Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

31

721 19 1
By MayLarie10

*edited*

"I'm not going," I shook my head.

"Bean, please," Magnus put his hands together. "I will give you whatever you want. Do whatever you say, just please?"

"You already do that," I smirked.

"Ouch," He pouted. "Please, Lilly!" He got on his knees.

"Fine, fine." I groaned.

"Great," He grabbed my arms pulling himself up. "I didn't want to go alone that would be pathetic."

"Why are you going at all?" I asked. 

He looked at my outfit and snapped his fingers changing me into a long black dress with a low cut in the front.

"I have to pass the torch," He added. "Do a spin." I sighed and spun. "Perfect."

"Why do I have to be the one to go?" I complained.

"You're my favorite and Lorenzo also has an interest in you," He smiled.

"Uh, what do you mean?" I grimaced. He tilted his head back and forth.

"You know what I mean," He grabbed himself a drink. "Here." 

He handed me one. I drank it quickly as he portatled us to Lorenzo Rey's house. The new High Warlock of Brooklyn. The doors opened and Magnus motioned for me to walk first.

"Magnus this is a bad idea," I pulled at the dress.

"Bean, come on, it'll be fine," He adjusted his jacket and walked forward. "You're a powerful shadow hunter. You're known to almost everyone here. You're like a celebrity."

"Even celebrities can be hated Mag," I said. He gripped my hand and pulled me forward.

"Magnus. Magnus Bane," Lorenzo announced as he raised his hands. I groaned and tucked my hair behind my ears. "Ah and the lovely Lena." He touched my cheek his hands moving to my chin turning my head side to side. "You look magnificent, my dear."

"Thank you," I gave him a tight smile.

"Very happy that you could make it Magnus," Lorenzo nodded to him as he walked past.

"Who chose him again?" I whispered. Magnus smiled as we moved farther into the room.

"It was a vote and Lorenzo is persuasive," Magnus added. I shook my head as we walked farther into the room. "I'm glad I brought you." He hooked his arm with mine.

"Why because I'm pretty?"

"No, because you look mean," He muttered. "Keep rolling your eyes, it'll scare the others."

"Mag," I let out a tight laugh.

"I'm sorry, but most of these people are just—."

"Don't," I interrupted asMadzie came running toward me. "Madzie!" I knelt in front of her. The thigh split in my dress showed my upper leg. It was a dangerous spot on the dress.

"Lena," She hugged me.

"Ah you've gotten so big," I smiled and turned away from Magnus. "Are you having fun?" She shook her head. "Why not?" I tugged on her little bow on her dress. "You're dressed beautifully little princess." She ran her hands down her dress with a smile.

"I don't like people," She said.

"Do you wanna hear something?" I whispered with a small smile. "I don't like people either."

"So why are you here?" She asked. I tucked my hair behind my ears again and sighed.

"Cause Mag wanted me to come for comfort, but you, my little sorceress are here because you're powerful," I said. She smiled and swayed back and forth slightly. 

"Mhmm, you are amazing that's why you're here. These people." I pointed around. "They are your people and they will always take care of you even if a few of them are grumpier than others." I teased. 

She laughed a little. The floor started to shake. I looked back to Magnus seeing everyone's magic get out of control. Everyone's warlock marks started appearing. No one had control.

"I'm out of here," Rufus scoffed. 

He summoned a portal, but it went wrong. I covered Madzie's eyes as his arms were taken off by the portal. It morphed into a dark red portal moving toward Madzie and me. I turned putting her behind me, but Magnus stepped in front of us. He snapped his fingers and moved his hands around as he stopped it

"What was that?" I asked. My hands loosened on Madzie as I checked to see if she was okay.

"I don't know," He muttered. 

I looked over and saw Lorenzo glaring at Magnus. Madzie went off with Catarina while everyone else left in a hurry. Magnus told me to check in with him tomorrow when his magic was working fine again. He would try to figure it out before then. I nodded and went back to the institute. I walked through the doors getting looks from everyone.

"Where did you come from?" Isabelle smirked. The cold air brushed high on my thigh as I walked through the institute.

