Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

16

1.5K 33 0
By MayLarie10

*edited*

My phone buzzed as I picked it up.

"Yeah," I muttered. I was on my bed. My bathroom door closed and my body was stripped of clothes.

"Hey, I need you. Clary needs you," Luke said.

"Okay, I'll be there," I whispered.

"Lena, are you okay?" He asked. 

I pushed myself up seeing the blood on my covers. It was a mixture of black and red. 

"I'm good. Yeah, I'm good." I told him. "Sent me a pin I'll be there." 

I stumbled off the bed. My back slammed into the wall. I went through my contacts searching for Magnus. My stele was lying on the carpet near my feet. I kicked it back toward me as I moved it over my rune.

"Bean," Mag answered

"I need you," I sighed. 

There was barely enough strength in my body to move around. I wasn't going to be able to clean this up quick enough to get to Clary.

"I'm here." Magnus hung up. I let myself sit there for a moment my rune slowly working on me. There was a light knock on the door. "Bean?"

"Yeah." He opened the door seeing me on the ground.

"What happened?" He looked around the room. "Why is there still so much blood?" I shook my head.

"Can you help clean this up, I have to go," I swallowed. My mouth was dry, but I could still taste the metal.

"Lena, this isn't normal," Magnus said.

"Mag, please, just," I waved my hand to the bathroom. 

He stood up and pushed the door open seeing the massacre inside. It did look like enough blood for me to kill someone.

"Lena, you need help. I'm not kidding. You need to get someone. If you don't tell anyone I will, this can't happen. You will die if you keep doing this." Magnus reasoned. I shook my head pushing my body up. I moved forward pressing my hands in the bed to keep myself up. 

"Do you really want Isabelle to feel that? You just got a parabatai? She can feel this."

"It's a two-way street Mag," I said. One foot after the other I walked to my closet. "Will you clean this, please? I have to go help Clary."

"Bean," He muttered. I didn't turn around as I dressed myself in black. I brushed out my hair and rinsed my mouth as I went out the door. "Lena, you shouldn't go."

"I've dealt with things like this before, it's the same, Magpie. I got this." I assured him. "Thank you for the help. I'm sorry I interrupted your day." I walked out the door him following right behind me.

"This isn't like those other times," Magnus whispered.

"Don't talk about this here," I argued. "I will be fine. The first few days are the worst." He followed after me until I got to the doors.

"Lena!" Alec called.

"I have to go, I'll talk with you later," I smiled as I left the institute. 

Magnus and Alec standing next to one another. I pulled out my phone taking in a deep breath as I stumbled a bit. The pin. It was an old prison factory or something. My eyes weren't focusing well.

***

"Luke," I whispered.

I moved through the building. There wasn't a sound anywhere. He wasn't waiting for me. Nothing. I had to walk myself through the plastic-covered rooms. It looked like a horror movie in here.

"Ah Lynn," Valentine smirked. I turned around pointing my blade at him. "You won't kill me, Lena." He pulled something out of his pocket. It was a vial of black liquid, in an injector like the ones he's used on me before. My blade shook in my hand. "You need this."

"No, I don't," I breathed looking at it.

"It will make this go away, you have to take it or your body will kill you, Lena. It's the only way that you will survive and be able to protect your friends and family." He took a step closer to me. When he realized I wasn't going to move he came forward again. 

"It's your choice my child, but I know what's best for you." He pulled my hand up setting it in my hand. "When you realize this is what you need come to me."

"Why?" I asked swallowing the sob. "Why would you do this to me?"

"I never intended for it to go this far, but if you want to protect the remnants of your family. Of our family, you have to be strong. I want you to be strong." He pushed my hair out of my face. "You can't be strong if you dying, Lynn. You are smart. Remember, just remember what I've taught you." He put a ring in my hand. "When you need more." 

My blade deformed as he disappeared my eyes resting on the liquid in the vial. My vision blurred, but I moved the needle to my neck. My hand was shaking as I tried not to. I knew it was wrong. I knew it was wrong.

"Come on, Lena," I hissed feeling the needle pierce my skin. "No. No. No." 

I pushed it farther grimacing as I released the demon blood into my system. I closed my eyes tightly as the feeling rushed through my body. I tried to think of it as a shot of vitamins. It was the cure for my disease.

"Lena, there you are," Luke huffed. I hit the injector behind my back as he looked at me. 

"Come on, we have to get to Clary and Jace on the roof." He walked past me his gun out. "What are you doing down here?" I put the injector on a crate moving after him.

"I didn't know where you were. I was trying to listen to find you all," I said. My blade reformed as I followed after him.

"Well that did you no good," Luke chuckled.

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes. Loud footsteps caught our attention. Clary and Jace came down.

"Did you find Valentine?" She asked. "Lena?"

"I see, I'm late," I laughed looking at Luke. He shrugged.

"Let's go, we can take you back to the Jade Wolf." He put his gun back in his holster as he moved through the warehouse.

"What happened?" I asked.

"An angel was communicating with me," Clary muttered. I turned to look at her. "I know."

"Wow, what are we the magical siblings?" I joked. Clary just shook her head while Jace laughed.

"The soul sword isn't what everyone thinks it is," Jace muttered. "It's something from the heavens."

"That's why he needed an angel to activate it," Clary added. "With a strike of lightning."

"What will it do?" I asked.

"It will destroy the downworld," Jace said. Luke turned to him.

"You lied to me," He looked hurt. "You both lied to me."

"We were trying to protect you," Clary said. 

Luke just shook his head moving forward. It's not like any of us have really been honest with one another in this family. I mean seriously. My phone buzzed, Alec's contact coming up.

"Hey, sorry I'm on the way back," I answered.

"Okay, good. I have to talk to you," Alec muttered. 

My stomach dropped at these words. I didn't know what that meant, but he was left with Magnus.

"Those are not good words," I hated when people said that. No matter what is was, I always felt like I was in trouble.

"I'm worried about Izzy," He explained. I let out a breath. He wasn't the only one.

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

***

"They said that was the angel," Alec pointed at the monitor. A light shot from the top of the building into the sky. It really could have been anything.

"It could be a shooting star," Isabelle said. 

She leaned against the table staring at her brother. She was pale and sweaty, but she still put on makeup and tried to present herself this morning.

"You don't believe them?"

"It's just there hasn't been one in centuries," Isabelle added. I shrugged and looked over seeing a little boy. Max.

"Max," Alec smiled. He moved toward the boy. Isabelle was just behind him. They hugged their younger brother. Maryse stood behind him looking angry. Funny she couldn't come for our parabatai ceremony, but she could come after.

"Mom," Isabelle stood up confused. They weren't on the best of terms since the wedding disaster.

"Max, why don't you tell them," She smiled. Her eyes moved to me.

"I passed my last trial. I get my first rune!" He cheered.

"That's amazing," Alec smiled.

"You finally mastered that roundhouse kick," Isabelle teased her brother.

"Your father is tied up with the Valentine task force in Idris, so Alec, as the eldest male member of the family. You will be responsible for Max's rune and his party," She looked at him. 

I squeezed his hand lightly as I moved away. That was not my business to interrupt. I left the institute to go to Magnus's. Aldertree couldn't keep me here so I just walk freely now.

"Magpie?" I announced as I opened his doors.

"Bean one of these times I will be naked," Magnus smiled.

"You've got company, so I doubt that," I laughed. Jace was sitting on the couch staring at the table. "I don't miss the moping."

"Shut it," Jace ran his hands through his hair.

"Anyway," I looked to Magnus.

"You seem better," He spoke quietly. I nodded giving him a big smile.

"Like I said, it would pass," I said. He looked me up and down and then smiled.

"Good, I had faith in you Bean, but you scared me," He hugged me.  "How's life been? How's Alec been?"

"Mag," I warned.

"So you did take the next step?" He asked following me around.

"I will punch you," I pointed my finger at his face. He held his hands up.

"I've invested too much time into your love life, you've gotta give me something," Magnus argued. I laughed as my face blushed and he snapped his fingers.

"Speaking of, Maryse is in town," I grumbled.

"Ooo, so I won't leave here then," Magnus muttered. "After the conversation I had with her she doesn't like me very much."

"What did you do?" I asked following him as he walked away from me.

"Nothing, look who it is!" Magnus yelled as the doors opened. Alec walked in.

"Hey," I smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"To see you and ask Magnus a very big favor," He sighed.

"Whatever it is sure," Magnus waved his hand through the air.

"Mag, you don't even know what it is yet?" I crossed my arms smirking at him.

"Yes, but he's with you Bean. Therefore happy everything," He smirked throwing his hands in the air. I shook my head.

"Can I throw my brother's party here?" Alec asked.

"Oh I retract that statement," Magnus grabbed a bottle of alcohol pouring some into a martini glass.

"Maryse?" I asked and he nodded taking another sip.

"Well, mm, I guess, fine," He nodded. "I did already agree. From now on though I will be asking before agreeing to things."

"Hey, I'm sorry my mom ran you off," Alec muttered moving closer to me. I put my hands on his hips as I smiled at him. 

"No, it was fine. That's a family conversation that I don't need to be a part of." I explained. He paused for a moment before nodding.

"Max passed his trials?" Jace asked.

"Yeah," Alec smiled.

"Where's Robert?"

"He's in Idris taking care of a Valentine task force," Alec nodded. 

He moved over to sit by Jace. I didn't know if they'd talked in a bit since Jace was kicked out of the Institute by Aldertree.

"We need decorations," Magnus walked around throwing his hands left and right. 

His apartment obeyed his every command. He would change the furniture, the drapes, and the decorations around the room. 

"What do you think?" I looked around. "A little much?"

"Yeah." I smiled. He sighed and threw his hand in the air fixing a few things. "Thank you for doing this Magnus. I know we intrude on you all the time now."

"It's no problem, you all make my life interesting. It's fun this way," He smiled. "Also I like to see you happy." He put his hand on my shoulder as I nodded. "So do you love him?"

"Magnus," I said. He just laughed and moved into another room. "I mean—." 

I looked around seeing Alec still talking with Jace. Both of them invested in what the other was saying.

"Roof," He offered his hand as we portaled to the roof.

"We could have just used the stairs," I laughed. He shrugged.

"Go on," He sat down in one of the chairs while I paced in front of him.

"I mean I think I am. Before I was just falling in love or at least I think I was. I already knew that. Since the first time I met him I would have these weird little fantasies—never mind," Magnus sat up.

"Sex dreams?"

"Ew, Magnus I was a teenager!" I yelled.

"Fine."

"Anyway, I mean recently things have been great. After everything that blew up for a time after the wedding disaster it was chaotic, but," I smiled. "I don't know I just—He's the person I want to see in every room. He's who I look to for comfort. He means," I ran my hands over my face. "Everything to me. Oh! I'm so fucked!"

"Yes, yes you are, my dear," Magnus smiled. "I've known since the first time you came here."

"What if he doesn't feel the same?" I asked.

"Are you really asking that question right now?" Magnus asked.

"Not like that, I mean—if he doesn't love me. I'm not going to say it if he's not ready and the only way I would know is if we talked about it and I'm not that great at talking about love." I admitted as I paced again.

"Stop pacing, you're making me sick," Magnus pinched the bridge of his nose. I sat down on his sofa bouncing my knee up and down. 

"Lena, I can tell you just from his actions that he is in love with you or extremely obsessed with you, which both could be the case."

"That was so heartwarming Mag," I laughed.

"Just see how things play out tonight, you'll notice things," Magnus leaned back enjoying the rest of his drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
49.7K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
10K 604 30
This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because it's a sequel, you won't understand most...
2.4K 180 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...