Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

Par MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... Plus

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

45

546 8 0
Par MayLarie10

*edited*

The sound of swords was my first clue that their plan had already gone bad. I moved in seeing Jace and Jonathan fighting one another. On the other side were Clary and Simon. 

Then Lilith and the very old vampire whose name I forgot. Isabelle moved with her whip catching his arm. He yanked it forward causing her to fall. Jace was thrown back by one of his strikes as I slid in blocking the blade.

"Sissy," He smiled.

"Hey Jonny," I threw his sword back making him stumble.

"What are you doing here?" His blade came crashing down on mine. My arms shook slightly as I ground my teeth. I kicked his shins making him fall and then scrambled to get up again.

"It's a family matter," I swung my sword hitting air as he flipped back. "Wouldn't miss this for the world."

"You're really getting on my nerves, Sissy." He hit my sword as I drew the other one free. He kicked me back. 

Isabelle moved forward to go for him, but he spun sending her back with a single strike. She flew back her limp body hitting one of the pillars.

"No!" I yelled. 

Jace went forward trying to hit him, but he was stabbed in the shoulder. I slashed Jonathan's shin hearing Clary's cries. I glanced over seeing her grip her leg, but she nodded to me.

"Ah!" Jonahtan knelt. I moved turning my blades as the handles hit his arms and chest. He stumbled back but used his foot again to kick me in the gut. I stumbled a bit but regained my footing. 

"You can't kill me, Sissy," He moved forward. "I'm your brother. It's Jonny." 

His eyes softened and I hesitated for a moment before going for his side, but he threw his blade up through my shoulder blade out my back like a hook. 

"We always do show our love oddly." I swept his legs out from under him. 

My knees hit the pavement as he crushed my hands forcing me to release the swords. He grabbed one going for Isabelle. I pushed myself up grabbing one of the other swords. 

Simon moved forward first biting into Jonathan's neck. When he pulled back his mouth was dripping black ooze. He was choking on the blood. Clary stumbled forward her hand going to her bleeding neck.

"Cain don't!" Simon grimaced. 

I could see the man reaching for the blade of the Malachi trap. He tried to run toward him, but his mark glowed. It threw Simon back. 

"Sister!" Jonathan yelled. Clary raised her stele putting a rune in the air.

"Clary don't!" Jace yelled. 

She pushed the rune toward Jonathan as I grabbed onto his shoulder. I would go where he went. We both fell backwards. I recognized the ceiling and I started laughing. 

"No." He stood up moving to the windows. "No!" I sat up slowly. My blood was already smeared on the floor.

"Sister." I mocked. He turned around pissed. I held my shoulder with one hand.

"Ahhh!" He came closer to me holding the sword to my throat.

"Do it," I smiled. "You need me, Jonny." 

He shoved me back my head hitting the concrete as I choked on my laughter. I turned over trying to push myself up, but he kicked me off.

"You're pathetic! Do you know that Lynn?! You are utterly useless!" He yelled. I tried to stop myself from laughing, but I couldn't. He was trapped. Clary got him.

"Says the one in a box," I smirked. He pointed the sword at me.

"You're in here too," He added. I pushed myself up gripping my shoulder.

"That is true," I looked around the room. "But you're in here."

"No!" He went back toward the window yelling as he hit the glass and attempted to break it. 

My body was exhausted and the blood loss was getting to me. If I didn't use my stele soon I wasn't going to be able to stop him and get out fast enough. I saw the guards come down through the hall.  

"No. No. No." He walked over and he tried to grab me. I fought, but let him take me in a headlock as he held the blade to my neck.

"Let me go or I will kill her!" He yelled. "I swear I will kill her!"  

The door opened slightly a riot team came in first. They held up their shields and weapons. His blade pressed to my neck making me wince.

"Alright!" Alec yelled. "Alright. Stop." 

He held up his hand staring at him. His eyes moved to me, but I already knew the plan. I pulled the sedative from my pocket stabbing it into his leg. The motion cut deeper into my neck.

"Lynn," Jonathan collapsed.

"You've got a minute," I stumbled forward. "Get him in chains and masked." 

Alec grabbed me pulling me out of the way. He used his stele to activate my healing rune. I patted his chest a few times taking a deep breath. 

"Great job," I mumbled. He kissed the top of my head. I saw the blood I got on him. "Shit sorry." He swept me up in his arms bridal style. "I can walk."

"I don't care." 

He moved through the guards. Underhill gave me a tight smile. We were on the other side of the glass as we watched them get Jonathan restrained. His arms and feet were chained at length so he couldn't hurt himself. The mask over his face.

"I hope someone caught Clary," I breathed. 

He slowly started to come too as they finished. They lined up on the outside as he pulled at the restraints. I could tell in his eyes that he was screaming, but the soundproofing was on. Alec turned his body moving back into the elevator. 

"'You can put me down," I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He looked down at me. "That I didn't tell you what they were up to."

"It's okay. It worked out." I played with the neckline of his shirt.

"I know, but I talk about communication and then keep that from you," He clenched his jaw. "I'm sorry. I will do better."

"You make this relationship sound like a job," I laughed. He smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"You gotta get cleaned up before dinner."

"Dinner?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, dinner with my Mom. We've gotta tell her the news remember and probably pick a day." He carried me down the hall.

"Are we going to be able to do that?" I asked. "There's a lot going on right now." He let me down as we got to the room. I opened the door letting him come in with me.

"Jonathan is in chains," Alec added. "Magnus is stable. Heidi is dead. I think now is the calmest it's ever going to be."  

I started stripping out of my bloody clothes. I grimaced as I moved my shoulder too much. My fingers going to my neck. The blood was wet, but the cut was closed.  

"How did you know he wouldn't kill you?" I turned around to look at Alec. His eyes moved to my neck. I looked away from him.

"I didn't, but now I know," I admitted. "There's a small part of my brother in there."

"Lena," He warned.

"I'm not reaching for it. Don't worry. I can't save him, the only thing I can do is kill him," I explained. "I know that better than anyone. I've told Clary that too, but the rune is messing with her head." I rubbed my face. "I feel like my hair is going to fall out." I turned around. "How are you doing?"

"Well my hair is still there," He ran his fingers through his hair. I laughed a little throwing my shirt at him as he caught it effortlessly. 

"Hey." He moved closer kissing me. He tossed the shirt back at my face as he laughed.

"Alec!" 

"Shower, we've got dinner!" He yelled. I yanked the shirt off my face and scoffed. He shut the door to the room. At least he was in a good mood. I walked into the bathroom.

***

"Ah Lena," Maryse kissed my cheek. I gave her a quick hug. She wanted us to have a little dinner at her new bookshop.

"It's amazing Maryse," I looked around.

"It truly is coming together," She nodded. I moved toward one of the shelves as she hugged Alec. "I didn't make anything and I know that's awful—."

"Maryse," I interrupted as she turned to me. "It's perfect." 

"Okay, sit, sit," She smiled. "I want to hear about your day and what this dinner is truly about?" She wiggled her eyebrows as Alec and I sat across the table from one another.

"Should we say it first," Alec looked over at me with a smirk.

"We should probably tell her," I looked at Maryse's face as she quickly jumped to assumptions. "I can see she's assuming a lot of things." Alec held up his left hand. Maryse looked at the ring.

"The one Lena gifted you?" She asked. I raised my hand showing her a similar one. She gasped a hand going to her mouth. "You asked her?!" 

"When? Why didn't you tell me? Was it romantic?" She grabbed my hands as her smile grew. "Oh, I must give you the family ring." 

"No, Maryse, you don't need to," I assured. She tilted her head at me.

