๐ˆ ๐‡๐€๐“๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”, ๐ˆ ๐‹๐Ž๏ฟฝ...

By sofifics

Since Big John's disappearance, June Routledge decides to come back to Outer Banks after a while of not being... More

๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ.
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐š๐๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ: ๐–๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐“๐ก๐š๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘: ๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐’๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ?
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’: ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐–๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ .
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“: ๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”: ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐‡๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐ .
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•: ๐‚๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐ฒ ๐„๐ง๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–: ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐…๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—: ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐–๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ: ๐Š๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐‚๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐Ž๐ง๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐๐ซ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐Œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ซ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐‚๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ฑ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ๐๐ข๐จ๐ญ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘: ๐”๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’: ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐“๐จ ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Œ๐š๐๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“: ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐†๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐–๐จ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅy ๐–๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ , ๐€๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”: ๐€๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•: ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐“๐จ ๐‘๐ž๐ฌ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–: ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—: ๐“๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ: ๐‡๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ ๐๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ƒ๐จ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐”๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค๐ž๐.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘: ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ž๐๐ž๐.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’: ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐‡๐ข๐ญ ๐‡๐ž๐ซ ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐€ ๐๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐œ๐ค.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ข๐๐๐ž๐ง.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”: ๐„๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ .
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•: ๐–๐š๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐†๐จ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–: ๐†๐จ๐จ๐๐›๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ.
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐‡๐ข๐ซ๐š๐ž๐ญ๐ก.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—: ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐ข๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ: ๐“ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ: ๐€ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐€๐๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ.

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ: ๐‹๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ.

273 5 2
By sofifics

"I'm fine,
I keep bringin' all my problems to a pillow fight."

[POV: Bailey]

One month technically trapped on this boat, it felt surreal once you put deep thoughts into it. I kept repeating the same routine everyday, waking up, eating, talking and back to sleep.

Unfortunately, no showers on the boat which was sort of surprising.

Learning that you committed a mistake stings a lot, you realize you weren't thinking straight at some points. Do I regret doing the decisions I took one month ago? Absolutely. The only good thing about all of this is that I met some amazing people.

Nalani: "Hey, food's ready."

I looked up to the metal door, this one leading to the room I have been sleeping inside of for days now. There stood the tall red head girl, Nalani Singh.

The mentioned girl is my caretaker while staying on the boat, they assigned her to look out for me until I'm able to get out of here. She's really nice, always doing crazy unexpected stuff though.

I know she would be define a whole pogue if she was ever on the island I used to call home.

Bailey: "What did they cooked today?" -I asked, dropping the magazine I was reading on my bed.

Nalani: "They made some hot chocolate and there's soup as well, pick whatever you like."

I nodded and walked towards the girl to follow her through the boat's hallway. She knocked on multiple doors and told whoever was inside to wake up as well, then, she stopped in front of another door.

She smiled at me and opened the heavy metal door, I peeked inside and spotted Sarah. Her eyes widened and her lips were quick to form a smile.

Sarah: "Bails, hey." -she greeted, running towards me to quickly hug my aching body.

I had multiple sunburns that stung pretty badly, you see, we were basically forced to help out on the boat in some stuff. Me in particular, I was helping on the outsides, cleaning the boat's deck.

Bailey: "Hi...how are you holding up?" -I asked, grabbing her hands gently.

Sarah: "Better, John B has been wondering about you."

We had been separated for quite a while on the boat, just because we were placed to work on different areas.

Bailey: "Where is he right now?"

Sarah: "He's finishing up some of his work, pretty sure he's coming back soon though." -she replied, grabbing a strand of my hair in between words.

I glanced down to her hand and noticed how surprised she seemed over my hair color.

Bailey: "Not that big of a change."

Sarah: "Yes it is, it's literally light brunette...your hair was black. Also, you cut it."

Bailey: "The hair color changed by itself, I don't know how." -I mentioned, brushing the strand she held behind my ear.

Nalani: Your hair reacts to the sun, as does your skin, by changing colour. It's because of the UV rays, during the summer."

