The book of cool pointless fa...

By BlackGuitar000

Did you know the most favoured day for suicide is on Mondays? No? What about slugs have four noses? NO? Have... More

The book of cool pointless facts
Chapter 2
jokes and quotes
Stupidity
jokes and fun facts
more fun randomness
Inspiring quotes
Tweets
statistics and men vs women
The most functional word in the English language
Things you will never need to know part 1
Things you will never need to know part 2+college
These sure sound cool. but they're not true-part1
These sure sound good, but they aren't true-part 2
These sure sound good, but they aren't true- part 3
These sure sound good, but they're not true-part 4
These sure sound good, but they're not true-part 5
Tweets :D
jokes and facts ;D
S'more facts
Weird phobias
Understanding your sexuality-part 1

Different types of sexuality (understanding your sexuality-part 2)

209 4 0
By BlackGuitar000

(http://amplifyyourvoice.org/u/kevz/2013/05/31/seven-types-of-sexuality­)

(http://www.stop-homophobia.com/pansexuality.htm)

(http://www.whatisasexuality.com/intro/)

(http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=Androsexual)

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer)

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteroflexibility)

(http://queerdictionary.tumblr.com/post/9892676587/skoliosexual-adj)

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=autosexual)

Different types of sexuality (and other relevant stuff)

Heterosexuality-Being attracted to the opposite gender

Homosexuality-Being attracted to the same gender. Men attracted to men are known as gay and women attracted to women are known as lesbian.

Polysexuality-Is the sexual attraction to more than one gender but do not wish to be known as bisexual as it implies that there are only two binary sexes, do not confuse this with pansexuality (Pan meaning All and Poly meaning many).

Transexualism-Is when a person identifies themselves with a physical sex that is different to their own biological one. A medical diagnosis can be made if a person experiences discomfort as a result of a desire to be a member of the opposite sex. For example a person may be born male and is uncomfortable with their gender as a male and changes to a female, or a female may change to a male. It is a long process that they will go through and an expensive one too.

Bisexuality- Being attracted to both genders

Bi-curious-Someone who does not classify themselves as bisexual but is curious or interested in having a sexual experience with the same gender; they may suspect themselves to be bisexual/questioning their own sexuality

Pansexuality-Is the sexual attraction towards people regardless of gender also known as omnisexuality. Some pansexuals refer to themselves as gender blind as to them gender is insignificant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.

Bisexual vs. Pansexual (this is very difficult to grasp, I still don't fully understand it!)

Bisexual people are attracted sexually and romantically to both males and females, and are capable of engaging in sensual relationships with either sex. Despite being able to form meaningful, lasting relationships with both sexes, bisexual individuals may, to a small or large degree, have a preference for one sex over the other.

Similarly, pansexual people may be sexually attracted to individuals who identify as male or female; however, they may also be attracted to those who identify as intersex, third-gender, androgynous, transsexual, or the many other sexual and gender identities.

The latter distinction is what draws the line between pansexuality and bisexuality. People who self-identify as pansexual do so with purpose, to express that they are able to be attracted to various gender and sexual identities, whether they fall within the gender binary or not.

The pansexual label, however, is more accommodating for those, regardless of their own gender identity, who sometimes do not fit neatly into the male or female genders, for example, when people who are engaged in a homosexual or heterosexual relationship and their partner transitions from male-to-female or female-to-male. Although, some choose to take on change their sexual identity according to the gender to which their partner has transitioned, an increasing number have chosen to self-label as pansexual, queer, or one of the other non-monosexual identities. The pansexual identity is much more accommodating to the coupling of individuals who embrace various sexual and gender identities.

A/N: if you still don't understand, some people say that bisexuality relates more to physical attraction but pansexual people need an emotional attachment before being physically attracted to someone. Tbh I'm not really sure but you can all do your own research :)

Asexuality-Asexuality is a sexual orientation characterized by a persistent lack of sexual attraction toward any gender.

Asexuality

is not an abstinence pledge. (Although there may be abstinent aces.)

