to escape by jumping out of the window immediately.

Veldora's POV

For the first time in a number of years, I sensed a challenger approaching my boss room. I spread out my aura in excitement as I entered my true form, until I saw the unfortunate sight of two women.

It was just Benimaru's wives, clearly not here to challenge me.

Rimuru had told me before that if a pregnant woman was to challenge me, that I should inform them and refuse to battle them. As it had been a problem in the past, for some of the other boss floors.

"If you are here to challenge me, unfortunately I must turn you away!" I decided to declare this loudly to deter them, just in case that was their plan on a whim.

They both bowed, which looked uncomfortable with their current state. "Lord Veldora, we are here to make a request of you! Unfortunately our prayers could not reach you here in the Labyrinth."

"Well, I can certainly do my best to fulfill any requests you may have! But first..." I tapped my claws together. "Please do not bow when it is clearly so uncomfortable, you are the wives of a good friend of mine. So you have no obligation to do so..."

"We apologize, Lord Veldora." Albis stood to her full height in her snake form. "I... will allow Momiji to explain." It appeared that Albis was flustered.

"Lord Veldora! We need to request your assistance to give birth!" The angelic wolf creature was quick and to the point as always, boisterous. "We have heard stories that you have given many expectant mothers your blessing in the past within the Jura Forest! So now we need your assistance too!"

Still. I stared awkwardly. It was true I could help, and had in the past. However, that was with my power restrained, making it very safe. A small dose of power to keep the mothers alive, and assist them in expediting the process.

It was the best I could do for my faithful followers, and it became something of a thing a hundred years ago. Even the small goblins would direct their prayers to me.

I was just happy to be helpful, and get a small reprieve from the silence, even if it was one-sided.

I pressed my claws to the bridge of my snout and exhaled deeply, before getting back into character. I could not allow them to see my weakness. So I lifted my head proudly and roared my words. "Kuahaha-hahaha-hahahahaha! I will help both of you! Give me a day to prepare for this great feat, and I will show you both why the Legendary Storm Dragon is a paragon of fertility!"

I'd need to use my ultimate skill, but alongside that, I knew I'd need a magic circuit to restrain my power.

So once I informed them both they'd receive the help they sought, I shooed them out.

However, I did get the explanation. Apparently my little brother planned to unveil my adorable little niece by the end of the month, which would mean they'd need to have their own children ready to be Aoki's closest confidants.

I respected their drive, and hoped them success. So I would give them help.

I entered my human form again and grabbed a piece of magisteel-chalk to begin drafting my extraordinary magic circuit. I would have it ready by the evening.

...

It was more difficult than I at first assumed, although it worked, it appeared to have a number of failure states. I only had another hour to finish it, so I put in all of my Thought Acceleration.

It had been so long since I had properly used the Faith and Favor skill as well, that it was difficult to fully comprehend its complexities.

I knew someone who could though.

I did not wish to speak with her, but it was for the safety of two women that I felt the need to help.

My sworn enemy, and a bloodsucker.

I sighed deeply and opened one of the many passages in my room that allowed me to leave the Labyrinth.

Then I flew to Lubelius. I didn't want to teleport, as it may tip off Rimuru to me going over there.

...

It only took me thirty minutes to land on the steps of that grand church thingy. I forgot what it was called, Lulu was too gaudy in the way she designed things.

I was immediately confronted by an angry former demon lord glaring at me. I didn't remember his name either. I thought it was... Loris?

I still could not remember after all this time! Ahahaha!

"What are you doing here? You know that Lady Luminous detests you. If she senses you are here, she will attempt to kill you." He glared up at the sky after that. "You left an unsightly hole in our holy barrier as well."

I only punched a small hole in it and I knew it would regenerate before the day was over. It was something I could easily ignore. I didn't understand why this vampire was making sucha fuss over something so inconsequential. "Kuahaha... Well, I am here to make a request. I can assure you... If I break anything, I will pay for it myself! Storm Dragon's word!"

"The last time you said that, Lord Rimuru spent ten stellar gold coins repairing this cathedral."

"That was not my fault! I needed to beat that giant somehow."

"It helped assist in our continued alliance, still. It was your fault." Lowees turned and began to walk inside the Cathedral. "Follow me, and if you do break anything, I expect Lady Luminous will expect a payment in magicules."

I shivered slightly at the thought, but went quickly, I only had twenty five more minutes.

That was how I ended up in front of a very unamused vampire.

"Storm Lizard..." She almost growled as she spat out the insult.

"Lulu!"

"That is not my name!"

"I apologize..." I chuckled softly. "I am here because I require your help!"

The vampire girl closed her eyes before speaking quietly. "And why would you expect me to help you?" She paused. "I can't fully hate you, but that doesn't mean I like you."

"I need help using the faith and favor skill. I have not used it in many years, so I need your help!" I stood proudly with my hands on my hips to show how serious I was about this.

The vampire rolled her eyes. "And what do you need that skill for, hm? It is pretty dangerous, and Rimuru had to give me something pretty serious for that information."

"Kuahahaha! Yes, I remember you tricked him quite badly. But this is serious."

"How serious then, hm, Rain Lizard?"

"I need help with the miracle of childbirth!" I declared, doing my best to ignore her attempt at insulting me.

The vampire opened her eyes wide, almost seeming frightened. "Are you stupid? Did Rimuru hit your brain loose? I didn't even know that could happen to something like you!"

"Ah, no. I am assisting two women in childbirth."

"I reiterate! How did that even happen-" The vampire paused and caught her breath. "Are they yours? You didn't do something foolish, did you?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"No! They are to be my Niece's subordinates, however they have taken some time to come to form!"

The demon lord seemed to mull for a moment. "Your niece, huh...? I never expected that old newt to be so forward with the ladies..." The small woman glared. "Still I don't want to help you."

"Why not!?" I couldn't understand, if it wasn't for me, it should be perfectly acceptable.

"What could you offer me?" The looked to her side. "Also, why are you coming to me for this? Wouldn't Rimuru be able to assist you?"

"It would be embarrassing to request help from my little brother... Obviously I should know how to use this skill, I am the Storm Dragon!"

"Of course you'd say that." The vampire gave me a fanged smile. "How about this then, if you give me a weapon that can kill you, I will consider it."

I paused at that, surely she must be in jest now. "I am sorry, all I can offer is the Storm Dragon's endless gratitude!"

"Leave." The vampire turned away.

"I-... I do not have much time." I did need to find some way to get some help with this. So I considered my next option, which would be the Primordial Red, Guy Crimson. He was skilled with many skills, as he could copy any he understood.

Surely he was incredibly talented with Faith and Favor as well.

Then I realized I'd need to contend with Velzard to approach him. So I decided against it.

I flew back to Tempest at my fastest cliq, making it back in a little under twelve minutes. I only had a few minutes to work with before the women would arrive. So I immediately returned to the Labyrinth.

________________________________________________________________________________

-4165 words-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 202 13
A man named Satoru Mikami is killed during a botched mugging and finds his soul reincarnated into the body of a Slime. But he finds himself not alone...
83.7K 2.2K 20
This story begins at the end of the war in the ttigraas WN and when Rimuru gets sent to the end of space/time and when he awakes and goes in time it...
71.9K 1.9K 49
{Note: This book and series involves crossovers} We all know how Rimuru got reincarnated and started his adventures, however... In this story timelin...
14.9K 597 12
Two thousand years have passed since the Creator God, Veldanava, died and refused to reincarnate. At least, that's what everyone believes. But what i...