Every time I see you

De ZenCave

We all have heard of getting butterflies in your stomach when you fall in love. But what if that is exactly... Mais

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 04

Chapter 03

10 4 29
De ZenCave

I whipped my head at the violin boy who was seated on the edge of the fountain, little water droplets from it drizzling upon him majestically as he produced his music. He had a small smile on his face and his dirty blond hair shuffled as he swayed to the melody he created.

All my troubles were instantly forgotten as I was captured by his siren call.

Oh, I could drown in his melodies forever.

He was wielding the violin expertly, covering a slow-reverbed version of the song, 'Reunion' by M83 whose melody I was familiar with. I didn't know the lyrics to the song, but feeling my eyes on him, the violin boy shuffled a little to look at me. He probably realized that I didn't know the lyrics because he softly started singing the lyrics along to the strings he strummed.

My eyes widened in awe at the deep soothing voice that resonated with my skin. He was musically talented indeed! What a gift to have!

"You came out of nowhere

Stealing my heart and brain

Flaming my every cell

You make me feel myself

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

Will you stay in this land forever?

Across the time and space

A never-ending dance

A blooming and a trance

You make me feel my soul

There's no more loneliness

Only sparkles and sweat

There's no more single fate

You make me feel myself "

I was enjoying his voice that I didn't even realise when two bright blue butterflies came flapping their shining wings at me. I sank into the deep baritone of his calming voice followed by the symphony of the violin as it oozes my tiredness out of my body.

He sang so softly that I was the only one who heard his voice, making me wish he sang louder so that he could be heard by the other couples who could relate to the lyrics.

With a final chord, he finished his piece and my hands automatically came together in applause. My eyes were lit up with serenity and I smiled at the violin boy.

"That was beautiful," I told him and his eyes enlarged in surprise as if he didn't expect me to talk to him.

He gave a slight bow, a dimple making an appearance the left cheek of his gentle countenance. He was very attractive and handsome underneath the silent and introverted persona he held.

"Thank you," he said and brought his violin down from its previous position.

"You have a lovely voice."

His face flamed a little, then he cleared his throat. "So do you. Yesterday was beautiful."

The majestic scene of the engaged couple came into my mind as he said this.

"Yes," I agreed. "That was the most enthralling view ever, especially with your music."

The boy looked away, "Yeah, beautiful."

"Do you come here every day?" I wondered and he bit his lip, running his hand through his dirty blond hair.

"Sometimes. I think I might though."

My face immediately lightened up. "Really? You'll be here every afternoon?"

The boy looked taken aback, but he composed himself before giving me a small nod.

I gave him a big smile as if he had brought down the stars from the sky to me. He could play the violin for one second and I would be down for it. 

The boy watched me with tender eyes that had my heart pulsating like I was downed in cold water. There were butterflies in my stomach. I unconsciously looked away from his intense gaze, feeling my face burn bashfully.

Three butterflies flew around my head and I shook my head, glancing at the couples nearby.

Ugh, why couldn't the butterflies just stay next to their designated couple without troubling me?

The violin boy caught my attention with a single strum on his violin. 

Was he going to play it again?

As he struck the first chord, I was once again transported to a world of nothing but him, his violin and me. 

I went to the park every evening after a hectic day of work. The violin boy was always there before me near the fountain, and he would play a different piece every time I sat beside him to relax to his music.

We never talked or conversed except for me complimenting

I slept early every day so I could bask in his voice the next day, dreamt about me basking in the golden harmony of his pieces, and woke up every day eager to listen to his violin.

I half expected butterflies to pop out of nowhere since I had fallen in love with his music and voice.

A plethora of butterflies greater than yesterday circled me when I reached the park. There were too many couples today, too? They seemed to increase every time I come here!

What a bother!

Just like the previous month, he was there beside the fountain that cascaded its crystal waters today. He was singing a song that I had not heard before with the accompaniment of his violin.

"Under the evening sky,

Amid the pure doves,

Surrounded by a mosaic of angelwings.

When they beheld that sight

You never strayed, you stayed

Watching only me.

