Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

By MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... More

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

5

3.6K 75 14
By MayLarie10

*edited*

I woke up, showered, and put on clothes. I assumed it was early since no one else was awake yet. A few people, but not many others.

When I looked at the time it was around 11 p.m. I had just showered, but I wanted to see what the training room had to offer me. When I got there no one was in. I threw my hair up into a messy bun. A few strands were still damp, but they would try curly now.

"You don't sleep do you?" Alec leaned against the doorframe. His arms crossed and his head tilted.

"Could say the same about you. The others awake?" He shook his head and moved into the room.

"No, Izzy sleeps late. Jace is brooding and your sister and Simon, just—." He rolled his eyes making me laugh.

"Oh, I know."

"How long has he been in love with her?" He reached over my shoulder grabbing a stick. "Grab one." I picked one up and walked after him. He was wearing a tight grey shirt with black sweatpants.

"His entire life," I smiled. "Are you going to hit me with this?"

"Not if you block it," He lifted a brow and moved forward to strike, but I blocked it. He tilted his head a little.

"Fine." I smiled and went after him. I was doing better than I expected. Apparently better than he expected too.

"Are you sure no one taught you?" Both of us were breathing heavily. I moved the staff from one hand to the other. 

"Well who knows, maybe I learned when I was a year old," I teased. 

He smirked and went after my legs making me fall. I turned and swept my leg out catching his feet as he fell onto his back. I stood above him my stick pointed at his face. His chest heaved up and down as he looked up at me. He knocked my stick away from his face. I tossed it to the side offering to help him up. He yanked me down instead.

"You were going easy," I fought the smile on my face. 

My legs were straddling him and my hands were on either side of his head. A few strands of my hair had escaped my bun.

"You said you didn't know how good you were," His face was blank. 

I pursed my lips and leaned closer to him. I could hear the hitch in his breathing as my hips turned against him. My body rested against his for a moment.

"Yeah, but I doubt you're this bad," I said. 

My nose almost grazed his. I was waiting for him to shove me off. To give me some kind of signal to move, but there wasn't any. I was reading him and there wasn't any indication for me to move. 

"Maybe you're just that good," His eyes moved from my eyes to my lips. 

His body tensed for a moment as he moved his head closer to mine our lips brushing for a moment as my body tingled. His hands moved to my thighs as my hand went to the back of his neck so that our lips gently pressed together for a moment each of us hesitated to continue, but refused to lean back. 

I was the one to kiss him first feeling his hands tighten on my legs. The kisses started slow, but I could tell they were becoming more lustful. The restraint we both had evaporated with each touch.

"Ah, Lena it's like two in the morning!" Simon yelled. Alec's body relaxed on the mat both of us breathing heavily as I glared at Simon. "Your sister needs you." 

I licked my lips my hands rested on Alec's abs as he took slow deep breaths. His hands didn't move from my thighs, his fingers moved behind my knees pulling me further onto him.

"Why couldn't she come get me?" I asked breathlessly.

"Please just come," He waved.

"Alright, little errand boy," My eyes moved to Alec's as he stared up at me. He was trying so hard to smile.

"Lena," Simon urgered. I groaned and pushed myself up moving off Alec and taking a deep breath. "She had a nightmare."

"What?!" I ran for the door. "Simon, fucking start with that!" 

I took off running down the hall. Her room was right across from mine. I yanked her door open. My eyes searched for her in the corner crying, but she was on her bed. There were no tears, she wasn't holding herself. She was just thinking. 

"I'm going to kill him."

"No, no, no I did," Clary nodded. She held up the necklace Mom gave her for her birthday. "I saw Valentine through this."

"What did he say?" I asked. "Or do?" She 

"It was like memories. He was talking to Mom, but she was suspended in the air or something. He has her, but she's alive." Clary grabbed my hands. "We need to find Dot. She's the only warlock that Mom knew. That would've been able to help her."

"How are we going to find Dot?" She smiled.

"I saw a sign. I know where she is, but we need to hurry."

"We have to tell the others," I said. 

She let out a groan. Someone knocked on the door. Jace came in and Clary smiled. It made me uncomfortable to see how happy she was to see him. She told him what happened with the necklace and in her dream. 

