Brodacious! A BroZone Oneshot...

By Kittyball23

A oneshot collection featuring stories about BroZone - Branch, Poppy, Viva, John Dory, Bruce, Clay, and Floyd... More

Intrusion
Ways to Tell
Apologies
Taking the News
Sleeping Tight
With You
Effort
The Tough Questions
Neverglading
Meeting You
Show and Tell
Visitor
Homecoming
The Vesting
Diaper Duty
Taking the News - Branch Edition
Remember
Baby No More
Surprise
Chewed
Introductions
Kiss
Predicament
I'm in the Band!
Moments
Birthday Teen
Doubts
Mellow Yellow
Birthday Man
In Love
Baby
Morning Songs and Surprises

Birthday Boy

895 32 3
By Kittyball23

A/N: Taking place before TBT
       _____________________________
“Birthday boy, birthday boy, everybody better make way to-day for the birthday boy!”

John Dory belted out the tune that he’d made up right there on the fly, holding up his youngest brother in his arms and swinging him playfully. Baby Branch giggled and clapped, enjoying the little ride he was getting before he was set down in his high chair at the table. Today was a special day, because the youngest little Trolling of BroZone was having his birthday! And not just any birthday – his very first!

A Troll’s birthday was an incredibly special thing – next to all the other holidays and festivities that were common – and his was no exception. Some folks threw extravagant parties, with lots of lights and glitter as well as plenty of singing and dancing, not to mention all the friends who would be invited. But Branch’s party was not quite as huge as one may think. Despite the baby belonging to what would surely end up becoming the hottest boy band of the century, there was no huge party with dozens upon dozens of their fans in the crowd. As was custom between them, they always reserved the very first birthday of any of them to a simple family affair. John Dory, Spruce, Clay, and Floyd had all remained within their pod, decorating the interior with streamers, balloons, and confetti, while Grandma Rosiepuff was in the kitchen baking all kinds of sweets for them to have.

Spruce hummed his own little tune as he worked, a romantic ballad that he was aiming to perfect for the next time he went onstage. He tried working dutifully, though he couldn’t help it when he had to pause to practice a suave smirk or an eyebrow waggle. Clay, on the other hand, was unable to keep still. He had a bounce in his step as he moved across the room, busting out a dance move when he could, the streamers flying out behind him. He noted Floyd on the other side of the room, looking indecisive as to what color balloon to blow up next, blue in his left hand and green on his right. With a glint of mischief sparkling in his eye, Clay grabbed a handful of confetti and flung it at his younger brother. He laughed as it smacked Floyd right in the cheek in a burst of color, startling the young Trolling. He gasped and dropped the airless balloons right on the floor.

The yellow-haired Trolling burst out laughing. “One, two, three, four, I declare confetti war!” he cried out, grabbing some more of the colorful little paper strips and flinging them at Floyd. Floyd huffed as it landed comically all over his hair and vest this time, and he grabbed some of the confetti to fling back at Clay.

His aim was a little off, however, and the confetti instead hurled right at Spruce instead, who had been in the middle of practicing a very charming smile. He was smacked right between the eyes, the purple-haired Trolling stumbling back in surprise. “What the - ?!” he exclaimed, and then realized who had thrown it at him. He smirked. “Oh yeah? Well, two can play at that game!”

Floyd gulped, squeaked an “Uh-oh!” when he saw Spruce lean his arm back and prepare to throw another big handful of confetti at him, and promptly hit the floor, ducking just in time. The confetti instead splashed colorfully on JD’s back.

“Hey!” he grumbled, whirling around. “You’re supposed to be decorating the room, not me!”

SMACK!

Another burst of confetti hit him, while Clay – clearly the culprit - giggled. “On the contrary, JD, I think it looks great on you!” he teased.

“Really?” JD said, snickering as he grabbed a handful of lime-colored confetti and flung it Clay. “I gotta admit, green kind of does suit you!”

“Yeah, right!” he laughed, grabbing more confetti and flinging it. Shrieks and colors filled the room, the lighthearted fight escalating to a playful squabble. From his high chair, Branch clapped his hands at the show that his brothers were putting on, thoroughly enjoying it. It was a contrary reaction from another Troll who entered the room.

“All right, boys, settle down now,” Grandma Rosiepuff said, kindly but still with a hint of sternness in her voice that was just enough to make the brothers put a halt to their shenanigans.

“Sorry, Grandma,” Floyd said meekly and slightly hanging his head.

Clay was not so quick to apologize for the fun that he had started. “Sorry not sorry!” he yelled out, whacking a balloon into the air with his hand.

Rosiepuff put her hands on her hips. “Really, young man? Then you better sorry-not-sorry your sorry butt into your room, mister!”

This made Clay stop the jig he was doing. “What?” he gasped. “But I’m too old for a time out!”

“You’re never too old for a time out,” Rosiepuff said, “just like you’re never too old for cake.” She reached into her aquamarine hair and pulled out a scrumptious-looking birthday cake, perfectly intact and decorated with colorful icing, sprinkles, and little pieces of candy. Clay nearly slobbered at the sight of it, along with the other brothers. It was Fluffleberry Surprise - or in other words, the most scrumptious confectionery to ever assault your taste buds. Grandma always knew how to make the best desserts!

“Now, are you going to behave?” she asked them, staring pointedly at the yellow Trolling.

