Breakdowns and Tea Time {Scar...

By ZariaPsychi27

[Reuploaded] All characters belong to hoyoverse (except y/n some obvious oc's). Summary: Scaramouche is the s... More

Chapter 1: Left Alone.
Chapter 2: Uninformed, not inattentive.
Chapter 3: 'Time stops when the clock burns'
Chapter 5: Conflicts often take awhile to resolve.

Chapter 4: Explanations can wait,

72 2 0
By ZariaPsychi27

Summary:

While the puppet has been helped, by no means will he change so easily, this must be learned.

The rain has departed, and though storm clouds loom, peaceful yet gloomy skies remain for a short time.
Explanations are not needed for some, but for others, it is necessary to avoid answers strategically.

Ei prepares for discussion with the Kamisatos.

Notes:

Hi Darlings~
Chapter four is being written wooo!{Sorry about the delay}Even though we have passed the stories summary, more is to come for our lovely maid and lonely Prince, so fear not, many more chapters are on their waY!
Hope you enjoy-Z

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Story in process,

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎...⋙ 100.0% ..........Complete

Don't worry, you don't have to explain, time will move on, but I will wait.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The rain has stopped, and though storm clouds still loom, the tale continues nonetheless.

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊
┊ ┊⋆ ┊ .
┊ ┊ ⋆˚
✧. ┊
⋆ ★

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───  【❖】   ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* ☆゚.───

Glossy-eyed Scaramouche stared back at her, trying to say thank you without somehow damaging his pride, but no words were uttered. That was alright, she didn't need words, and Y/n knew they didn't come when they needed to.

"Hey, It's ok, you don't have to say anything." She said noticing him tear up quietly as she removed her hands from the blanket. "I don't know what made you hurt, and if you wanna tell me you can, but I can wait, or you can just not tell me, that's ok too. Ok?"

He nodded without words. He wasn't quite sure what had just happened, all he knew was one minute he was sobbing in a corner, and the next, a random maid stumbled into his unlocked room,*I'll have to remember to lock it next time* and 'helped' him. *Whatever that meant. Please, who could help me, I'm just a useless puppet, with disgusting human emotions that I must rid myself of. She was just distracting me, that's why I'm not crying anymore, or feeling hopeless, or...Shit! She's going to tell someone!*

[As we can see, the puppet has returned to his original thinking.]

His head snapped up suddenly, startling her and making her flinch.

"You tell a soul, and I will find you and make sure your mouth will be forever incapable of speaking again," Scaramouche said threateningly.

Y/n backed up slightly with her hands up, "Woah, hey. First off, good to see you're back to your old self, I think," She said quickly while mumbling that last bit. Not that he missed it, sending a glare her way.

"And secondly, you didn't hurt me, so I'm not going to tell anyone." "Geez, he has more trust issues than I do and that's saying something."

"Good to know we've reached an understanding,"

"Uh huh, now um," She hesitated.

"If you have something to say spit it out instead of mumbling like an idiot."

"This motherfu-" "Right sorry, uh I'm glad I could help, but I am still on a shift, I'm a maid if you couldn't tell by the uniform," Y/n said scratching her neck sheepishly. "So if you need me, I'm always willing to help, but I gotta get back to work sadly. I actually came here with the tea you ordered, and then some laundry you requested to be done a certain way, and all the washers were busy so I got the task. Oh yeah, I left the laundry in the other room, would you like me to put it up or leave it here?"

"I didn't order any tea." He stated simply.

"I-wait really? But Setsuko sai-,*sigh*" She looked down dejectedly. *I knew it, again Y/n, you got tricked you again* "That was my mistake, I suppose, forgive me, Prince Scaramouche." Y/n said while getting up off the ground and brushing off her knees.

"You're forgiven," He said with a slight smirk on his face.

She looked up in surprise, fully expecting him to either ignore her statement or insult her.

He got up(blanket still around his body), and continued, "And you can put the clothes in my closet, I assume you're smart enough to find it?"

"Uh yes Your Highness! Right away."

Y/n started for the door but stopped at the entrance, turning back to say, "Prince Scaramouche?"

"Yes?"

"You might wanna go wash your face, your makeup is kinda smeared. Oh, and thank you for letting me help, most people don't." Not giving him a chance to respond, she disappeared into the front room. Had she stayed in the room for a second later, she would've seen a bright pink blush spread across the Prince's face.

It was definitely because the blanket that was around his shoulders was making him hot. [Not because once again he realized what just happened or that someone was caring for him so casually.] What a ridiculous idea.

*"Thank you" why would you say thank you to me?*

He stomped over to the bathroom, turned on the faucet, and splashed cold water on his face. Grabbing a towel, and drying off his face, he looked in the mirror. A softer version of himself stared back at Scaramouche, one with a purple veil on his head and a doll in his hand, smiling in innocence. His eyes went wide and he nearly hit the mirror but instead quickly turned to the door and walked out.