He then told Izzy and Alec. Simon had left right after coming to fetch me. He didn't say why, he just walked right out. Alec grabbed the necklace from Clary.

"Hey!" Clary followed after him. "What are you doing?" I watched the two of them walk off Jace following after them.

"Are you going?" Izzy asked. I looked over at her and then pointed to myself. She laughed. "I'm so glad I have you here now." 

"That means a lot." I smiled.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded. "Aw." She put her arm around my shoulders. "I wish you would have come with us the first time we met. I love having girls around finally."

"I doubt you wanted me to go with you. I wasn't exactly nice," I laughed. She shook her head.

"Yeah, but you were attacked by a demon then your sister was acting like you were crazy," She said. I laughed a little. "It happens."

"Do you think he'll go with the plan?" We followed the three of them as they followed each other around arguing about the necklace.

"Maybe," She smiled. "Fifty bucks."

"Alright." I nodded.

"You two look comfortable," Jace mocked as he glared at us.

"Always," Alec glanced at me and then moved toward the screens.

"Lena, Mom gave me that necklace," Clary looked at me for help.

"What's the argument?" I said. 

Alec turned barely meeting my eyes. He must be embarrassed of our kiss, of me. It shouldn't surprise me or even hurt the way it does. Maybe I was jumping to conclusions. It was a kiss. That's all.

"If she can see Valentine, then who says that Valentine can't see where she is? Who she is with? Anything?" My eyes moved to Clary.

"We've become Switzerland," I leaned into Izzy. She smirked and put her arm around my shoulders.

"Are we going or not?" Izzy changed the subject.

"It's the middle of the night," Jace said. I couldn't tell if that meant good or bad.

"Let's go before Hodge wakes up," Alec muttered as he uncrossed his arms. Izzy and I moved for the doors.

"You're ready too?" I asked. She nodded motioning to her bracelet.

"We're the best." We walked outside waiting for the others. "Is there something going on between you and Alec?" I didn't turn around.

"What makes you say that?" She laughed.

"Jace keeps looking from Alec to you and back with a smile. And the fact that you're not facing me." I turned around with pursed lips. The door opened and she pointed her finger at me

"What's happening?" Jace asked. Izzy looked at me and walked away.

"Gossip," I lied. Clary tilted her head at me.

"Lena," She shook her head. My eyes moved to Alec's.

"Come on!" Izzy called. I moved to catch up with her. "I'm so talking to him about it."

"You do that and I will steal all your makeup," She gasped and looked at me. A smile on her face.

"Whore!" She shoved me. I giggled and moved back to her.

"Only for you," I said. 

She winked at me as we moved down the street. It was a psychic shop with a big eye in the window. I saw it across the street, but there was a horrible feeling in my gut. We were too late.

"Clary Dot's gone."

"What?" She asked grabbing my arm. "How do you know that?" I didn't answer her as we walked through the front door carefully looking around. The shop was trashed like a house. No sign of Dot's body. "No!" Clary looked around. "She has to be here." I clenched my jaw looking away from her as I moved through the shop.

"Let's go back," Jace reasoned. "There's nothing for us here." 

We got back to the institution realizing that there wasn't anywhere for us to go. There wasn't a lead. Each one left to go to their rooms. I shut my door for only a few minutes, but there was a knock. I opened it to see Clary.

"We've gotta talk." I sighed, but let her in. 

Alec was just entering his room across the hall. He gave me an unsure look as I shut the door behind Clary.

"Alright," I moved to the opposite corner of the room crossing my arms. "Talk."

"What are we going to do about Mom? About our memories?" She sat in one of the chairs hugging her legs. I rubbed my forehead.

"We can't figure that out tonight," I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Lena, it's Mom. I just want her back," Clary sighed. "I don't know what else do to. If we can't find her, what am I supposed to do?" I mean there was one way we could find her, but I wasn't going to suggest that plan yet. It was kind of extreme.

"We will find her, stop worrying. You'll never be able to sleep."

"I can't cause then there's you," She gestured to me. I furrowed my brows.

"If you start talking about drugs I'm going to throw you out of my room," I said plainly. She shook her head.

"No about your eyes," She gestured. "They turned black when you were fighting the vampires. Eyes don't do that. Normal people's eyes shouldn't do that, not even shadow hunters. They only do that for one thing."

