VR Squad Oneshots

By OneGaySimp

Random ideas I had that no one else has written, also request if anyone would like to- More

Request Info/Rules
----------Oneshots----------
Girls Night
Tongue Twisted
Arts'n Crafts
Spook Day
Dinner Mayhem
Snow Fall
----------Headcanons----------
Gift giving: Friend
Artist Avery AU
VR Squad Cat AU
When They're Sick: The VR Squad
When They're Sick: The Newbies

Small Problems

77 2 29
By OneGaySimp

!Request!
(Fanart above is mine :] Made for this oneshot)

Sum: Potion mess goes wrong and Friend turns small!

! Relatively no ships but a little Dr.L x Luna !

************************************

3rd POV

   "Could you hand me the nether warts?" Luna holds out her open hand as Friend places a few bits of warts in it. She gives a soft smile back in return, dropping the bits into the brewing stand. Both watch the water boil and mix in the ingredient as a door from the other side of the room screeches open.

   Dr.L walks by, carrying a large box, which different types of glasses can be heard clattering inside of. He places the box on the table across from the two, opening it just as Luna asks, "What's that you got there?" Taking out an orange potion, he holds it up for her to see as he squints at the label on it, "Just some potions I've got to organize and put away."

   He places the bottle up in a nearby glass cabinet as the brewer slowly comes to a stop. Luna holds out her hand, asking Friend to pass her a glistering melon. She turns back to them and raises a brow as they place their empty hand into hers before she realizes what they mean.

   "Oh, are we out of them?" She pushes her chair out and stands up, "Alright, I'll go get some, I'll be right back!" Friend sits still as they watch her walk out of the room with a small wave, keeping their attention on the doorway even after Luna has gone. They eventually turn to look back at Dr.L as the sound of more glasses clanking catches their ear.

   Noticing that he hasn't gone through even half of the box yet, Friend taps on the table to get Dr.L's attention then points to the box then to themself. Dr.L takes a second to understand before he responds, "Uh, sure, you can help if you'd like. Just... put the potions on the shelf with the ones labeled like them."

   Friend gets up and copies what Dr.L does, grabbing a few potions, reading the labels then finding the shelf where they belong and putting them there. Both continue to stack and organize the potions, Friend places a few more on a shelf until they only have one more left on their hand.

   They take a glance at the label and color, looking around they find where they need to put it. Walking up to the shelf, they realize that where they need to put the potion is at the very top and the rack is just a bit too tall for them to reach. Huffing, they look back to see Dr.L turned the other way, more focused on fixing the way the potions are faced to see what the lavender haired figure is doing behind him.

   Wanting to get this done quick and not dally any longer, Friend carefully places one of their feet on the lowest shelf, lifting themself up slightly higher, just enough to push the potion up to where it goes. Once done, they start to slowly lower themself to get back onto solid ground until a shout startles them.

   "FRIEND! WHAT IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE ARE YOU DOING!" Dr.L has just turned around in time to see the other carelessly mess with their surroundings. The sudden shout causes Friend to jolt and lose both their footing and holding on the shelf as they fall back onto the floor. All the moving has caused the shelf to shake rapidly as well, causing a few of the different potions that sit upon them to fall and shatter on the ground, all the different, colorful liquids splashing all over Friend.

   A large cloud of smoke forms from one of the potions, stopping both from moving as their vision is taken away for a few seconds.

   Once the smoke dissipates, Dr.L coughs slightly and waves the rest of the cloud away. He still stands in his spot, not moving as the glass on the floor is a big hazard. He'll have to check which potions those were so he can go back and remake them, and make sure none of them badly affected Friend.

   Speaking of, it takes the doctor to realize that Friend is no longer sat on the floor,nor are they standing. They're gone. This causes Dr.L to slightly panic, thinking they got hit with a sort of invisibility potion.

   "Uh, Friend!? Where ever you are just... don't move! You may be invisible so try not to touch any of the glass, I'll try to find something to fix you in case it was one of the permanents!" He turns around to a different shelf behind him, looking for either a cure or if there's any spare milk laying around... obviously not, but still!

   He looks through the different shelves and potions, reading each label a few times to hopefully find something. Going through only a few until he stops a small, sharp pain hits the back of his foot, making him yelp. He wasn't moving at all so there was no way he could have stepped on any of the shards laying around. Looking down to check what could have hit his foot, he stumbles back and shouts again.