Running a hand through his hair, violet eyes traveled the room. *God I need to clean this place* He thought. Remembering the maid was probably still in his room, he went to the closet, {This closet's entrance being on the far right side of the inner bedroom.} throwing the blanket back on the bed as he passed it.

As he was about to walk into the closet, he heard a faint voice mumbling something. *What the fuck is she doing?* Standing at the entrance he watched as the maid put up his clothes. She would go to the basket, pick up a piece of clothing, and look at it intently, before skimming the room for where she thought it went while speaking to herself. "Ok so this is probably supposed to be hung up," a few seconds later, "Is this a shirt I fold or put on a hanger?" Not noticing his presence, she jumped when he suddenly spoke.

"I fold that one," He said while crossing his arms.

"Eep!" Realizing he had entered the closet, Y/n raised her hand as she laughed wearily. "Oh Prince Scaramouche! Sorry, you scared me for a moment,"

"Mm"

Worried she had upset him, she simply continued with the work, as they settled into a comfortable silence. "What is your name?" Scaramouche asked suddenly.

"You didn't even tell him your name? real smart y/n. Would you please shut up?"

"Oh right, I never told you," She said as she hung up the last few pieces from the basket, her tone changing to a much more formal one, ensuring she was doing the task properly.

"It's Y/n. I'd ask yours, but half the nation knows it." A small smile graced her features when she said the last part.

"As they should, I am a prince."

"True," She neatly folded the last shirt and put it in a small cubby hole with some others.

"Welp, I better get going, Setsuko's probably wondering where I am,-" Y/n said as she grabbed the basket and started making her way through the rooms to leave.

"Setsuko?" Prince Scaramouche cut her off. "Is that the bitch that got a key to my room? I have no clue how she got one, but she learned her lesson. Idiot" He remarked while catching up to her.

Y/n visibly cringed at "bitch", but tried not to show it too much to avoid getting a "lesson" herself. He noticed it, however.

"What?"

"Your Highness?"

"That look, why did you make that face?" He said with an increasingly annoyed expression.

"Maybe because you just called someone a bitch, like come on. Well she is a bi- not NOW! Please just be quiet!"

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about." She sheepishly responded, almost at the still-open door when he spoke again.

"I beg your pardon? Oh, how dare you deny something you did in front of your Pri-"

Someone cut him off this time as they entered just outside the room.

"Y/n?"

*shit*

She heard a *click* and looking around Y/n realized Prince Scaramouche had seemingly disappeared. *sigh, of course,*

"Setsukoooo, hi. What's up?" She was regretting this already. Making direct eye contact with Setsuko, she smiled as best as she could while trying not to look suspicious.

"Just checking on you, you were taking a while so you know, wanted to make sure you were alright," Setsuko said, squinting her eyes questioningly.

*Yeah, sure you were, just go ahead and act like you didn't give me that tea to get me in trouble*

"Yep, I'm perfectly fine, thanks for checking on me," Y/n paused, waiting for something else. Getting nothing else, she spoke, "Is there, anything I can do? Miss Hisako need help?."

"Oh no, I just got off but it's pretty late so I just thought if you were done we could go grab a bite to eat and maybe have a little girl talk you know?" She said giggling.

"When is she going to realize she says 'you know' when she's trying to get info out of someone? Who knows" "Uh I'm good thanks, I'm technically off but I do still have to clock out, plus I need to get home to my dog, she misses me when I have late shifts like this."

"Isn't your neighbor taking care of her?"

"Well yes but-"

"It's settled then, she'll be alright for a couple of hours, and I can wait, come on let's get you clocked out." Setsuko quickly linked her arm with Y/n's, making her flinch and try to pull away.

"Setsu-"

They both jumped as the door behind them flew open and looking at the door saw The Prince glaring at both of them for some reason before he spoke angrily, pointing his finger at Setsuko.

"You, why are you back here? I can hear your incessant chatter through the door. Get back to work." He finished by crossing his arms and finally giving her a 'well?' look after she didn't move for a moment.

"Yes Your Highness, sorry. Come on Y/n lets g-"

"No, I need to have a word with her," He glared harder at Y/n to emphasize this. Setsuko gave her a look that screamed, "ooo, you're in trouble" before unlinking her arm and walking to a different hallway.

"Your Highness?" Y/n questioned, afraid she had upset him enough to get in real trouble.

He didn't respond, instead watching Setsuko with disgust on his face, until she disappeared into a corridor.

Finally, he looked back at Y/n and spoke tiredly, "You left the tea tray."

*Of course I did*

"Right, forgive me," She tried to go back into the room to get it, but then Prince Scaramouche swiftly entered his room, she heard a slight clatter, and then he appeared at the doorway with the tray.

