Darcy // h.s

By _HakunaMatata_

*y'all DON'T READ THIS. i wrote this at thirteen. you've been warned.* "Harry, it's been rumored that if yo... More

Darcy [Harry Styles]
1: Billboard.
2: Management
3: We All Scream 4 Icecream
4: Reunion
5: Friendzoned
6: Tiff
7: La Cabana
8: Safe
9: Twitter
10: One Last Memory
11: Saying Goodbye
12: Nathan
13: The Trial
14: Harry
15: Misunderstanding
16: Airplane and Vanessa
17: Red Carpet
18: Kisses and Shockers
19: Hospital
20: Promises & Teddy Bears
21: Date and Disguises
22: Niall & Secrets
23: Irresistible
24: Alarmed
25: Wumbo & Secrets
26: The Letter & Swing Dancing
27: Just the Beginning
28: Trust & Paparazzi
29: Taken
30: Facing Reality
31: Fight For Me
32: Tracking
33: Scared Straight
35: "I'm a Monster, Ni."
36: Finally
37: Funeral
Epilogue

34: Rescue

174K 4.7K 2.5K
By _HakunaMatata_

 Please p.m me if you'd be interested in making a trailer for Darcy c:

thank you for all of your support<3 The person who was plaigarising my story deleted and the story was taken off of Quotev. Thank you for everything!

  Harry's P.O.V

  I felt like I was in that sappy twilight movie that Louis made me watch, New Moon. I was Bella Swan in the majestic city with the red cloaked people, racing against the clock to save the one I loved. Trying to get my mind off things, I focused on how ridiculously girly that thought made me sound.

  But knowing that Darcy was in one of the rooms I was about to search, and not knowing if she'd be dead or alive by the time I got to her, made my stomach churn. I had begged Paul to let me come, and when he agreed Louis also begged to tag along, so now all three of us where looking for the hotel that Darcy had been staying in a few months back, when I used to believe that all she'd ever be was a memory.

  "What if we're too late?" I whispered to Louis as Paul was driving us to the hotel in a rental car. I didn't worry about what anyone would think of me, I let the tears fall down hard. Louis always hated seeing me cry, but at this point I didn't care. I was so worried.

  "Harry, she'll be fine. They won't kill her without getting at least some ransom money first, and they don't know we're coming. Just remember to stick to the plan." Louis said, rubbing circles into my back. It felt nice and comforting, but just feeling comforted when Darcy was in so much danger made me feel selfish.

  Without warning, I let out a loud and embarrassing sob, something that the normal Harry Styles would go beet red over. Louis wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shirt. The anticipation was absolutely killing me, and knowing at any second that Darcy's life could be taken from her made another round of sobs come.

  "We'll be there in five minutes, boys. Harry, you'll come with me and Louis, you'll go in the air vents. If anyone finds out and we cause to much commotion then they might find out and..." Paul sighed, realizing that he'd just opened up a new tragic possibility to me. "But we won't let that happen."

  Nice save, Paul.

  My body shook with fright as I took a peek out the window and saw the familiar streets of Cheshire. We'd be there any minute now, which meant we were closer to saving her or to finding her body. Picturing her lying there on the cold, hard ground, all of the blood drained from her body and her heart frozen in place made me want to puke.

  "I can't do this." I whispered, suddenly finding it hard to breath. "She's dead, she's dead. I've felt this before and she's dead and we can't save her!" I screamed, grabbing a handful of my curls in frustration. I''m not sure exactly what came over me, but all I knew was that the small backseat of the rental car had just become ten times smaller.

  "Louis, calm Harry down. We're nearly there." Paul said, and I could see his concerned expression in the rear view mirror. I wasn't sure what was going on with me, but I felt so defeated and afraid. Trying to keep it together, I took a big breath and closed my eyes. I'd seen my mum do this a lot when me and Gemma would fight. She used to call it her 'single mother meditating'.

  Suddenly, the car came to a halt and we all jerked forward at once. Louis managed to catch himself before his head hit the leather seat, but I wasn't so lucky. If it weren't for my endless mob of curls I would have gotten a headache from slamming into the seat.

  "This is it." Paul said. "Let's go."

