Hate To Love You ~ Guro Reiten

By m_writ3s

In which the English footballer falls for her Norwegian teammate who at first she never got along with... mad... More

Intro <3
Where It Started
Still Going...
First Match
England
Back To The Blues
Date? Or No Date?
Chelsea's Finest
Nothing New
Answers?
Christmas Din Dins
Birthday Plans
Surprise!
Boxing Day 'Banter'
A Quite Life
To What I Love
Clash Day
Night Out
Catch Up Then
Arnold Clark Cup
Second Times a Charm
Moving In
Media
FA WSL Cup
Before You Go
Finalissima
Hard Times
I Love You
Battle Between Red And Blue
Miss You
Take That
Four Time Champs
Goodbye For Now
Just The Start (wwc part1)
Help (wwc part2)

Twenty Seven

1.2K 23 0
By m_writ3s

It was my long awaited 27th birthday today but unfortunately i had to wake up early for training and then tomorrow we had a London derby against Arsenal. So i'm properly celebrating on the Monday. I checked my phone and saw that multiple people had wished me happy birthday on Instagram including the Lionesses account and Chelsea Women's too. I replied in the comments sections and then went to take a shower.

I got dressed into my training kit and went to make breakfast which i prepared the night before. I took it out the fridge and practically inhaled it because for some reason i was starving. After brushing my teeth and tying back my hair i left, grabbing my bag filled with essentials on the way out.

At my arrival at Cobham everyones car seemed to be there already which was confusing since i usually get there earlier than most. I walked in and got greeted by the receptionist who told me to head straight to the changing rooms to drop my stuff off and then go to the break room. I was confused as there was no one in sight and usually there's people dotted around but today there wasn't. I stepped into the changing rooms to see everyone's stuff already there but no one was actually in there. I did as the lady said and went to the break room, i walked in and got completely terrified by the screams of everyone "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENA!" one of my hands immediately went to my heart as the other went to my mouth.

"You scared me" i laughed. "But thanks you so muchhh"

Emma came over and gave me a card which i opened and read. It said 'To Rena, Happy Birthday to our number 13! We hope you have the best day, lots of love from everyone here at Chelsea'. It was written in blue ink and at the bottom was a blue heart as well.

"I love you guys" i said giggling.

"Stop being soppy" Emma exclaimed jokingly making everyone laugh as she pulled me into a quick hug. "Right girls! Go get ready and meet out on the pitch in 10 minutes" she clapped her hands before walking off.

Magdalena and Pernille were the first to come up to me, "You're 27 now Rena. Do you feel old yet?"

"Such a nice question to ask me" i said sarcastically.

"She's joking." Magda said, "I think" all three of us laughed.

"Who organised this?"

"It was a team effort" Pernille answered. "But Guro had the idea"

My heart thumped when i heard that and i definitely blushed which didn't got unnoticed by the couple in front of me.

"You should go talk to her" Magda pushed me over to where she was standing.

"Look, it's the birthday girl" Millie said pointing at me whilst throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"Really? I didn't know" i retorted.

"How does it feel to be at such an old age now Roo?" Sam questioned.

"Your saying that as if your not 30 this year"

"What's wrong with turning 30?" Millie added as she was also turning 30 this year.

"I'm with Rena" Erin replied siding with me.

"The two younger ones of our group are ganging up on the older ones whatever will we do?" Guro said sarcastically.

"You're just feeling left out Guro, you're the middle one" Erin giggled.

"Wow now you coming for me too" she said in an offended tone.

After a couple more minutes of our petty argument, which wasn't serious by any means, we all started to make our way the changing rooms but before Guro could go in and pulled her back.

"Is everything okay?" she asked me.

"Everything's fine it's just, Magda and Pernille said that you had this idea"

"Yeah i did, are you upset?"

"No of course not, i think it's really sweet" i grabbed her hand.

"Good" she looked around to see if anyone was in the room, we were alone, so she lent in and kissed me. It deepened but i knew i had to pull away as it wouldn't be fun to explain to everyone what's going on between us both. I smiled at her and then pulled her into a tight hug. Once we pulled apart we both separated way and made our way out to training.

It was the usual stuff today, we didn't push ourselves too hard as we didn't want to risk anything for tomorrow. We did mini matches, shooting, penalty practice, and other stuff as well as going to gym. Emma then went through key tactics for tomorrow in our meeting room.

"What are you going to do when you get home Rena?" Zećira asked me.

"Eh, probably phone my sister, have dinner and then have a nice long nap" i answered popping the 'p' when i said nap.

"Fair enough"

I got out of my training clothes and into some joggers and t-shirt, spraying on some deodorant as well. I finished by putting on my trainers and then grabbed my phone and sat down whilst on it for a bit.

