Red River, Oregon

By luciferlover1234

Creed Moonridge and his brother Killian move into a new town for a new life. They want to leave their nightma... More

One House
One Nightmare
One Brother
One Visitor
One Sunday
One Dinner
One Halloween
One Night
One Kill
One Question
One Body
One Posse
One Explanation
One Rescuer
One Church
One Visit
One Cave
One Video
One Meeting
One Sidecar
One Omelet
One Hanging
One Family
One Future

One Trip

6 2 3
By luciferlover1234

Killian watched Creed as he drank his coffee in the morning. "Are you going to the store today? For Halloween stuff?" He smiled at his closed off brother.

"I have to, thanks to you." Creed glared at his brother.

"Me! I didn't start that. Lois is to blame. I was eavesdropping. I heard everything. Haven seems nice." He watched his brother.

"Sure." Creed was quiet.

"Come on, Dude. He is hot! Please say you noticed." Killian stared. "You're not dead! I know you noticed. Are you going to do anything about it? He likes you." Killian was trying to help.

"No. He doesn't. Haven is just being nice because of Lois. Lois likes me. Haven is just being polite." Creed was trying to explain it away. He knew there was an attraction. He was letting it run its course and it would die out. "Just let it go. Nothing can happen. I'm not human, Killian. Please, just leave it."

"Okay but..can I date him?" Killian teased.

Creed growled. He covered his mouth. "Sorry!" He stood up and walked out. No, Killian couldn't date Haven. Hell no. Plus, Killian wasn't into feminine men.

"That growl sounded very territorial, Creed!" Killian smiled and headed to work. It's about time Creed rejoined the living.

Creed had things to buy today and he was nervous. It was partly sunny today. He hated that so he put on his old ball cap and a coat. It was chilly and he had to walk, although he didn't feel the cold, he still had to pretend. He walked to town, trying to walk in the shade. He was relieved when it looked like snow. Snow meant clouds and he saw some flakes. Good.

Creed walked through the first two shops and found some fun stuff. He left the third shop with a huge bag full and he found the last fog machine. He was hooking that up tonight.

He got green lights too. He was hoping this would be creepy. He would have to get the car and drive to a bigger place. Maybe tomorrow. He also had to return a pie pan. He headed to the auto shop.

Haven was working on an engine when Creed opened the small door to the garage. "Knock knock." He set his bags down. There was a fireplace burning to heat the space. This was nice and cozy somehow.

Haven stood up and smiled. "Hey!" He blushed. "Come on in, Creed." He shifted his weight. He was in work overalls and he looked so cute. His hair was in a french braid and some hairs were loose. Haven wiped his hands on his coveralls.

"What are you doing?" Creed looked at the car. He knew nothing of cars.

"I am..." Haven paused. "Do you know anything about cars?" He smiled as he asked.

"No. Nothing. Even if you use small words, I will have no idea but you will sound super smart!" Creed smiled without trying.

"I am super smart, most of the time. I am giving this car a tune-up." Haven smiled back at the sexy man.

"Oh. Okay. I have heard of that." Creed smiled and looked at Haven. Haven was just gorgeous. "It's starting to snow." He looked out the window. Was he talking about the freaking weather!

"Oh. It is." Haven followed his gaze. He was thrilled and excited that Creed was in his shop. Creed was just the sexiest person he ever met. "What's in the bags?" Haven could guess.

Creed shook his head. "I blame Lois. I bought the last fog machine!" He smiled. "I haven't done Halloween in years. I'm out of practice. I have to find a costume too. Is there a big store here somewhere?"

Haven smiled at the man that looked lost and out of his element. "You really don't get out, do you?"

Creed laughed. "No! Not at all." He looked at his shoes.

Haven put his tools aside and walked to the fireplace and added another log. "I close at five today. How about I just take you then?"

Creed froze. "Uh, really?"

Haven laughed at his expression. Creed looked like he was shocked that Haven was offering to help him. Creed had to get hit on a lot. He was really good looking. Sexy. Did he not realize that? How could he not know? "Yes. I need to pick up some things anyway."

"Oh, I don't want to bug you. I just realized that I forgot your pan at home!" Creed flinched. "Shit!" He covered his face. "Sorry!" He looked at Haven.

Haven chuckled. "It's fine. If you bring it back, I will make more pie." He cleared his throat. "For you."

