Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

17

1.4K 31 0
By MayLarie10

*edited*

"I do know how to throw a brilliant party," Magnus smiled. I nodded to him. A lot of people had showed up for Max's celebration.

"Especially on short notice," I smirked. The doors open through the crowd I could see Simon and Clary holding hands.

"Hey Linny—." I smacked Alec's chest lightly pointing at the door.

"Did you know?" I asked seeing their enjoined hands disappear.

"That's new, I didn't know that was a thing. At all," He shook his head. "Magnus I wanted to say thank you again. This is more than I could have done for him by myself." Magnus gave a slight bow as he handed me a drink.

"What's in this?" I asked.

"It's virgin," He winked at me.

"Remind me to stop talking to you after today," I joked. "Mmhmm." I grabbed Alec's arm leading him away from Magnus.

"What was that?" He smirked as I pulled him around.

"He's invested in our relationship," I said.

"Mm, yes this relationship that we have, that is still unnamed," Alec looked out at the crowd around us his hands in the pockets of his dress coat.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend? I mean you already are," I smirked. He turned to me putting his hand under my chin and lifting my face so he could kiss me. "Wow if that's all it took for you to kiss me like that. I would have called you mine a long time ago." 

"Yeah, I bet you would have," He said. 

He stared at me his smile fading away. He took a step from me. The complete turn in his emotions confused me. He was just fine, was it what I said?

"What?" I laughed a little.

"You're a demon," He muttered. "You shouldn't even be at this party. It's for Shadow Hunters. I've seen what you do. How do you do it? You're a demon, Lena. That's all you were ever made to be. You just ruined everything you touch, corrupt it until all that's left is pain," Alec snapped. 

He got close to my face. There was no love in his eyes anymore. He was angry, hateful and it was all directed at me.

"No, I'm not," I reached for him and he smacked my hand to the side. "Alec."

"Don't," He backed away from me. "Just leave and don't come back or I will have to kill you. All you've done is ruin my life, I should have listened to my mother. Everyone's right about you Lena. You are just too much to handle." 

He disappeared into the crowd. I looked around slowly trying to see things around me. Clary and Magnus were speaking near the corner. Magnus looked at me, his expression wasn't anything normal. He was glaring at me. He walked into a room. Clary moved for the door.

"Clary, what's happening?"

"Why can't you just die? It would be better for us all. It should have just been me. You've only brought us pain your whole life," Clary shook her head. 

I watched as Alec moved toward me as well. I zoned them out moving away from them. What was this? Alec pushed through people as he got to the stairs to the roof. This wasn't real, it couldn't be. Right?

"Alec!" I yelled. Something wasn't right. 

"Don't you see what you're doing?" Clary snapped as we walked out onto the roof. Alec was moving up onto the side as he stood on the edge.

"Alec! Don't!" I yelled. My eyes burned. 

"I can't get away from you." He glared at me. "There is only one way. This is the only option."

"You've pushed him to this." Clary snapped. 

Alec put his arms out at his sides and closed his eyes. He was accepting his fate as he fell back. My body moved activating my demonic side. I grabbed his collar yanking him back onto the roof. My pull was so strong his collar ripped. I let go of him as my body fell over the edge. I lost my footing. I couldn't get a grasp on the side as the wind started to throw my hair around my face.

There is only one way.

"Lilly!" My body froze as I was lifted through the air. I grabbed the ledge when I was close enough to see Magnus pull me up.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Alec, he—," Tears spilled from my eyes. "You shouldn't have saved me." I let my hair cover my face as I stared at the ground. Maybe they were right.

"What the hell is going on?" Maryse asked. She ran out onto the roof. Alec was holding his neck a slight burn from how hard I pulled him. "You did this!" More tears fell from my eyes as they all looked at me.

"You will all be alright, just stay here," Magnus added. I

 backed up to the other side of the roof trying to keep myself away from them. No one followed me thankfully. I looked over the other side staring down at the busy street below. I could have been down there by now. I could have been away from all of this. 

I could protect the people I care about from me. I was able to hide my pain, and my fear from everyone because It was just me thinking it. The moment someone else says exactly what I've thought for weeks, it's like everything I've done crumbles. I'm just a little girl again. No one to protect or guide me but myself and I don't know how.

"Lilly!" Magnus yelled. "Where is she?!" He came around the corner. "Bean, please come here." I stared at him. "The magic is gone." I still felt the same nothing had changed for me. "It was just a spell." He reached for me.

"Magnus, but what they said was true," I whispered.

