I love you with no fear. Book...

By EdenRhett

Delilah thought nothing in the world could be worse then losing her father but losing her brother had to be o... More

The gold
Prayers
Homecomimg
The darkest hour
My druthers
The bonfire
The cross
Trapped
The coastal venture
Season 3
Poguelandia
The bells

The heist

4 0 0
By EdenRhett

"Nice camera. Why don't you just use your phone?" We asks Pope as he brings out this camera much bigger then his phone.

"Well first of all I like my antique electronics. Second of all this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away." Pope explains to us pointing the camera forward.

"Lord of the dorks." JJ states making me nudge him slightly.

"There he is. Get down!" Pope whisper yells at us. We all bunch down behind a fence where we see Ward and Gaving running into an open construction site.

"This way." JJ whistles at us showing us a ladder to go further up to be able to see them clearer.

We all go up the ladder as quick as we can and bunch down behind a concrete wall where we're able to see the two of them.

We saw Ward with a duffle bag and something in Gavin's hand.

"Gavin doesn't look to happy about something. Looks like he's yelling at Ward." Pope tells us not taking his eyes away from the camera.

All of sudden Pope flinches and then telling us that Gavin and Ward had started fighting over something.

"Wards kicking the shit out of Gavin." Pope tells us. "Holy shit. Wards got a gun!"

"I bet that's the murder weapon." Kie tells us.

"How are we gonna get it for proof if Ward has it now?" I question. Just as I finished my sentence a gun shot goes off making us go further down into our seat.

"No no no. This can't be happening." Kie starts freaking out as we turn back and look towards Gavin and Ward.

"Tell me you just got that." JJ asks Pope leaning down.

"Enough to put this asshole away for life. Hold on his coming out." Pope explains as we all inch further over the wall to get a closer look. "I think his looking for the gun. I think the gun just went down the drain. He looking for it."

"What are you doing?" JJ questions as Kiara stands up and leans over the wall.

"Murderer!" She screams out as loud as she can.

"What the fuck Kiara. What are you doing?" I yell at her as we cover her mouth and pull her back down.

"I don't care if he hears me. He's a murderer."

"Yeah and now he's gonna murder us." JJ sarcastically comments.

"Guys." Pope says cautiously. "He sees us. He's coming go!" Pope yells as we all take off and try and get down the ladder as quickly as possible. I went down last but turns out once I made it to the floor, the camera was broken. With all evidence gone.

"You kicked me in the face!" Pope yells at JJ.

"She stepped on my hand!" He argues back.

"I was trying to hurry." Kiara jumps in.

"Ok guys seriously. We need to go now." I tell everyone. Stopping them from arguing even more.

"Ok can someone tell me what the frick just happened?" JJ asks everyone as we get back in the car and catch our breath.

"It was a gun. The one Rafe used. He must've kept it."

"He must've been black mailing Ward and Ward shot him when he couldn't deliver what Gavin wanted." I suggest.

"Pick up, pick up." We hear Kie muttering to herself.

"Who are you calling?" We ask her.

"Who do you think?" She replies.

"The cops?"

"Kiara what. Why would you call the police?" We start interrogating her.

"Hello! Hi! Somebody's been shot at the grand street construction site. You guys need to hurry cause his dying and I don't know if he's already dead or not!" She yells into the phone ignoring all of us.

"We can't stay here."

"What do you want me to do?" Kiara asks.

"Just drive."
___________________
"Look it was right here and this is where that maniac claimed his next victim." Kiara explains to Shoupe, who stood there with the most disinterested look.

I swear man hates his job.

"His next victim?" He says not believing a word we said. Per usual. "Right how long ago did you say it happened?"

"Forty five minutes ago." JJ tells him with a rough estimate.

"And so Ward Cameron just popped one off and shot him. Execution style?"

"We filmed the entire thing." Pope starts.

"But we can't show it to you because I stepped on JJ's hand and he kicked Pope and Pope dropped the camera and it broke." Kiara explains disappointedly.

"So the dog ate your homework?" Shoupe comments sarcastically.

"What no? Shoupe someone was murdered! Why can't you just do your job for 10 minutes and listen to us for once!" I yell after him as he starts walking away.