   "FRIEND!!??" Holding onto the harmed part of his foot, Dr.L looks down at the mentioned, who glares back up at him, angrily swinging a small sword towards him. Dr.L bends down and sits on his legs, staring down in disbelief at Friend, who is having a hard time trying to maintain eye contact with the scientist without breaking their back.

   Without uttering a single word, he picks up Friend with both hands, though he could easily just use one he doesn't want to accidentally drop them. Friend is scooped and sat on one of Dr.L's hands as the other wraps around themselves as a barrier.

   Friend silently puts their sword away as the scientist rambles, "How did- What- What potions fell in you? You've gotten so small! I should measure you for record!" He places them down on the counter where Luna and them were making potions.

   While Dr.L rummages through some drawers, Friend explores around the counter, wanting to see the difference in their surroundings. They're such a curious soul, why wouldn't they want to explore this new environment. Walking up to one of the potions bottles they were working on, they're just a few heads taller than it but a ton smaller compared to the brewing stand.

   A very loud slam comes from behind them as Dr.L closes the drawer, now holding a measuring tape as he, carelessly this time, picks up Friend and places them closer to him. He pulls the tape measure out, placing the end right on the counter, or floor for Friend, and holds up the larger bit as he looks to see where they line at.

   "9 inches? Hmm, that's nearly a normal size for an action figure of sorts... Although, those are usually around 11 inches... Strange." He places the tape down and walks over to a different counter, grabbing some papers and charts as he writes it down.

   The soft tapping of feet makes itself known out side the room as Luna turns and enters the room, holding a bag filled with different sorts of ingredients. "Hey Friend! I'm back with the melons, I grabbed some other things too in case we needed-"

   She stops, glancing around the room, taking note of the glass and spills on the floor, along with the doctor who stares dumbfounded at her and the distinct lack of a certain lavender haired person. She mumbles out a quiet my goodness before snapping her attention to Dr.L.

   "What happened!? Where's Friend??! Are they hurt?? What-" She glanced all around the room, hoping to find a single glance of any purple color before Dr.L cuts her off. "They're fine, not hurt! Look, they're right here!"

   He reaches down and quickly grabs Friend off the counter, who was hiding behind a brewer before being held dangerously high and carelessly above the ground. Luna yelps as soon as she sees the smaller, placing her bag down and rushing over to the two, snatching Friend from Dr.L's careless hold.

   She uses both her hands to cradle the purple figure before going on a worried rant. "My goodness!!! You poor small thing! You probably have glass all over you! Are you hurt? Goodness, you were probably so scared getting forced into such a bigger world!"

   Friend actually seems to relax back into Luna's hold, knowing the larger woman wouldn't let them fall as Dr.L speaks up again, "I'm sure they're fine, they would have let us know by now if anything was damaged."

   "Is there a way to change them back? They can't be like this forever! They'd be in so much danger all the time!" Luna press Friend closer to her as she talks, still cradling them. Dr.L gives off a shrug, "I got most of those potions from Amber so I could work on them. If someone would know about them getting mixed up, she would-"

   He immediately gets cut off at the end by Luna rushing over to the door way of the room, "Okay! We should head there now! I don't think them staying like this any longer is a good idea!" Dr.L is barely able to respond or catch up as she takes off around the corner with Friend.

   Luna fast walks down the hall, Friend now slightly holding onto her hands as the sudden quick pace had startled them. She gets to the entrance of the lab and comes to a holt, turning back around to with for the doctor to catch up. Looking down into her hands, Friend is curiously looking around the room.

   Usually Dr.'s lab is always huge, with large wires laying all over the floors but now everything has become even more massive, like a giant or cyclops lives here, which is currently true in their current state. Their viewing of the room comes to a pause as Luna lifts them up a bit higher, still keeping a secure hold on them, "I'm afraid I may drop you, no matter how cautious I might be so I've gotten an idea!"

   She carefully moves so she's only holding Friend with one hand now, using the other to pull the pocket of her overalls open, specifically where the sewn in moon is, as she carefully places them inside. It's quite big, surprisingly for a girls overall, allowing Friend to fully hide inside if they wanted to or if they wanted to look out then they'd have to sit up on their knees.

   She smiles down at them as they poke their head out and continue to look around the room, "There! Much safer!... Probably..." The sound of quick paced feet comes from the hallway they just came from, indicating that Dr.L has finally made his way back up with the two.

------------------------------------------------------------

   Making it to the center of town, or spawn if you will, Friend still keeps their head poked out to, the urge to explore the much larger world they're in becoming stronger. Luna smiles and gives them a small pat on the head with two fingers before her and the doctor make their way off towards an pink-yellow-orangeish house.

