Agape Love

By fruityycat

In this story we will uncover the real identity of Zeffiniah. Zeffiniah a nursing student and a scholar who... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

47 2 3
By fruityycat

I woke up standing in the middle of a vast field but as I turned my head, I saw a single tomb in the distance

"what am I doing here?" I asked to myself knowing I, myself cannot answer that question.

This place is a bit foggy and the wind is cold, the grass are tall and the sky is full of dark cumulonimbus cloud, indicating its about to rain soon.

I walked forward absent-mindedly, following the traces of a small path towards the tomb, I don't know what I'm doing but something's urges me to do it.

The distance is getting shorter between me and the tomb, the encrypted letters and words are getting clearer as I make my way towards it.

Dissapointment tripped me to my expectations as I tried to read the encrypted words, I cannot understand a single thing!

"So you can't still read Greek" a soft voice spoke behind me

I was crept out and immediately turned my head towards the source of the voice. There, I saw a woman not so far from where I am standing, she's kneeling with blood on her dress and facing the floor.

My mouth kept shut, doesn't want to make unnecessary noise she might hurt me, God knows! 

Fear starts to rise within me as I cautiously approached her

I have no idea what the hell am I doing, but curiosity fills me the moment I saw her. Why such a strange woman appear in here? Who is she?  And there's a familiarity in her voice, I  might know her. 

"Zeffiniah."  a deep manly voice  called out my name and made me stopped on my tracks. The voice seems familiar as it sends shivers down to my spine.

I turn my head towards his direction but his eyes were pinned to the woman in front of me.

"Its all your fault, Ihja" the man appeared on his 40's and has an aura that makes you feel sick by just looking at him. You can tell by his presence that he's not an ordinary person. He reeks blood.

I don't know what's happening right now but all I know is I need to protect the woman. My body moved as if they have their own consciousness. I immediately ran towards her direction and kneeled, trying to help her escape but to my surprise her legs were full of bruises and wounds and her feet was chained.

I got more desperate to help her and looked for something sharp to cut the chain off but there was nothing except a rock, I tried using it but it was pointless.

"f-fuck!" I tried to cuss out my frustration but I stutter as anxiety overpowered my mind. I'm getting histerical, tears flowing continuosly from my eyes, I feel pain inside my chest as it drums fast.

The man is getting closer, he's wiping his gun while slowly approaching our direction.

"shh-shh" pagpapa tahimik ng babae sa akin, she held my face against hers. Doon sumalubong sa akin ang mukhang di ko inaasahan.

How did she end up here? What's happening? Mas lalong gumulo ang sitwasyon, mas lalong dumami ang tanong sa isip ko.

"I told you before, what is meant to happen is really going to happen." She whispered to my face with her faint and hoarse voice, she's weak and cold.

I looked into her familiar green eyes that made me loose it. I can't be wrong this is the woman I love. Why is she here? Bakit ganyan ang itsura niya? Please tell me this is all just a dream because I can't-I don't know what to do, I'm too powerless right now.

Fear slowly eating me as I hear the footsteps getting closer.

"w-we need to g-get you out of here, please.." pagmamakaawa ko rito but she's just giving me her smile that makes me feel more weak.

"This is the consequence of my action, love-" she tried to reason out but it's not right.

"I don't fckng care! fuck those consequences! I will never let that happen." May diin kong wika rito. Ngunit umiling lang siya at hinawakan ang pisnge ko gamit ang maputla at malalamig niyang mga kamay.

"Love, listen to me. I can't undo what I've done and I do not regret it"

"then let me protect you." I desperately told her and held her hand to put it on my chest.

"this heart belongs to you and only you, if you're going to die then this thing will stop beating too." I continued while staring deep into her eyes.

A tear fell from her eye before she crushed our lips. I closed my eyes and treasured our kiss as this is our last chance to do it.

We got interrupted nang biglang may humila sa akin palayo sa kanya

"no no no no!" I shoutted while desperately trying to reach her

"You! Stay here!" the man shoutted while pointing his finger at my face

"Luther, hold her" utos nito nang biglang sumulpot na lalaki sa likuran niya.

That fckng name!

"You're out of this, Rain" he said while wipping his tears. Why is he crying?

"Luther, Tito Tristan.. I'm sorry" she's not begging, she just casually say her apologies as if she's accepting what's going to happen to her.

