Red River, Oregon

By luciferlover1234

Creed Moonridge and his brother Killian move into a new town for a new life. They want to leave their nightma... More

One House
One Nightmare
One Brother
One Trip
One Sunday
One Dinner
One Halloween
One Night
One Kill
One Question
One Body
One Posse
One Explanation
One Rescuer
One Church
One Visit
One Cave
One Video
One Meeting
One Sidecar
One Omelet
One Hanging
One Family
One Future

One Visitor

9 2 3
By luciferlover1234

It was close to Halloween. Kids were dumb during this time and Creed was expecting a lot of pranks.

He heard some kid daring another to open the door. He was going to stop them but wanted to see how far they would go. He saw the doorknob turn and the door open.

A little brown haired girl about six was shaking in the doorway and a boy about nine was behind her, mocking her, calling her chicken. Creed knew the nine-year-old was more scared than the six-year-old. She walked in and the boy closed the door behind her and laughed.

Creed walked around the corner and put his finger to his mouth. "Shhh."

The little girl nodded but she was shaking. "I won't hurt you. I'm Creed." He whispered and smiled.

"Lois." She was a little less scared and smiled a little.

"Want to scare...what's his name?" Creed smiled and pointed at the front door.

"I do! That's Tyler, my cousin." Lois smiled bigger.

Creed tiptoed to the front door. He flung it open. "Go home!" He yelled. He chuckled as Tyler left screaming. Lois was behind Creed, laughing. Creed smiled. "That was fun." He watched the little girl laugh.

Lois looked around. "I love your house! You live here?"

"I do, with my brother. He's a teacher." He liked this little girl. "Are you okay?"

She smiled and nodded. She looked at the entryway. "This is pretty. I always thought there would be spider webs and ghosts in here!"

"There were a lot of spider webs when we first got here but I haven't seen a ghost and I have to tell you, I was disappointed!" Creed had no idea why he was talking to this little girl.

Lois laughed and agreed. "I was hoping for ghosts too!"

Creed looked out the window. "Do you know how to get home?" He watched Tyler run down the lane.

Lois shrugged. "I think so but I always follow Tyler." He was long gone.

"Okay. Well, I can't just let you walk around by yourself. Let's see if we can get you to your parents." Creed sighed.

"Uh, just my dad. He works at the car shop. Duncan's." Lois smiled like she achieved something.

"Right. How about a cookie for the road?" Creed smiled.

Lois nodded. "I would love a cookie!" She wasn't as scared as she was when she first walked in. Her dad would be furious that she did this and then took a cookie from a stranger.

Creed walked to the kitchen and grabbed two of his homemade chocolate chip cookies and walked back to her. He handed them to her. "Come on, Sweetheart." He took her hand and walked with her down the lane. "You guys walked all the way here to commit a felony?"

Lois laughed. "No! I was following Tyler and he said I was annoying so he was trying to punish me."

"Bastard!" Creed looked at the six-year-old. "Sorry."

"It's okay. One time, my dad smashed his foot and said worse things. He had to go to the hospital. He broke his foot. I didn't laugh though because I was scared." Lois looked worried. "He will be mad that I walked to your house. I'm not allowed that far out of town."

"Don't worry. I will talk to him for you. Okay?" Creed could handle one man.

"Don't understrimate my dad," Lois said. She sounded so serious.

Creed smiled at this kid. She was so cute. "Underestimate?"

"Yes. He is tricky." Lois' eyes got big. She finished the second cookie.

"I think I can handle one man." Creed was sure of that. He had handled a lot of people in his lifetime. Of course that was a lifetime ago and he had no idea what he was doing now. This wasn't his plan. Lois talked about her cat and her dog while they walked.

Their cat was named Mrs. Fluffy and the dog was called Mr. Jingle. He was a Christmas present two years ago. Mr. Jingle was protective of her and her dad. Lois loved her pets. She loved animals. He discovered that Mr. Jingle was killed a year ago by a car. She said she missed him.

Creed wasn't sure where to go because this was the first time he was in town. He was relieved when he saw the auto body shop. Duncan's Auto. Apparently, there was a sale on oil changes this month. Lois took Creed's hand as they crossed the street.

"I'm not allowed to cross the street without holding someone's hand. I'm already in enough trouble." She looked worried.

There was a man standing in the garage doors with his arms crossed. Glaring. He looked mad.

Creed took a breath because Lois' dad was hot. "Dad?" Creed was guessing that he was Dad. He looked beautiful. His hair was pretty and long. It was in a braid down his back. His facial features were more feminine and soft. This man was very pretty but in a sexy way that turned Creed on.

Lois nodded. "He's mad." She slowed down and ducked her head.

"Lois Marie Duncan! Get up to your room!" He was furious.

Lois looked up with tears. "But it wasn't my..."

