When I Found Myself

By I_Love_Seungmin148

A story of how an ordinary girl wrote her name in the hearts of many even with all the obstacles in her way. ... More

Good Opportunities, Better Outcomes
No Exceptions
Open Door?
Old Relations
Impossible Possibilities
Sad Goodbye
Real Goodbye
(Trying to be) Professionals
Confession
Caught
The Bad Parts
Just Another Day
Better Place
Love and Hate
Somebody
One Night Stand
The Walls Go Up
Only One
Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Alone Time
Gone For One Minute
It's a Date
Ausified Still Isn't a Word
Through Highs and Lows
Everything

How'd I Get Here?

17 0 0
By I_Love_Seungmin148

Hey, I'm back. Here is another chapter for you. :D tee hee (i'm cringing why'd i type that?)

Enjoy!!!

English lines appear like this, korean lines appear like this, thoughts appear like this when used in complete sentences, author notes appear like this.

⚠️TW⚠️: Cursing

Timeline: Saturday, July 27th - Sunday, July 28th, 2019

Word Count: 2216

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOUR POV
—————————

Saturday, July 27th, 2019
5:30 PM

/-|-\-|-/-|-\

The first thing you hear when you wake up is the ringtone of a cell phone. Your cell phone. Next, you feel someone prodding you in the shoulder, then the whole world spins into view as you finally wake up fully. You sit up straight so fast you feel your back crack in protest, the bothersome hand is quick to draw back as you shake the dizziness out of your head.

"Sorry, your phone was going off." A voice you recognize as Chan's apologizes.

"It's alright, mate. You're fine." You sigh and reach for your phone. The name Mrs. Potter shines across the screen as the ringtone continues to fill the room. "Do you mind if I take this?"

"Makes no difference to me, go on." Chan answers.

You pick up the phone, pressing the green button on the small screen.

Y/N, dear, are you there? Mrs Potter's voice is distorted coming through the speaker of your phone.

"Yes, I can hear you."

Oh, good. Are you coming home?

"Just about to, yeah. Sorry if I caused any worry."

That's alright, I just want to know you're safe.

"I'm all good, Mrs. Potter. I'll be back in probably five minutes."

Alright dear, dinner's ready and waiting.

"I can't wait! See you in five!"

Goodbye, dear.

"Bye." You end the call with a press of a button and sigh again, standing up.

"Leaving?" Chan asks, looking up from his phone.

"Yeah, my friends are waiting." You turn and walk towards the front door.

"Um, two things before you go," Chan gets up and follows you, leaning (very attractively) on the door frame from the entryway into the kitchen. "Yongbuk had to go back to the company but he wanted to give you his number, so I'm giving you his and mine. And the second thing: it'd probably be best if no one knew you were with us, wouldn't want anything leaked."

"Oh I understand, it's okay," You smile, taking the note he offered to you with what you assume are some phone numbers. "Have a nice day."

"Good bye, Y/N." You two bow at each other before you finally depart from the apartment.

{why does that sound funny?}

Sunday, July 28th, 2019
7:00 AM
/-|-\-|-/-|-\

Your can barely suppress your gasp as you look at the two images Felix just sent you. It's an image of you, fast asleep, laying your head on Chan's shoulder. Chan himself has a terrible blush rising from his cheeks to his ears and a small smile on his face. He's looking down at his phone but in the next one he's gazing at you with an even bigger smile. You can tell the pictures were hastily taken by the poor, blurry quality of the photo itself. But all that means is that Chan's captured actions are a hundred percent genuine.

🐥señor sunshine☀️
Do ya like em

Y/N 🙄
No I can't say I do

🐥señor sunshine☀️
Well I do so ha

Y/N 🙄
Whatever

🐥señor sunshine☀️
You know u like em

Y/N🙄
Why would I lie to you?

🐥señor sunshine☀️
Oh whatever

Y/N🙄
Ha
I win

🐥señor sunshine☀️
🙄🙄🙄🙄

You let out a breath, a suppressed laugh, at his sour reaction. He's cute when he's mad, you couldn't help but notice that during your few conversations with the guy.

Only a couple seconds after you put your phone down another person walks into the room with you.

