Can People Change?

By 4Day_Dreamers

Skye. Skye Isabella Harper. Niall. Niall James Horan. Two people who used to be close, best friends to tell... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8

Chapter 7

298 14 4
By 4Day_Dreamers

Chapter 7

Skye's POV

I wake up, sitting up stretching my arms back letting out a small yawn. I instantly remember where I am and what happened last night. I'm at the boy's house and I don't even want to talk about what happened last night however I know the boys will ask.

I just can't get over what Niall said. Did he really mean it? All I was trying to do was be a good friend and support him. I'm not a councillor or a psychologist.

Did he say anything to me when I was getting bullied? Pfftttt, no. Not once.

What does he expect me to do?

Create world peace?

Keep dreaming, Niall. It's not gonna happen anytime soon.

He honestly has no right to be mad at me anyway.

Did I leave 16 years of friendship to be famous? No.

Did I not even acknowledge my bestfriend for 16 years after I became famous? No.

I should go down and talk to the boys but that would be just plain awkward and it's the last thing I really want to do right now.

So I decide that I'll just go back to sleep.

Easiest solution I know.

Niall's POV.

I wake up and jump out of bed, opening the curtains, letting the sun shine through the room, bouncing of the walls.

Suddenly it hits me.

Skye.

I had completely forgotten about last night. Boy, was that a night. I've never seen Skye like that.

I can't believe what I said to her. I didn't mean it. Not a word. How could I expect a 14 year old to solve all my problems. I can't blame her because she didn't stop the bullying.

She was getting bullied too and I said nothing to her.

ARGH!

I'm so friggin arrogant.

Skye's my best friend. How could I say that to her. She must hate me.

I hate me.

But then she told me about her parents getting divorced and getting abused by her step-father.

It's all my fault. If I was there, I could have prevented it from happening.

AND she cut herself. In front of us. My Skye self-harmed. I wish she was my Skye. She used to be.

I've really fucked up this time...

I need to make this up to her. I have so many ideas running through my head.

"Liam!!" I call out.

"Yes, Niall? Must you yell so early in the morning?" Liam walks into my room placing himself on my bed next to me.

"I need you to help me make it up to skye. I've really messed up-"

"No shit..." Liam mutters.

"Like I was saying, I've really messed up and I want to make it up to her. I've got a few ideas but I'll need help. Will you please help me, Liam?" I ask him while I try to use my best 'puppy dog eyes'.

"Yeah, you really stuffed up so I hope you have a damn big plan to regain her trust and respect." He tells me.

"I do, trust me. So, will you help?" I ask.

"Alright."

Skye's POV.

"Skye? Skye, are you awake?" I hear a deep British accent ask.

I turn around to see Harry standing at the door with a plate full of food.

"Good morning, Harry." I greet him, giving him a genuine smile.

"Good morning, Skye. I thought you might want some breakfast, but I had a feeling you probably don't want to go down there, right now." He walks over, sitting at the end of the bed.

He hands me the food and I send him a smile.

"Thank you, Harry. I appreciate it." I tell him.

He just smile showing his perfect teeth and adorable dimples.

"Hey, when you come downstairs, we were thinking maybe we could all go out and play some paintball? But apparently Niall and Liam are busy today so it'll just be you, me, Louis, Zayn, Paul and Josh, if that's okay?"

"I would love that Harry, I'll be down in 20 minutes!" I reply, happily.

He pulled me in for a tight hug before heading downstairs to tell the rest of the boys.

I wonder why Niall and Liam can't come. I mean, I know they're busy, but busy doing what? It's a shame Liam can't come, as for Niall I'm not exactly too interested as to why he can't come.

If anything it makes me more excited to spend the day around people who make me happy and not a backstabbing, rude, mean ex-best friend who I dislike very much and I will never talk to nor trust ever again.

I slip into the extra pair of clothes which consisted of my light-wash, blue jean and a black sweater.

You're probably thinking why the hell would she wear that if she's going to paintball? Well, you see I didn't exactly think we would be going paintballing in the middle of winter.

I pull my hair back into a high ponytail threading through a silver ribbon.