"A warlock party," I rolled my eyes. "Anything new?" I crossed my arms. The screens were pulled up in front of me, but she was giving no updates. She stared at my legs. "Iz?"

"Sorry, I love that dress," She blinked a few times and looked back at the monitors.

"Any more attacks?" I laughed.

"Do a spin?" She asked. I waited. "Luke is coming by later with more information from his end of this. Now?" I did a spin. "I love those shoes too. Where is my brother?" I looked down at my dress. It was low cut in the front and back. It was scandalous.

"Lena?" Clary was smiling at me. Jace behind her. He had no expression on his face, other than exhaustion.

"Why are you all here?" I rubbed my forehead. "Shouldn't you be doing something?"

"Where did you come from a casino?" Jace joked. Clary smacked his arm.

"Magnus'," I muttered.

"Hey does anyone know—Lena," Alec paused his eyes moving over the dress. He came forward his chest rising and falling. 

"She came from a casino," Jace smirked. Clary hit his arm again. I flipped him off, which only made him laugh harder.

"Didn't you go to a warlock function?" Alec asked his jaw clenching as he crossed his arms. I nodded. "And Magnus dressed you like that."

"He was trying to win favor," Isabelle smiled.

"The New High Warlock of Brooklyn has an interest in me. He wanted me to go with him. It's to keep connections for the institute," I explained. Alec nodded as he moved his hand for me to follow him without turning around.

"Oh, he's angry," Clary whispered. 

I shot her a glare as we passed. I was expecting him to walk to his office, but he turned moving to his room. He opened the door not turning around to look at me. I walked in sighing as I turned around.

"It's not—." He cut me off with a kiss. His hands pulled my hips against him. I threaded my fingers through his hair making him moan into my mouth. 

"If I had known it would take a provocative dress to get you to act like this I would have asked Magnus for one a long time ago," I teased. 

He kissed me again his hands gripping under my thighs as he lifted me until my back pressed against the wall and my legs wrapped around his torso exposing my hips.

"This should be," He kissed me. "Only for me." He kissed me again his lips going to my jaw and then my neck as I moved my hips forward feeling him lean farther into me. "No one else." He kissed me again. Breathless. We both were. I pulled back biting his lip as his hands tightened.

"Only you."

***

"So how did that dress go?" Isabelle asked. I smirked but didn't answer. She didn't need to ask, she knew.

"I have to go check on Magnus again today. Keep me in the loop with the demonic possessions though please," I explained. She nodded as I left the institute. When I arrived at Magnus'. He was pacing back and forth.

"Well this isn't a good sign," I shut the door.

"I've got to tell you something," He wrung his hands.

"Again, not a good sign," I crossed my arms. My eyes followed him back and forth. He was in one of his silk robes the front open. 

"So um," He sighed. "Lorenzo came here accusing me of sabotaging his party last night since his ley line was purposefully sabotaged."

"He was just jealous—."

"He thinks Asmodeus was the one to sabotage the lay lines," Magnus blurted. I stared at him. "Asmodeus is the most powerful demon prince of Edom."

"Okay? So why are you also being accused?" I waited.

"Asmodeus is my father," He looked away from me.

"And you kept that from me?" I said "My father was fucking Valentine Morgenstern, Mag. Out of everyone you should have at least admitted you have major bio-dad issues too." Mag laughed a little.

"I've just always been so ashamed," He rubbed his face.

"I was thinking that maybe you both were a couple or something, but I like this version better," I waved my hand through the air.

"My father's magic is unique. If I can study the corrupted ley lines, I might be able to track him," Magnus reasoned. His eyes barely reached mine. "We can't portal through his wards without him knowing and I need to get into his mansion."

"So this is why I'm here," I put my hands on my hips. "Distraction so I can help you sneak in." 

"Yeah," He grimaced.

"You know I think our friendship has really gone downhill," I joked. He smiled.

"Thank you Bean, but you can't wear that," He pressed his fingers to his lips. He didn't approve of my shadow hunter gear.

"Alec wanted me to tell you to stop making me so exposed," I pointed at him. Magnus smiled.

"Okay," He snapped his fingers and put me in a tight black dress with an open back and long sleeve. The front had gold trim going down the front of the deep v-line. I pointed at it. "You have to give him something. He's seen much in his many centuries."