Asexuality

is not a synonym for celibacy. (There are celibate aces and

promiscuous aces and aces everywhere in between.)

Asexuality

is not a gender identity. (Although there may be trans, non-binary, or

gender queer aces.)

Asexuality

is not a disorder. (Although there may be aces with physical or mental

conditions.)

Asexuality

is not a choice. (Although not every ace is "born that way".)

Asexuality

is not a hormone imbalance. (Although there may be aces with hormone

issues.)

Asexuality

is not a fear of sex or relationships. (Although there may be aces

who are afraid of or otherwise dislike sex or relationships.)

Asexuality

is a sexual orientation, like homosexuality or heterosexuality. And

like being straight or being gay, it's about what someone feels, not what

someone does. Dating, having sex, masturbating, falling in love,

getting married, or having children do not conflict with

asexuality in any way. There are many reasons why an asexual person

might do these things that do not require sexual attraction to be present.

Experiencing

arousal or orgasm also do not conflict with asexuality.

Gray-asexuality-Some people feel that they are "almost asexual" or "asexual with an exception". That is, they strongly identify with being asexual, except for a few limited or infrequent experiences of sexual attraction. Gray-asexual people fall in between asexuality and non-asexuality. In some cases, they experience sexual attraction only rarely. In others, they're unsure if they've experienced it or don't feel that they quite fit the definition of asexual in some way.

Feelings asexual people have had

Are

you generally disinterested in sex?

Is

your interest in sex more scientific than emotional?

Do

you feel left out or confused when others discuss sex?

If

you had sex, did you think it was dull or boring, and not the amazing

experience other people made it out to be?

Have

you ever had to pretend to be interested in someone in order to fit in?

Have

you ever felt "broken" because you don't experience sexual feelings like

those around you?

Have

you ever felt that you were straight "by default" or that you were bi or

pan because you were equally (dis)interested in all genders?

Have

you ever gone out with someone or had sex because you felt "that's what

you're supposed to do?"

Demisexuality- Demisexual (demi=half) people are only capable of feeling sexual attraction after developing a strong emotional bond with someone. Demisexuality and gray-asexuality fall within what's called the "asexual spectrum".

Androsexuality-Attraction to men regardless of gender. Androsexual is usually used by genderqueer individuals, as heterosexual or homosexual don't necessarily apply to them, since their genders may not necessarily have opposites.

Gynosexuality-Attraction to women regardless of gender

Genderqueer -(GQ; alternatively non-binary) is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine-identities which are thus outside of the gender binary. Genderqueer people may identify as one or more of the following:

· having an overlap of, or indefinite lines between, gender identity

· having two or more genders (being bigender, trigender, or pangender)

· having no gender (being agender, nongendered, genderless, genderfree, or neutrois)

· moving between genders or having a fluctuating gender identity (gender fluid)

· being third-gender or other-gendered, a category which includes those who do not place a name to their gender.

Heteroflexible-Heteroflexibility is a form of a sexual orientation or situational sexual behaviour characterized by minimal homosexual activity in an otherwise primarily heterosexual sexual orientation that is considered to distinguish it from bisexuality. It has been characterized as "mostly straight"

A/N: If you want to find out more, this is an interesting article/viewpoint http://www.emandlo.com/2013/06/confession-i-am-heteroflexible/

Homoflexible-opposite of heteroflexible ie.mostly gay but on occasion attracted to the opposite sex

Skoliosexuality-Skoliosexual describes a potential sexual attraction to non-binary identified individuals. This does not generally describe an attraction to specific genitalia or birth assignments but rather is an inclusive term.

Autosexuality-sexual orientation toward oneself; that is, preferring self-gratification over other forms of sexual activity. Often occurs as a result of numerous failed attempts at interpersonal relationships, leading the individual to make a conscious choice to become autosexual rather than face disappointment and frustration yet again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 4.6K 54
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
248K 7.9K 176
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
82.1K 3.5K 22
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
50.6K 882 25