The red head mentioned, catching us by surprise over the sudden fact. We both nodded still covered in surprise, looking at each other then.

Bailey: "Your hair is also different, much blonder."

Sarah: "I knew I wasn't crazy." -she mumbled, making me let out a laugh.

We then walked out of the room and followed Nalani along, the red head girl was pretty quiet as we walked together. It caught me off guard since she's usually loud and a complete joy to be around, I was worried for her.

We then reached the dining area and looked around, a lot of the boat workers were already grabbing some of the food. Sarah and I, walked towards the table as well and grabbed whatever we thought was good for our empty stomachs.

I only grabbed a cup of hot chocolate since there was only one soup bowl available, I handed it to Sarah quickly and the girl only smiled brightly my way.

Sarah: "There's, John B." -she spoke, pointing at the boy that currently sat still on one of the tables inside the cafeteria the boat had.

We walked towards him and sat in front of him, the boy's eyes widening brightly as he held eye contact with me.

John B: "Bailey?"

Bailey: "Hey, B." -I smiled, messing up his hair that had also gotten lighter.

John B: "Dude, we've been thinking about you."

Bailey: "Yeah, Sarah told me. I'm good though, just been busy." -I mentioned, drinking some of the hot chocolate after speaking.

Sarah: "Did you finished working?"

The boy looked at his girlfriend while eating and nodded, she did his same expression and smiled my way right after.

Sarah: "You don't have any work today, right?" -she questioned, turning to look over to me with worry.

Bailey: "Not that I know of...why?"

The blonde one smiled once again and clapped excitedly, she then moved her head closer and looked around the area suspiciously.

Sarah: "John B and I, are thinking of heading to the tallest part of the boat, we're almost reaching our stop and we want to see how far away we are."

The girl whispered carefully and then grabbed another sip of her soup, I looked around the cafeteria with frowned eyebrows and stared back at her.

Bailey: "Why are you whispering?"

Sarah: "They can't know about this." -she explained, pointing over to Nalani and some girl beside her.

Bailey: "Why not?"

John B: "They don't allow people up there, you didn't know?" -he spoke, arching his eyebrows bewildered.

I shook my head side to side and glanced back at the red hair, she smiled my way and waved later on. I did the same quickly and looked back at the pair, they only grinned awkwardly.

Bailey: "Look, I trust Nalani, she's very nice and doesn't really care about what her boss says."

John B: "Well, I heard she's very protective of the boat too...especially the top area we want to go to." -he explained, passing me the rest of his soup.

I glanced at the plate and looked up at him again, my eyebrows raised up confused.

Bailey: "What's up?" -I questioned, seeing how nervous he seemed.

John B: "Eat the rest, you can't stay with an empty stomach."

I looked over to Sarah and received a reassuring smile from her, beginning to eat then from the soup quickly.

Sarah: "We will meet you outside the window of your room, make sure you keep it open." -she whispered, receiving a nod from me as I chewed onto some of the soup's chicken.

John B: "See you later, Bails."

Bailey: "Bye, guys." -I mumbled, watching how they then stood up from the chairs and warned Nalani that they were done already.

The pair disappeared from my sight a couple of seconds later, so I was left alone on the table completely overwhelmed with thoughts.

I was just pretty much just having anxious thoughts though, I was wondering about how different and difficult was life going to be once we did our stop.

I had quite a big idea already.
________________________________

I spent hours on my room just reading some books they had left abandoned on the space I was in, they were interesting at least. Reading helped me forget everything I was thinking of earlier, but I could still feel that slight anxiety building up.

My attention was caught by a knock on my window, I knew who it belonged to obviously.

I glanced back and noticed Sarah peeking through, she motioned me to walk over and I did. She pointed at the window, reminding me to open the glass to be able to head out.

Sarah: "The upstairs is cleared, I don't think they're patrolling today." -she whispered, once I had already opened the window.

Bailey: "Are you sure?"

Sarah: "Absolutely, John B's waiting for us over there." -she mentioned, helping me exit through the small space.