"Please, just come with me for a while—." The book in his hands disappeared. "Someone took my spell book!" He threw his hands up conjuring the wards. The invisible seal appeared in front of me. I couldn't jump anymore. I'd wasted my chance.

"I need you." He reached his hand out to me once more. "I need my Lilly." I wiped my face and blinked moving after him as he squeezed my hand tightly kissing my head.

"Lena," Clary reached for me, but I passed her my eyes on the ground. 

I couldn't look at them. Magnus said it was a spell, but even so, what they said was true. All of it. I shouldn't be here. I helped Magnus check each person before they left.

"I'm all good over here," I reported. 

I came back over to the group, they were checking Raj to make sure he didn't have it on him.

"I was lining up a three-way," He sighed. Alec pushed him toward the door.

"It seems I'm the only warlock here." He threw his hands down.

"Why would someone want the spell book?" Jace asked.

"It's an old spell book, it's very old going back centuries with old languages—." He thought to himself. "Asharoo, it's an old French dialect." He looked at me as he threw his wards back up. "The red-haired cat." 

All of us moved into the other room as we searched for the cat. Jace and Magnus were on either side of the bed as they yanked the covers back. A red-haired cat lept from the bed wanting to escape, but Magnus threw a spell at her. She changed into her real form. She turned and threw her arms out stunning me. When I was released she was gone. I ran into the other room seeing Magnus holding her with his magic.

"Clary you made a blood oath. Find Madzie," She muttered as she was thrown back into a portal.

"Where is the book?" Isabelle asked.

"With Valentine," Magnus rubbed his forehead. "What would he need with the old book going back to angels." I looked over at Jace and Clary.

"Valentine had kidnapped the angel Ithuriel, he was going to use him to activate the soul sword, but we freed him." Clary blurted out. 

"How?"

"With Runes," Jace said.

"That I saw through visions, through my connection with Ithurial," Clary added. Magnus looked at Clary and then at me.

"The sword can only be activated by pure angelic blood," Jace added. "There is a demon who can destroy the soul sword and if we find him we can stop Valentine." 

Magnus paced back and forth as he muttered to himself about the angels and how shadow hunters once had a connection through their blood.

"Clary has pure angelic blood," Simon muttered.

"How is that possible?" Clary asked. "I mean." She looked at me.

"Maybe Lena and I weren't the only two experimented on," Jace reasoned. I crossed my arms and stared at the floor. Clary is the key. She can activate it.

"My family tree just keeps getting better and better," I massaged my temple.

"That's why he didn't want Clary harmed," Jace said. I walked forward scratching the back of my neck as I touched the ring on my finger. It was from Valentine. I could go back in. I could try to stop him.

"Jace, come here," I waved for him to come over to Magnus and me.

"What?" He asked.

"What did the demon look like that touched the sword?" I asked him. He furrowed his brows but thought.

"It was hooded, I couldn't see much, but the hand had black veins. Cracked skin with red coming through, a vibrant red. Why?" 

"I—um—I'm not sure, but thanks," I nodded. He walked back over to Clary as I grabbed Magnus' arm. He knew what I was going to say.

"I know what you thinking," Magnus shook his head. He immediately tried to push me away.

"Just listen to me—."

"I will not listen to this!" He put his hands up.

"Fine." 

I nodded my head walking back into the main room. I grabbed a bottle off the table moving for the door.

"Lena," Alec moved for me. I couldn't even look up at him. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I said anything to you, but it wasn't me."

"It didn't," I assured him. "It's all good."

"Then why can't you look at me," He asked. I looked at the bottle in my hand. "Linny please."

"What do you want me to say?" I whispered.

"Nothing, I just want to tell you that whatever was said any of it was wrong. It was all wrong," He pushed my hair over my shoulder as he caressed just under my jaw. "You are my world and nothing could ever change that. Okay?"

"If I said anything too I'm sorry," I breathed. He clenched his jaw. "Why would you do that?" My eyes watered. "Why would you do that?"

"I'm sorry, Linny. It's just after everything," He shook his head. "Why did you go after me? Magnus would've caught me? Why did you let yourself go?"

"I didn't know where he was. I didn't know if you were going to fall to your—," I blinked trying to get rid of my tears. "I wasn't going to risk losing you. So I acted instead of relying on other people. It worked out in the end I guess."

"This is why you scare me when we are near the edges of buildings," He leaned his forehead against mine.

"Yeah, well we won't be going near them for a while," I said. He took the bottle from my hands. "I was going to go throw that at a wall." Alec stared at me. "No, I wasn't."

"Mhmm." 

He moved back into the room setting it on the table. The others were going to the door to leave. Isabelle gripped my arms.