I guess I'll give you a little context; your girls (mostly Elana) just convinced you to leave the apartment and head to the gigantic - and very scary - JYPE building to do whatever you need to do to audition. The nice lady at the front desk kindly explained that because you were spotted on the street, and given the business card, you're a special case and "get to skip a couple steps" as she put it.

The man who's just entered the room ushers you to follow him after a bow of greeting. You return the bow before walked after him down a long hallway and into a room.

Judging by the size of the building, you thought all the rooms would be huge, surely they have room to spare here. But this room was tiny, so small it made you a little uncomfortable as you sat at the short table that filled almost the whole room. The chairs were comfortable, which somehow eased your unease about the room as a whole. The very strong urge to just relax back in the seat and sleep hit you (now you joke that this was the most challenging part of the audition process) but you want to make the best first impression you can.

"Lucky for you, Y/K/N I speak English as well." The man finally breaks the silence, jolting you a little but somehow you didn't let it show.

"Today must be my lucky day," you laugh, trying to seem calm and comfortable.

"Let's get started, shall we?" The man prompts followed by a smile after you nod and lean forward. "My name's Jung Haneul, nice to meet you, Y/N." He reaches his hand out over the table.

"Same to you." You keep a pleasant expression on your face as you accept Haneul's handshake.

10:45 PM
/-|-\-|-\

To be honest I can't remember what happened, all I remember is him telling me to await an email telling me my status in the company. I'm kinda scared I can't remember any of it, but I've decided not to worry about it, some things are out of my control. What I most definitely am gonna worry about is that email. God, I have anxiety thinking about it right now...

You sigh, dropping your pen after reading through what you just wrote down. The diary finds its way back into the hidden pocket of your book bag as you fall back into your bed. You check the clock on your bedside table only to be faced with the numbers 22:46. You don't know why, but you can't wait to receive that email that basically decides your whole future.

It's been five hours, mate, calm down.

Somehow you end up thinking about your missing memories again, even after you told yourself that subject was best left in the back of your mind. It scares you that there's pieces of your life you can't recall, and you really wish you could remember what happened after the initial conversation with Haneul. You've blamed the problem on too many things, your "childhood trauma" (you've also told yourself that's a bit of a stretch to call it that), ADHD, anxiety, and some other nonsense you don't want to admit to yourself.

It's mostly the fact that you know it happened, but you don't remember details that worries you. Plus, everything you do recall, you remember almost every detail; you can recite the exact words your sister told you on your first day of your senior year before she left you to go to her own classes, "don't be like them, they're stupid and weird", and you remember that one girl you met on the first day of kindergarten in Australia, Gemini.

You sigh again after closing the zipper of your bag. Just then, Sophia walks in, earbuds in and head bopping to the beat of whatever song she's listening to at the moment.

"Hey, Soph!" You smile, hearing the bass of the song through her earbuds.

"Wassup, girl?" she throws herself on the bed. "How'd it go?"

"Pretty good, the guy was nice." You answer, sitting next to her.

"Good, good." She sighs.

"You okay? You seem off." You remark, noting Sophia's oddly calm behavior.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just stressed a little." She smiles, a genuine one, so you can believe she is in fact alright.

"What's on your mind?" You ask, patting Soph's thigh.

"Guy problems."

"Oh. Ew," you scowl, guy problems are never good. "Frankie again?"

"Sadly," Sophia pouts. "The man doesn't know how to take a hint."

Frankie is a junior, the same grade as Sophia. He's been obsessed with her for a couple years now and just started making moves recently. The only thing is that he's been known to just take advantage of girls and never actually was a part of a good, stable relationship. He makes both Sophia and Maddie extremely uncomfortable whenever he's in classes with them, and he's been particularity desperate for Soph's attention over the past few days - or so you've heard.

"I don't know if I'd call him a man," you joke. "Wanna talk about it?"

"No, it'd be best not to think about it."

"Mmm, okay."

There's a moment of silence between the two of you before the door leading into the hallway opens again. Maddie is the one on the other side, poking her head in the small opening of the door and looking around.

"There you are," she opens the door tje rest of the way. "I've been looking for you, Y/N. You too, Soph."

"Here I am," you smile. "Who needs me?"

"Me, actually." Maddie straightens up, looking unusually excited.

"You need me too?" Soph says sarcastically.

