Wicked Game

By nezabravka8

What if Jax Teller didn't die on the day he was planning to take his own life via semi-truck collision like h... More

Wicked Game
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 4

366 12 8
By nezabravka8

Monday Morning (Jax's first work day)

Jax set an alarm for 5am, but got up fifteen minutes before the alarm. After he got done with his shower, he stepped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around his waist. He turned around and caught a glance of the SAMCRO Reaper tattoo on his back in the mirror.

Just like his kutte, he has a dilemma about how to get rid of it. He still remembers the rules how ex-members have to remove the tattoo if they're not part of the club. He also has another thought about the tattoo. He could try to remove it via laser removal, but it would be very expensive considering how big it is in size. His next thought is a bit twisted. Maybe he shouldn't remove the tattoo and leave it as a reminder for everything he has done when he was in the club. The tattoo needs to be a reminder for all the pain he has caused and also the pain he received. He needs to live with all of the horrible decisions he has made.

#

Jax pulled his bike into a parking spot at Nelson's Auto Shop. Day one, this is it. He's officially a mechanic and only that. He will get to work the one job he knows that he can do without a doubt. He took off his helmet and sunglasses. He looked at the entrance and saw the other mechanics walking into the building. He followed them.

(AN: Adam Nelson)

Adam walked past the front desk and saw Jax. "Teller, you made it in. Here is your employee ID number. There's a phone in the room before my office. You clock in on the phone by dialing the phone number assigned on it then enter your employee ID number followed by the pound key a.k.a. #. Same procedure for when you clock out." Adam explained. Jax nodded his head and went to the room. After clocking in, Jax returned to the front desk. "Violet, get the uniform for Mr.Teller." He instructed. Violet returned and handed a pair of the Nelson Auto coveralls, tossing them over to Jax.

Jax tried not to smile at how "welcoming" the receptionist is. "Thanks, Violet." He said.

"Yeah, you're welcome. Have a wonderful first day." She answered and got back to her book.

Adam and Jax stepped away from the desk. "She's very charming." Jax said.

"Tell me about it." Adam muttered. "I'm giving her one more week and if she doesn't improve, then I'm going to let her go." He changed the topic. "Get changed. You'll be working with Martin for the whole week."

"I know how to work on cars." Jax defended himself. "I don't need to be trained. I've been working on cars since I was a teenager."

"Well, you'll be working with Martin until I'm absolutely sure you can work on your own." Adam insisted. "Last time I checked, I'm the boss here and I have the final say."

Jax realized he lost the battle and walked to the locker room. He unbuttoned his shirt before pulling on the coveralls.

#

Jax was wrong about his initial desire to work by himself. Martin is a fun person to work with. He definitely reminded Jax of Piney in looks but also in personality. It felt like he was reunited with an old friend again in an odd way. There was a sense of home about him that made Jax slightly let his guard down. Martin had been working on cars before he was a teen. Just like Jax, this is what he knew best. They worked on installing a transmission for a Toyota Corolla which was brought in the other day. Jax completely forgot about Martin's face resembling Piney. It didn't matter that he resembled Piney. Martin is a kind man and they had a great rapport while they worked. Martin told him about his children and grandchildren. His daughters don't live in Harmony, but they try to visit as often as possible. He gets to see the grandchildren on their birthdays and holidays. Martin asked Jax if he has children and a significant other. He noticed that Jax avoided the question, so Martin changed the topic. He took no offense.

#

Kate couldn't believe her luck. Her car was working fine when she arrived at the salon. Now she has a dead battery and apparently she disregarded on the sticker at what mileage she was supposed to change the oil. She took out her cell phone and dialed the number for Nelson's Auto Shop.

"Nelson's Auto Shop. This is Adam." Adam greeted.

"Adam, it's me, Kate." Kate said.

"Kate Dawson, how are you?" Adam said.

"Not so great." Kate said.

"How can I help?" Adam asked.