"I don't care!" The man pointed. "Go!"

Creed released her hand. "Bye, Lois." He watched her leave. "Sorry about that but it wasn't her fault."

"And you! What kind of adult kidnaps a child!" He was laying into Creed!

"You hold on just a second! I didn't kidnap anyone. She walked into my house! I brought her straight here!" Creed was furious.

"She what?" The man looked shocked.

"Yes. Tyler, her cousin. He dared her to walk into my house and then left her there. She was terrified so I walked her here! I couldn't just leave her out there alone. I'm not a monster. I was fixing pipes in my basement. I would never kidnap a child!" Creed was yelling at a stranger. He had to watch his temper.

"I didn't know that. I have called everywhere and Tyler said she was kidnapped. She was supposed to come straight home an hour ago!" The man sighed as the cop car came around the corner.

"The cops!" Creed sighed. He couldn't go to jail. He just stared. "You called the cops!"

The cop pulled over and got out of the car. He was walking towards them. "Hey, Todd." The auto body man said to the cop.

"Haven. Is this the kidnapper?" Officer Journey, according to his name tag. Todd Journey was reaching for the handcuffs.

"Yes...but no. It was a misunderstanding, Todd. I'm so sorry. Lois broke into his home and he returned her. She is in her room now. She's grounded for a month!" Haven sighed.

"Returned her? She broke into your home?" Todd was staring at the stranger.

"Yes, Sir. It was a dare and no harm was done. Lois was scared to walk back here. I was afraid she would get lost." Creed looked at Haven and back to Todd.

"I don't know you? Who are you?" Todd asked and glared at him. "I haven't seen you around here before."

"I'm Creed. Creed Moonridge. I tend to stay at home." He sighed.

"Moonridge? You wouldn't be related to Killian Moonridge, would you?" Todd smiled.

"I am. Yes, Sir. He's my brother." Creed was worried.

"Well, I'll be damned. You even look like him!" He smiled and shook Creed's hand.

"I'm better looking." Creed smiled at his lame joke.

"You bought The Caster House?" Todd was curious as to why someone would do that.

"Yes."

"I heard it was haunted." Todd stared intently.

Creed laughed. "There may be a ghost in the pipes but other than that, nothing. I'm fixing it up.... Slowly."

"Well, it's past time. It will be nice to see that house get used." Todd approved. "Just the two of you?" Creed nodded. Todd was satisfied and turned to Haven. "If that is all, I'm on my rounds. Call if you need me." He walked off.

Haven stared at the man, Creed. The man that would haunt his dreams every night for the rest of forever. Creed was gorgeous and out of his league for sure. "Well, thanks. Look, how about staying for dinner ...as a way for me to apologize."

"Oh, that's very kind but I should be getting back. I have more pipes to fix. I..uh..thanks." Creed would have jumped on a dinner invitation before and been in bed with him by nine but not now.

Creed was scared of people. He stormed across the street and out of town. He couldn't get to his house fast enough and he was shaking when he got there. Too much time with people. He was okay with Killian but no one else.

Killian was shocked at the story Creed told him when he asked how Creed's day was. Great. Way to impress the neighbors. "Why didn't you go to dinner?" Killian stared.

"Right and not eat?" Creed sighed.

"Right. Sorry. Was he pretty?" Killian smiled.

"Lois? Very pretty." Creed smiled. He knew what Killian meant. "I didn't notice, Killian."

"Come on!" Killian sighed. He knew who Haven Duncan was and he also knew how beautiful he was.

"I don't know. He was nice, I guess." Creed looked at the table. His head snapped up and he looked at the hall that led to the front door. "Someone is here." His eyes were glowing blue.

"Just relax." Killian stood as the doorbell rang. "Coming." He stormed to the door and opened it. A man was there with a cute little girl. The man was hot! "Hello."

"Hi. Uh, I'm Haven, we haven't official met. I believe I met your brother earlier today?" Haven smiled at Killian.

Lois looked around Killian to Creed. She pushed Killian aside and rushed to Creed. She wrapped around his waist. "Lois!" Haven yelled at his daughter and looked at Killian. "I am so sorry!"

Killian smiled. "No problem, Haven. Come on in. I just heard the story. It's not every day that we get such gorgeous company."

Creed just ignored his brother. "Lois, I thought you were grounded."

"I'm getting off for good behavior! I had to come to say I'm sorry and my dad made pie! It's apple pie. It's the best!" Lois smiled at Creed like she didn't just see him.

"Oh!" Creed had no idea what to do now.

Haven spoke up. "I wanted to apologize for earlier and I thought pie would be the best way to show I'm sincere. It's made with caramel and super bad for you. I'm Haven Duncan, by the way."

"Really?" Creed was lost. He used to love caramel. "Uh... ?" He had no idea what to do. He exchanged looks with Killian and Killian shrugged and smiled.