I was eventually able to get out and we began to make our way through the hallways of the boat. It was pretty quiet, you could only hear the wind but there was no human voice around the area like usual.

Bailey: "So, when do you think we're finally landing?" -I asked in a whispery way, following the girl closely behind.

Sarah: "John B says we might land tomorrow, I think so too."

I smiled out of relief and looked around the space that was being lighted by the moon. We made it up some steps and spotted someone walking around the boat. The girl pulled my arm quickly and hid me behind a wall alongside her.

She took heavy breaths out of the sudden scare and looked over to me with widened eyes.

Bailey: "I thought you said it was not being patrolled." -I whispered, looking at the girl while fearing for the both of us.

Sarah: "We checked the whole area, we literally saw no one."

Bailey: "Where's John B at?" -I asked, peeking through the wall carefully to see if I saw the boy anywhere near.

The girl stayed quiet for a couple of seconds and then her hand reached for mine, she pulled me to another wall quickly and hid us both once again.

Sarah: "He must be a little ahead, don't worry."

Bailey: "Or, what if he got caught and they are already looking for us?"

Sarah: "Don't say that." -she demanded, hitting my hand suddenly.

I grunted and hit hers, she opened her mouth widely after my sudden action and hit me again.  We kept slapping each other's arms repeatedly when all of a sudden a light was flashed our way.

We gasped out loud and glanced at whoever was shining the light to our faces, but, we were then quick to notice the person was John B.

John B: "Why are you girls hiding?" -he questioned, helping Sarah and I up.

Sarah: "Somebody was looking around the area."

John B: "That was me, looking for you two." -he replied, allowing us both to sigh out of relief.

We walked away from the wall we hid in, following then the brunette boy who looked around carefully. As we made our way through some steep steps, we all finally reached eventually our destination.

The top balcony was extremely high up, my nerves instantly began to kick over my small fear of heights.

Sarah: "We are here." -she chuckled, holding onto the railing of the small balcony.

I held onto it as well extremely tightly, proceeding to follow the girl who was quick to notice how scared I was.

Bailey: "Don't you dare say a thing." -I mumbled, hearing the girl's chuckle.

She stretched her hand my way, raising her eyebrows to let me know I could hold onto her.

Sarah: "You are okay, Bails." -she reassured, holding my hand gently.

I held onto her slight sweaty palm and walked alongside her.

Bailey: "Do you see anything, B?"

The boy glanced around very focused, he was pretty quiet at first but then he clicked his tongue suddenly.

John B: "I see some land, pretty closely actually."

Sarah: "Where?" -she asked, pulling me with her to approach the boy.

We stopped beside him and looked at the direction he was glancing to, we couldn't see a thing. I sighed and focused more in finding the shadow of the near land.

John B: "Do you see it now?" -he asked, shining his flashlight towards the distance.

Sarah: "John B, are you dumb?"

I laughed by the boy's action, seeing Sarah's annoyed expression. They both argued like a married couple, it was constant.

John B: "Yeah, I am."

We then walked away from the balcony and began to make our way down carefully, the breeze was making the cable stairs shake a lot.

But thankfully, we finally reached down. Everyone made sure to check our surroundings first. Everything was clear and no one was outside, I took a heavy breath and placed my hair up in a bun.

John B: "Hey, you think you can make your way back to your room alone?" -he asked, shining towards the ground for us to be able to see.

Bailey: "I think so, I'll be careful."

Sarah: "Don't get yourself in trouble or you'll get thrown off the plank." -she joked, receiving a glare from me.

I then chuckled and stopped my tracks once I saw a light shining on the distance. My eyes widened big enough for Sarah to notice since she looked towards the area I was looking at.

Bailey: "Shit, get down!" -I whispered, pulling the pair down.

We all docked down and crawled towards a nearby desk that was placed for the guard to sit at, I always thought it was a weird place to put a desk in.

Sarah: "Who the hell was that?" -she asked, peeking up to see if she could see anything.