   They make it up to the door, giving a few knocks to be responded with a loud thud from the upper floor and loud, rushed steps coming down. Eventually, the door swings open as Amber stands there, with a slightly shriveled appearance that she tries to fix by patting her hair back.

   "Oh, uh- Luna! Dr.L! What brings you two here?" She moves back from the door to give the others room to enter, which they do.

   "Well, L and I have gotten just a tad problem that you may have more of an ability to fix?" Luna shuffles in place a bit as the witch just raises a brow at the two.

   Amber gives a small shrug, "Sure I might, what's the problem?" Luna opens the front pocket of her overalls, carefully picking up Friend and lifting them up for Amber to see.

   Immediately putting a hand up to her mouth, Amber surpresses a laugh as she looks down at the much smaller figure in Luna's hands. A few snickers still come out which Friend responds to by furrowing their brows and blowing a raspberry at her, which makes Amber put her other hand over her mouth as she tries even harder not to laugh.

   She calms down after a few seconds and lets out a small cough, "Sorry- Sorry, I just- That is HILARIOUS!" Amber laughs a bit more as she scoops Friend out of Luna's hold, which she tries to voice out against but isn't able to as the witch continues to talk.

   "When did this happen? Oh, you small little guy!" Amber softens her voice and continues to jokingly mock them in a baby voice. Friend crosses their arms as best they can in Amber's hold and glares up at her.

   "So, do you think you could fix them?" Dr.L speaks up, redirecting Amber's attention. "Huh? Oh, yeah. If this came from a potion effect then yes, I think I'm just missing a few ingredients for the cure."

   Amber pats Friend as she talks, but not as softly as Luna did as she uses her whole hand instead, which takes Friend off guard each time she smoothers them with her hand.

   "What are you missing?" Luna steps forward, keeping her eye on Friend as Amber continues to "pet" them, "Well, I've got most of what's needed. I think I'm just missing some Dragon's Breath and a Enchanted Apple."

   Dr.L also steps forward,"Oh, I've got some Dragon's Breath back at my lab, no apples though.." As he says this, Friend, who is still being roughly pet by Amber, waves their arms around to get the others attention.

   It only seems to attract Luna as she reaches over and takes Friend from Amber, who grumpily frowns. "Oh, Friend. What's wrong?"

   Friend waves their hands around more, singing to Luna as she lifts them up closer to her face to see what they're saying.

   "Oh," Luna looks back up towards the others, "Friend says they have a map to a temple that should have a few Enchanted Apples!"

   "Ah. Well that's... awfully convenient?" Dr.L tilts his head as Amber shrugs, "Doesn't matter, as long as you get the stuff then I can fix them."

   Luna carefully slips Friend back into her overalls pocket, "Well, alrighty! We'll go get Friend's map and get that apple!"

   She quickly turns around and rushes out the door, wanting to quickly get this over with as the witch raises a brow at the doctor, who just shrugs, "Guess I'll go with her and make sure neither of them get too hurt..."

------------------------------------------------------------

   After gathering the map from Friend's place, the three are off on their little family adventure!

   Only a few hundred blocks later in the desert and they're stood infront of a large sandstone temple, slightly large than that of a normal temple. Being cautious, Dr.L heads in first with a torch, leading the way for Luna.

   Eventually, they see light coming from around a corner, which they turn to see a room of lava parkour leading to a large door at the end, that the map in Luna's hands says should be the room with what they need.

   "Oh goodness me..." Luna sighs, placing a hand on her chest as her voice wavers, knowing that she won't do so well here. Usually, Friend would be the one to help her and walk her through any parkour that is obviously out of her skill level but they're currently...

   She feels something small touch her hand, looking down to see Friend standing out more of her pocket, placing their hands onto her big one and giving her a supportive smile. She smiles back down to them as Dr.L speaks up.

   "There seems to be some tripwire around the jumps as well, so we'll need to track through this more carefully..." He steps forward onto the first platform, turning around as he reaches a hand out for Luna to take. Luna smiles at him, placing a hand over the pocket Friend is in and using her other to take Dr.L's, which he helps her step over with him.

   Platform after platform, with Dr.L going on each one first to cut any tripwire there is, eventually they get to the last one. Dr.L helps Luna over to the solid floor that the door is on, which she heaves a sigh of relief once she's no longer near the lava.

   She takes her hand off her pocket, allowing for Friend to poke their head out once again. Dr.L pushes the large door open as Luna checks up on Friend, both walking in to see a throne surrounded by gold and...