"Haven, come in, this way to the kitchen. Please." Killian directed them. Creed looked so lost that it made Killian smile. "I may have ice cream?"

Lois clapped. "I hope you do!"

"You are lactose intolerant, Lois, no ice cream." Haven reminded his daughter. Lois made a face. "Just a little. Small scoop." He glared at his daughter in a teasing manner. Creed caught a small smile.

Creed glared at Killian. How was he supposed to eat pie? Who didn't like homemade pie? What was he supposed to do? He took a breath.

"Creed, get plates." Killian hoped that giving him a task would help keep him calm.

"Right. Plates." He scrambled for paper plates and plastic forks. It was just Killian so they went with throw-away plates. "It's nothing fancy. Sorry, it's all we have." He watched Haven serve everyone pie, he requested a very small sliver and Killian poured coffee and Lois got a glass of water. No milk.

"This is fine. Thanks. I feel like we just intruded." Haven smiled at Creed.

Creed looked at the table. He didn't know how to flirt with a man anymore. Killian spoke up. "Never. Creed is here alone a lot. He needs the company."

Creed glared at his idiot brother. "I stay busy." He made eye contact with Haven. He was very pretty with long blonde hair and a pretty smile. Haven had pretty brown eyes. Lois had his brown eyes. They had a great smile. They were both so pretty.

"No girls, huh?" Haven hated that he just asked that question.

"We're not a gay couple!" Creed almost growled. "Sorry, We had a couple jog by thinking we were a couple." He took a breath.

Haven almost giggled at that comment. They looked too much alike to be a couple. He hoped that Creed was single at least.

"I'm the younger brother and I just started teaching at the school and Creed is fixing the house. It may take awhile." Killian ignored Creed's outburst. He just looked at his brother. They both glared at each other. Killian took a bite of pie.

Creed tried to eat it but he was going to be sick at the thought of putting it in his mouth. He pushed it around. He tried to make it look like he was eating.

"This is really good. Delicious!" Killian inhaled his pie and went for a second piece.

"Thanks. I will leave the rest here. Just bring me the pan. Whenever." Haven looked at Creed when he spoke. It was an accident. Creed had the prettiest blue eyes and there was something about him that Haven found interesting.

"So, have you lived here long, Haven?" Killian asked.

Haven tore his eyes from Creed to look at Killian, that was not a task either. "My whole life. I left for a while, had a bad relationship, had Lois and moved back alone." Haven cleared his throat. Creed wanted to know that story but then Haven would ask him about his past. He wasn't ready to share so he wasn't asking.

Lois smiled. "So, do you believe in ghosts?" She looked at Creed. He was being quiet.

"I do!" Creed smiled. He was thankful for the change of subject. "I haven't seen any here though."

Haven was surprised. "You believe in ghosts?"

"I do. Just because we have never seen one doesn't mean they're not real. I never believed in vampires until I met one!" Creed stopped and Killian stared at him. He shrugged.

"Vampires?" Haven stared.

Creed took a breath. "Right. Like I said. Seeing is believing." He winked. "I believe they are real, where else do the stories come from?" He cleared his throat. He was an idiot.

"Dude!" Killian smiled and chuckled a little. His brother was losing it.

"You are a science teacher, don't you believe that other things can be out there?" Creed watched his brother.

"I do. I really do. I don't know about ghosts or vampires though. Maybe aliens!" Killian smiled at Lois. Creed glared at his brother. "How about aliens?"

Lois laughed. "I don't know! I have never seen one!" She gasped. "I thought I saw a UFO once though!"

Haven sighed. "I have never seen one and I don't want to see one either. I don't need any adventure in my life. I'm good. Nice boring and safe. No ghosts, aliens or vampires!" Haven looked at Creed and smiled.

Creed cleared his throat. "Right. Nice and normal." Holy shit. He hadn't been normal in almost five years. No vampires. Good to know. What were they supposed to talk about? He had nothing. He looked at his plate.

Killian cleared his throat and wanted to laugh. These people came to see Creed. "If you will excuse me, I have some work to do." He took off to the den and closed the door before Creed could stop him.

"Jerk," Creed said under his breath and looked at Haven. "Well, thanks for the pie." Creed sighed. "I'm not good with people."

Haven smiled. "I am. Usually. So, how do you like this town?"

Creed didn't have an answer. "Oh, it's nice. Uh, I go hiking a lot. I run in the forest. It's just gorgeous out here. I love it here."

"How come I have never seen you in town?" Haven was curious about this mysterious guy. He never went to stores or had his car fixed. He didn't own a car that Haven could tell. Killian was all over town and everyone knew him but no one knew about Creed. "I have never seen you at the parades or festivals."

"I don't go out. I usually stay home." Creed was ready for them to leave.

"Why?" Lois was paying attention.