Creed got goosebumps. "Oh!" He was lost. "Haven. I really don't know what...I don't date or anything. I really...I should go." He was scared. He backed up. Away from this very cute man, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted to do. "I am very bad around people and I'm not good." He looked worried.

Haven stared. "What does that mean? Are you married with kids and abandoned them?"

"No! I don't have kids. No wife... or husband... I'm not a good...person. I'm not..." He dragged his hand through his hair and put his hat back on. He took a breath to slow the panic.

"We can just be friends." Haven was sure of that.

"Friends?" He watched His man. The man...yes.. He watched Haven.

"Yes. Friends. I can show you around town and tell you who to look out for. There are a couple of women that will throw themselves at you!" Haven smiled a small smile. He wanted to hang out with Creed more.

"Why?" Creed stared like he had no idea.

"Well, they will think you are hot and they're easy." Haven blushed.

"No. I'm not hot! I'm not...I can't...." Creed cleared his throat. "I should get this stuff home before it gets worse. The snow, I mean." He was nervous. "I'll see you at five. Should I just come here?"

"I can pick you up, Creed. Just as friends, nothing scary about that. I'm not looking to date either." Haven sighed. He had enough of people and their games.

"Oh, will Lois be joining us?"

Haven smiled. "I couldn't stop her. Is that okay?"

Creed smiled. "Absolutely. She is so sweet."

"She is a monster!" Haven laughed and shook his head. Creed nodded, picked up his bags and walked out. He wandered home in the snow thinking about Haven.

Killian was shocked that Creed had been to town. "You are going to the big store with Haven?"

"And Lois. I need a costume and more decorations! I want to finish it tomorrow." Creed glared. "Shut up!"

"I think it's great." Killian smiled. "It's past time that you joined the world, Creed. You should be happy. Get out there and get to know people. Let them get to know you." He leaned closer to his brother, who was panicking.

"No way! I can't do that!" Creed sighed. "I can't." He wiped tears and cleared his throat. "I...can't."

"I don't blame you, Creed. Megan was the monster. You are trying hard to be better. You are amazing, Creed. You're not a monster!" Killian believed that.

Creed shook his head. "I am a monster! I can never have a family and be normal, Killian. I can't. No matter how much I want it." His eyes were glowing as he wiped tears. "Shit!" He grabbed a paper towel. "So, how was your day?" Creed was changing the subject as he tried to calm down.

Killian grabbed a beer. "Fine. I ripped my jacket today so I have to either find someone to fix it or buy a new one." He took a drink.

"Buy a new one. There is a nice shop in town. I walked past it earlier. There was a nice old man at the counter." Creed glared at his brother. "I was looking at buying a suit, okay!"

"Of course. And why?" Killian smiled as he left the question for Creed to fill in.

"I just thought about dressing nicer. Sometimes. Shut up!" Creed sighed as he heard the car pull into the driveway. "They're here!" He wiped his face again.

"You look great. Go. Kiss him good night. It will be good for you!" Killian smiled. "Really."

"We are just friends." There was a knock at the door and Creed had to fight not to rush to the door. He heard Killian laugh. "Jackass!" He growled as he opened the door. "Haven!"

"Did you call me a jackass?" Haven stared. His eyes moved over Creed, who looked sexy in his jeans and t-shirt.

"No! I called Killian a jackass. You look fantastic." Creed smiled at Haven.

"Should I ask?" Haven watched him.

"Definitely not. Shall we?" Creed started to walk out.

Haven looked surprised. "Uh, coat?"

"Shit! Coat." Creed cursed and grabbed his coat. It was stupid because he didn't get cold. Coat. Be normal. He would be sweating if he could. What in the hell was normal? He opened Haven's car door and Haven was charmed. "Where is Lois?"

Haven cleared his throat as they drove out of the driveway and into town. "Well, it's Friday and she is spending the night at a friend's house. Mia. They annoy each other but they are good friends." Haven sighed.

"That's nice. Gives you a night alone." Creed cleared his throat and watched the town fly by. This was the first time since they arrived that he drove through town.

"So, where did you move here from?" Haven was curious.

Creed cleared his throat. He didn't want to talk about the past. It still haunted him. "Maryland."

Haven looked at him as he caught some sadness in that story. "Never been."

"It's nice there." It was home he never wanted to see again.