I watched as your green eyes closed, your rosy lips parting

singing to my tune

Your curls were a cascade of waves

Taking me ashore to your presence every day.

My little nightingale

Your voice embraces me warmly

Your smile paints colours into my world

I am not alone,

when I am with you.

I write about you every day

Dream about you when I am awake

Watch the flutterbies as they try to appeal to you.

But you never regard them

Were you regarding me instead?

Am I the centre of your universe

Like you've become in mine?"

The violin boy has his eyes trained on the strings of his violin as he sings in his deep but soft enchanting voice.

"I've never heard that song before," I commented, my soul floating like a cloud in the sky in response to his skillful and enchanted playing.

The violin boy's eyes lowered towards me, "I wrote it."

My lips parted in amazement, "That's very impressive."

I swatted some butterflies away and he stopped his playing.

"Are they bothering you?"

"Yeah," I huffed, waving my hand to ward them off. "I am not a fan of them."

The violin boy appeared to be taken aback by my words.

"Why not? Everyone loves butterflies. They are so beautiful."

I didn't want to go into detail but I simply said, "They irritate and annoy me so much. And all these butterflies have made me not believe in love. It is all deception."

The violin balanced in his arms almost slipped away and I reached towards it with a panicked squeak. But the violin boy quickly stopped his instrument from falling with his quick reflexes.

I looked up at him, my features contorting to worry at the troubled expression he was wearing.

"What's wrong?" I asked him in a whisper, wondering what had transpired for him to have such a foreign look on his face.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry, I have to go," his voice came out hoarsely as he packed his violin.

I looked on with worry, as he left the park before me for the first time since I'd started to come to listen to his violin.

What happened? Had I said something wrong?

He'll be alright tomorrow, I am sure.

But the next day, at the same time, he was not there as usual by the fountain. I waited at the park for hours even after the sun set for him, but he did not turn up. When it got too spooky and dark, I retreated home.

Was he okay?

The day after, I reached the park an hour early, but the Violin boy did not show up even as the night greeted the sky.

It went on for a few days. Day turned into weeks. He never appeared at the park. 

Once, I stayed by the fountain the whole day to at least catch a glimpse of him, but to no avail, I had failed to find him.

Was he a figment of my imagination?

I was not fairing well. His voice did not surface in my dreams anymore and my headaches worsened as my workload took a toll on me.

 Nevertheless, I visited the park every day, hoping and praying that he would come, and that he was doing well.

The presence of butterflies that greeted me every time I met him was no more.

Wait. The butterflies; they were no more.

My heart beat erratically against my chest when I registered that fact. My legs lost energy and I plopped down on the edge of the fountain.

I rewound my memories to the last day I saw him, weeks ago.

I am sure I was in the wrong. What had I said that had him run away, never to come back?

The butterflies.

...Those butterflies that disappeared away with Violin Boy himself, never to be seen again.

Thunder struck in my heart as I sucked in a breath and covered my mouth with my palm in a state of shock.

' "They irritate and annoy me so much. And all these butterflies have made me not believe in love. It is all deception."

The violin balanced in his arms almost slipped away and I reached towards it with a panicked squeak. But the violin boy quickly had stopped his instrument from falling with his quick reflexes.

I looked up at him, my features contorting to worry at the troubled expression he was wearing. '

Oh no, what had I done?

Violin boy, did you fall in love with me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit 1st song: 'Reunion' by M83

Credit 2nd song: To me! I just took a shot of writing a song; I think it sounds more like a poem, but still, I like it!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.2K 171 44
❝But I love you,❞ I whispered before my world shattered into pieces. He slammed the door right in front of me, leaving me all alone with my thoughts...
11.1K 362 15
Welcome to the Esthetïque Book Club! Do you wish to receive constructive feedback on what you write? Do you desire to know what people feel after re...
635 224 23
"Awwwn you're so cute". Iris said lovingly "I love you so much babe". Zach replied "Ughh yuck". Ivy said inwardly with a pang of jealousy Stuck in th...
548 58 3
Are you struggling to find readers for your book? Are you a new writer and need help with your story? Are you an artist and you want more exposure to...