We stayed quiet after listening to some footsteps getting near, our eyes instantly eyeing each other with fear of being caught. Then, a familiar voice echoed through the space.

Nalani: "I already saw you guys."

The three of us looked at each other with frowned eyebrows, peeking out of the desk to see Nalani shining the light our way. She had her other hand resting on her waist, her face seeming completely done.

Nalani: "You are not in trouble if you're worried about that."

We all stood up and glanced at her nervously.

Bailey: "I'm very sorry about all of this, we were just trying to see how far away from land we were."

Nalani: "Yeah, I figured. Come on, let's get you all back to your rooms before someone else sees." -she replied, motioning us to follow her.

We walked behind her as she headed down some small steps, I felt relief that the girl understood us. I knew we could trust her, she's helped us from the moment we arrived here.

Sarah: "Do you know the hour, Nalani?" -she asked, pointing towards the girl's wrist since she had a clock.

The red head checked the device shortly after the question, looking up towards Sarah then.

Nalani: "It's about to be 4:00, you should all really get some rest before you land."

We stopped shortly after walking a couple of steps more, reaching the window that led to John B and Sarah's room. They both turned to look at me, smiling later on.

Sarah: "We'll see you tomorrow, Bails."

Bailey: "Yeah, of course." -I replied, waving at the pair.

They then entered carefully through the window while Nalani watched our surroundings carefully.

John B: "Good night, Bailey." -he whispered, receiving a smile from me as he closed the window.

Minutes later, Nalani and I reached my room. She opened the window for me and helped me climb up gently.

Nalani: "I'll stop by your room once we reach land, sleep well."

Bailey: "Thank you, Nalani. You've helped a lot, really." -I mentioned, flashing the girl a gentle smile.

She nodded in agreement and looked around the area after.

Nalani: "Is all I can do, Bailey. Just get some rest and don't get yourself into more trouble." -she chuckled, waving goodbye at me.

I then watched her walk off as I closed my window, finishing after and throwing myself on the bed.

Was this finally the fresh start?

[POV: June]

Fresh start they say, people think that new things happening after a life changing event help. It might help for some, for me...it hasn't.

Seeing my three friends chopping part of a tree to write my brother's name was something I wasn't hoping to see anytime soon. It felt surreal that this was the way we had to say goodbye to him, it felt unfair.

We all stood completely silent in front of the tree, our faces just screaming pure shock.

After yesterday's accident, everything sort of changed again. We knew how people chose to believe the aggressors instead of the victims.

I found out a couple of minutes ago that Mr. James was forced to close his shop.

Everything was my fault and he didn't deserve this.

I could've hold my anger in and not ruin the whole party, but I couldn't and the consequences arrived.

JJ: "To John B. -he mumbled, raising his bottle of alcohol to the air.

We all eyed him carefully, looking over to the tree once again with teary eyes.

Kie: "And to Sarah." -she weakly recalled, staring over to me gently.

I took a heavy breath and placed a handmade bouquet of flowers inside of a hole we had unburied.

Pope: "To Bailey Martin, as well."

We all nodded, allowing Kie to place the box we had prepared filled with different objects that reminded us of our friends. We helped her burry it carefully, seconds later finishing.

Was life really that unfair?

I thought to myself since I genuinely couldn't believe it, we used to be so happy before everything happened and now...we are drained.

Pope: "I have to go."

Kie: "Where are you going?" -she asked, frowning her eyebrows confused.

Pope: "My pop's crazy, he thinks I'm going to turn into a "killer" now. He made a new curfew for me, guys."

Kie: "You can't call and tell him you'll arrive a little late?"

June: "Kie it's fine, he doesn't have to stay here all the time." -I mentioned, rubbing Pope's arm reassuringly.

He faintly smiled and grabbed my hand gently, his eyes focused on mine.

Pope: "I'll stop by tomorrow, okay?"

June: "Don't push yourself too hard, Pope."

He then nodded and walked off without any other words, waving goodbye to JJ and Kie.