"She died because of you!" bulyaw ni Luther habang patuloy na umiiyak at sinisisi ito.

"There's only one way to forgive you.. life for a life" the man raised his gun and pointed at her

"NO!" I shoutted when he was about to pull the trigger. Buong lakas akong kumawala sa bisig ni Luther and I jumped in front of the gun.

*BANG

A loud gunfire echoed through the field as I felt a familiar pain, piercing through my skin..

I was about to stand up but I lost my balance and fell on the floor, the bullet hit my back- I saved her but then blood came running out of my mouth.

I feel death is about to come as I coughed more blood and my vision is getting blurry, everything's fading. Is this the end of me?

The woman looked at me with so much fear and worry in her eyes. She ran towards me, luckily her chain is long enough to let her ran that far.

"D-Don't be scared-" I tried talking to her but eveything's blured out,I can't even see her face properly, my body is getting numb and everything is so cold..

" I-I'm always be h-here with you.." I continued in faint voice while pointing at her chest. She held my hand tightly and kissed it with tears falling from her eyes. This scene is in vain and painful..

"No! No! no! you can't die yet! I-It was supposed to be me!" I want to say something more but my throat got dried.

I reached for her hand and squeezed it as much as I can, telling her that I won't leave her no matter what.

Our cold hands makes it more difficult for me to accept this situation. I know this isn't supposed to happen, I still plan to marry her, I want her to be the mother of our children, I want to wake up in the morning next to her, have morning kisses, cuddle in cold rains, sing our favorite song, drink hot choco on the rooftop.. I want to do a lot of things with her but how will that happen? Now that everything's messed up?

"What the hell did you do, Rain!?" the Luther guy immediately approached me and pushed her. Fuck him! He has no right to hurt her.

"You took another life-" I didn't hear the last part when a loud ring from my ear made me deaf for a moment. The man raised his gun once again, he's really going to kill her.

I was desperately trying to get up to stop him but I can't, all I can do is watch her get killed.

"I beg the heavens.. please save her. My God.. please." I silently prayed to my mind. I lift my hand towards her direction, trying to reach her, the sun is shinning from her back making it hard for me to see her face. She then moved her face blocking the sunlight-she looks like a weeping angel at that moment-its mesmerizing yet painful to see.. am I finally loosing her?

For the last time she smilled at me and mouthed "i love you, please take care of her." Before I closed my eyes

...

I was brought back to reality habol hininga, tears continuously falling from my eyes.

I felt a sharp pain from my left arm nang subukan kong punasan ang luha ko kaya agad na napahawak ako dito.

I calmed down for a second at doon ko lang na pagtanto na hindi pamilyar ang silid na kina ruruonan ko

Naka benda na ang tama ko at may pakete ng dugo na naka sabit sa tabi ko kasama ang IV fluid.

Great, now I need to get out of here..

Tanging liwanag lang ng buwan ang nagsisilbing ilaw sa paligid kaya medyo hirap makita ang kabuohan ng silid

"You're finally awake" a voice caught my attention kaya agad na tumingin ako sa gawi nito but its too hard to see him.

"who are you?" I said in defensive tone.

Lumalapit ito nang bahagya, revealing himself slowly.

"Luther.." I almost whispered

"so you can remember me now?" he said giving me an evil smile.

I got shivers nang magtama ang mga mata namin.

"I'm not playing with you, Luther. What do you want?" I said as I regain my composure. He looked amazed for a moment pero agad rin itong nakabawi.

I won't back down to him. I wasn't made for that and I know that what happened in the past is connected to what's happening right now kaya mahalagang may makuha akong impormasyon mula sa kanya.

"You're not that weak kid anymore, I'm so sad.." mapang-asar nitong saad

"Why did you save me?"

"Says who?" Kumunot ang noo ko sa sagot nito. Isa lang ang ibig sabihin nito, he's planning something and its no good.

"What do you mean?" he just gave me a sly smirk

"Malalaman mo rin. Don't be impatient, Rain" his phone rang after he said that at iniwan ako sa loob ng silid

Bahagya akong napahawak sa ulo ko dahil sa dami ng nagyayare sa paligid. Lalong gumugulo ang lahat, hindi rin nakakatulong na wala akong maalala sa lahat ng nangyare noon.

"Fck this!" tatayo na sana ako nang bumukas ulit ang pinto.