   "Tycer? What are you doing here?" Dr.L voices up to the goggle bearing man, who yelps and turns around in surprise.

   "Oh! Hey Doc! Hey Mom!" He waves to them both before immediately shoving his hand into a pile of gold, "I just found this place and I'm taking some of the good loot with me!"

   Friend lifts themself out of Luna's pocket more, ecstatically waving towards the gold-loving man, who notices and gives a small wave back, "Oh, heya Friend! Didn't see you there?"

   He turns back to the gold pile and takes out a handful before raising a brow and snapping his head back around, "Wha- FRIEND!? What in the bloody hell happened to you??"

   Tycer immediately runs up to the three, shoving the gold he had in his hand into his pocket as he stares down at the much, much smaller figure.

   Luna places hand over Friend, not completely covering them but making it so no one can pick them up. "They had bit of a potion accident so we're trying to get the supplies needed to fix them..."

   "Oh, well what do y'all need? There's plenty of gold here! I'm gladly willing to share to help out my best friend!" Tycer places his hands on his hips, proudly smiling like it's a honor to have him share with someone. (Technically, it is-)

   "No gold," Dr.L speaks up and looks around the room, "We're looking for an Enchanted Apple?"

   Tycer throws his brows up, "Ah, well, there's a junk load in that chest over there!" He motions over to a chest that is right next to the golden throne.

   The two give thanks to the prankster, walking over to the chest as Dr.L immediately opens it without a thought, causing a click to sound out as some mobs start to form in the center of the room.

   "Well... That's not good." Dr.L carefully takes out a few of the needed apples from the chest as Luna stares down at him, "Oh no, really? You think?"

   As the group of skeletons and zombies slowly start to venture over to the three, a piece of TNT immediately gets thrown in the middle of the mobs, exploding and killing half of them. They look over to see Tycer, taking out another piece of dynamite and his sword, waving over to the group.

   "You guys get outta here, I can handle them!" He slashes through a zombie that gets too close to him as Luna worriedly shouts back, "Are you sure? He can stay and help!"

   Tycer waves dismissively at them, "No, I- or, I mean- Yes, I'm sure! Just get outta here and fix Friend for me!" He quickly dodged a few arrows shot at him before he stabs through another zombie.

   "Thank you! We'll- uh, repay you later!?" Luna and Dr.L quick rush around the mobs and down through a different corridor, hoping to find a different exit.

   Tycer rolls his eyes and shouts back to them, "Just fix Friend for me-" He gets cut off as an arrow gets shot into his shoulder, making him focus back on the fight, "Ay! Ya' Muppet!"

------------------------------------------------------------

  After finding an exit and another few hundred blocks of walking again, they three make it back to town. They go through the forest to make it to Dr.L's lab, going to grab the Dragon's Breath then immediately head back to Amber.

   They get inside and Luna takes Friend out of her pocket, placing them down on a counter, "There, safer! Now no need to worry about you falling out of my pocket because of me moving around to much!"

   Luna continues to ramble on a bit, seemingly talking to herself as she paces around a bit. Friend walks over to an open window once Luna turns away, looking out as they watch the much larger insects.

   Even when they hear Luna and Dr L chatting behind them, they don't turn back around, watching the much larger world with wonder in their eyes until, of course, a shadow over takes the light and they're quickly picked up and out from the window.

   The person holding them is not as soft as Luna is yet their hands are also a bit too large to be Dr.L's...

   "Well aren't you just the cutest thing ever!!~" The voice comes out playful yet has a dark ring to it. Friend shuffles around in the persons hold, finally lifting their head up past the strangers fingers, just to be met with a sharp, canine grin.

   Avery stares down back at them, wonder and admiration filling their eyes as they stare down at the figure in their hands, "Aren't you just so cute! You look so sweet like this! I could just eat you up~"

   The last sentence makes Friend tense up, the sharp fangs right in front of them not calming them down either. Eventually, the large door to Dr.L's lab opens as both he and Luna rush out.

   Dr.L stares as the creature in annoyance as Luna has a look of pure fear and worry.

   "Avery! Put them down! We're trying to help and fix them!" Luna steps forward first, Friend just now noticing the bat in her hand.

   Avery only responds by tilting their head in a innocent manner, "Fix? But there is nothing to fix! There's no need to fix something that isn't broken~" They mess around with Friend's hair a bit, like one would with a doll, softly caressing Friend with a finger or two.

   Dr.L groans, "There is plenty of reasons on why they should be fixed! This island is much too dangerous for anyone to be at that height! Especially if one of it's residents is you."