We all just stood completely silent after seeing the boy leaving, I took a seat on the ground and glanced at the tree carefully. I could feel the pair's eyes on me, making me sigh out of frustration.

June: "You guys can leave, I'll be fine." -I whispered, wiping a tear away from my cheek.

Kie: "June, we don't want to leave you alone."

June: "Well, I want to be alone." -I replied dryly, eyeing the girl.

She took a deep breath and crouched beside me, her arm surrounding my shoulders that soon after rested on top gently.

Kie: "Like you said, don't push yourself too hard."

I grabbed her arm and rested my head on her shoulder, tears continuing to run down my cheeks. Another pair of arms surrounded me, belonging to JJ.

JJ: "We'll be okay."
________________________________

After the extremely bad morning I had, I was now walking around town. I didn't wanted to be here at all, but I needed to stop by the market and buy some food.

People stared at me like they usually do now, dirty glares, pity glares, hateful and disgusted glares. I don't even know what to call them anymore, they just glare badly my way.

I had the small groceries already packed on some bags, my bicycle basket was just waiting for me to fill it up. As I finished paying the groceries, I walked out of the store and carefully roomed the parking lot.

I could feel someone staring at me, that uncomfortable feeling making me take a look around. As my eyes darted around the parking lot of the market in search of whoever was looking, I spotted someone familiar staring at me.

My tracks instantly stopped, shock beginning to overtake me as I stared into those blue eyes that once made me feel so weak.

Rafe: "I need your help."

My eyes widened completely by the sight of the boy being a couple of steps away from me, I walked off quickly from him and tried to reach my bike as fast as I could.

I knew he was following closely behind, this making me turn around quickly to look at him.

June: "Stay away from me, Rafe!" -I shouted, watching how he suddenly stopped and raised his arms in surrender.

Rafe: "Look, I'm not here to arg-"

June: "I don't give a fuck what you are here for, I need you to stay away from me or else-"

Rafe: "Or else what?" -he interrupted, stepping closer to me suddenly.

I swallowed saliva instantly and looked at my surroundings, I was hoping to see someone around but there was literally no one I could ask for help.

June: "Step back, now." -I mumbled, placing my groceries inside the bike basket.

Rafe: "You know, you give a lot of orders."

June: "I don't care." -I replied, glaring his way completely disgusted.

Rafe: "Figured you didn't."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards my bicycle's seat, but the boy quickly grabbed my wrist. He turned me around and held me close to him.

June: "What do you want?!" -I snapped, letting out a grunt over his tight grip.

Rafe: "Little birdie told me you were planning on telling the police about what happened, you better not."

June: "Who told you that?" -I asked, while continuously trying to take his grip away from me.

Rafe: "I have my contacts, I guess."

June: "Funny."

Rafe: "You sure about that?" -he questioned, moving a strand of hair away from my face.

I moved my head away from his hand quickly, finally being able to push him off towards a car behind him. He grunted out loud, suddenly then glaring my way with rage.

I knew that glare far too well already.

June: "Rafe, calm down."

Rafe: "You're going to p-"

The sound of a cop siren alarmed us, both of us looked at the direction the sudden sound came from. Then we spotted someone we knew perfectly, I stepped away from Rafe right after and glanced his way.

Shoupe: "Rafe, I suggest you to leave the girl alone." -he said, rolling the window of his vehicle down.

The blond boy raised his arms up and walked away quickly, this without even looking my way. I let out a sigh of relief, turning to glance at the man again.

Shoupe: "Get inside, Miss. Routledge."

June: "I have my bike." -I mentioned, scratching my neck nervously.

Shoupe: "I'll attach it to my car, I need to have a talk with you."

He then exited his vehicle and walked towards my bike, he handled me the grocery bags before picking up the bike and moving it to his trunk to attach it. I rolled my eyes completely annoyed, walking towards the passenger seat area and opening the door.

He eventually finished attaching the bike and headed inside the car to began driving. I could listen to the way he chewed gum, the sound of it sent shivers and nausea all at the same time to me. I sent the man a glare, receiving a confused glance from him.

