𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐀�...

By -GIMMESUMFACE

"𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭" The story of a girl who's lifestyle 360's with... More

𝟏
𝟐
𝟑
𝟒
𝟓
𝟔
𝟕
𝟖
𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
𝟐𝟑
𝟐𝟒
𝟐𝟔
𝟐𝟕

𝟐𝟓

17K 675 284
By -GIMMESUMFACE

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

          Maya took in a deep breath while replaying Neem's text message repeatedly in her head. This morning he sent her a text to take her out on a date tonight. Maya very reluctantly concluded that she'd go. She didn't know if she was making the right decision or not.

          After Jayvion she was strict when it came to no more relationships until she had her shit all the way together. Right about now she was risking that boundary by going out with him but it was something about the consistency he had when it came to her that kept her somewhat interested.

          But if she was going to take things further with him, she had some things she needed from him as well that she planned on letting him know. Although he took a lot of financial stress off of her, she wanted someone who was going to help make her life easier, not harder. 

          The knock on her door finally sent her out of her thoughts. She grabbed her purse and opened the door.

          Neem was there holding a box of flowers, like always, looking her up and down. Maya felt uncontrollably nervous and she usually never got nervous, but she wasn't sure how the night would go and if tonight would be the night he'd decided to be more truthful about himself.

          "You so pretty" He spoke first, looking down at her. She pursed her lips trying not to smile and took the flowers out of his hand.

          "Thank you," She said setting the flowers on the counter. 

          He came in and grabbed both of her hands until her back was against the wall.

          "What you being so affectionate for, you miss me just after a day or sumn?" She knew he was. Just wanted to test him to see if he'd start being less guarded about his feelings. 

          "You know I do" He replied kissing her cheek

          "So bad"

♡︎♡︎♡︎

          Neem ordered a car for them to arrive at their restaurant. The whole time he was with her in the backseat holding and kissing her hand ever so often.  

          She did notice a big shift in him from yesterday. He spoke more, was much more affectionate, and was slowly beginning to express how he was feeling about her more. That made her feel so much better about being around him and it was good to know that he knew now not to play with her.  

            The driver got out and opened both of their doors. Neem instantly came over and grabbed her hand.

          He checked in their reservations and got them seated at a good spot at the top by the window where you were able to see the view outside. It was perfect just like everything else he did for her.

          "I'm sorry for how I was acting at the beginning. I had never been serious with a girl before and wasn't expecting to catch feeling so when I did I didn't know how to go about it"

          Maya picked up her water glass and took a sip.

          "I forgive you. Just so you know I appreciate everything you've done for me. The vacations the shopping sprees and everything else you did. I never had a man do anything like you do for me."

          The waitress came and took their drink orders giving them both time to think about what they'd tell each other next. 

          "You still not looking for a relationship?" Neem said the minute the waiter stepped away. 

          "I'm not necessarily looking..."

          "I know you not looking  but I don't wanna stop being around you and since you're not comfortable being around me just accepting gifts, I wanna do this the right way."

          Maya almost choked on her water. 

          "Neem you told me you haven't been with no girl before, are you sure you're ready because I'm not trying to waste any more time. I'm grown now" 

          "I mean I know what I want. I usually don't but now I do" 

          "I don't feel like we're in a position to rush into a relationship though." 

          She often went into this state of protecting herself around guys so for her to be vulnerable was almost out of character. At this time she was not about to just say yes to nothing serious.

          "We don't gotta rush"

          "Before we get to that point I just want us to learn more about each other. I want us both to be comfortable, you feel me?"

          "Yeah, I understand what you mean now"

          The rest of the date went by without any more serious conversation, just small talk here and there. 

          "When's your birthday?" Maya asked looking over at him in the car. Since it wasn't too late he offered to take her shopping again since they weren't on good terms when Christmas passed, so they were on their way to the mall.

"It was November 5th"

          "November 5th so you a Scorpio- Wait wasn't we in Paris around that time?" She looked over at him.

          "Yeah" 

          "Why didn't you say anything? You could've at least told me"

          "I didn't want our trip to be all about me, I went to take you" He shrugged

          "That doesn't mean we need to forget it was your Birthday. You not supposed to be just forgetting about yourself and doing everything for me" 

          "I didn't grow up celebrating my birthday" Maya was genuinely concerned.

          "Why? Was it a Religion thing?" 

          "No, just no one really paid attention enough to care. They had more important things to do" 

♡︎♡︎♡︎

          "My mom passed away when I was real young so she wasn't around for most of my life," Neem said fidgeting on the couch in the Chanel store, hardly able to look her in her eyes. 

          "Can I ask why she passed?" Maya was just sitting there listening to him closely, happy he finally was trusting her enough to tell her this. 

          "She was killed" Her eyes widened

          "How old were you?" 

          "I was about seven" He shrugged it off like it was nothing. She knew when people did that it was a way of coping.

          "I'm sorry that happened to you. You didn't deserve that you know" 

          "I know" He rubbed his thumb in a circle on her thigh looking down at it as he did so.

          "What about your dad?"

         "He's been in prison?"

          "In prison for what?" Before he could respond her sales associate cut him off. 

          "Excuse me ma'am, for the other purse we do not have the color you wanted, If you'd like we can order it online or check another store"

          "You can order it, just give us a second" 

          "Take your time." She fake smiled and walked away, obviously ready to get them out of there.

          "We could leave now if you ready. We could finish talking in the car" 

♡︎♡︎♡︎

          "My dad's been in jail for murder" 

          "For murder?"

          "Yes, he beat my mother to death" Maya's hand instantly went over her mouth in shock. 

          "And he did that shit right in front of me- You know what I don't even wanna talk about it" 

          Maya felt so bad for him. She felt like she shouldve known the ways he's been acting came from some type of trauma but she had no clue, now she kind of felt bad for how much she pressured him to speak about this. 

          There was a huge energy shift the rest of the car ride home. His hand was on her thigh like always but it was obvious he wasn't alright. His face was emotionless and unreadable. 

          "We don't have to talk about that anymore. I didn't know your upbringing was that bad"

          "Could've been worse" 

          I don't know how much worse that could get but okay. 

          Her eyes shifted down to the Cartier bracelet that was the same gold color as the one he got her. Was funny how she never noticed that before.

          "You never told me when your birthday was though" Neem finally spoke breaking the silence

          "It's next month, January 28th" 

          "What you wanna  do?"

          "Ion know, I'm friendless now. Probably go to my parents' house" She chuckled to herself

          "You not friendless, I'm not gon let you be friendless" 

          She rolled her eyes playfully as the car pulled up in front of their apartment building. He grabbed her bags out the back and walked her back up to her apartment. 

          But she was still sensing some type of silence since he told her everything. 

          "You want the bags on your counter or in your room?"

          "You can leave them on my counter, I'll take care of it" 

          He set the bags down and looked over at her sitting down at her island.

          "You gonna leave now?" Maya asked wondering why he was just staring at her. 

          "Do I have a choice?"

          "Well, I'm going to sleep so..." 

          "Can I come by tomorrow?" She looked him up and down, she could tell he didn't want to leave.

          "Yeah just let me know before though"

           He grabbed her chin and kissed her cheek.

           "Lovey dovey ass" Maya teased with a smile on her face.

           "Go to sleep" 

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 351 16
(𝘯.) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶; 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
35.9K 923 38
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
744K 30.8K 50
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐭? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨...