The Christmas Proposal [Five...

By fivePOVS

What if you were in the film: "The Proposal". And what if the roles were reversed and Y/n had the help her ow... More

Chapter 1 - Boss and Assistant
Chapter 2 - Don't make a scene
Chapter 3 - say what?
Chapter 4 - Might end up in Prison
Chapter 5 - Safe Flight
Chapter 6 - It's Freaking Cold ok?
Chapter 8 - a Crowd
Chapter 9 - Settling in
Chapter 10 - Special Morning
Chapter 11 - Apart [1]
Chapter 12 - Apart [2]
Chapter 13 - Naked Encounter
Chapter 14 - Heart to Heart Conversation
Chapter 15 - Need a bit of Snow
Chapter 16 - Let's go get Your Phone
chapter 17 - nice but confused feelings
Chapter 18 - Playing Dress up
Chapter 19 - Morals Clashing
Chapter 20 - wtf dad
Chapter 21 - in the Bathroom
Chapter 22 - The Necklace and Dancing
Chapter 23 - Late at night
Chapter 24 - Her wedding
Chapter 25 - His Wedding

Chapter 7 - Psychological Warfare

93 6 1
By fivePOVS

"Yep." It wasn't even Five the one that confirmed, it was Luther... Luther!! Y/n smiled taking her fury coat off, holding it on her arms, a shy smile sent towards the still unknown people. She held her hand up as a hello and introduced herself. The blonde woman walked closer to her and hugged her, hands resting on her arms when she let go, caring smile painted on her face.

"Oh dear, so it was you on the phone. I'm so happy my boy is with someone like you." Her smile was more than contagious Y/n could not let the one in her own face drop. But she was a little confused. Her boy? Like... she meant that she was the mother of that boy, of Five Hargreeves? Of course he was older then a boy now. "My name is Grace dear."

"Nice to meet you," Replied Y/n, this was a phrase she used a lot and always came out naturally.
"You look so young." This one she hadn't really filtered before saying, she was just surprised cause this woman looked like she could be the oldest sibling but probably did not have 50 years old like Y/n thought she did.

A small laughter ringed from just beside her, a man in a really unique stile of clothes approached arms open. He hugged her too, smelled a little bit of rum but not too much.
"You really do know how to pick them Five." Said the man still hugging Y/n that was still holding her jacked and stood there taking in the fairly comfortable hug of this probably drunk dude.

"Shut up Klaus." Was Five remark turning around to see his brother hugging her fake fiancée.

"Uh, sod off. Nice too meet you. I'm Klaus, the always drunk brother." Klaus detached himself to a safe distance and smiled drunkly with his eyes a little squinted. Grace chuckled and grabbed him to go sit down apologizing in a whisper. Y/n shook her head silently telling her that it was alright, no harm was done and she actually appreciated the hug.

"Since introduction are starting. I'm Allison, I'm the sis." Said the tall black woman, beside her the smaller guy held his hand up much like Y/n had done.

"Hi, I'm Viktor."

Y/n bowed slightly, it was an unconscious movement as a greeting, as a 'yes', as a 'understood', as a lot of meanings. Five slightly rolled his eyes, he had this kind of not childish way to do it, it was not exaggerated or over dramatic, it was short and followed by a short sigh.

"Maybe we should go say, hi, to everyone?" Suggested Y/n, her voice clearly showing that she wanted to spend some time with her boss, his family perceived it as a cute couple thing, the two of them on the contrary needed this time to regroup and figure what to do after this 'surprise'.

So, after Grace strongly agreed with Y/n's idea, the two finally had some time to actually talk before going around and greet everyone.
"Let's cut the sarcasm towards me. People need to think that we are in love. So let's just... you know-" she held his arms tenderly. "-'Cause for me is no problem, I can pretend to be the doting fiancée, but you..." She said while looking at the big portrait in the second living room on the other side of the house where they decided to regroup.

"Very funny Y/n."

"When did you think about telling them we're engaged?" She blurted eyes still on the painting of this young Korean boy with his hair stiles in a academic way. She wondered who this was since none of his siblings looked like that.

"I'll pick the right moment..." He was interrupted by a couple from next door, they almost didn't notice he was there, thankfully for them Y/n always made him talk more than he needed too and his familiar voice caught their attention.

"Hey Five. Hi."

"Mrs McKittrick. How are you? Nice to see you," He smiled like he always did during business meetings with clients, it was a fake one but it was so practiced it looked genuine, Y/n could recognize it pretty well.
"Nice to see you too Mr. McKittrick." The two married neighbors walked up to them and the woman hugged Five with a bright smile while his husband gave a few pats on his shoulder. He allowed it with not much fuss having to keep the angel attitude with all the people around them to probably not give a bad impression of his house. Y/n wandered if he had to do that a lot during his vacations in here.