"My car has a dead battery and apparently I also neglected to change the oil for my car. I feel so embarrassed and dumb. I thought I turned the headlights off. I've just been having an overall bad day." Kate admitted.

"Don't worry about it. I'll send a tow truck with one of my mechanics. Where are you right now?" Adam asked.

"I'm in front of the hair salon. I just got done with my shift." Kate leaned against her car.

"I'll send Kyle with the tow truck. He should be there in about twenty minutes." Adam mentioned.

"Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver." Kate let out a sigh of relief.

"You're welcome, Kate." Adam said. "Sit tight and I'll let Kyle know you're waiting."

"Again, thank you." Kate said. The call ended.

"Kyle." Adam called and walked into the mechanics station.

Kyle stopped working and looked up. "Yeah, boss?"

"Get the tow truck. Kate Dawson just called me. Her car won't start and she also needs an oil change. She's standing in front of the hair salon. Go pick her up." Adam instructed.

Kyle's face lit up after Adam walked out. He started to talk to Mark, another mechanic. "Mark, guess who I'll be picking up with the tow truck."

"Who?" Mark wondered.

"Kate Dawson." Kyle answered. "She's quite the babe."

"Dude, isn't she like 45?" Mark asked.

Kyle's face scrunched up. "What? No. She's in her 30s. Her car won't start and she needs an oil change too."

Jax had gotten up to stretch a bit. He felt a bit stiff after not working as a mechanic for the last couple of years. He overheard the conversation about some woman named Kate Dawson and how Kyle is gaga for her. Jax can't blame the kid for his excitement. When he was 21, any woman he saw always looked beautiful to him.

#

Half an hour later

Kate and Kyle walked in the auto shop. She saw Adam standing next to the front desk. "Hey, Adam." She said.

"Hey, Kate." Adam said.

"So, how long is it going to take?" She asked.

"No more than twenty five minutes to fix both issues." Adam mentioned. "I'll let the new mechanic fix your car."

"New mechanic?" Kate asked.

"Yeah, Freddie quit two weeks ago. I hired Teller to be the new mechanic. Today is his first day." Adam said.

"Teller?" Kate wondered. "Is that his last name?"

Adam nodded his head. "Yeah, he's in the back working with Martin. So far he seems to be doing well. Can you believe on the first day he asked me if he could work alone? I assigned him to work with Martin until I'm sure he can work on his own. I'm not taking any risks."

"Well, you've got a new mechanic. This could be a good thing. New things are supposed to make life better." Kate said.

"I guess." Adam somewhat agreed. "Hey Teller, come here." Adam yelled.

"Jax, Adam's calling you." Martin let him know after Jax came back from the break room carrying a bottle of Sprite. "We've got a customer."

Jax nodded his head and walked to the front desk. "What is it? Martin told me you needed me." He didn't notice the customer and was facing Adam.

"I just got a customer who needs oil change for her car and a jump start." Adam said. "She's sitting over there." He pointed to the waiting area. "Kyle brought her car to the back. It's a red Toyota Avalon. It's your new assignment." Adam handed Jax the keys. "When you're done, bring back the keys to her."

(AN: Listen to this song until the end of the chapter.)

Jax nodded his head and looked in the direction where Adam said the customer is sitting and it was the same blonde woman who stared at him from across the street last week. She was reading a magazine. He found himself staring at her, unable to rip his eyes away. For some reason he found the glow of her blonde hair reflecting in the sunlight to be a very beautiful sight. She was talking with another customer. The other customer must have told a joke because the blonde woman started laughing. The blonde woman's smile radiated joy.

Jax felt his lips involuntarily stretched into a smirk when her blues suddenly met his. Kate is shocked. The new mechanic turned out to be the man she saw across the street. He also happened to be the man all of the ladies at the salon can't stop talking about. She politely smiled at him.

 Jax quickly turned around and walked back to the area where he was working with Martin. Jax told Martin what needed to be done for the customer's car before he lowered his gaze and began working.