"All the women in the family have worn it, you will have it even if you won't wear it. It's the family heirloom." She reasoned as she patted my hand a few times. "Oh, this is so exciting. You will need to get one of the silent brothers. And we will have to tell your father and Max." She rambled on.

"You can give the ring to Isabelle," I smiled.

"Yes, but Alec is the oldest it was going to go to him," She reasoned. I gripped her hands. "I'll give it to you and you can give it to Isabelle."

"I think she would appreciate it more if it came from you," I said. She reached forward touching my cheek.

"You have a pure heart, Lena," Maryse smiled. "That is very thoughtful of you, but you're a member of our family so you can't deny all of our family heirlooms."

"You have more?" I asked. Alec gave me a look.

"Your father will have to find them, but yes," She smiled. "Oh, this is so exciting. I want details," She looked at both of us. I gestured for Alec to explain. "Wait who asked who? Do I need to ask that?"

"Technically it was Lena who asked me first, but I proposed," Alec smiled.

"Oh, so Lena proposed," Maryse smirked as I laughed. 

"I should have brought Isabelle as backup," He shook his head.

"She would have taken my side," I pointed at him. Maryse licked his teeth as she fought the urge to smirk.

"Mmhmm whatever," He moved the food around to all of us. "Anyway! You explain then." He gave me a long look as I smiled putting some food on my plate.

***

Clary and I stood in front of the two-way window. Jonathan couldn't see us, but we could see him. He was still strung up and had his mouth covered.

"You couldn't sleep either," Clary said.

"I can't sleep while he's down here," I explained and she nodded. 

We both stood there with our arms crossed staring at the glass. We heard the elevator doors behind us and then footsteps. A coffee appeared in front of me. Alec gave me a tight smile as he handed it to me.

"Thank you," I kissed him.

"You both been down here?" Jace asked. 

I looked over seeing he didn't get Clary a coffee. Mine was a good temperature and the right amounts of coffee, creamer, and sweetener. Alec was just better.

"Can't sleep with him down here," Clary said. "Let me in there."

"No." Jace shook his head.

"If you are out here, then I will be fine," Clary added.

"I wanna be in there too," I said. Alec gave me a look, but I nodded. "I'm in control." He took my coffee for me giving his version of nonverbal permission.

Clary and I moved around the both of them as we walked in. The guard came in with us as he removed the mask from Jonathan's face. 

We stood in front of him. He smiled at both of us. Jonathan stood up straight and took in a deep breath.

"Don't worry, I won't bite," He told Clary.

"Where is the Morning Star sword?" Clary asked. He tilted his head looking over to me.

"I missed you too Sissy," His arms moved in their restraints. 

"Where is the sword?" I asked. He looked at my feet.

"We know it's capable of opening a rift to Edom," Clary moved behind me as we both went to opposite sides of the room again. "Is that why you want it? To release demons?"

"It's a Morgenstern family heirloom," He looked at me. "You would know." He tilted his head. I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry in which of Valentine's training sessions did he bring up the Morning Star sword?" I asked. He tried to lean forward.

"You weren't dumb Sissy, you know, together we can find it." I clenched my jaw. "It belongs in the hands of its rightful owners. Us." His eyes moved to the glass. "Your boyfriends are keeping a close eye on you. Do you think he feels guilty about leaving you alone at the ice rink?" Jonathan looked at Clary.

"I'm not here to chat, Jonathan. If you won't answer my questions, we're done?" Clary scoffed. He leaned forward staring at his lips. "Have fun in the gard." Clary went for the door. His eyes moved to me, but I walked after her.

"Wait! I'll tell you everything if you just stay a little longer," Jonathan begged. We both turned.

"I'm listening," I said.

"I've been waiting for this moment a long time," He looked between the both of us. "To be with you two. My sisters. For us to be a family again. We used to imagine it together, Lynn. Remember. Those nights that we would be forced to lay on that frozen basement—."

"Where is the sword, Jonathan?" I cut him off. "Do you know where it is?"