"Let's just do this." I groaned.

"You need to flirt, maybe smile," Magnus tried to critique me. He snapped his fingers and changed his clothes as we both left.

I raised my hand knocking on the giant door. It swung open immediately. Lorenzo standing in the foyer with his hands behind his back.

"Miss Morgenstern," He muttered. "I suppose you're here to defend Magnus Bane?"

"No," I smiled. "Actually I'm here to defend you." He looked up and down my dress. "As a Shadow Hunter and a highly trained member of the New York Institute. It's my job to keep you safe."

"What if I can prove that Magnus is involved? You have a conflict of interest, no?" He smirked.

"My interest is stopping whoever corrupted the ley lines?" I put on my best lawyer voice. "May I come in? Look around. Maybe get an official statement from you as well." He gestured for me to move forward.

"Do you always dress so well when you're out on business?" He walked at my side. "Or is this a special offer to only me?"

"Just because I'm a shadow hunter doesn't mean I can't work in a dress and heels," I smirked at him. 

We walked into the foyer and looked around. I could feel his eyes on me and it made me disgusted, but I had a job to do.

"You truly believe that Magnus did this out of spite?" I asked. I had to admit his decorations were unique. His eyes immediately moved to his cushions.

"Magnus Bane is the only Warlock I know capable of conjuring that type of demonic magic," Lorenzo explained. His tone was flat and his face straight. 

"Well, I can assure you Mr. Rey that if Magnus is behind this, I will turn him over to the Clave myself," I smiled. He smiled and gave me a short nod in return. I turned around looking at the walls once more.

"Spoken like a true shadow hunter," He laughed. "The law is hard, but it is the law. And please call me Enzo."

"Well then, how about a toast Enzo, do our new partnership?" I gestured to the small bar stand he had near the far wall.

"An excellent idea my dear," He moved past me. "Scotch? Whiskey?" He held up a bottle.

"I'll have whatever you having," I smiled. He nodded and turned back to the bottles. I moved back toward the wall looking at the paintings.

"An old-fashioned, then," He smiled and turned his back to me. "And I do mean old-fashioned." I moved toward the window with my back to it as I unlocked the glass panel. "I've been drinking this recipe for over 200 years." 

"An expert," I moved closer to him.

"You're absolutely going to love it," He added. "I could conjure it, but I find mixing it by hand is the only way to achieve," He grabbed the second glass turning toward me "Perfection." 

He smiled and handed it to me. I took it and walked past him so his back was turned to the window. The top of Magnus's head appeared near the bottom corner.

"A man with fine taste," I smirked over my glass as I took a whiff.

"You are a connoisseur yourself?" He asked. I tilted my head back and forth. Magnus opened the window slowly stepping in.

"I used to dabble here and there with alcohol," I admitted. My eyes moved around his room. "Your ceilings are spectacular. I forgot to mention that the other night." Magnus closed the window. 

"Thank you." Lorenzo went to turn around.

"Cheers!" I told him holding up my glass. He looked at me surprised. "To our new partnership of course. I find the first sip is better after being dedicated. Don't you?" 

He nodded his head with a smile as his eyes looked me over again. We clinked glasses and took a drink. 

"Mm." I licked my lips. "This is truly perfection."

"I'm glad you like it," He smiled. "It's my favorite."

"Well, I can see why," I gave him a small smile as I turned moving about his home. Magnus needed to hurry up.

"I could see us being good friends in the future Lena," Lorenzo moved next to me. "Truly? I feel our personalities complement one another." I turned smiling at him.

"I would have to agree to that Enzo. I can see us working well together in the future," I inclined my head. "I love your home." I glanced over my shoulder at him. "I've always dreamt of living in one just like it." My hand reached out as I caressed the paneling. 

"Is it too forward if I ask for a tour?" I turned as I moved my drink to my other hand. "I mean while I'm here. It would be a shame if I didn't."

"Of course. I would be more than happy," He moved forward letting me take his arm as he walked me upstairs. 

He showed me every piece of artwork, every ceramic, every small little thing he's collected over the centuries. We stopped in front of a painting of a family. It reminded me of baby Jesus and Mary.