"Someone really messed you up, huh?" Haven was worried now. "I didn't mean anything by that...I..."

"No. It's fine. I don't really like to talk about it. A woman fucked me up. It's been five years and I can't seem to recover. I don't like to talk about it." Creed looked out the window.

"I understand. I got fucked up too and got a little person to take care of." Haven sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I love Lois but I never wanted to be a single parent. My parents disowned me when they found out. They forbid me to keep her and insisted that I adopt her out or abort her." Haven sighed.

"They sound lovely!" Creed glared out the window.

Haven agreed with a chuckle and a nod.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Creed assured him. "I will never pry."

"Thanks. It's fine. Most people in town know. Not a lot is kept secret in this town. You are the recluse and Killian is the hot new teacher. Wait until parent/teacher conferences. I guarantee you that his classes will set a record for best attendance." Haven smiled. "Are you twins?"

Creed smiled. "No. I'm almost two years older. He's very kind to me." He sounded sad. He watched as they entered another town. He saw familiar signs. Restaurants and movie theaters. He missed this. Civilization!

"I won't ask, but if you ever want to talk..." Haven offered and pulled into a department store. They found a cart and walked to the holiday aisles. Christmas stuff was out already.

"I haven't been to a store in five years!" Creed was thinking about what he said. He was busy looking around. It wasn't crowded here, yet. He hated crowds.

"Five years!" Haven stared.

"Oh!" Creed hadn't realized what he said and had to cover it. Hopefully, he could play it off. "Well, it seems like that long! I have been locked in that house for a while. I need some things for the house while we're here. If that's okay?"

"It's fine. Sure. I do too. I have to buy toilet paper. Don't let me forget!" Haven smiled. "I will forget."

"Toilet paper. Got it." Creed smiled. They loaded the cart and found a vampire costume. Haven was going to be a witch, with a broom and everything. He had his costume already. "Witches are hot!" He wanted to take that back. "I just...I didn't mean to say that you were...."

Haven blushed and laughed. "It's fine, Creed. How did you get the name? It's very unique." He tried to change the subject.

"Well, my mom wanted names that people didn't use as names. Creed and Killian. Creed is a statement of religious beliefs or principles and Killian is the name of her favorite beer. She was great!" Creed stopped talking and walked down to the toilet paper aisle. "Toilet paper. You know what? I better get one too!" He threw two in the cart.

"You mom?"

"She died. Our dad too." Creed sighed. "Five years ago. I don't like to talk about it, Haven. If that's okay."

Haven nodded. The girl fucked him up the same year his parents died? He was curious about that story. "Maybe when you're comfortable."

"That will never happen, Haven. I will never be comfortable." Creed actually had tears and cleared his throat. "Sorry!" He wiped his face. "So, I think I have everything but I'm sure I'm missing something. Maybe we should walk back through the decorations?" He had to move on.

Haven nodded. "Sorry. I won't bring it up. Creed. I'm sorry." He hated seeing him sad.

Creed couldn't stop himself. He liked Haven. "It isn't your fault. They're not your problems, Haven. I'm sorry for freaking out. I do that a lot. It's the main reason I stay home. It's safer there." He cleared his throat. "I haven't been able to deal with things."

"It's because you are a guy! We never deal with feelings!" Haven smiled. He was trying to lighten the mood.

Creed smiled and agreed. Haven was proud that he got Creed to smile for the rest of the trip. He knew Creed was hurting but Haven was leaving it alone for now. He tried to just be friends.

Haven wasn't sure that Creed was into him. Although, he got strong gay vibes from Creed. They were bi vibes, definitely. Creed also said that there was a girl five years ago so definitely bi. He killed the thoughts as they finally left two hundred dollars poorer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333 32 6
Clair needs a job. College isn't cheap, and she needs a way to make ends meet. So when he friend convinces her to apply at a bar, known for being dan...
688 244 52
The White-Moon children have been fighting for their lives for as long as they could remember. Their parents past haunts them as they struggle to fin...
69.2K 754 24
Maeve is a werewolf. Shes headstrong, stubborn, and outspoken. How is it possible that every guy she meets falls in love with her? Well of course it'...
1.8K 174 63
Revenge, Cruelty, and Invincibility In a world full of mythical creatures, families and friends turn to a society of hunters. Quickly growing, famili...