"When I finally heard you're name," He looked at Clary. "Clarrisa Morgenstern from Lilith's mouth. That you were a threat to us. I was happy. I had hope." He smiled. "And you," He looked at me. "Lilith spoke of you often. My demon mirror bound to earth while I walked on Edom. We are the same."

"This has nothing to do with the sword," Clary snapped.

"Of course it does," He looked at her. "We are family. This has always been about family. Our family. The three of us." He looked at both of us. I crossed my arms taking a deep breath. 

"We're meant to fight together, stand together. We're meant to be together. Everything I do, I do for us." I cringed and stared at him.

"Stop saying that," I shook my head.

"It's true Lynn, believe me. You used to," I closed my eyes for a moment and let out a long sigh. He was trying to play mind games with us. 

"I want the Morning Star sword for us." I felt something in my gut. Isabelle was doing something. I looked over seeing Alec move from the window.

"I've gotta go," I left the cell. "Watch Clary." Jace nodded and moved closer to the door of the cell. I went after Alec. I caught the elevator before he went up.

"Lena."

"What's going on?" I asked. He handed me my coffee once again.

"I don't know just yet," He sighed. "Isabelle is going to have to get a handle on her emotions."

"Like you have one on yours," I walked out first as we moved to the armory. Isabelle was standing there with Simon. Prisoner profiles on the screen. "What's going on?"

"I knew you would come," She smirked. I nodded and crossed my arms.

"We have a plan to infiltrate Heavenly Fire," Isabelle said. "We know that it's the transport team of only a few downworlders with specific traits on their transfer sheets." She gestured to the screen several already up there.

"So you're going to send Simon?" Alec asked.

"Zeke," Simon smiled. Isabelle clicked something as Simon's picture came to us. Zeke Russo. "I will go in and see what's happening."

"I will be able to track him with the tracking rune and telepathically communicate with him through Seelie rings," She muttered.

She walked around us the wall mount from its slot exposing all the weapons. She took a box and opened it handing him a ring. He slid it onto his finger and it disappeared. 

"It's invisible while you are awake, but when you are unconscious it seises to conceal itself."

"Keep that in mind," I said. Simon nodded as he touched his finger.

"This is extremely dangerous," Alec looked over at Simon. "Are you up for it?"

"If it will save Clary, yes," He nodded. 

"I don't like this, but I can't stop you from going. I'm not a downworlder and a glamor won't work through their wards, most likely," I reasoned.

"I got it, Lena, this time let me handle it," He patted my shoulder. 

"I'm trusting you," I nodded.

"Don't worry, I will be in contact with him," Isabelle explained.

"Okay, I will get a team ready for whenever you get the location," Alec said. He moved out of the room.

"Last chance, you sure you want to do this?" I asked. Simon gave me a mean look.

"I can pass," He added. I crossed my arms and nodded as I looked at Isabelle. He was so unconvincing. Even as a vampire, Simon wasn't intimidating.

"Be safe and be careful Simon," I said. Isabelle clicked a button.

"Well Zeke, we gotta get you ready for transfer to the Gard," Isabelle gestured for him to follow her. 

I sat down at the table pulling my designs from her drawer. It was just an idea and it didn't have to come to life, but it was an idea for Mundanes or the downworlders who happen to work in jobs like Luke. 

Instead of the blade being complete adonis, maybe just the bullet. It would go through a lot of adonis, but if the bullets didn't trash after one use.

The bullets would crush when they hit a downworlder body, but if they picked up the remnants we could re-melt them, therefore not wasting any adonis. You're more likely to lose them, but it would be more efficient for larger groups of strays. 

I had different ideas. It did take away the generational testing of the blades made by the Iron sisters, but a few sample bullets would be wonderful. They would never go for it.

I'd gotten a call from Luke saying he could give me a rifle and pistol to play with, but that was all. I would have no bullets, but I needed to learn the ins and outs of the guns. He dropped them off at the front of the institute for me to grab. 

