Return of the Youngest Auclair

By EMAmask

| COMPLETED | IN PROGRESS OF REWRITING | Cameron shouldn't have kissed his childhood friend at that party, th... More

Trigger Warnings
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27

Ch. 16

296 14 0
By EMAmask

Matheo's voice echoed through the house, his frustration palpable. "Holy shit, are we actually going to this party or are you guys going to twiddle your thumbs all night?!" He screamed up the stairs.

Aiden, Mia, Matheo, and I had been waiting in the living room for what felt like an eternity. Matheo slumped back onto the couch next to me, his forearms resting heavily on the black suit pants he was wearing. "Gosh, what the heck is taking them so long?" He muttered under his breath.

Finally, the sound of footsteps echoed down the staircase. Alexandre strode into the room, followed closely by Lucien and Mylan. "We are here, calm yourself," he said coolly as if he hadn't just kept us waiting. "You make a bigger entrance if you arrive after everyone else."

Lucien, not one for small talk, turned on his heels and headed for the front door. "It doesn't matter," he said over his shoulder. "We are here now, so let's go."

As I follow my brothers out of the house I push the black hat I was wearing further down on my head to hide myself underneath. I had put a pair of brown contacts into my eyes, but the hat tranquilized a bit more of my apprehension. We all filed into one of the two black SUVs that were waiting outside for us.

As I was about to follow behind Aiden into one of the cars, Lucien called to me from where he was standing by the other car. "Cameron switch cars with Alexandre."

I watch Alexandre give Lucien a look, but he barely acknowledges it before giving him a slight nod and Alexandre walks over to where I was standing. 

As I walk over to where Lucien is now getting into the car, I ask in a low voice so that I can't be overheard, "Does this have to do with me going in unnoticed?"

"It does," Lucien says, now fully in his seat.

I pushed my way into the car only to see that the only open seat was in the back next to Mylan. With little struggle, I sit down next to a window and watch as the car slowly starts to roll away from the heavily guarded house.

The next few minutes go by fast in pure silence as everyone is on their phone. I myself am scrolling through different videos till hear the sound of Mylan twisting in his seat. "I'm sorry," Mylan mumbles so quietly I thought it wasn't real.

I turn my head slightly to get a better look at him. He had turned horizontally so that he could face me better without straining his neck.

"It was wrong of me to assume how you acted when you were away, but we all really missed you and I want to know that you are happy with your decision." He still spoke quietly, but I knew from his facial expressions that he really meant it.

"Thanks, and I did get a little too defensive, so I'm sorry for that..." I mumble off as I am pulled into a quick half hug. 

"I guess I better make this the best week of your life," Mylan smiles as we pull away from the hug.

Just then the car pulls to a stop and Lucien turns around to look at me. "I figured you wouldn't want to walk in through the main entrance." I give him a nod in understanding and he continues. "That door over there is the backdoor to the event. Just keep walking straight till you find a door next to the stairs. I believe you can figure out the rest. Good luck."

He opens the door on his side and I step out into the windy breeze.

The car pulls away and I swiftly readjust the navy blue sleeves on my suit checking to make sure that my weapons are still in place. I pull the tattered door open and quickly pass by the locker rooms to the door and stairs. After climbing three sets I pull open the door and step into the brightly lit ballroom.

This was very different from the parties in high school. Some of the most dangerous men and women stood with elegance and calculated eyes as they judged and traded information with the hope of a chance to further their partnerships and connections.

Men with suit ties too tight rapidly play through classical songs as though a knife was held directly above their heads while couples danced around the ballroom.

The ballroom was a grand space, with high ceilings and sparkling chandeliers that cast a warm glow over the room. The first thing that caught your eye was the open middle of the room, where the dance floor was located. The second and third floors were only half a floor, allowing guests to watch the dancing from above. The walls were adorned with intricate carvings and paintings, adding to the room's elegance.

I walked over to a small bar located along the wall. Alcohol is a key contributor to loosening the lips of the drinker. I sit down next to a large group of younger women and men.

"Did you hear about how one of the capo's sons of the Japanese Mafia turned out to be gay?"

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I heard a series of gasps of horror.

"How disgusting! They are spreading their disease around like the plague. Do you know what happened to him?"

"From the last information I got was that he was marrying some girl from their mafia."

"Oh I feel so bad for that girl, she is going to have a hard time trying to cure that disease, but at least he got help. Don't you remember that one kid who was supposed to be the heir, but those homos got to him first?"

"Oh yeah, his family was ruthless disowning him and sending him away with the disease. Don't they know it could spread?"

"Damn fuckers," a new voice mutters out directly next to me. I flip around to see the face of my ex.

My voice was barely above a whisper, but the force of my words pierced through the air like a knife. "What the hell?!"

It seems like the man was caught off guard by my sudden appearance too. He quickly said the question I had in my mind. "Luke, what are you doing here? You know what, never mind, nothing about you surprises me anymore."

I scan the room for a suitable spot and spot a table near the balcony that seems perfect for a conversation. I make my way over there, weaving through the crowd of people.

Once I reach my destination, I settle into my seat and watch and he takes the seat across from me. It was the perfect spot because from my vantage point, I can see the whole ballroom and observe everyone's movements, while being able to talk in peace.

"I am guessing you are part of the French Mafia, based on how good your French is." He says, switching to English for this conversation.

"Your guess would be correct," I reply, not caring now if he knew. I knew he wasn't the killer and I knew I could trust him to keep his mouth shut. "And you're the heir to the American mafia, impressive."

"You have something you want to add to that."

"Not really," I reply, giving him a derisive smile.

"Welcoming the new Don of the French Mafia and his family," an announcer says over the microphone as my family walks down the main steps and into the awaiting crowd of hungry sharks waiting to test out the new meat. Next to my brother though, is a woman in a long flowy green dress that compliments her tan skin and chestnut hair. It's true.

"It's no wonder I couldn't find a lot of information about you. You look just like your oldest brother with your eyes. Well, when you aren't wearing contacts that is."

He continues to talk, but I don't care as my eyes dance around the ground floor till I find the one person I am looking for dancing with some girl. My eyes zero in unknowingly as I watch him in his all-black suit spin the girl in a light pink dress around the dance floor elegantly probably encapturing her heart as he does.

My attention is abruptly drawn back to the man sitting beside me as he asks a question. "Was he the one you..." he says before trailing off.

Without waiting for my response, he shrugs, "I have sources you know." He swirls the red wine around in the glass and takes a sip. His gaze then shifts to Aiden, "You know, that man looks bored. But of course, I'm not going to tell you what you already know." His eyes meet mine as he continues, "You know there was a reason for the breakup. Don't make that mistake again by letting him slip through your fingers."

He takes another sip of his wine, finishing it, and adds, "Just know that you can ask me for help whenever you may need it." He starts to stand up. "Farewell for now." He pushes away from the table and walks over to the stairs leaving me to decipher his cryptic words.

.............................

AN: Thank you for 1k+ reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788K 29.7K 33
Time stretches out, the beat of my heart like a ticking clock. Spit it out. I slowly look down at his lips, making it as clear as possible. Rhys's br...
27.5K 1K 36
Mike is supposed to be the next captain of his school's basketball club, but the 17 year old play boy is distraught because he has to move after his...
1K 83 11
An ambitious Lawyer who raises his two brothers is going stir crazy. His brothers do not listen, they fight with each other, and the household feels...
20.9K 1.5K 25
[BXB] Archie Holland and Brooks Dawson decide to take a third and final shot at love. ☆☆☆ Brooks Dawson is falling apart. His mom's behavior is spira...