June: "What do you want?" -I asked with a firm tone, placing my arm against the vehicle's door.

He took a while to answer, eventually sighing out loud and sending a warning gaze my way.

Shoupe: "I want you to stop getting into trouble, June."

June: "Trouble? What kind of trouble do you think I'm getting myself into? This was my first time out in town after what happened."

Shoupe: "I mean with Rafe." -he quickly spoke, focusing his attention on the road.

I scoffed out loud and adjusted the way I was sitting to face him better in the car, he only eyed me with furrowed eyebrows.

June: "He was the one that talked to me, Sir. I never wanted to see his face again."

Shoupe: "What did he want exactly?" -he questioned, taking his black sunglasses off.

June: "You won't believe me."

I replied dryly, looking away to not see his face anymore.

Shoupe: "Look, June, I just want to help."

June: "Bullshit."

Shoupe: "Excuse you?"

June: "What you heard, Shoupe." -I spoke confidently, staring at the outsides and then spotting Heyward's shop not too far away.

Shoupe: "June, this is exactly how your father started...getting in trouble with cops and people. Then, your brother, do you really want to be like them?"

June: "Stop the car." -I mumbled as I heard his words.

Shoupe: "What?"

June: "Stop the car!"

I shouted at the man, watching how startled he got and quickly stopped the vehicle right beside the entrance to Heyward's shop.

My hand quickly reached for the door handle, opening it as fast as I could. I could hear Shoupe calling for me, but I ignored the man completely. Heading out of the car finally, I slammed the vehicle's door hard enough for the sound to echo loudly.

I was surprised that the cop didn't seem to care about my attitude, once I did what I did, I really thought I was going to get arrested. But instead, he simply drove off and left me there just like I wanted.

As I walked towards Heyward's shop, a mix of anticipation and nostalgia filled my heart. This quaint little place had become one of my many sanctuaries, the shop managed to provide solace and comfort during the darkest times of my life.

Just the thought of entering the shop and seeing Heyward's warm smile was enough to make me feel a bit lighter amidst the weight of my grief. Even though I knew Heyward believed John B actually was guilty of what happened, he still helped me out due to Pope's pleadings.

Ever since the devastating loss of John B, Sarah and Bailey, I had found it incredibly difficult to navigate through life. The pain of their absence echoed through my every waking moment, creating a void that seemed impossible to fill.

But there was something about Heyward's shop, an indescribable magic that seemed to momentarily ease my sorrow.

As I drew closer, I couldn't help but recall the very first time I came back here after what had happened that night. It was as if fate had guided me towards its doorstep. Heyward, with his gentle nature and empathetic eyes, provided a safe space for me to share my deepest sorrows and fears. His understanding and willingness to listen without judgment brought a sense of calm to my troubled soul.

Approaching the shop's door, I felt a flicker of hope ignite within me. It was a beacon in the darkness, reminding me that healing was possible, and that I wasn't alone in my struggles.

As I reached for the doorknob, I whispered a silent prayer of gratitude for the haven that awaited me inside.

Entering Heyward's shop, I was instantly greeted by a familiar warmth.

Heyward: "Now what happened over there?"

I looked aside, spotting Heyward, with his kind eyes and calming presence. He welcomed me with open arms.

June: "I'm so glad your shop is opened today." -I cried onto the man's chest, embracing him tightly.

He carefully rubbed my back and hugged me back, a ukulele melody echoing through the hallway of the shop.

Heyward: "Sweetheart, my shop is always open." -he reminded me, allowing a chuckle to leave my lips.

June: "Right."

I sniffled, wiping away a tear from my cheek and looking around the area. In that moment, I knew I had found a place where pain didn't feel as heavy, where grief was understood without words. And as I settled into the cocoon of serenity, I allowed myself to be embraced by the healing powers of this special place, reminding myself that even in the darkest moments, there was always a glimmer of light awaiting to guide me.

Heyward: "The shop hasn't been to busy today though, want anything to eat or drink?"