"Rena come do my tiktok" Millie asked me.

"Ugh if i must" i rolled my eyes.

We had a go at the Sure Thing by Miguel trend or whatever you want to call it. Half way through doing it i messed up and Millie wrapped her arm around my neck pulling me into a head lock. In a jokey way obviously. The video finished and we watched it back.

"You should post that" i smiled at her. She tagged me in the caption and did as i said.

I said bye to everyone before getting into my car. I drove back home and face-timed my sister. She picked soon after,

"Hola Rena, feliz cumpleaños!"
(Hello Rena, happy birthday!)

"Gracias Ada. Como estan tu y Carlos?"
(Thank you Ada. How are you and carlos?)

"Estamos bien, la planificatión de la bods avanza poca a poco"
(We're good, the wedding planning is slowly coming along)

"Buena buena, no puedo esperar"
(Good good, i cannot wait)

"¿Cómo van las cosas con Guro?"
(How's things going with Guro?)

I smiled a little which made her chuckle.

"Mucho mejor que antes"
(Way better than before)

"¿Eso significa que finalmente podré conocerla en mi boda?"
(Does that mean i'll finally get to meet her at my wedding?"

"Tal vez"
(Maybe)

"Odia irme ahora pero tengo que hacerlo, feliz cumpleaños otra vez."
(I hate to go now but i hate to, happy birthday again)

She smiled sympathetically to me.

"¡Esta bien, te amo y te extraño!"
(It's okay, i love you and miss you!)

"Yo también, adiós Rena."
(Me too, adiós Rena)

"Adiós Adella"
(Bye Adella)

I hung up the phone and went on my phone to order a sandwich from subway as i couldn't be bothered to cook anything. It came after about 25 minutes and i slowly ate it whilst watching the tv. I opened TikTok on my phone and saw the video me and Millie made earlier had about 35k likes. I commented on it saying 'Millie is horrible to me 🙄' she replied to it, 'i love you really 😘' i liked it and got into my pjs so i could take a nap and to be honest with how tired i was i wouldn't be surprised if i just stayed asleep.

Unfortunately for me i got awoken by my loud knock at my door. I got out of my bed and fixed my hair as it was a tad bit messy. I opened and my eyes widened quicker than i thought was possible. "Nice outfit there" Guro said smiling at me.

"Oh i was um having a nap" i said moving to let her in awkwardly as i was still in my pjs. I closed door and turned around to see her holding out her hands giving me a gift bag. "Guro"

"Renata"

"You really didn't have to"

"I really did" she beamed at me.

"Thank you" i pulled her into a tight hug just like earlier.

"Open it"

I did as she said and took out a box and i read the logo, it was Pandora. I opened the box which revealed a gold necklace 3 stones joined together to make a small heart. "It's beautiful, Guro. I don't know what to say" i was baffled.

"Let me help you put it on" she walked over and i took it out the box passing it to her. I turned to face my back to her and she draped the necklace over my chest gently clipping it together. "Done".

I turned back around and smiled whilst looking into her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her passionately on the lips. She snaked her hands around my waist and pulled me in tighter. The only time we broke away was to get air and then went back to it.

After pulling away this time she started talking again, "I'm gonna go and let you get back to your nap, see you tomorrow Rena"

"You are such a tease"

"It's my specialty" she smirked walking towards my door and opening it but she paused in her tracks, "Happy Birthday" she then left leaving me no time to respond. I just stood in the middle of my flat trying to figure what in the world just happened.

Authors Note ~

Right i was re-reading the first few chapters of this story in the middle of the night and i realised i put Mapi rather than Keira and omg some of you must've been so confused but it was because originally before i published it i had pre-written like a bunch of chapters but Rena was on the Spanish national team and her best friend was Mapi not Keira, and then before publishing it i changed it and clearly missed that bit out. The first few chapters will also mention Spain and stuff a lot too as yk the incident now. Anyway i am sorry about that 😭 But i thought id let you all know incase you were confused!!

~ M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 6.1K 54
imagines I wrote of women footballers! *ignore spelling mistakes pls, ty!*
8K 137 27
Georgia Stanway and Ella Toone from being friends to lovers ~ ~ ~ ~ Fake story, none of this is real just a fan fiction ~ ~ ~ Hope you all enjoyβ™₯︎β™₯︎
16.4K 237 16
"This article would be huge, but I couldn't do that to her.. Could I?" Evelyn Sayers was just a plain journalist. Well, plain in her mind. She couldn...
35.8K 522 44
hi guys basically this is like my first story to do in my spare time for fun and stuff and so far i am managing to post every day or every 2 days but...