"You're not allowed to go anywhere, malaki ang nakapatong na pera sa ulo mo." Sinasabi ko na nga ba, may masamang balak ang kulugong to.

Hindi na ko nanlaban pa, bukod sa nanghihina ako wala ako sa tamang lugar para roon. Nang bumukas kasi ang pinto nakita ko nang bahagya ang mga taong nakabantay sa akin sa labas, sa sobrang dami nila daig ko pa presidente ng Pilipinas.

"Dammit Luther! Just say what you want!" Hindi ko na mapigilan ang sarili kong mainis sa kanya, sa dinami-dami ng mga bagay na ginawa niya sakin wala na talaga akong makitang magandang rason para maging mabuting tao pa ako sa kanya.

Binigyan lang ako nito ng seryosong tingin bago tumalikod

"Don't waste your energy dahil kakailanganin mo yan para bukas." Huling saad nito bago tuluyang nilisan ang silid.

I furiously hit the bed because of frustration.

I'm so fckng tired playing with them!

I lay down once again and trying to rethink and reassess everything.

"I badly need to get out of here" saad ko sa aking sarili pero hindi ko manlang ikinilos ang katawan ko. I know what I need to do but I don't have the strength plus, I'm too hopeless to do that for now.

Naramdaman ko ang pagbigat ng talukap ng mata ko at pagkain ng dilim sa paligid kalaunan. Sa unang pagkakataon, hinayaan kong matulog ang sarili ko sa madilim at delikadong lugar.

***

When I woke up I slowly got up from bed, napansin ko ring wala na ang mga aparatus sa katawan ko. I don't know how long I passed out but I gained enough energy to move.

Sakto namang bumukas ang pinto at niluwa ang nakakaasar na pagmumukha ni Luther. He's wearing a black suit with grey ties and black polo inside. Pormal ang kasuotan nito kumpara kahapon na naka tshirt at pants lang.

"Good morning princess, how was your sleep?" mapang-asar na bati nito

Pinaikutan ko lang ito ng mata pagkatapos binigyan ng middle finger. He laughed at my response.

I just let out a deep sigh dahil magsasayang lang ako ng enerhiya kapag pinatulan ko pa siya.

"I love the attitude, Rain pero wala na tayong oras, you need to start preparing for your match" seryosong wika nito. Gulat at nagtatakang tinignan ko ang gawi nito, magsasalita na sana ako nang biglang bumakas na naman ang pinto at pumasok ang isang babae na may suot na maskara.

Ano daw? Match? Ako!? Just what the hell..? Kailan pa ko naging boksingera? Or UFC figther? Or? Teka anong klaseng match ba kasi? Dating match ba? ew. 

The woman went to his side at may binulong rito. She's sexy and wearing this tight latex full black body suit and giving me the looks. What's her problem?

I watched them whispered to each other for a moment before they decided to fill me in.

"Ano!? I need to fight my way out here!?" hindi ko mapigilang magulat sa mga pinagsasabi ni Luther. Sino ba naman kasing mag-aakala na gagawin akong manok rito? Luther said that he bet for me nang malaman niyang isasalang ako sa laban and I have no choice but to win cause that's my only way out.

"pa ulit-ulit?" sarkastikong wika ng babaeng naka maskara. Aba't may say pa ang bruhang to.

"Ikaw kausap ko? O sige palit kayo. Bida-bida amp" I tried to whisper the last part pero alam kong narinig niya. Akmang aambangan niya ko pero pinigilan siya ni Luther. too bad for her

"Ano ba dina!? Tama na! You both need to cooperate with each other kung gusto niyong makaalis dito pareho" naikunot ko ang noo ko sa sinabi nito. Like hello? Sinong gustong makipag cooperate sa bruhang yan?

" I don't need her/She's just a nuisance to me" sabay naming wika

Luther just sighed at umiling ng marahan.

"Just remember, if you both loose, they'll kill you." He tried to remind us both.

I sighed in defeat when I have no other choice but to cooperate with Dina.

"How did I end up here?" I asked him before he decided to left me with Dina.

"I have no idea, Rain. Ikaw nga ang dapat tanungin ko niyan." Huling saad nito bago tuluyang lumabas ng silid. So hindi siya ang kumuha sa akin nang mawalan ako ng malay? Then who the hell did? Gusto kong makita ang pamumukha ng kumag na yon para matanggalan ko ng itlog ng bongga. He has no right to turn me into a fckng rooster na tamang pang sabong lang!