I glanced at the man shortly after his question, watching how he walked behind the counter of the store.

June: "Do you have some tea?"

Heyward: "I do." -he replied, nodding confidently after my question.

June: "I would like to have some."

Heyward: "I'm on it."

He then proceeded to walk towards the back part of the shop, but before he did, he turned around and looked at me.

Heyward: "Look around and tell me if you want something else."

I nodded in agreement and stood up from the chair I had sat on, proceeding to walking deeper into the shop. The moment I stepped foot into one of the corners of the shop, a wave of familiarity washed over her. The shelves lined with trinkets and curiosities, the soft sounds of soothing music floating through the air, it all felt like a warm embrace.

The specific area I was in reminded me a lot of my dad's antique room, I smiled faintly as I grabbed a book that rested on one of the shelves. I didn't knew Heyward sell all of this stuff, I thought it was only food.

But I slowly discovered different qualities of the man, like, he has wisdom and guidance that can become a guiding force. He loves poetry and music, surprisingly.

Cuddles...he loves cuddles.

When he sees his wife, the very first thing he does is give her a big hug.

In Heyward's shop, there was also some tales of resilience, love, and growth. He told me that they inspired him to find his own strength and courage. The artifacts scattered around held fragments of history, each with their own tale of resilience and survival.

Shortly after taking a big look around, I heard what sounded like the shop's door opening. The bell rang loudly, gaining my attention instantly. I turned around and spotted JJ entering. Our eyes instantly met, his shining brighter than ever over the sun hitting them.

JJ: "June? Hey."

June: "Hey, what are you doing here?"

JJ: "Nothing much, just bringing this to Heyward."

He showed me a box filled with old stuff inside, making me frown my eyebrows.

June: "Wait, Heyward also sells used items?"

JJ: "Yeah, I found out recently as well." -he chuckled, placing the box on top of the counter.

I stepped beside him, waiting for Heyward to get back to the front area of the shop. JJ began to walk around the shop, beginning to browse through the shelves.

June: "Don't steal anything, please?"

He turned around and glance my way, grabbing a plastic ball that laid on the shelf, throwing it towards me. I catch it quickly, sending him a surprised glare.

JJ: "How did you knew my intentions?" -he asked, making my eyes widened.

June: "Are you being serious, JJ?"

The boy then chuckled while shaking his head, his messy hair and warm smile instantly melting walls I had built around my heart. I could feel my cheeks flushed with a mix of excitement and anxiety, but I quickly masked my emotions, not wanting to give away my true feelings.

JJ: "I was just kidding, okay? I could never steal anything from, Heyward."

June: "Good to know."

He then nodded and continued to search as I waited, I meandered through the aisles again, carefully examining the treasures that adorned the shelves. I was trying to distract myself from the thoughts that lingered in the corners of my  mind. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake the flutter of nervousness that ignited within me at the possibility of JJ looking at me.

I had known JJ for a month now, but over time, a deep and undeniable connection had developed between us since the night we kissed. I can't help but think about that kiss every time I look at him.

It intertwined our lives in a way that went beyond mere friendship. As more days pass, my fondness for him grew into something more, a quiet love that I knew I needed to guard with utmost care.

You see, I fear that I could ruin our beautiful friendship, also lose the comfort and familiarity we shared. I worried that if I expressed my true feelings, our connection would become strained, forever altering the dynamics of our relationship. And so, I chose to keep my affections hidden, tucked away like a fragile secret.

I glance at JJ once more, courage suddenly building within me. I quickly approached him, throwing the ball he had thrown my way at him this time.

JJ: "What was that for?" -he asked, grabbing the ball from the ground.

I chuckled and walked closer to him, ruffling his hair all of a sudden. He seemed surprised by my sudden action, but I acted like I didn't noticed. As I stared into his eyes then, preparing myself to tell him how I felt...the courage disappeared as I realized the current situation I was struggling with.