Creed smiled and it was sad. Haven was curious. "I, uh, I don't do well in crowds or with people. I'm not good...with people. I haven't...in a long time." He cleared his throat.

"Are you one of those...scared to leave the house...people?" Lois asked.

"Agoraphobia." Creed smiled. "Something like that. It's complicated. Killian is much less complicated." That was for Haven. He should like Killian, not Creed. Although, that relationship wouldn't go far either since Killian wasn't into guys currently. "So, Lois, do you go to school?"

"I am in first grade! My teacher is Mr. Finch. He's awesome! I can't wait until I get to high school. Killian can be my teacher!" She smiled. She had a crush on Killian.

Creed smiled. "Right. He is pretty cute!"

Lois just giggled. Haven laughed and Creed looked at him. Haven had a nice laugh. Creed cleared his throat as Haven smiled back at him. Haven held his eye contact. Creed had pretty blue eyes and a fantastic smile. His lips deserved to be kissed.

What was he doing? Haven hadn't felt anything for anyone in six years. Seven, really.

Lois noticed that her Dad and Creed were staring at each other. She smiled. Creed could be her dad. He was perfect. Her dad liked him, she could tell.

"Well, we should get going. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for today." Haven smiled and stood up.

"No problem, Haven." Creed really loved saying his name.

"Okay, Creed." Haven stared at him.

Creed stood up. "Let me walk you out." He walked them to the front door and opened it.

"When will I see you again?" Lois asked. She really liked Creed.

"Oh! I don't know. Uh..." Creed had no idea what to say. He hadn't planned on seeing them again.

"Come to the fall festival! It's on Friday. The day before Halloween night. There's bobbing for apples, costume contests and we get to go trick or treating. I'm going to be a vampire this year!" Lois was excited.

"That sounds fun for you. I think I'm staying here. But I will be passing out candy to any brave kids that come here on Halloween. Maybe you can visit!" Creed smiled as he cursed himself. He hadn't meant to say that. He was inviting them back? What?

"What kind of candy?" Lois was making sure to see him. More importantly, for her dad to see him.

"The good stuff. Large candy bars." Creed smiled at Lois.

"I'm coming. I can watch Tyler pee his pants. Are you going to decorate?" She hoped so.

"Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I might have to! Maybe I can dress like a vampire as well!" Creed smiled. He could do that with no problem. Halloween might be fun.

"That would be cool. Make it spooky!" Haven started decorating the yard in his head. "Put some fog machines over there and skeletons. Have something by the stairs that jumps or growls. Get the jump scare effect. Make the kids scream and that won't take much because they were scared of this house already!" Haven stopped. "Sorry!"

Creed smiled. Haven looked so free and happy while talking about decorations and Creed loved it. "No, it sounds perfect. I may have to ask for your expertise!" He liked Haven even though he shouldn't. He cleared his throat.

Lois put her hands on her hips. "You better get started. Halloween is next Saturday and I will drop by. I promise!" She smiled.

Creed nodded. "I will give you spooky. I don't want to frighten you."

"I don't scare easily, Creed!" Lois smiled.

"I noticed." Creed smiled at her. Lois hugged him as he bent down, she kissed his cheek.

"Night. Thanks for letting us eat pie with you, Creed." Lois smiled at him again. She loved him already. He was kind and talked to her.

"Thanks right back, Lois, for breaking into my house." Creed smiled at the cute little girl. She giggled. "It's getting late. Better get home, Sweetheart." He stood up and looked at Haven. "Thanks for the pie."

Haven smiled. "Anytime, Creed." He inhaled. "Let me know if you need help." with anything. He would do anything to Creed...for him. Oops. Just to help with Halloween. For Lois. Right. He was staring at Creed when Lois cleared her throat.
"Dad."

"Right. Night." Haven tripped down the stairs and rushed to the car. He sped away as Creed watched the lights disappear.

"Nice kid." Killian was there.

"I know." Creed walked into the house and slammed the door. "I'm going to bed."

"So, you are decorating for Halloween?" Killian smiled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Creed turned and glared. "Shut up." He sighed and walked to his room, smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 64.5K 31
Holly has been forced to move across the country to a town she never heard of. Unknown to her, Evanswood is over-run by werewolves. As she adjusts to...
Blizzard Creeps By renzo a.b

Mystery / Thriller

315 60 10
When Matthew and Mason Hoover receives an invitation from a long-lost colleague, they were offered to join him at a secluded resort to spend the holi...
518K 18.9K 38
{CURRENTLY EDITING (hopefully) ALL GRAMMATICAL ERRORS} Rosa Conner is from the Cresent Moon Pack is 16 years old and is childish in every way she lik...
53K 1.2K 11
Holly is your average highschool student. That is, until one night she is partying with her friends in the woods and they recive a little suprise. No...