Every time I see you

ZenCave által

We all have heard of getting butterflies in your stomach when you fall in love. But what if that is exactly... Több

Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04

Chapter 01

38 14 58
ZenCave által

Ugh, I hated insects. Especially butterflies. No matter how beautiful they were, I just hated them.

I swatted away a butterfly that had decided to flutter its enormous wings in my face. I kissed my teeth in irritation as I warded away the insect with my hand.

People around me gasped in awe and cheered in surprise as the newly engaged couple kissed in front of everyone. Orange and green butterflies flew from all directions and swirled around the couple, making it look truly magical and enchanting.

The whole park had abandoned their picnics and games to witness the sight that was orchestrated by heaven itself.

White Doves from the birch trees around swooped in like angels descending to bestow their blessings upon them, surrounding the happy couple who embraced each other through teary laughs while the onlookers recorded the moment with their phones.

Millions of butterflies fluttered around the couple, showcasing the extreme love they have for each other as the tall, bright trees swayed to and fro as if to celebrate their joy.

Despite the presence of the butterflies, a wide smile grazed my face. It was truly a magnificent sight; a treat for the eyes, soul and mind. It won't take too long before this moment goes viral on social media. So I kept my phone tucked away and taped this moment with my own eyes.

"Look at all those beautiful butterflies! They must love each other so much to have countless of them flying around them!" a girl said in excitement.

"I wonder when my time will come! Oh, I do hope I fall in love so I can see those butterflies!" her friend sighed in contentment as she recorded the scene with her phone.

"It is a bummer that you can tell when no one is in love with you either. Surely I'll see at least a dozen butterflies if the one who loves me approaches me."

In this world, if you fall in love with someone, butterflies literally start to surround you and your crush, only if you are next to each other that is.

It was a weird phenomenon and also the main root of my hatred towards butterflies. 

Butterflies no longer hovered over my Dad, proving that all his love for my Mum was lost, decayed away, gone like smoke.

Before I could even confess to them, my crushes laughed and rejected me whenever they saw the butterflies flocking around us while I was nearby.

Butterflies no longer flew around me and my first and last boyfriend, crushing my dreams of forever.

I've been alone ever since.

Butterflies were a curse for me, but they were a blessing for others who loved wholeheartedly from their hearts.

As I looked ahead at the couple who were blushing under the cheers and claps of everyone else, I couldn't help but think what it was like to find the one. I was always unlucky when it came to love. I hated butterflies, but this moment unfolding in front of me was truly spectacular.

There were millions of butterflies fluttering their orange and green wings, which was an indication of the eye colours of the couple. To have such a big amount of butterflies surrounding you and celebrating your love means that the love between that couple was possibly eternal and wholesome. 

Add to that the other colourful butterflies that were flapping around as a result of the other couples that had come to the park.

It was a win-win for butterfly enthusiasts. 

The crowd's applause downed significantly when the unmistakable melody of a violin resonated in the air, like sunlight weaving through a green rainforest.

Everybody including me turned back towards the direction of the tune. 

A tall boy with dirty blonde hair stood near the fountain with a violin delicately placed between his shoulder and jaw. His eyes were closed as he played the notes fluidly like a flowing river, carrying emotions that filled my heart and eyes as I breathlessly listened to his song.

His violin's melody gently caressed the air, adding a touch of magic to the captivating moment of the couple being surrounded by doves, butterflies and trees.

Oh my, I was envious! 

This spectacle was crafted by the heavens and nobody can change my mind.

Old couples with butterflies surrounding them leaned against tree bark, held their hands and smiled at each other as they basked in the melody of the violin. Everyone else turned back ahead to watch the couple and the entrancing scene, now with the addition of the melancholy in the air.

Only I stayed facing the boy with the violin.

I swayed to his rhythm with my eyes closed, a warm blanket of relaxation wrapping around me, sinking me into the sunlight as I drowned in the river of his melodic waves. The boy was playing a slowed version of 'I Choose You' by Sara Bareilles and I found myself singing along softly to the tune of his strings.

"Tell the world that we finally got it all right

I choose you

I will become yours and you will become mine

I choose you

I choose you"

I opened my eyes still singing the song, when I realized that the buzz had died down and the newly engaged couple was already leaving with some of the others. I glanced at the violinist who was still playing the song, a small smile on his lips as he swayed to the rhythm.

I looked around once again doubtfully and realised that he was playing the song, accompanying my singing.

Oh, he was still playing it because I still was singing.

My mouth shut in embarrassment, and the boy opened his striking eyes, playing the strings of his instrument.

His eyes scanned the crowd in the park, but nobody was watching him. Then he found me seated on the ground, and he blinked back at me in surprise.

His smile widened a little and seeing that I was openly enjoying his playing, he stepped forward a little, playing for me, pleasing my ears.

I reciprocated his smile and rocked my body slightly as I continued to softly sing the words into the air.

"We are not perfect

We'll learn from our mistakes

And as long as it takes

I will prove my love to you

I am not scared of the elements

I am underprepared, but I am willing

And even better

I get to be the other half of you"

The gentle evening breeze greeted me, making my hair float with it. I let out a satisfied sigh at the cool feeling, and no sooner than that, I felt something on my head making me open my eyes. 

I pursed my lips when I saw a stray blue butterfly perched freely on my hair, and I swatted it away.

I regarded the violin boy who was already watching me.

His eyes widened a little before he looked away, making me chuckle to myself. After listening to another song that I didn't recognise but was beautiful nonetheless, I decided that it was time for me to leave when it was too late.

The violin boy was startled a little when I suddenly stood up, but he continued making melodies on the violin. Sending a polite smile his way, I left the park with the sun setting behind me as the bats started their day in the orange sky.

My mind was relaxed and content as I walked towards my apartment and reached my front door.

The door opened with a creak and silence greeted me, the stale air making me feel a little breathless. I hastily opened the windows and let in the fresh air. My eyes caught wind of the park far away as the breeze invaded my room.

I wonder if the violin boy was still there.

I should've stayed longer with him, basking in his melodious tune. I felt claustrophobic and lonely in my apartment all by myself, having nobody to talk to, nobody to laugh with.

I sighed to myself. There was no point in wallowing in self-pity. I got to work and started to cook my dinner. I made a simple hamburger with some fries and egg, with some raspberries to eat afterwards.

After a hot shower, I went to bed and stared at the ceiling, the darkness and solitude eating me up like a suffocating blanket. I wanted to go to sleep sooner so that I didn't have to feel this way.

Ah, I wish I had the violin boy's songs recorded on my phone. I miss the soothing, vibrant singing of his violin.

I wanted to listen to him again.

Maybe then I could relive the relaxation and contentment I had felt today once again. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Credit: 'I Choose You' by Sara Bareilles

Hello, I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. The prompt was given out by the a2e2023 challenge and here I am, writing for it!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

65.2K 3K 13
HI GUYS, YOU HAVE TO READ 'CLEANERS' FIRST TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND 'TOGETHER FOREVER' SO GO TO MY PROFILE YOU'LL SEE IT... A lot can change in five...
88K 2K 49
Alissa Iris De León the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...
8.6K 340 77
A book club born from Christmas! The main objective of EBC is to find a writing partner as both of you comment on each other's works. We also have a...
324K 17.8K 14
In which you learn to fall deeper in love with the stoic boy who is, in reality; a tsundere. 💕 {warning; this drabbles set will contain high doses o...