Seeing that he wasn't moving any further to give it to her, she approached the door.

As she grasped the tea tray, their fingers brushed slightly. She hoped that she hadn't flinched at the contact, then she would really be in trouble if he took offense. The Prince did notice this but did not remark on it, assuming she had gained some reasonable fear of him.

"I knew it," He thought.

"Thank you, sorry I forgot it, I forget a lot," Y/n said with a sheepish smile and tone.

He nodded, then just as quickly as he had opened the door, he took two steps back, and shut the door in her face.

"What just happened? He shut the door in your face. Yeah no shi- ugg, copying. Nevermind."

Releasing a breath she didn't realize she was holding, Y/n placed the tray on the basket once more, and just as she has come to the room, made her way back to a station humming a little tune.

Once again, the place changes, and it will change again.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Sighing wearily, she entered the kitchen. There was hardly anyone left in the kitchen, as most of the staff had gone to their rooms, and those there were either night staff or had double shifts. Y/n didn't mind it though, she was too tired to really talk to people or deal with drama right now. Walking up to the open sign-in book by the entrance that was at all of the main stations, she flipped one page over as the current one was full. Signing her name, and the date/time, and grabbing her bags that she had left there earlier, she started the long but peaceful walk to the castle gates.

Y/n always liked these walks, especially at night. When she was really in need of some relaxation, she would walk through one of the many gardens, the center garden being her favorite. It was in the middle of the castle complex and had a large fountain in the center of it. Many a night she would sit on a bench, and gaze at the sky, as it always reminded her of the pure days of childhood, with no problems, just watching the stars and moon with wonder.

"Perfectly imperfect" She often thought.

However, Y/n didn't have time for that tonight, although she still enjoyed the walk. Her dog really was waiting on her by now and would be wanting to play.

As she passed a hallway, Y/n stopped as she thought of something. "Hmm, Miss Hisako is probably still here, the poor woman must be exhausted"

Turning down the corridor, she calmly waved to the guards, "Is Head Maidservant in there?"

"Y/n, hello. Yes, Miss Hisako is still here, what is the reason for your visit?"

"Oh, I just wanted to say goodnight, I'm leaving right now but I wanted to say bye first, is that all right?" *You sound like a kid,*

"Yes of course Miss Y/n," One guard said with a tired smile. She always liked those guards, they were like sisters to her. Being sisters themselves, they often treated her like family.

Opening the door, Y/n entered, to see a very logy Hisako with glasses almost falling off her face, filing some papers. "Miss Hisako?"

"Yes, what it is?" She said harshly, before turning to see y/n. "Oh, Y/n, I'm sorry, I'm so stretched thin right now, I thought you needed me for something"

A pause,

"You don't need me for something do you?"

"No ma'am, I was leaving after my shift and thought I'd stop by and say goodnight. That's all."

"Oh, well goodnight to you as well y/n," Hisako said before looking back at her work. Y/n went to leave before adding something.

"Miss Hisako?"

"Yes Y/n?" She asked not looking up from her papers.

"I know you're really busy this week, but I just wanted to let you know, if I may say, you're doing great, you hold this place together, even when you're exhausted. Thank you, Miss Hisako, and it's ok to take a break. That's all."

Hisako looked up and took off her glasses. She then was silent for a moment, before she responded,

"Thank you, Y/n, that means a lot. And there's nothing better than a job well done, and an estate well kept. So thank you for noticing. You do good work Y/n."

"Thank you ma'am, Goodnight." Y/n had a solemn look on her face, "That was not the message I was trying to send" She knew Hisako needed a rest soon, or she just might crack.

"Goodnight Y/n"

As she exited the office, she quietly sent a prayer that Hisako would rest soon. To who she sent this prayer, she did not know, but someone will hear it.

A house, a home, and letters.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇•·················⸜❤︎⸝·················•⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Tiredly fumbling with a set of keys, and putting the right one in the lock, you opened the door to your small house and saw that your dog was nowhere to be found.

"Raiu?" No response. You set down your bag by the door.

"Raiu!" You yelled becoming concerned.

All of a sudden, a furry blur zoomed from around the corner and nearly knocked You over but stopped abruptly just as it reached where you were standing, and remembered its training. Hassling and waging her tail, she sat impatiently in front of her owner and waited for the command to let her greet the human.

"Good girl Raiu," A pause, "Raiu, greet"

The cream and black dog then proceed to bow, lift its paw for a shake, and upon this being completed, you simply said, "Home." to which the furball jumped on you and greeted the girl the way any hyperactive doggo would. By tackling you into the nearby couch.[ {Best doggo}]

"Hahaha Raiu! I missed you girl," Raiu was practically on top of you, as you squished Raiu's face between your hands.