"Does this baby look familiar?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes but smiled.

"Yes?"

"It's actually me," He smiled. "El Greco was a friend of my mother and used me as an inspiration."

"That's brilliant." I laughed a little.

"Needless to say growing up in Torleto during the Siglo de Oro was quite the experience," He took another drink from his cup. I took another larger drink nodding along with him. There was a slight noise downstairs.

"Did you hear something?" He asked. I furrowed my brows.

"No," I moved closer to him.

"Let's just go check," He caressed my arm as we moved for the stairs. 

I stayed just behind him, I would try and move faster but stairs and heels don't go together. If Magnus got me caught we were never going to be able to work with the High Warlock of Brooklyn again. 

"I'm sure I heard something." He looked around. "Strange." I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I would trust your senses more," I held up the empty glass smiling. "I think I should head back to the institute and maybe put in some more information." He took my glass from my hand.

"I hope to see you again Lena, it was a pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine honesty, your house is a dream. You have fabulous taste in art and all things. I hope to work with you in the future. I look forward to it actually," I laughed. He set the drinks down and walked me to the door.

"Farewell, Miss Morgenstern," He took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Please Enzo, call me Lena," I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you so much for letting me tour your home." He nodded and slowly let go of my hand. The door shut and I practically ran to the gravel. I saw Magnus come around the hedges. 

"What the hell was happening?" I whispered.

"Whatever corrupted those ley lines was definitely from Edom," He whispered. He seemed out of breath. I touched his arm.

"Are you okay?" He nodded.

"It's not my father's energy signature. This magic is very old and very evil. The demon responsible is as powerful as they come. Unlike anything I've ever seen before." He said. I hooked arms with him as we both started walking away.

"Worse than Asmodeus?" I asked. He nodded.

"Much worse."

"Great." I sighed. 

I glanced back at the mansion looking to see if he was watching me, but he wasn't. Lorenzo seemed like he had good intentions upfront, but he was a two-faced schemer. He was too prideful. We got back to Magnus' apartment when I got a call.

"Hey."

"Come to St. Andrews, bring Magnus," Isabelle said.

"On it," I nodded. "Can you?" 

Magnus snapped his fingers changing my outfit back to normal before portalling us to St. Andrews. We came out of a closet seeing Alec, Isabelle, and Luke standing with Catarina.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Another type of surge. Catarina lost control of her magic while trying to help a patient." Alec whispered. I nodded and looked at Magnus.

"It's spreading," I mumbled. He nodded and walked around getting some more information. Alec leaned forward and sniffed me. "Don't sniff me."

"Why do you smell like an old man?"

"I was at Lorenzo's house," I hit his arm. He clenched his jaw as I leaned into him. "You literally just called him old man, calm down." I walked around standing next to Isabelle and Catarina.

"Is Mr. Harris okay?" Luke nodded.

"He'll pull through," Magnus explained. Catarina looked at him as she played with her necklace.

"And everyone else?" She asked.

"A patient upstairs on a ventilator," Magnus sighed.

"Oh god," She pressed her hand flat to her chest. "It's all my fault."

"Catarina, you had no way of knowing that this would happen," Magnus reasoned.

"This proves that Lorenzo's mansion wasn't the only place affected," Alec muttered. "We have to get back to the institute." He interlaced his fingers with mine as we walked off. Isabelle coming to my side.

"What no slutty dress today?" She teased.

"You want to see it?" Magnus asked. I shot him a look.

"Not yet," Alec said. His face was straight. He didn't even cast a glance at any of us as he continued walking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 971 11
๐‘ฝ๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’„๐’–๐’๐’… / ver-I- kuhnd / Adjective 1. Bashful ; Modest _________________________________________ Being alone and always...
322K 8.1K 38
"I'm sorry I never meant for this to happen I was supposed to protect you" "It's fine. I'll just have to live with it or should I say be dead with it...
213K 4.7K 40
"You rise, I fall I stand, you crawl You twist, I turn Who's the first to burn." I...
28.7K 433 20
๐‚๐‡๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐€ ๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐Š๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐, the second oldest of the blackthorns one of the most wealthiest shadowhunter family. Her whole life is all p...