"You don't have to say it out loud," I warned. She let out a long breath.

"What if we go to the library and look around for anything that could explain that? We could speak with Hodge?" I stared at her for a while. "I'm just trying to help you learn what's happening. I'm finally starting to understand you, I'm not letting you go anytime soon." 

I had to give it to her. At least she was fighting for me to stay in her life now. It felt too late, but maybe it wasn't. Maybe we could work through this. I nodded as we both moved for the doors.

"I mean I can make a really good guess on what it is."

"Me too, but I just want to be sure before I start saying it," Clary said. 

I nodded my head. We moved through the institute quietly until we saw the massive wood doors. We walked into the top of the stairs looking down at all the shelves. Hodge was awake and in fact, sitting in front of books.

"Oh, hello," He smiled. "I didn't know you would be up this late."

"Yeah, we are just looking for some information," Clary's eyes moved to me. I took a deep breath.

"Hodge, are there any books in here about Valentine's experimentation?" He furrowed his brows but thought for a moment.

"I don't believe there is any record of his, but I could try and find legends or theories maybe. Why the sudden interest?"

"I just need information," He nodded and moved around the library giving us books to bring to the table. I told Clary to grab some books on potions and enchantments as well for our mother. Hodge brought a book over on the mortal cup.

"Oh you're going to need a Warlock for those," He gestured to the book Clary was looking through.

"Yeah, where can I find one of those?"

"Magnus Bane is the best one I know of. The High Warlock of Brooklyn. He's been alive for a while," He chuckled a little. 

I smiled and looked over the books trying to find anything that would explain my surges. It could be residual demon blood from the incident when I was younger or it could be from Valentine. He liked to experiment on himself. What if he experimented on me? On Clary?

We were searching for hours. Hodge had made us tea and coffee several times now. I stood up on the wooden chair holding up my hand. It looked like I was going to give a declaration.

"What did you find?" Clary looked up at me. "Also what are you doing?" She pointed at me. I smiled as I opened my mouth, but laughed. The lack of sleep was getting to us. 

"I'm," I giggled. "Ah! I'm making a declaration."

"For what?" Clary asked. I looked over the edge of the book.

"I forgot hold on," I skimmed over the page again as Clary laughed at me. "Ahh—Stop laughing!"

"Stop yelling," She covered her mouth with both her hands.

"Lena," Hodge stood at the top of the stairs. He had an odd smile on his face as he stared at me.

"Hodge!" I cheered. I quickly glance over the book again.

"Anything?" Clary asked. I looked over the edge of the book with my finger in the air.

"So far I've found out that I'm just completely fucking screwed."

"Language!" Hodge yelled.

"Sorry," I covered my face with the book. Clary laughed at me and I flipped her off. Hodge turned around and I dropped my hand.

"I know what that was," Hodge chuckled to himself as he set more coffee on the table. Clary flipped me off as well.

"She did it!" I yelled. Hodge spun around and looked at me.

"Lena get off the chair before you hurt yourself," Hodge shook his head. I held up my finger looking at the page once more.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait," I threw my hand out. Clary laughed to herself making me laugh. "I'm so sorry." I laughed again. "Okay! Stop, relax."

"Who's yelling?" Jace asked.

"Shhhh!" Clary shushed him. I looked over trying to contain my laughter as he pointed to me on the chair. He looked so confused.

"I'm speaking," I put my hand up as he laughed. "So essentially any shadow hunter who is touched or who has ingested demon blood will essentially die. Especially without proper treatment." I summarized.

"So essentially that means?" Clary asked.

"That I am so fucking screwed," I closed the book.

"Lena! Language!" Clary started laughing and I glared at her until I started laughing again. The caffeine has gotten to our brains.

"Why are you standing on a chair?" Alec was leaning on the railing at the top of the stairs staring at me. I covered my face with the side of the book giving Clary a look.

"I was wondering the same thing, but they made me shut up," Jace sighed. I smirked at him and held the book to my chest. "What are you researching anyways?" He looked at the books.

"Lena, get down before you hurt yourself," Hodge handed me another cup of coffee.

"How much coffee have you had?" Alec came from behind taking the cup from my hands. I groaned and followed after him as he kept it from me.

"Wait, I need it," I giggled. He gave me a soft smile holding it away from me.