Inis akong bumangon sa kama at dumeretso sa cr para maghanda. Pagkatapos kong maligo ay sinuot ko na ang same latex tight suit ng kagaya kay Dina. Mukhang may uniporme pa kami. May kasama rin itong maskara at military black boots.

Hindi talaga biro tong lugar na kinaroroonan ko, swerte na lang talaga kung makalabas ako ng buhay. Buti pa mga disney princess may mga knight and shinning armor ako tamang ligtas lang sa sarili, sariling sikap kumbaga.

Kahit naman siguro magka knight and shinning armor ako gusto ko si Vaine lang, hays.. kaya niya kaya akong ipaglaban? Tutal batang bear brand naman siya.

Its been an hour simula nang pinaliwanag sakin ni Luther ang sitwasyon na meron kami ngayon pero hindi lahat ng tanong ko ay sinagot nito. Katulad na lang nung tanungin ko siya tungkol sa lugar na'to, he simply dismissed the topic.

If I can't get anyting from him, I'll look for myself

I am well so determined nang makapasok kami sa Arena. This place is huge kasing laki ito ng coliseum but its underground. Alak at amoy ng sigarilyo ang agad na bubungad sayo. Maraming tao ang narito, killers, dealers and drug lords, karamihan sa kanila ay namumukhaan ko.

Halos lahat ng malalaking kriminal ay narito mabuti na lamang ay walang nakakakilala sa akin sa loob at labas ng maskara ko. Knowing my real job, malaking oputunidad ito para sa akin gayun rin ang banta nito sa buhay ko. Kahit kailan naman siguro hindi magiging ligtas ang trabaho ko.

"You have 2 hours to check out the area and after that you have to return to the backstage" He's giving me the looks while saying this. he knows.

Walang na banggit si Luther tungkol sa lugar na ito o kung sino man ang nagpapatakbo rito. Sinabi niya lang ang dapat gawin pero bukod roon ay wala na itong nabanggit na ibang impormasyon. He's being secretive about it and that makes me more interested about this place.

Agad kong nilisan ang entrance at tinungo ang hagdan pababa ng mga bench. Tinanaw ko ang kabuoan ng lugar para hanapin ang vip room, kung hindi ako nagkakamali naroon ang mga biggest share holders ng lugar na ito o kung hindi man ang mga importanteng tao na may malakas na impluwensya pagdating sa mga ganitong negosyo.

Nagbabasakali akong matanaw ang mga pagmumukha ng mga taong ito.

"ouch!" tangina may tumapak sa paa ko amp!

Nag-angat ako ng tingin para makita kung sino ang salarin, siya ring yuko nito kaya nagkasalubong ang ulo ko at baba niya.

We both scowl in pain and got hit in a vulnerable area kaya naman pareho kaming na paatras. The only thing is-bago pa ako maka react my feet already slipped and I'm about to fall from top of the stairs.

I didn't noticed the stairs from my back earlier, If I knew I would die like this, I should've done it with Vaine last time. Damn!

My precious life, my sexy body and my pleasurable talent will be all wasted cause of a stupidity well- a great philosopher once said before "dumb ways to die, so many dumb ways to die~" I really agree to that. Now, I'm clearly going to die soon.

I tightly closed my eyes, prayed to Gods na kunin nila ang kaluluwa ko sayang naman kasi kung mapupunta lang sa impyerno ang ganda ko.

"Ack!" I choked when someone grabbed me on my neck and lift my whole body. I slightly opened my left eye to see this person and all I can see is a black satin that covers most of her face and her playful smirk behind it.

I held her firm and strong hand to let me go but she tigthens her grasp even more.

"aghckkk!" saliva is flowing out of my mouth and air has been suspended to enter, my entire vision is starting blur pero nagawa kong ipulupot ang paa ko sa kamay nito at buong pwersang inikot ang kamay nito kasabay ng katawan ko.

Nagawa kong kumawala mula sa pagkakasakal niya and I'm desperately gasping for air after that.

"You're good but not good enough to win against me." pagmamalaki nito sa sarili niya. I calmed myself for a bit dahil nang gagalaiti ako sa ginawa niya.

"I'm not trying to compete with you, I'm trying to live" mahinahon kong wika rito.