#

Twenty minutes later

After Jax did the oil change and Martin supervised with the jump start, he stood near the window where he could see the waiting area. Kate is still sitting there, but this time she's talking on a cell phone.

Martin noticed how quiet Jax got after Adam told him about Kate. Martin also noticed how Jax kept looking at Kate. "Did you need a hand lifting your jaw off the ground, Jax?" He joked.

The comment snapped Jax and he turned around. "What?"

Martin laughed. "Just checking to see if you're okay. Your demeanor changed since Kate's arrival. You keep looking at her."

"It's nothing." Jax said.

"Oh, really? It definitely looked like something to me." Martin mentioned.

"It's not." Jax emphasized.

"She's a kind person. Everyone likes her." Martin said. "Some of the residents have a nickname for her. They call her Harmony's sweetheart."

Jax didn't say anything. He got so frustrated. This cannot be happening. He made two promises to himself: he just wanted to be another face which blends into the crowd and not to get involved with a woman. The first promise is already broken due to Allison's caring nature. Promise number two isn't going to happen. Tara paid the price because of him. This woman will not suffer the same fate. This woman needs to stay away from him at all costs. She probably has a boyfriend or husband. Suddenly, a short blonde girl ran into the auto shop and wrapped her arms around Kate's legs. Kate lifted the girl in her arms and kissed her cheek.

The girl giggled and said, "I'm a big girl, mommy. You're not supposed to kiss me on the cheek in public." Jax felt a sense of relief that she's already spoken for. He dodged a bullet. No way was he going to get involved with a married woman.

"Here are the keys for Kate's car." Martin said and handed him to Jax.

"You give them to her." Jax quietly said.

"Adam said you should give them back." Martin said.

Jax shook his head. "Martin, give the keys to Kate." He insisted.

"But Jax-" Martin said.

"Don't make me repeat myself a third time. You go over there and give her the keys." Jax begged.

"Okay, Jax." Martin finally gave up and went to the waiting area.

#

Jax was quiet for the rest of the shift. He did everything that needed to be done. Adam came in the back and announced the shop is closing. Jax felt very relieved to hear that.

He clocked out and took off the coveralls and put them in the locker. He got on his motorcycle and drove back to the Country Haven B &B.

"Good evening, Mr.Mechanic. You got through your first day" Allison greeted. Jax just nodded his head and walked past her. "Are you all right, Jax?" Allison got concerned.

"I had a long day, Allison. I don't feel like talking. I would appreciate it if you or the other employees didn't disturb me tonight." He said.

"Uh, of course. You won't hear a word from us." Allison agreed but felt worried about him.

#

Jax sat on the floor and stared at the wall across from him. Why did Kate have to make him smile with her smile? His plan was going so well. Why did she have to show up where he works? After seeing Kate hug her daughter, it made him think of when he said goodbye to Abel and Thomas. That was the hardest thing he ever had to do in his entire life.

Jax felt a lump form in his throat and he couldn't back the tears anymore.

He opened the drawer next to his bed and took out a bottle which contained vodka. He bought it from a convenience store near one of the motels he stayed at. He took a long gulp from the bottle, letting the vodka make its way down his throat. He took another gulp hoping to erase the memory of everyone he knew from Charming. He didn't care about anything. Everything he ever loved died back in Charming. The one promise he would absolutely keep is for Abel and Thomas to have a normal life. What kind of a father was he when he couldn't even manage to do this one basic duty? Jax finally realized how much he failed as a father. He put the bottle back in the drawer and got in bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 981 35
SPN/SOA AU Ellyana "Ella" Teller is the little sister of Jackson "Jax" Teller. Unlike her brother, Ella graduated from high school and decided to do...
356K 7K 25
Killer Love is set a year after the horrible tragedy of Tara's death. Jax is still mourning the death of his wife and he's trying to figure how to be...
884K 16.2K 44
I freeze at the sound of the all to familiar woman's voice, a voice I haven't heard in twelve years. I swallow and shake my head, gathering my though...