"Why are you researching demon blood?" Jace asked. I spun around quickly glancing at Clary who yanked the book from him. I stood on the chair once more.

"More importantly Hodge tell them what you told us earlier. Later ago, today, yesterday—?" I shook my hands in the air. "Tell them please."

"Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of  Brooklyn, if anyone might know how to get their memories back and break that sleeping curse it would be him," Hodge added.

"Isn't he like extremely pretentious?" Jace asked.

"He does not shy away from gluttony," Hodge smirked. "You will have to bribe him with something."

"I want to get back to the demon blood thing?" Alec looked at the books on the table.

"I was trying to figure out how I survived the demon attack when I was younger," I gripped his shoulder as I got off the chair sinking below his height. I reached for one of the books my hand shaking like crazy. I grabbed it pulling it back to my chest.

"You've had way too much caffeine," Izzy smiled. I laughed a little. Clary laughed which made me wheeze. I covered my mouth and looked at Hodge.

"I'm so sorry," I gasped.

"It's fine," He smiled. "I like helping."

"You are so going to crash," Izzy whispered. 

I nodded chewing at my thumb. I looked at Clary who gave me a look. She started to move from the chair so I sprinted for the stairs.

"Lena!" Alec yelled.

"Where are you going?"

"Training room!" Clary and I laughed as we ran through the halls. The two of us were too worked up to sleep or sit for a few hours.

We got to the training room and started trying to work off the energy. I decided to try and teach her a little bit of what I'd learned. She didn't like it, but I thought it was fun. I got to throw her down again and again.

"This is therapeutic," I smiled. She groaned and pushed herself back up. "We should do this more often." 

Clary came at me and I easily deflected her attack catching the back of her knee and making her fall as my stick went to her neck.

"Ah!" Clary shoved me away as I smiled.

"The angrier you get with me the sloppier you are. You can't fight with your anger," I pointed at her. She was breathing heavily. Her eyes went from rage to sadness.

"I'm worried about you," She muttered.

"Why?"

"Everything that we read last night, didn't give me high hopes." She walked past me putting away the sticks.

"I'm not dying," I followed after her.

"I never said that I just," She turned around staring at me. "I know you don't like me right now, but you are my family and I can't lose you."

"Again, who says I'm going to die," I put the sticks away. Both of us had to take a moment to catch our breaths.

"I know, but I'm still worried," She muttered. 

I heard her walk out of the room as I let out a long breath leaning against one of the tables as I closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"You need to eat and go to bed," Alec said. I turned smirking as he approached me. "We have a big night tonight." I was going to make a joke, but I didn't. "Why were you looking at the books on demon blood?" He stood close to me, closer than any other time we've talked. My face heated as I looked around the room.

"I wanted to know how I survived," My eyes accidentally moved to his lips.

"You can't do that," He breathed.

"Do what?" He bit the inside of his cheek as he looked at me.

"You can't look at me like that." I smiled a little bit looking at the floor. "You would say if something was wrong right?" I nodded.

"Yeah, of course." I was still trying to catch my breath. My eyes moved to his lips again as I walked around him. "I will take your advice." I moved for the doors.

"Lena," I barely had time to turn as he backed me to the wall. "What did I say?" I swallowed my spit seeing him look at my lips.

"It's an instinct," I smirked. He shook his head giving me a wide smile as he looked around the room. 

"If you want me to stop, you have to stop." He rested his hand on my jaw and neck so he could tilt my head. Like before we slowly leaned into one another giving in. His lips touched mine as I slid my hand around his neck tugging on his hair lightly. 

I could feel him groan into the kiss as I arched my back his hand pressed into my lower back keeping us together. When we broke apart this time he rested his forehead against mine as I smiled.

"I can't stop myself anymore," He whispered. I bit my lip as I looked from his lips to his eyes and back. His hands held my face. My hands went to his wrists.

"Good," I teased. His eyes searched mine for a moment. He leaned forward kissing me softly before letting go of me. He went out the door his fingers gripping mine as I moved with him. "Where are we going?"

"Getting you food and then you're gonna sleep," He smirked even though he wasn't looking at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...
138K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...
28.7K 433 20
𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍, the second oldest of the blackthorns one of the most wealthiest shadowhunter family. Her whole life is all p...
2.4K 180 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...