I look in the mirror across the room.

'Eh, good enough, I guess.' I thought to myself.

I grab my phone, wallet and my white converse shoes. I walk down the stairs, noticing the boys gathered ready to walk out the door.

As I reach the last step on the bottom of the staircase they all turn around and greet me with a hug.

"Skye, this is Josh, our drummer and one of our closest mates." Harry turns to me.

"Josh this is Skye. Niall's err... old friend and she's one of our back up dancers for the Take Me Home Tour." He stumbles to find the right word.

"Well, it's lovely to meet you, Skye." Josh smiles.

He is FIT.

The kid has some muscle on him.

"It's lovely to meet you too." I reply, also smiling.

I look away so I can avoid staring.

I don't know what it is but there's something about him that's so attractive and makes you want to know more about him.

"Okay! Now that we all know each other and all that, can we go?!" Louis whines.

"Okay, let's go before he gets anymore impatient." Paul tells us.

We all leave the house, Harry locking the door behind us.

We all get to the car only to realise the smart kids have decided to go hire a 5 seater car.

There's 6 people going and there are 5 seats in the car.

Oh god.

"Harry, you are aware that there are 6 of us and you have hired a 5 seater car, right?" I ask the Curly-haired boy who conveniently had a rather smug smile on his face.

"Ohhh, I guess you'll just have to sit on one of the boys laps."

Cheeky, cheeky boy.

"Argh, fine. I'll sit on your lap then." I groan.

"Um, you can't , I have a sore leg!" Says Harry, the worst liar in the world...

I look around at the rest of the boys as to ask who I can sit on and ironically they all had either a sore leg, or they don't feel well or they're sitting in the front.

I look at Josh, the only one who hasn't made an excuse as to why I can't sit on their lap.

"You can sit on my lap?" Josh offers.

"Thank you, Josh!" I glare at the boys before we all get in the car.

I get in last making my way over to Josh.

I stand there awkwardly for a few seconds not exactly knowing what to do.

Just as I'm about to sit on Josh, Harry the cheeky boy decides I was taking too long so he thought it would be a fabulous idea to push me onto Josh's lap.

Talk about awkward. I give Harry a glare and turn my head towards Josh.

"I'm so sorry! Do I weigh too much? Am I too heavy? Argh, I'm so fat. I'll sit on the floor!" I tell Josh.

I happily place myself just in front of Josh on the floor of the car.

We were about to start driving when I felt two strong hands around my waist lift me up and place me on their lap. I follow the arms back to the owner.

Josh.

HOT DAYUM.

This kid's biceps are gigantic!!

"You do not weigh too much. You're not heavy and you are most definitely not fat. You're beautiful." Josh whispers into my ear causing chills to run down my spine.

I send him a smile, getting one in return, I look out the window and watch the town pass as we make our way to paintball.

*******************************

"We're here!" Louis shouts.

"Thanks for that Louis. I would have never guessed by the giant sign out the front of the centre that says 'England's best paintball centre!'" I tell him.

"Thank you for letting me sit on you." I thank Josh.

"No worries." He replies.

He's. So. Perfect.

Louis rolls his eyes and we all walk in. A lady by the name of 'April' gives us the instructions and rules while we put on our gear. April had long brown hair and the most beautiful brown eyes.

We thank April as we enter the arena.

April had already split us into teams. The teams were-

'The awesome team' (Louis made up the name, if you didn't guess it already!) consisted of Paul, Louis and Josh.

'The ninja team' (Harry made up the name!) consisted of me, Harry and Zayn.

I was looking forward to this...

Neither of our teams had a plan. It was pretty much just try not to get shot.

I know what you're thinking. We're organised. No? Okay...

I run behind a tree at the back of the arena/centre thing.

******************************************************************

It's been an hour and I haven't moved. Nobody has found me, yet. I honestly feel like a ninja.

It feels fricken awesome.

The only one's still left in the game are me and Josh. It's getting intense. I can hear him walk past sometimes and call out my name but I keep quiet. Not wanting him to find me.

I decide to take my chances and run out. I could feel the adrenalin pumping through my veins.