  With his command, Louis unbuckled him and I as I tried to dry my eyes. Paul had already gathered himself and hid his gun in his shirt, opening the car door and exposing me to the frigid wintry air. Louis gave me a sympathetic smile and squeezed my hand. Normally I'd give him a look for that, we weren't allowed to do anything that might have people wondering, but I smiled back as I pushed the lump back down my throat.

  This was happening, and it was happening now.

  I quickly cam to my senses and hopped out of the car, pushing my feelings behind me and focusing on what I had to do. The hot tears that I'd just cried dissolved from the gust of wind that came when I stepped out. Louis gave my hand one last squeeze, and then it was back to the normal 'standing two feet away' rule that management set up for us.

  Paul pushed the front doors open with one forceful push. We walked into the building casually, and luckily there was nobody at the front desk. Louis gave us a nod and headed off in another direction,, screwdriver in his pocket and ready to go in the air vents. From there, he'd find the room they were in and text us when we should go in.

  Right as Louis disappeared in the nearest hallway, the woman at the front desk appeared. Our whole plan was molding perfectly, and it gave me a little bit of hope that things were going to work out. I just hoped that things would work out right in time, because Darcy didn't have much time left. A sudden pain stabbed me and the chest just thinking about someone hurting her, but I put a smile on my face as we approached the woman at the front desk.

"Can I get a room, please?" Paul asked. The woman behind the desk appeared to be around forty, and luckily she didn't recognize me or Paul. Her blonde hair appeared to be fairly greasy and her fingernails were caked with dirt, so I kept my distance as Paul retrieved our key.

  "Room 12B, second floor. Let's go." Paul commanded, taking big strides as we went down the hallway where Lou had previously gone. I wondered where he was right now, was he in the air ducts already? I checked my phone, but there was no message. Maybe he hadn't seen anything yet.

  After climbing a flight of stairs, we approached room 12B. Paul unlocked the door and shut it behind us as quickly as it opened. All that could go through my head was Darcy, mental images from when we were little, the time we went to KFC and I remembered how frail she was. The time when we thought we got busted by the cops, when I realized that I loved her as I lied in my tour bunk. We had so much memories from such a short period of time, and it scared me to think that we wouldn't make any more.

  I couldn't help myself. I crumpled down on the bed and cried my eyes out. Never in my life have I suffered through so much hurt and pain, and I just wanted to hold her tight. I honestly didn't care that Paul was probably staring at me right now with a blank expression on his face. I felt like a part of me had been taken, like my life was empty and meaningless, because I wasn't sure if she was alright.

  "Harry, it's alright bud. We're going to get her." Paul said, rubbing my back. I nodded and sniffed rather loudly, snatching a tissue from a box beside the bed and rising to my feet. I couldn't get myself to believe that this was actually happening. If she was dead, what would I do with my life? How would I be able to carry on without her?

  Not a single beat later, Paul's phone buzzed and then mine did. It was like on that creepy girl show that I'd sometimes seen Darcy watch, Pretty Little Liars. Except instead of some dead girl coming after us it was just my cheeky best friend Louis texting.

  I dug through my pocket and scooped up my iPhone, my heart drumming as fast as a hummingbird's wings in my chest. At any moment I could puke.

  From: Louis

  i found her room 23A Come quick i think theyre about to kill her

  "Paul, we've got to get to room 23A. Hurry!" I hollered with panic obvious in my voice. Paul dropped his phone on the ground and stormed out of the room, and I followed right behind him. I couldn't help but grin like the Joker, my Darcy was still alive and she was only a few rooms away from me. Soon we'd be together and I wouldn't let anything bring us apart. Tears of joy and of panic stung my eyes as I followed Paul up another flight of stairs, moving as fast as my legs allowed.

  Paul stopped in the middle of the hallway, and a millisecond later he was back on his feet, bounding down the hall and pulling out his gun. I felt like I was in some kind of action movie and we were some sort of secret spies.

  But no, this was very, very real.

  Paul pointed to one of the wooden doors, and I nodded. Paul cocked his gun and had his finger on the trigger as he crept to the door. I wasn't sure how he was planning on getting inside. We hadn't gotten a key mold or anything, and it wasn't like they were just going to let us in.

  But a second later, Paul pulled out a bobby pin and began to quietly pick at the lock on the door. My pulse quickened and my throat was too dry and I was unable to swallow. I felt like I could burst into tears when the door clicked and Paul swung it open, shouting threats at the people inside the room.