   They glare back at the doctor, yet their grin only widens, "Oh, I'll show you dangerous."

   Avery keeps a tight hold on Friend as they immediately start to stalk up to the two. Dr.L stays in a defensive stance but backs up slightly, Luna backs up as well. Only a few blocks away from pouncing on the two, Avery suddenly freezes in their spot, an orange hue surrounding them as a voice calls out from the side.

   "The only thing you'll be doing is putting them down as asked." Amber walks up between the three, or four, her staff in hand as it also has an orange glowing hue coming off of it.

   Avery hisses when the witch comes into view, realizing there's no way for them to fight back, they loosen their hold on Friend, letting them drop down into Amber's hands. Amber carefully holds them with two hands as to not pressure them anymore while Avery glares down at everyone in front of them.

   Walking up to Dr.L and Luna, Amber hands Friend over to the white haired woman, who quickly takes them with both hands while the witch speaks up again.

   "Got back to my place, the recipe list should be there. Just follow what it says." Amber grabs onto her staff again as she keeps it pointed towards Avery, "I'm not letting you go till Friend's fixed."

   Avery growls down at the witch, who only glares up to the creature, the other three slowly making their way away from the situation to finally help their little friend.

------------------------------------------------------------

   Now back inside the large, orangeish house, Luna and Dr.L pace around to find all the ingredients listed in the book on the table while Friend sits next to it, watching them run back and fourth.

   Dr.L carefully pours the Dragon's Breath into a brewing stand as Luna cuts the Enchanted Gapple into small bit, also dumping them into the brewer.

   Some Netherwarts, Glistening Melons, String and a few small bits of Amethyst added in too, now the three are left sitting around the brewing stand, waiting for it to finish boiling and mixing the ingredients together.

   As soon as the soft bubbling comes to an end, Luna is quick to pick up the potion bottle, only stopping to think once she looks back down at Friend on the table.

   "Uh, how are we supposed to... Let me try-" She holds the potion just above Friend, tilting it ever so slightly until a small drop of the potion slips out and floods over Friend.

   Luna jumps back with a yelp, thinking she may have hurt them until a cloud of smoke envelopes the room, the sound of things falling and crashing onto the floor follow soon after.

   Waving the smoke away, Dr.L and Luna are met with the view of Friend, back to normal size and soaked wet now, sitting on the table they were once small on with everything that was on the table now knocked onto the floor.

   Slowly making their way off the table, Friend grabs hold of the end of their sweater, twisting it to try and dry it until they're immediately engulfed in Luna's embrace.

   "Oh goodness! I'm so glad you're back to yourself again! I- oh, ew-" She backs away almost as quickly as she hugged them after realizing the front of her overalls were now wet.

   Dr.L chuckles at the interaction, "Probably should have let them drink the potion instead of pouring it over them."

   "I didn't pour it over them, it was a small drop!" Luna crosses her arms as Friend gives a soft, uncaring shrug. The small group's attention gets drawn away as another voice joins in.

   "Oh, good to see you fixed them." Amber makes her way up the steps and into the room, brushing off some dirt that covers her clothes, which Dr.L raises a brow at.

   "What happened to you?" He watches as the witch stops and stares at him with and unamused expression, "What do you think happened?"

   Suddenly, someone bursts through the window, standing up quickly after like it was nothing and wiping the bits of glass of their clothes before shouting, "DID SOMEONE SAY TNT!!??"

************************************

   This took forever :[
Like 3 dang months!??? Geez- Tried not to make this too long but not too short- I'd say 4k words is pretty good!

   There's probably a few mistakes as I suck at proof reading-

   I genuinely don't know how to end a oneshot- Tycer is a funky guy-
Sorry for being gone, I'm cooking up a few other oneshots that shouldn't take so long to write! So be prepared!

   Also, because this was requested like 3 months ago, Ava and Jax aren't in here at all because this was before they joined, otherwise I would have definitely added them-

   Mama Luna >>>>>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 6.5K 64
Markiplier x Reader imagines and maybe one or two chapters of Septiplier just because I can't resist. Some fluffy ones, some funny ones. Some weird...
174 19 5
"There's always that one person that makes you the happiest you've ever been. But sometimes, it's not always meant to be. Would you still take that r...
24.8K 541 41
I decided to write some oneshots, because why not? The oneshotes are going to be from those youtubers: Skydoesminecraft House_Owner ThatguyBarney Red...
88.8K 3.8K 33
::DISCONTINUED:: just random little ideas/ficlets i write about septiplier!