"Look I don't know what you expect me to do. You drag me out here in the middle of the night for a whole lot of nothing. Except for some crazy stories about how Ward Cameron's out on a random killing spree!" He replies back to us.

"Gavin was his pilot!" Kiara tells at him. "He was paying him hush money because he was on the tarmac that day. Gavin was blackmailing Ward because he had the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin!" She lays it out for him.

"He called him here and tried to pay him off. But it wasn't enough so he shot him. With the murder weapon." JJ jumps in.

"How do you know that?"

"Pope did this thing with his phone and he like put it in his car and heard their whole conversation." Kiara explains.

"You wiretapped him?" Shoupe asks.

"Is that bad?" Kiara and I question.

"Look I've had enough. You ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? Waste of my Goodman time." He says as he's about to get in his car and then tells everyone else to leave.

He then tries to tell us we're trying to frame Ward as we were still upset over thinking John b was still innocent and then told Kiara off for spray painting the wall outside their house.

After everyone leaves, JJ and Kiara start arguing over who dropped the camera and throwing around the blame.

"Shut up!" Pope yells at them. "We're not out of this yet. We can still get the gun."

"We just gotta get there before the others do." I say backing Pope up.
__________________
"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully. So if it flushed from this drain it would've pushed out to like-" JJ starts

"Somewhere on this trash." Pope finishes for him.

Currently it's the next day and the four of us were standing around a big pile of rubbish that flows out from the drains on the street trying to find the gun so we can put Ward and Rafe away for good.

"People who use plastic should be shot" Kiara disgustidely tells us.

"Personally I love plastic. Use it everyday." JJ comments.

"Same here." I pipe in.

"Well hopefully you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean" she replies making JJ go quiet.

"I thought you'd say that so,trash bags." Pope says as he brings out trash bags from his pockets and holds them up.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" She questions with a small smile.

"You want us to leave you two alone cause personally I'd love to spend time with my girl if we're interrupt-"

"JJ shut up." Pope and Kiara say to him while I just laugh loudly before we all start to pick up rubbish.

After at least an hour of getting rid of all this rubbish we've come to realise the gun isn't there and must be on the storm drain. Lovely.

"So are we gonna do like rock, paper, scissors?"

"Or alphabetically?"

"Or like oldest?"

"In the sewers there is this worm you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker." JJ explains. Basically telling us he wasn't getting in the drain.

"Also a no from me." Pope puts in.

Kiara just looks at me and smirks.

"Oh you guys are scared. I get it." She says moving forward closer to the drain. "Actually Delilah should we show these boys it's not as scary as they think." She teases.

"I'm not scared." JJ points out.

"It's okay baby. We got this." I tell him as I pat him on the shoulder and follow in behind Kie.

"Be careful." Pope says to Kiara and then nods at me.

"I'll be so careful." She replies sarcastically before walking in.

"Love you!" JJ yells out behind me.

"Yeah love you too!" I yell back giggling a bit.

"Just holler if you need anything. We'll uh holler back."

"Very helpful thank you!" Kie yells at them.

"Are we sure we're gonna find it in here? There's a lot of water. God knows what's beneath us." I point out

"Please don't say that. We're here for the gun and that's what we're gonna find." She replies sounding like she's trying to convince herself that there's nothing dead lying beneath us. "I think I found something." She tells me before picking up whatever was in her hand and holding it above the water.

It looked like a dead rat.

"Oh ew! Throw it!" I yell at her ducking quickly when I see her throwing it behind me.

"You guys okay!" Pops yells at us.

"Just found something dead. We're fine!" I holler back.

"Is the gun there?" I hear JJ yell.

"Haven't found anything yet." Kie yells back as we continue looking.

"Oh shit. Kie do you hear that?" I ask her as we start to hear a flushing noise.

"The water." She points out before the water start flooding in too quickly for our liking.

"Guys the water!" We yell at the boys.

"We're coming!" We hear them yell back before we don't hear anything again for a few seconds.

"Shit Kie it's coming fast!" I yell at her as the water just keeps rushing in. We both pile onto the ladder as close as we could to each other while trying to get air since we can't escape unless anyone can lift the crate above us.

Otherwise we're good as dead.

"Kiara! Delilah!" We hear from afar.

"Over here!" We yell back. We see JJ and Pope just above us doing everything they can to get the top off us. Which doesn't seem to be working. 