"Ohh, Skyeee..." I heard a very familiar voice sing from behind me.

I turn around cautiously.

Josh.

I raise my paintball gun, mirroring his movements.

"You wouldn't shoot me would you, love?"

Josh, you are making it very hard to make me want to shoot you right now.

"Why's that?" I ask, trying to act innocent.

He takes a step towards me.

"I see the way you look at me." He almost whispers.

I take a step towards him.

"And how do I look at you, Mr Devine?" I ask, a smile starting to form on my lips.

I know I've been caught but I honestly don't care. Josh is a nice guy and I think I genuinely like him, not to mention he is extremely goodlooking.

He takes one last step closing the gap between us.

"Skye, from the moment I saw you I instantly thought you were an amazing girl. Your smile lights up the room and the way you blush when I compliment you is just purely adorable. Skye, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen walk this earth. I know I've only known you for a day but it just feels so right. Skye, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. Our foreheads are now pressed together and I can honestly say I'm smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

I know we only met today but something is telling me I can trust him and obviously already like him.

"Josh...I'd love to." I say.

He presses his lips against mine as I throw my arms around his neck as his arms go around my waist.

I pull away and raise my paintball gun shooting him right in the middle of his chest.

"What was that for?!" He laughs.

"Hey, it's still a competition!" I wink and head back to the reception of the paintball arena.

We all get dressed back into our normal clothes and get cleaned up. April gives me a certificate saying that I won the paintball game. I thank her as Louis asks her to take a photo of us all out the front of the arena.

We all huddle into a group. Josh stand behind me with his arm, protectively around my waist.

Louis uploads it twitter. "Skye! What's your twitter?" Louis asks me.

"Its @Its_Skye93" I tell him.

My phone vibrates in my pocket I unlock it to see I have one new notification.

"@louis_tomlinson: Had a great day at paintball with @harry_styles, @zaynmalik, @joshdevinedrums and our new friend and back up dancer for the Take me home tour, @ Its_Skye93 (: xx"

I see that it already has thousands of retweets and favourites. I also notice that in the three minutes of that being posted I have gained 2,371 new followers!

Wow.

We all decide it's time to head home so we get back in the car and head back to the boys hotel.

We get back to the hotel. I feel my arm being dragged towards a room in the boys little complex, in the hotel.

"You're sleeping with me tonight, love." Josh tells me.

I was hesitant at first but thought of how Josh was such a nice guy and couldn't hurt a fly. He knows that whenever he says 'love' it makes my heart melt.

"Hey, do you have some sweatpants and a shirt I could borrow?" I ask my boyfriend.

Ahhhh. I could just say that all day. 'Josh Devine is my boyfriend!' I think to myself.

"Sure!" He throws me some grey sweatpants and a black v neck shirt.

I go in the bathroom to change. I make myself look half decent whilst I'm in there too.

I walk out as Josh laughs at me.

"What?" I frown.

"Nothing, besides the fact that my clothes are about 10 sizes too big for you! Don't worry you look cute!" He laughs.

I walk over to him on the bed and cuddle into him. He put his arm around my waist as his other hand plays with my hair. As cheesy as it sounds it felt like we were two puzzle pieces that just happen to fit perfectly together.

"Night, beautiful." Josh whispers into my ear, as he kisses my head.

"Night, handsome." I cuddle in closer to him.

It feels like it's just meant to be...

***********************************************

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WAITING FOR US TO UPDATE! WE HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER! WE LOVE YOU ALLLLL! <3>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 83 15
“A soul mate is like a best friend but more. It’s the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It’s someone who makes you a b...
22.5K 338 30
Hannah Anderson has gone through heartbreak and loss. She moves away, trying to escape the pain. Soon she meets one of the most famous bands in the w...
1.8M 29.2K 73
{Complete/being edited} - Niall Horan & Rosaline Kendall have been bestfriends for as long as they can remember. Before Niall auditioned for the X-Fa...
1.9M 18.4K 43
Mikayla is Niall Horan's childhood best friend, but with her parents divorece she moves away right when he got on the X-Factor. Now two years later a...