" Well, good luck on that. See you later on stage, little angel" she gave me her playful smile before she left with her body guards.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my gloves and fixed my mask cause i look like a mess, we gained a lot of attention from that kaya kailangan kong itagong maigi ang mukha ko. Mabuti na lamang at hapit ang maskara na suot ko at hindi nalaglag nang sakalin ako nung baliw na babae kanina.

"You okay?" dina asked while holding her chin, I think siya yung nakabanggaan ko kanina. Parehas talaga kaming tanga.

"Yea, just almost died from choking"

"hey, atleast she saved you falling from 50 stairs high"

"gosh~ dina wala kang kwenta kausap"

"atleast di sinakal"

"at pinanood mo lang rin ako kanina!?"

"hoy! ano ba namang laban ko sa sampung body guard niya na kasing laki ni 'the rock'?"

"You should've atleast tried?" well ano pa nga bang aasahan ko rito.

"no need, malaki ka na" saad nito bago ako alalayan papuntang backstage. Hindi ko talaga alam kung nasan ang utak nitong babaeng to, imbis tulungan ako pinanood lang ako.

Nailing na lang ako at sinubukang hanapin parin ang vip room and I did find it. I overheard one of the conversations of the guard and staff earlier na malapit sa pwesto na tinambayan namin ni Dina kanina kaya agad kong hinanap ito.

Base sa pagkakarinig ko, the room will be located near the control room upstairs. Agad akong palihim na tumakas habang si Dina ay busy sa pagkuha ng pagkain.

The entrance of the said room is surprisingly open and no one's guarding it. I don't know if I should say I'm lucky. Something's wrong, imposible namang hahayaan lang nilang bukas ito at walang bantay. Regardless of the danger I felt, I still decided to go and check inside.

Someone's POV

"She's like a cat, tough, flexible and curious at everything she sees. People believed that cats have 9 lives and hers are starting to whither, right Kiyoshi?"

"yes, your highness"

Their conversation got interrupted nang tumunog and coms sa pinto.

"Your highness, the Empress is here" one of the knights spoke from the coms, informing the King.

"Let her in"

"Your highness.." A woman in her early 30's entered the palace and greeted the King

"Oh... my lovely, Empress! You're here! Akala ko di mo na naman ako sisiputin"

"I gave my word your, highness kaya imposibleng mangyari ang iniisip ninyo"

"Stop the formalities, my love. Hindi ka na iba sa akin." He said while giving a hug to the empress.

"I think you should start the meeting now, your highness" may bigay diin na saad ng Empress, halatang hindi ito nasasayahan sa ginagawa ng kanyang kausap.

Only a small playful laughs escaped from the King. Tumalikod ito at muling hinarap ang screen kung saan kitang-kita ang ginagawa ni Zeffiniah.

"Look at my new prey. She's very intelligent and brave but not cautious to her surroundings and that will put her in real danger." Saad nito habang nakatitig at may malokong ngiti sa labi. "The predator is watching and soon will devour her. That's how life cycle works, right?" Tingin nito pabalik sa Empress na ikinatango nito.

"You want me to kill her." Deretsong wika nito.

"You will kill the fun if you're just going to kill her"

"Then what do you want me to do?" bored na tanong ng Empress

"Do you know what the predator does when it already have its prey?" tanong ng Hari bago sinindihan ang sigarilyong nasa bibig nito.

"play with it before killing it."

"Exactly! And that's what you're going to do" natutuwang tugon ng King

"consider it done."

"Enjoy your hunt!" kaway ng Hari habang naglalakad patungo sa isang silid at iniwan ang Empress. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 102K 39
Yaduvanshi Series #3 it is a book under yaduvanshi series. But it could be read as standalone too. Nitya Raghavendra is a telugu businesswoman earnin...
5.5K 273 10
Gusto ko siya. Gusto ko ang kagandahan niya. Gusto ko ang magandang ngiting nagmumula sa labi niya. Gusto ko ang mala-uling sa kaitiman na buhok niya...
3.2K 297 9
βœ…ππ€π˜ π“πŽ π‘π„π€πƒβœ… βœ… π‚πŽπŒπˆππ† π’πŽπŽπβœ… The love story Of Athena Sapphire Alexandria Hendrickson - Ragriel and Savannah's 5th Child
985K 30.5K 61
Dans un monde où le chaos et la violence étaient maitre, ne laissant place à ne serrait ce qu'un soupçon d'humanité. Plume était l'exception. Elle...