"Hell yeah, I found this recipe and I wanna try it for tomorrow," Maddie says, clapping twice. "Soph, I thought you'd like it and I want to spend some time with you."

"We'll count me in! I've been waiting for the day you let me in the kitchen with you." Sophia stands up, dragging you along with her.

All you do is smile before letting Sophia pull you down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Half an hour and one big mess later, homemade noodle batter sits in the refrigerator, resting so it can be finished tomorrow for supper.

"Well shit." You say, for no particular reason you care to admit.

Sophia laughs. "What?"

"I'm tired." Maddie adds in.

"Thanks for the hundred percent not unnecessary info." Soph snaps back, a smile on her face.

"How long have you been waiting to use that one?" You jab the blonde with your elbow, also smiling.

"Too long, man," she laughs. "Y'all are too smart fro my insults."

"That's never stopped Lauren," you note with a laugh.

Maddie laughs too, followed by Soph. You just stand back, smiling at the scene. It makes you happy, seeing the people you love the most enjoying themselves. You could be having the worst day of your life and yet one laugh from any of these six girls would bring you back to life.

Sunday, July 29th, 2019
7:10 AM
/-|-\-|-/-|-\

"Are you sure it was seven?"

"If she says she's sure, she's sure! Aish... this man."

Felix had invited you back to his dorm after a long phone call about yesterday's events. The voices continue, only to be recognized in the back of your head as Hyunjin and Changbin continue arguing behind you. Your focus is just on the screen of your laptop, your email open with Chan's extremely sexy hands pressing the refresh button repeatedly.

Suddenly, Felix shouts and grabs Chan's hand from the keyboard just as you notice the unread email that appeared after the page reloaded for the hundredth time. "That's it!" He yells, shaking Chan's hand in his excitement.

After stealing his hand back Chan clicks on the tab, opening the email. You get a small sense that you're really just being dramatic about this whole thing but choose to ignore it. When the email finally loads your leg starts shaking uncontrollably under the table you sit at. Chan starts reading off what's been sent and you squeeze your eyes shut, just waiting for the sentence you want to hear.

"Ooh, here's the English translation. Okay," Chan starts reading, causing your anxiety levels to reach higher than Chan's high jump. "This email was sent to... blah blah blah... careful consideration... blah blah.. you, Y/N Y/L/N have been accepted as an idol trainee into JYP entertainment!" His voice raises in volume and pitch as he reads what his audience wants to hear.

Chaos breaks out behind you as the seven guys start cheering for you. Felix and Chan, however, simply embrace you in a hug as both yours and Lix's eyes fill with tears.

"I'm so proud." Chan whispers the phrase over and over to you.

After the all the hugs and celebrations are over and you're already about to leave, you pull Chan aside to talk.

"Look, I've only known you for a little while and haven't hung out with you a lot but I want you to know that I really appreciate how you've treated me and supported me." You say, looking directly into his eyes.

"I'm so glad I met you, Y/N." Is all he says, going in for another hug.

"Can I be honest with you?" You ask, hesitant.

"Of course."

"I have some... trust issues. I have for a while. But something about you, and Felix too, you broke right through them. I hope that's the universe telling me you're a good person, but just know how much you already mean to me."

"I..." Chan looks down, not uncomfortable but probably just processing. "I don't know what to say. I'm sorry you deal with that, no one should have to. I guess I'm just happy to be an exception."

You just smile sweetly up at him, letting your raw emotion show in your eyes. "You don't have to say anything. Just stay. Stay in my life."

"Anything for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yayyyyyyy! She made it in! I loved writing this chapter for some reason. I hope y'all enjoyed too.

All my love,
~outSTAYing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 13.9K 88
In which, Minho is sent to the country in hopes of changing his immature nature. Only he didn't think the boy he lived with would be his fixer. {83 c...
307K 10K 35
โ™กห—หโœŽ*เณƒหš :ilovefreckles: :; โ๐ข ๐š๐ฆ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฅ๐ž๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ฑ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐š ๐›๐ข๐  ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆโž โ†ณ [a stray ki...
55.7K 1.9K 33
Hwang Hyunjin was born in a rich but homophobic family. When he revealed his sexuality, he was immediately disowned. Hyunjin faced a lot of difficult...
3.4K 34 24
A collection of imagines written about the stray kids members