I walked through moving toward the armory. Iz had let me have the far table for my little creations. I'd started by taking out the bullets and emptying the chamber. 

For hours I sat there taking the guns apart. I looked at each individual piece seeing how I could improve it. I reassembled the pistol as I looked down at the sights. Alec walked through the door.

"Who gave you guns?" He asked. 

I laughed a little and disassembled the top again looking at the chamber and internal mechanisms.

"Luke," I said.

"Come with me. Simon is on his way back with the last bits of glorious," Alec said. Glorious? Did no one think to tell me anything while I sat here? 

"He's back? Is everyone okay?" I followed after him. He nodded.

"They are, Isabelle got back from Aldertree as well. He's in custody and they blew up the other solutions of Heavenly Fire. They were going to cure all downworlders in New York," He filled me in.

"Oh shit."

"Yeah, but we're good now," He put his hand on my back guiding me into another room. Clary and Jace were waiting there already.

"Where have you been?" Clary asked. She gave me a tight hug.

"Playing with guns, why?" I asked. Jace laughed as I looked at him.

"I just, do you remember when I was little and I used to have nightmares," She explained. I nodded.

"Yeah about a burning tower—," I stared at her. Edom. She was dreaming of Edom and the boy. The boy was young Jonathan. "No way." I shook my head, but she nodded.

"It was Jonathan. I was supposed to save him." She breathed. "I'm too late."

"Yeah, but how were you supposed to know? We didn't know Valentine sent him to Edom." I reasoned. "Glad you found that out, but there isn't anything we can do anymore."

"I got it," Simon came in carrying a tray of vials.

"This is the serum?" Alec asked. He leaned forward looking at one of the vials. The liquid had a gold essence in it.

"Heavenly fire," Isabelle muttered.

"You think this will separate me from Jonathan?" Clary asked looking at each of us.

"I have to run some tests, but yeah that's the idea," Isabelle nodded.

"I can't believe you guys did this. Without you we would have nothing," Clary looked over at Simon. He gave her a big smile.

"Fray, we'd do anything for you," Simon added. "Especially if it means disconnecting you from your creepy brother." 

"Well we have Heavenly Fire," Alec nodded. "We don't know where the Morning Star sword is, but the only three people who can use it are here at the Institute." Clary and I nodded at one another. We wouldn't touch it.

"Aldertree will be prosecuted for his crimes against the accords and Jia is considering commuting Raphael's sentence, along with the other Downworlders now turned mundane," Isabelle explained. I shook my head.

"That is still crazy to me," I said.

"It's the least they could do," Simon nodded.

"I need to see Jonathan," Clary muttered. I looked over to Jace. He was her keeper now, not me.

"I'll go with you," The two of them left.

"We," I hit Alec's arm lightly. "Have to go plan." He smiled at me as we moved. "Oh Isabelle, I have guns laid out on one of your tables. Just don't mind those for now. I will get back to them after I'm done planning our wedding."

"Wait you're getting married?" Simon asked. I held up my finger. "Congratulations!" Simon came forward hugging me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"We've had a lot going on," I smiled.

"Well, I'm still happy for you, Lena. You deserve to be happy and I know Alec will take good care of you." He looked past me and leaned forward. "You also make him less moody." He whispered. I smacked his arm and laughed. It was true, but I was glad for it. He made me happier too.

"Let's go," I hooked arms with Alec.

"I'm not that moody," He smirked.

"You just look angry all the time," I defended. He let out a long sigh. I kissed his cheek assuring him. "You're still handsome and sweet and—."

"I get it." He smiled.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10K 604 30
This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because it's a sequel, you won't understand most...
213K 4.7K 40
"You rise, I fall I stand, you crawl You twist, I turn Who's the first to burn." I...
50.4K 1.3K 22
[ SLOWLY EDITING - COMPLETED ] ***WARNING: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION {CONSTRUCTION} Clarissa Morgenstern is off on a...
183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...