“Yes, Grandma!” Clay said, making sure to respond louder than the other brothers. In an effort to prove it, he sprinted over to the table and sat down with his hands folded neatly in front of him. The others, while not as attentive to detail, did follow the yellow-haired Trolling’s lead and appropriately seated themselves as well, making Grandma Rosiepuff beam in delight.

“Ah, yes. That’s much better,” she said approvingly. Then came the highlight of the celebration, initiated when their grandmother took a match, struck it, and lit it against the wick of the sparkling birthday cake candle – the singing of Happy Birthday itself!

Baby Branch’s large blue eyes widened at the sight of the colorful candle, and the baby squirmed even more in his seat with anticipation once he saw his brothers huddle together. He cocked his head curiously. What were they up to?

It was a question that would not go unanswered for long. With a low hum that progressively increased in pitch with each brother who added his voice – starting with John Dory, then Spruce, then Clay, and then Floyd – a harmonious melody slowly began to fill the air. And if the wordless tune was anything to go by, the youngest BroZone member knew he was in for a treat when the actual lyrics came to flow out of their mouths in a pleasing rhythm.

“Ooohmm…

Happy birthday to yoouu,

Happy birthday to yooouuu,

Happy birthday Baby BraaAaAnch…

Happy birthday to yooouuUUU…”

Anytroll knew that Happy Birthday was one of the simplest songs that there was, but, aside from the change in lyrics based on whose name it was that was being celebrated, the song made itself unique with the manner that the singer (or in this case, singers) could improvise its musical elements and create a sound that would fit his or her own style. This time was no exception, either. BroZone's flare was evident in the way their voices blended seamlessly into each other’s, different but greatly synchronized - with a touch of John Dory's boldness, a dash of Spruce's charm, a hint of Clay's playfulness, and a smidge of Floyd's gentleness – creating a cohesive melody that would have impressed any Troll who listened in. Surely, if someone were to hear them sing this in concert, they would likely get dizzy with the sheer amount of talent that was embodied within the four Trollings. But this was no such occasion. It was their own family affair, so this performance was rightly exclusive to them in that sense. 

Branch clapped his little hands at once, and Grandma was quick to follow.

“Oh, wonderful! Excellent job, boys!”

John Dory pumped a fist. “YEAH!” Then, he scooted by Branch, fondly ruffling his blue hair and showing him the cake. “Well come on, bro, make your wish!”

“But first you gotta blow out your candle, like this!” Clay demonstrated, puffing out right into Spruce’s face, who was displeased at his brother’s chosen aim.

“Hey, genius! You make the wish first then blow out the candle,” he huffed, giving the yellow Trolling a playful smack upside the head. Clay gave him a light slap back, and the two suddenly erupted into a bout of wrestling. 

“Boys,” Grandma called to them again, and they hurriedly straightened up with sheepish smiles.

Baby Branch glanced at the candle and, looking determined, took a big breath and blew a raspberry-like noise, the flame blowing out in an instant!

His brothers had to laugh at the cute display, clapping, and then Floyd leaned towards his youngest brother, wapping one arm around his small shoulders for a side hug. “What’d you wish for, Baby Branch?” he asked.

“I’ll tell ya what,” John Dory said, acting like he knew (per usual). “You want a brand-new rockin’ birthday hairstyle, don’tcha?”

Even if it wasn’t what Branch may have wished for, the baby loved the idea, and babbled excitedly in agreement.

“Awesome!” Spruce exclaimed, also hyped. “Hmm. I’m thinking we could go with ‘The Spruce.’ The fans really liked that one, what do you think?”

He turned to Clay for an opinion, but the yellow-haired Troll shook his head, recalling the smoothed-back look that it would be required to undergo. “Bro, his hair needs to be longer to pull that one off. How ‘bout we give him frosted tips instead?”

Spruce beamed. “Oh-ho, I like that idea even better!” He exchanged a high-fiving handshake combination with Clay in agreement.

“Or we could give him a perm!” John Dory suggested, taking a look at Branch’s hair and already picturing him with the oodles of curly blue on his head. He’d look like a knockout for sure with that!

“That sounds like it’ll be nice,” Floyd shrugged, patting his little brother on the back with a grin.

“All right, now, don’t get too carried away in your ideas,” Grandma gently reminded them. “The last thing we need is to end up having some kind of hair-day disaster - like a bleached perm!” She shuddered to even think of such a thing!

Baby Branch looked up at his Grandma with a little pout, looking somewhat disappointed as if he had wanted just that. She chuckled at him, divvying out the plates of cake slices. “First things first, though… who wants cake?”

They all began chattering at once, eager to get their fill and to then get started on their project. Baby Branch giggled and cooed, belly full of treats and his feelings nothing but happy. While he had never had a birthday before, he in his young mind believed that this had to be his best one yet!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 71 12
Melody, a pop & funk troll, who specialises in genre versatility, she loved to sing but lost her joy and passion for it due to the many losses in her...
34.8K 735 25
Sleepovers are fun, but when it comes to the BroZone brothers, it's not only fun, but mostly.......CHAOTIC!!! After the events of Trolls Band Togethe...
18.3K 396 33
no nsfw !! suggestive, but never in detail. just fluff and hopefully in character interactions between one of my fav ships :3 everything here mostly...
3.9K 109 12
With Branch and Poppy needing a break from their overwhelming duties, Branch's brothers all volunteer to babysit the latest edition to the royal fami...