"Look at you, you're so adorable and friendly. *sigh* You know Raiu?" You said as you got off the couch and made your way to a quaint little kitchen that was on the inside of an outer wall of the house. "I wish more of the people at work were like you,"

Opening a cabinet, you pulled out a box of tea bags. Your favorite herbal tea, as it was almost twelve already.

The tea the bags produced was not as good quality as the loose leaf that they offered at the castle, but it worked and still tasted pretty good. As you started to make the tea and grab the tea kettle, you continued. "I mean, they don't have to be cute, I'm not that shallow." A little laugh left your mouth. "But if they could just be understanding, and willing to listen."

"Well you can't talk, and you did take training, so I guess that's not the best analogy." While waiting on the tea, you opened another cabinet and pulling out a small jar, took the lid off and threw a small boar chewie to Raiu. She caught and laid down on the kitchen floor, nom-nomming away at the treat.

"Oh well, I'm tired right now so I don't suppose I'm making much sense,"

After a few minutes passed you picked up the tea kettle, grabbed your favorite cup on the counter, and poured the tea before sweetening it with honey.

Walking over to a dark wooden desk against one of the living room walls, you placed the cup on a crocheted coaster. Raiu followed you with a half-eaten chewie in her mouth and as you sat down on a creaky chair, she laid under the desk by your feet.

You were very tired but also knew that if you didn't respond to a certain letter today, you most likely forget in the morning. So pulling out a quill and ink, and placing a piece of paper from the left-hand desk drawer, you began to write to a person that was very important in your life.

Dear B/n,

First, forgive me if this letter is short, I am extremely tired right now. It was a long day today at the castle, the Kamisato's will be attending a dinner hosted by the Shogun herself tomorrow, after which they will be staying the night of. Hisako told me the last part, however, I don't think I was supposed to tell anyone else, because when I casually mentioned it to the maids, they said they had no knowledge of it. If Hisako had just told me, I wouldn't have told anyone. She does remind me somewhat of Mother, although I can't say that for certain due to not having long interactions with her.

Setsuko tricked me again today, telling me one of the royals ordered some tea, and they did not. Luckily I was spared from punishment. I don't think Hisako knew of this, as she would not have allowed it.

There was something that happened today that was out of the ordinary, although to keep their identity private, I will not name them. You may be able to discern who it though, I know you read my letters thoroughly. I'm far too tired to go into detail, but I came upon someone having a breakdown, and their personality is not the kind to accept help easily. Unfortunately, I did have to threaten them by saying I would tell someone. It wasn't a good thing, but it was the only to get them to let me approach. In the end, I believe I helped, they got back to their sassy/arrogant self. And I made them laugh with a sound I made involuntarily. While it was embarrassing, I'd never seen this person laugh before, one because I don't have many encounters with them, but also because I don't think they laugh often, or ever in truth. I will admit they became even more beautiful when laughing, something I notice with certain people.

I will go into more detail later, but as I said, I am very tired so I will have to end this letter early. I've had my tea today, done most of my routine, and tried my best to eat well.

I hope you have done the same, and that you're doing well.

How is Mondstadt? I still have the wonderful puppy you brought a year or so ago from there, and I love Raiu dearly. She truly is like a storm. How is the studying of art there going? Any new pieces?

I would ask more but it is nearly one am. so go to bed I shall.

Goodnight B/n, and I hope you receive this well.

-Sincerely, your Sister, Y/n.

And with that, you put up your quill and ink, put the letter in an envelope, and start your routine for bed.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Our dear Y/n is very tired,

and so is our Prince,

they will both sleep better tonight as soft rain patters.

Notes:

1: B/n=brothers name.
2: So I finally changed the pronouns/pov from she/her to you/your. I did this once Y/n entered her home to show she feels like herself, and not a character, and also because I want to see how it looked. I would like to know your thoughts on this, and I may change it back later.
3:I didn't really like how this chapter ended, which might be due to the pronoun change, but I'm not sure yet, so if major parts of the end change later, It's cause I didn't like it. But let me know what you think.
4:Raiu means thunderstorm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.1K 20
She was his beautiful puppet, a living breathing doll that followed his commands. Well atleast that's what she assumed he thought she was when he emp...
55.4K 1.8K 27
Scaramouche x Female Reader · · ─── ·𖥸· ─── · · Long ago, before the archon war, there was a girl, a pitiful girl. Her name was [L/N] [Y/N]. Cursed...
117K 4.2K 21
♡⇢ "𝘠/𝘯... 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. [...] 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘎𝘰𝘥... 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸�...
700K 30.6K 45
❝ WILL YOU TAKE ME AS YOUR BRIDE? ❞ »----------✄ A year after you heard rumors of something happening to your old childhood friend, someone had att...