"You know I can feel you now right?" She whispered.

"I'm sorry," I gave her a tight smile.

"You can try to block it all you want, but I can feel what's happening. I can feel that you're not okay," She whispered. I squeezed her hand back.

"I can say the same thing about you," I told her. "When your Mom goes back to Idris promise me you'll stop." She swallowed her spit looking around us as she nodded.

"I promise."

"Good and I will know if you're lying," I smiled as she walked out of the door. Alec was standing there staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing," He shook his head smiling softly.

"Can I hug you?" I asked. He laughed a little and moved toward me.

"You don't have to ask for hugs, Lena. I think we are far past that," He kissed my temple as I laughed. "Let's get home. We have an early start tomorrow."

"Oh wait, Mag," I muttered as he let go of me moving into the halls. Magnus was staring at the floor. "Magnus," I stepped forward. He looked over at me.

"Bean," He shook his head. "I hate seeing you like that. You know that." 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry your book was stolen. I'm sorry you destroyed your home. I'm sorry we made a mess." I said. He shook his finger in my face.

"Don't apologize to me Lilly," He smiled. "I'm just glad you are alright. That everyone is alright." He hugged me.

"Me too, thank you for saving me," I whispered.

"I will always save you Lilly Bean." He smiled as we separated. "Now go your boyfriend keeps making goo goo eyes and it's making my skin crawl." 

He waved me off. I laughed and turned seeing Alec smiling faintly at me. I walked forward taking his hand.

"Now we can go."

"Your room or mine?" He asked with a smirk. I gasped surprised by his forwardness.

"Yours is warmer," I smiled.

"That's because you leave your window open," Alec shook his head.

***

Clary and I stood side by side as Max came forward reciting the oath. He asked me how scary the silent brothers were and I told him they were fine. They only looked scary. They were good people. Protectors. Max was adorable.

"Join the shadow hunter ranks," He looked around at us all as he pulled his sleeve up. The silent brother grabbed Max's stele burning the shadow hunter mark into his skin. 

When we were finished they walked him out of the room. Then Isabelle, Alec, Jace, Clary, and I followed after them. It was a wonderful ceremony short, but beautiful.

"Lena," Maryse called. She looked nervous. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" 

I gave Alec a small smile as I walked toward his Mother. I took a deep breath preparing myself for a conversation about how I'm no good for her son. She leaned forward pulling me into a hug. I was hesitant at first. 

"Thank you for saving him." She whispered. Her voice wavered. "Thank you for saving him even when you were upset."

"I wouldn't think twice," I said. She leaned back and wiped the tear that escaped her eye.

"He is everything to me. He's always been so strong," She told me as I nodded.

"He's everything to me too, that's why it was so easy," I admitted. She laughed a little putting her hand on my cheek.

"I'm so sorry Lena." I wanted to laugh. It seems that my whole life everyone was just apologizing to me. "I see now that you would sacrifice yourself for people you care for. You would sacrifice yourself for anyone and you do. You've saved both my boy's lives time and time again." She wiped her eyes. "I wish I wouldn't have let my assumptions get the best of me all these years. You could have been closer with them."

"I'm dating your son and parabatai with your daughter," I smiled. "I don't know how much closer I can get." She laughed as well.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted. How I've treated you. You are good for my son, he's open with you. He's honest and that's hard for him sometimes. I'm glad he has you to look after him." I nodded my head.

"I understand. Thank you," She leaned forward pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Now I have to talk to my boys," She took a deep breath wiping her eyes as she laughed. "Sorry."

"Never apologize for emotions," I told her. 

I turned on my heel smiling at Alec as he walked toward me. He kissed me as we both separated. I just smiled as he watched me walk away from him toward Clary.

"Well that was good," Clary smiled. I nodded.

"Yeah," I breathed. "It was unexpected."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1.3K 22
[ SLOWLY EDITING - COMPLETED ] ***WARNING: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION {CONSTRUCTION} Clarissa Morgenstern is off on a...
245K 7.3K 80
Cover by the brilliantly talented @amxnaah "This is chaos. And not the good kind of chaos. The 'let me go die in a hole' kind of chaos." "Oh calm do...
57.5K 1.6K 33
Asher Montgomery is the daughter of two legacies. Lilith Penrose, her mother, could conjure up the most powerful runes with her skillful calligraphy...
427K 9.1K 42
[HIGHEST: #1 in shadowhunters] [HIGHEST: # 1 in jacewayland] [ HIGHEST: #1 in themortalinstruments] [HIGHEST: #1 jaceherondale] [HIGHEST: #1 aleclig...