  Nathan and Vanessa.

  I followed behind, pulling the pepper spray that Paul had given me earlier and giving it a good shake. I definitely wasn't ready for the scene that was going to be inside.

  When we entered the room, Nathan was smirking at us. He had a choke hold on Darcy so she was unable to move, but her eyes were wide with fear. I wanted to run to her. 

  The door slammed behind us, and I saw Vanessa blocked the exit. Paul pointed his gun at her, but she wasn't focused in on him. She was smiling wickedly with her gun aimed right toward the girl I loved.

  "Come to watch? We're just getting started." Nathan smirked. "Anything you'd like to say to Darcy before we kill her, Harry?" A whimper escaped Darcy's lips and Nathan punched her in the gut. I felt like I was going to pass out, although I'd never experienced that before.

  "If you even try to shoot her, I'll shoot first." Paul warned, the serious in his voice a bit intimidating, even for me. Of course, Paul was always serious with the boys and I, but his voice sounded cold and mean, this was definitely a side of Paul that I'd never seen before. Everything was so messed up and backwards.

  Vanessa gave Nathan a worried look, but it was evident that he really didn't care. Darcy's face was already paling, and I let out a cry of disbelief. What kind of sick, twisted people were they? I lunged for Nathan, but Paul pulled me back instantly and shook his head.

  "Let her go or I'll shoot both of you." Paul warned again. I could tell that he was trying to mask his fear of hurting someone. His own job was to protect people, for crying out loud. And now he was being forced to shoot and potentially kill two young adults with lives, although sick and twisted, they still had lives ahead of them. But they were going to kill Darcy at the drop of a hat, if it was me they'd be dead already.

  Vanessa let out a grunt and in one swift movement she had the gun pointed at Paul. His eyes were big and his hands were trembling furiously. He was still holding me back from getting Darcy, but I wanted to run to her so bad. I was even starting to shake now as I looked over to Darcy, who was staring at me and crying. I looked to Nathan and saw that he held a gun in his hand, too. There was absolutely no way out of this, was there?

  Without giving my plan much thought, the only thing in my mind was my love for Darcy, I broke free of Paul's grip and ran to her. There was a loud bang, and before I could even reach Darcy, Nathan fell to the ground. I ran to her, grabbed her face in my hands, and kissed her deeply. She was crying in my arms, and I had completely forgotten about Paul and Vanessa behind us.

  I turned around to see some light grey smoke coming from Paul's gun, and Vanessa looking as furious at ever.

  "Shoot, dammit!" I screamed. "Shoot the gun, Paul!"

  But Paul was frozen. There was a look of terror on his face, like he just realized that he had just shot someone dead. Vanessa was cocking her gun and fidgeting with reaching the trigger. Paul didn't break out of his stance, and before I could get to him there was a loud blow.

  With Darcy shielding her eyes and burying her face in my chest, I realized what had just happened. Paul lay in a pool of his own blood on the ground. I screamed out, diving for his gun, and didn't hesitate as I shot Vanessa. 

  She fell to the ground in one slow motion movement, and I blinked back the tears as I ripped Paul's shirt open to reveal the wound in his chest. There was a giant gash, and blood pooled out of his body like a hose.

  I pressed my ear against his chest and felt a pang of guilt as the truth struck me like a rock.

  "He's not breathing."

  A/N: I hate this chapter so much, to be honest. Although it's very... eventful, right? This made me so sad, oh my gosh.

  Songs that I listened to while writing:

  Daylight and Lucky Strike by Maroon 5

  When I was Your Man by Bruno Mars

  Justin Bieber's Believe soundtrack (even though I'm not exactly a fan)

  Please remember to vote, fan, and COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. I WILL BE DEDICATING A CHAPTER TO A COMMENTER, PREFERABLY SOMEONE WHO WRITES A LONG AND MEANINGFUL COMMENT. SO, YEAH.

  ~Delilah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
769K 26.2K 45
My heart was beating and adrenaline was running through my body at a thousand miles per second. My hand wrapped around the door knob, but then I was...
30.5K 175 28
{COMPLETED} It was just an ordinary saturday. I was with four of my bestfriends, sitting in a chair with my head hanging off one end and my feet hang...
1.3M 38.4K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...