"Guys hurry!" We say as the water was now up to our necks.

After a few moments just as our heads went underwater the boys got the top off and we were finally able to breathe properly.

We pull ourselves out the sewer and catch our breath for a few minutes.

"Pope get off of me!" Kiara yells as Pope as she pushes him off her.

"You guys good?" JJ asks bending down next to me.

"Never better." Kiara tells him as I give them a thumbs up in response.

"This wasn't what we were looking for was it?" Kiara smirks at me before looking at the boys and holding up the gun.

"Holy shit."

"We're gonna get that son of bitch man." JJ says as he pulls everyone into a hug. 

"Ok let's get this to Shoupe."
__________________
"So yall are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with?" Shoupe questions us.

"That's exactly what we're telling you."

"And the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin? And where's the corpse again?"

"Didn't you look?"

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out.."

"No shit he's dead!"

"What the hell Shoupe! The evidence is all right in front of you. This makes absolutely no sense!" I tell the crew as I sit back further in my chair.

"Just because he's not in his damn house does not mean he was a victim of a homicide." Shoupe tells us annoyedly.

"Ok I'm really starting to think your just shit at your job and can't pick up anything cause your too fucking dumb." I tell him sarcastically.

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kiara questions him.

"He'll sit on his fat ass cause he's got nothing else better to do." I roll my eyes.

"He'll sit there and wax his damn mustache. Is that even real?" JJ questions as well.

"Shut up JJ!" Pope yells at him.

"Oh I'm sorry did I hurt his feelings?" He sarcastically replies.

"Get out. I got work to do." Shoupe tells us, standing up to open his office door.

"Are you joking?"

"You're smelling up my office."

"Work my ass. You don't do anything." I say as Kiara and I go to walk past.

"Did ward bribe you. This doesn't make any sense?" Kiara suggests as she walks last him.

"Wouldn't be surprised. Scum Shoupe. That's what you are." I tell him with a glare as we walk out.
__________________
"Holy shit man. My body is disgusting." I tell JJ from in the shower.

After the whole Shoupe thing, Kiara went off with Pope to shower wherever and JJ and I just came home instead.

Boy am I glad to be clean.

As I was cleaning myself JJ likes to make himself known as he just wanders through my bathroom door and sits on the sink.

"All that for Shoupe just to brush us off." He explains.

"Ward definitely is paying him or some bullshit cause all the evidence is right there to put Rafe behind bars." I explain back.

"It's fucked babe." He says before I see him moving around outside the shower door.

Just as I finish washing my hair, I'm met with a cool breeze. Turning around I come face to face with a naked JJ standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Are you gonna get in or are you gonna let me freeze to death?" I ask him seeing him not move and just stare at me.

"Yeah my bad." He apologises and hops in behind me, placing his warm hands on my waist as I rinse out the last bit of conditioner in my hair.

"I wonder what John B and Sarah are up too nowadays." I ponder, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Mm probably sex." He grins at me while I grimace at the comment.

"Not what I wanted to hear but probably." I laugh.

"You know being with you is really weird. Like I still feel like it's happening in my head.." JJ explains to me. "Like I've liked you for so many years and to know I'm actually standing in your shower with you just makes me question if I'm dreaming or not."

"Believe me I feel the same. Doesn't feel real sometimes." I smile at him. "Ok you can wash yourself and then be cute with me." I tell him as I peck his lips and jump out of the shower.

"Damn so no shower sex?" I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Pretty sure we've already done that several times. Think we need a new place to try." I smirk at him before I shut the shower door and head to my room.

"Baby you can't tell me shit like that when I'm not prepared. Just be ready in five." He yells at me while I put on my black lingerie and get ready for the night of no sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 2.6K 30
๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐€๐‘๐Œ "๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ" Riley Routledge's life has always been comp...
5.6K 194 16
โ› how long can you wait to breathe deep? how long can you stay underneath? โœ โ”โ” in which despite their best intentions, they find themselves being pu...
199K 2.2K 41
Julianne Bailey Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, lived a low key life with her brother in the Outer Banks. 9 months after her father...
259K 2.8K 62
Storm Miracle McKay planned on having a good time with her friends over summer break. Things don't always turn out the way Pogues plan it though. A h...