"Oh, this is Y/n." He introduced his assistant moving aside to let space for her too on the social podium of that evening. Y/n greeted them with a warm smile, hands shaking and unanswered questions of 'How are you?'.

"So, I always wanted to know what does a book editor do?" Asked Mrs McKittrick towards the young woman, assuming the two had the same rang in their company.

"That's a great question, Louise." A voice, from the side, of a person walking in the portrait living room, can clicking, shoes clacking. He reached them with a steady and slow pace. Mrs McKittrick covered her mouth to cover the smile she had on, I guess the two elder found the situation cute and maybe a good reunion between father and son. Five was thinking otherwise and his siblings too, they looked at the scene from the stairs room.

Five's smile changed, it looked more mockingly or even challenging. Y/n leaned to actually take a good look of that expression she had never noticed so prominent.
"Dad." He greeted hands sliding in his pockets while she was still holding on one of his arms, not moving towards his father.

"Number Five." The man greeted back, he had grey hair and a grey short beard combined with a good mustache. He was dressed impeccable like he was of the 1960s still, monocle on his eye, it was so firm in its position that it looked glued on. Y/n now knew from whom her boss had taken the style, even if Five dressed more modern she could see where the elegance came from.

Five looked aside and sucked a small amount of hair at that. He was met with Y/n looking slightly up at him, she wasn't short but he sure was the slightest bit taller than her, at least one inch. She had a puzzled expression, kinda wondering what his father had just said and why the hell this tension got heavier.

He wetted his lips with his tongue before turning back to look at his father. "It's Only Five now. Dad. Only Five." He pulled a smile that vaguely looked like the one he had offered to the McKittrick, it just seemed like he had a harder time pulling it off.

The father stared at him with the neutral expression he had hold this entire time, no excitement to his son, and if there was a sprinkle, it could go easily undetected. He then gasped slightly turning towards the woman standing beside his son, he knew he would have come home with someone, Grace could not shut up about it for the last 12 hours.
"Reginald Hargreeves." He introduced himself, hand coming forward and Y/n was quick to shake it.

"Y/n L/n, pleasure to meet you."

"Louise, 'Danielle' here has no experience being an editor, she's just the assistant of Number Five." Reginald finally smiled, he did but only when turning toward the old couple. Five corrected him repeating how he wished to be called and what your name was but he got completely ignored again.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll get a refill." And with that he left.

"Charming." Commented Y/n with a lot of sarcasm, now she knew from who had Five learned his mannerism from. Five pressed his lips at the small attack to his future wife and sled away from her grasp to continue this psychological match, leaving her alone in the middle of people that were eyeing her ready to know who this foreigner was.

"That's a hell of a first impression, Dad." He said rising his eyebrows, it was a teasing phrase, his father had never cared for first impressions and actually did not care about this woman of Five's.

"You show up in my house after years of disconnection with a woman who you elegedely say you are dating. Furthermore she's your assistant, don't try making me think you didn't use your power position, or that she is not trying to get something out of you." He argued back, both hand on his can, eyes wondering around during his solemn speaking.

"We just got here. You couldn't wait one second."

"She's trying to sleep her way to the middle. Does she even know about the empire you'll have on your shoulders? I bet she does," He continued his rant staying true to his thoughts... true and maybe a little bit stubborn since he hadn't actually met Y/n as a person.
"Dolores is here look." He indicated the woman a few feet away that was chatting with other neighbors.

Dolores turned towards them when her name was spoken out loud, she smiled as soon as she saw Five. She started to walk closer, hopping that she could initiate a chat now that he was back, but slowed when she realized they were in a pseudo fight. Five had looked at her a split second before speaking. She was no different then when he had left, just an older version, old as he was, blonde hair and blue eyes, dotted shirt over a nice skirt.

"Actually, Dad, I'll have you know that the woman in there it's one of the most respected people in my company."

"You are her meal ticket and you brought her home to meet your mother."

"She's not like that, she's my fiancée."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 4K 21
Ben Hargreeves x Reader I MADE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 13 SO I'M SO SORRY I don't really know how to write I just wrote this for fun because I'm dying...
54.3K 948 24
after five left y/n wasn't the same. so much so, her body stayed the same and she stopped using her powers. y/n was broken. it affected her a lot. it...
211K 3.9K 36
"ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀ ᴅɪᴄᴋʜᴇᴀᴅ." "ᴀ ᴅɪᴄᴋʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ!" I will be writing all seasons in this book. Depending on whether I finish s2 before s3 comes out I m...
20.9K 705 27
[SEASON 3 IN PROGRESS] "This has to be my favorite timeline," breathed out the boy. Elaina nodded her head, licking her lips in anticipation as Five...