The weight of uncertainty held me back, casting a shadow over my burgeoning desires. I couldn't bear the thought of getting into a relationship just a month after losing so many people all at once. Also, literally jeopardizing the connection we had built already, transforming it into something unrecognizable.

So, I masked my longing with playful banter and friendly gestures, hoping that my true intentions would remain hidden.

June: "Here, throw it my way now." -I ordered, stepping away from the boy as I waited for him to throw the ball.

Heyward: "Throw something in my shop and I'm throwing you out of my shop." -the man suddenly spoke, pointing at JJ.

I chuckled over the man's tone, walking towards the counter as I noticed he had already prepared my tea.

JJ: "This is what took you so long to come out of there?" -he questioned, pointing at the cup of tea and looking at Heyward.

Heyward: "That and a small make-out section with my beautiful wife."

JJ: "That's disgusting, man." -he mumbled, receiving a glare from Heyward as I laughed.

As the time in the shop ticked away, I grappled with conflicting emotions. A part of me yearned to reach out and embrace the possibility of something more, while another part feared the unknown, clinging to the comfort of our existing friendship. It was a delicate dance, one that I was afraid of misstepping.

JJ: "Okay, well, I gotta go home now."

June: "Really? Already?" -I asked, receiving a saddened nod from JJ.

He embraced me into a short hug, pulling away to move a strand of hair away from my face.

JJ: "I'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?"

June: "Shit, I forgot about school." -I spoke with frustration, covering my face.

JJ: "You got everything set up, right?"

June: "Yeah, I do."

JJ: "That's what I thought."

I smiled and watched him pick his backpack up, glancing my way later on.

JJ: "I'll come over to your house then, if you're going to miss me that much."

I rolled my eyes over his cocky sentence, later on smiling at him.

June: "Don't get too confident, sweetheart. I just don't want to be alone today at the château."

The boy only nodded while smirking, waving goodbye at Heyward. And so, as JJ bid his farewell, I watched him walk away, my heart heavy with unspoken words. The familiar pang of longing settled within me, a bittersweet reminder of the affection I held but couldn't vocalize. I only made a silent promise to myself, to cherish our friendship and guard it fiercely, even if it meant sacrificing my own desires.

As I lingered in the shop for a few more quiet moments, I gathered my strength and reminded myself that sometimes, the most precious things in life were worth protecting, even if it meant keeping them hidden within the depths of my heart. And as I payed the tea I drank from Heyward, said goodbye to the man and prepared to leave, I couldn't help but wonder if fate would one day grant me the courage to reveal my true feelings, or if our friendship would forever remain an unspoken love silently cherished in the chambers of my soul.

[End of chapter]

Sofia's notes:
Finally updated this book!! FEEL PROUD OF ME 🫶🏼

I've been trying to stay active on all of my books but that's become harder than I thought.

Hopefully you guys are patient and wait for me<3

This chapter was a little juicy but at the same time not juicy lmao. You also got to meet our new girl NALANI<3 she's so cutie patootie 🤭

ALSO!! sorry if this chapter has writing errors, sooner or later I'll try to edit whatever error I'm able to find. Remember English is not my first language, so there's probably a lot of writing errors in there.

That's it, see you all soon!! Don't forget to vote and please don't be a silent reader 🫶🏼

Socials:

TikTok/Instagram: sofifics

Pinterest: sofiafics

Other Wattpad acc: Dreamvampires

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

686K 15K 30
SEASON ONE COMPLETED. SEQUEL "TROUBLED WATER" BEING PUBLISHED. Lee Carter is tired of change. Her whole life has been full of it, and she has decided...
172K 797 5
( ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ) โžต . . . in which isabel hampton's sworn enemy gets just a lit...
16.7K 330 15
[ outer banks -- seasons 3-4 ] Cordelia Maybank series: Exhale Nothing to Lose I DO NOT own Outer Banks, any of the show's characters or storylines...
169K 4K 62
"๐™€๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™จ" "๐™…๐™…-" "๐™‰๐™ค, ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™š, ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™š. ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š, ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™–๏ฟฝ...