Azur Lane: Never Dock

By jetglean

One of the largest and most advanced carriers from WW2 is given a choice.... Stop history from repeating itse... More

Renewed Beginning
Blood Red Sakura
Friendly Intruder
Operation Dagger
Shadow of a Doubt
Devil's Smile
Begin Again
Hikaryu Maru
Edge of Yesterday

Final Countdown

1K 40 22
By jetglean

Both sides were engaging in a massive battle with Midway in the middle. His ship, twisted and turned into something more advanced than anyone else, was deploying large jet powered fighters.

A flight of Zeros and Judys from Kaga were arcing in towards Midway's carrier, seeing him having no guns and deciding he was now an easy target.

That was until she saw a smoke trail coming towards her and hits one of her aircraft. More smoke trails were rising up and hitting Kaga's aircraft.

"Tch, guided rockets." Kaga stated as she continued her dive towards his carrier, losing more and more planes to Midway's Sea Sparrows.

When she finally entered visual range, she saw the massive carrier with an angled flight deck. As Kaga looked around, she had lost all of her bombers and only a few fighters were left.

She looked back down on the carrier and saw 2 turrets start aiming at her, what she did not anticipate was how fast they fired.

Thousands of 25mm rounds flew up into the sky and started shredding the fighters apart, the sounds of which was just a BRRRRTTT.

Kaga's own plane she was riding was chewed apart by fire and she fell towards the carrier before landing on it.

"Well, well, I didn't think you'd get this far."

She looked up and saw Midway sitting on a garden chair. "Anti air defenses certainly got more advanced than your heyday, Kaga." Midway stated as he chuckled.

Midway felt someone land on his ship and he turned to see Enterprise as well. Floating down from above came Akagi. Everyone in death stare at each other.

Midway looked around and chucked. "I'll handle Akagi if you handle Kaga."

Enterprise looked at Midway and said, "Don't think this makes us allies."

Both Kaga and Enterprise take to the air and start fighting each other as Midway and Akagi just stare at each other.

"Now I will show you the power of my lo..."

"Stop right there." Midway interrupting Akagi.

"You've told the same thing so many times already. So many times." He continued to say.

Akagi only looked annoyed and asked, "And what do you think I'll say?"

"You'll talk about how your love transcends the world and can burn it eternally, and then you'll summon a golden dragon made of your "love" and try to do a fruitless attack against me."

Akagi was speechless as Midway continued saying things that was going to happen. "H... h... how...?" was the only thing Akagi could say.

Midway smiled and simply stated, "Because I've seen it time and time again, word for word, attack for attack."

Jets streaked across the sky, launching their AMRAAMs, their anti ship missiles, and their laser guided bombs. They show everyone the true evolution of warfare, the tactical importance and flexibility of an aircraft carrier.

Midway continued smiling and said, "Have you ever heard of a Reenactment, Akagi?"

"How would you feel if that this entire thing, this entire conflict, this entire world even was just a reenactment?" Midway coldly stated.

Akagi started walking backward, starting to fear what Midway was saying.

An explosion then happened in the air as Midway looked up and said, "Ah.... here comes Code G again."

A bright flash started consuming the entire area and spreading out, Akagi looked back to only see Midway's smile as he waved bye bye.

Everyone found themselves back in real space, the Mirror Sea formed by Midway having been destroyed by an unknown element.

Code G, or simply an alternate form of Enterprise stared coldly at Akagi who started to panic. Her mind is trying to understand what Midway said as she looked up.

A golden arrow then pierced through her and she started falling towards the sea.

Seeming as she might fall in, someone jumped from the water and grabbed Akagi. Holding her princess carry was Midway with his rigging deployed.

Enterprise stared coldly at Midway as he also returned the stare. As Enterprise started drawing her bow back, Midway shuffled over and laid Akagi down on one of his rigging's flight decks.

He then retracted the flight deck behind him and materialized 2 pistols in his hands.

"Don't do it." Midway stated. However the warning was ignored and Enterprise fired her arrow. Midway dodged and both ships started engaging in a fight with each other.

Midway's fighter jets were launching anti ship missiles at Enterprise, who appeared unbothered by them. Enterprise in return had a flying X move in on Midway, many of her planes not surviving the Phalanx or the Sea Sparrow missiles.

Midway dodged another bomb and continued sailing backwards away from Enterprise. An arrow then suddenly struck his arm and pierced through.

He looked up and smiled. "Time to disrupt everything."

Midway stuck his hands up in a similar stance to Enterprise. Holding what he believed to be a bow. Energy started crackling at his fingers and took the form of electricity.

The electricity was finally shaped together like an erratic bow.

As his eyes started to glow a violent yellow, the bolt started growing in power and size. He suddenly aimed upwards and released the bolt towards the sky.

The bolt flew up towards the sky then finally blew. The sound of wind parting, the bright flash, it consumed everything. Midway smiled as the entire world felt like it was shaking apart.

"So is your love capable enough against a nuke, Akagi?" He asked himself.

He looked back and started sailing away with the injured Akagi in tow.

The glowing fireball and parting clouds were still in the sky as Kaga woke up and looked around screaming, "Akagi!"

Zuikaku immediately rushed to her aide. "Senpai, you're finally awake."

Kaga looks around once again and asks "Where is Akagi-neesan?"

Hiryuu looks a bit sad and says "Ever since the communication and electronic blackout, we haven't seen her."

"No... no.... that cannot be true." Kaga said as she was starting to tear up. She fell to her knees and started to cry.

The Sakura fleet was retreating away from the battle, unable to continue fighting with the loss of their flagship.

Hiryuu looked over to Zuikaku and says "I worry about Midway. This recent attack has made him more powerful than before."

Takao nods in agreement. "Hai. He used large fighter jets and ultimately annihilated our production ships."

"We're not fit for any battles soon. We need a solution." Takao stated.

Kaga out of view of everyone else simply whispered to herself, "We need Orochi."

Many days later....

Midway walked up the steps of the Sakura shrine with Akagi still on his flight deck. Reaching up to the shrine he knocked on the door. Opening it was a Sakura shrine maiden who simply nodded and let him in.

He walked throughout the shrine as another maiden carried the injured Akagi away. "Arigato." Was all Midway said.

He looked at the walls and sighed, this wasn't the first time he was here. And probably not the last.

He opened the main room door and sitting in the middle was a white haired fox carrier.

Named Shinano.

Midway smiled a little bit and said "Hello, my dear."

Shinano chuckled a bit and said "And hello to you as well, my husband."

Midway smiled lightly and took a sip of tea. He looked up from it and said, "We have much to discuss. About the reenactment."

"What do you mean?"

"The only reason our feelings grew to this point was because your power over dreams also allowed you to view outside the confines of the reenactment." Midway stated.

"But I'm tired of it. I propose we break the cycle once and for all." Midway continued.

"And how do you suggest going about that?" Shinano asked.

"Simple. Next cycle we revive Amagi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.1K 53
y/n the legendary captain of the hyperion had achieved his lifelong goal at the cost of his own life however fate had another plan for him as he is s...
9.4K 288 49
Before I knew it I was already dead, I died along with my younger sister Rider while we were traveling together and without knowing how or why, my si...
72K 1.3K 33
A light guided missile cruiser after 80 years of active service she is decommissioned, however a storm engulfs her and ends up in the world of Azur l...
27.8K 531 31
This is the story of U-505 or known as USS Nemo and U-Boat that got capture by United States of America. This is his story of his adventure in the wo...