𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 , harry potter

By mvltiverse

in which estrella consuelas finds herself holding harry potter's heart in her hands and realises what it's li... More

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝟎𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟎𝟗
𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝟎𝟏𝟏
𝟎𝟏𝟐

𝟎𝟎𝟕

213 11 25
By mvltiverse

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟕 ;

𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥

『••✎••』

' Dear Mariposa,

I hope you're settling in quite nicely at your new school. Have they sorted you into houses? Which one have you achieved? I'll bet it is something promising.

How are your studies coming along? Have you been doing your pre-reading as I suggested? And not of those plant books or books about monsters - your charms, stuns, jinxes, and transfiguring - those will be helping you in the real world.

The house is very quiet without you, your mother and I have been spending a lot of time together recently, you must come and see us during the Christmas break although I suppose you will want to spend that time with your friends? Let us know, we could plan a trip back home and celebrate with the rest of the family. Your grandmother and grandfather have sent you some gifts to commemorate this new feat, I trust you will be writing back with gratitude.

Your mother has asked me to insert a couple of photos from last year in this envelope too, we made sure to send the pictures you look beautiful in. We miss you Mariposa, it will be good to see you again soon.

I trust when the time comes you will have great news regarding your examination results to share. You mentioned wanting to try Quidditch? I have written to your uncle to provide his newest design of a broom for you - he calls it a 'FireBolt', the fastest broom of the century, that ought to keep you ahead.

Your mother says she loves and misses you very much and will be writing to you soon, she is currently away with her friends for an engagement party so I have been spending some time alone.

Work hard Mariposa, make us proud.

Love,

Your father. '

Estrella couldn't hold back her tears. Make us proud If anything running out of a lesson crying was the exact opposite. How does she expect to amount to anything if she can't even turn a Boggart into a laughingstock? Re-reading this letter, she couldn't force herself to write a response, nothing her father would want to hear would come from it.

After her episode yesterday, Estrella kept to herself most of the classes, her friend's attempts to console her being in vain. She felt her stomach rumble, placing a hand over it she looked over at the clock - 10:15 - if she headed down now she would be able to eat the plate Isabella saved her and wave everyone goodbye. She placed the letter on her nightstand and stood to walk out of her dorm when something falling caught the peripheral of her eye.

Estrella bent down retrieving 4 pictures all depicting a happy moment of her past life with friends, family and her cousins and her father was right - she did look beautiful. Life was easier then, albeit 2 of these pictures were taken a couple of months ago. Everything was normal, everything was the same. I better save these to show Harry...and the others She thought, tucking them in the envelope before making her way out of the dungeons and to the Great Hall.

"Ella!" She heard her name being called. Looking up she saw all her friends congregating on the Gryffindor table, Inaya waving at her to come and join them. As soon as she was in arms reach, Inaya jumped up, throwing her arms around her.

"Bloody hell Inaya, let the girl breathe," Ron exclaimed, grabbing her by the waist to pry her off Estrella.

"Sorry," She winced. "I just missed you that's all."

"No it's okay," Estrella smiled, "I didn't talk to you much yesterday and it feels like were never together."

"How do you feel?" Inaya asked her tentatively, making space between her and Ron to allow her to sit down. Estrella looked around at her friend's faces and sighed.

"I'm just embarrassed," She started. "I haven't always been the best at defensive magic but the last time I faced a Boggart it turned into a large tiger but this one," Her eyes flickered to Harry who was looking down at his hands, "Seeing myself dead, knowing that-"

"Third Years you have 5 minutes to meet me in the courtyard with your permission slips, if you haven't got it signed or you're late then you won't be going," Filch shouted the best he could, standing at the entrance of the Great Hall. "I don't make the rules!"

"You guys better get going, I don't want to make you late."

"What do you mean? You aren't coming?"

"My father thinks I'd be better off studying so he hasn't signed the permission slip and before you ask, no my mother can't because she would rather not get into an argument with my father about my education."

"Well you need to stop leaving us in the dark," Kiana stated as the group walked out of the Great Hall to the courtyard. "Something is going on that both you and Harry won't tell us and I'm sick of all the secrets."

"We're all friends for a reason," Hermione looked between all of their faces. "We have to be able to trust each other with all kinds of things or what is the point."

"You're right Hermione," Harry sighed, as he fished out a crumpled, unsigned permission slip from his pocket. "Once you're all back and we get the chance, we'll tell you everything."

"Harry-"

"Butterfly come on, you know we can't hide this for much longer...they deserve to know."

Estrella stared at him for a few moments, "Fine. But we do it when I'm ready and we do it together."

Harry nodded, looking back at his friends with a promise before darting after Professor McGonagall. "Remember these visits to Hogsmeade visit are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school, in any way, that privilege will not be extended again."

She glanced her eyes at Harry who held his permission slip in his hand, "No signed permission slip, no visiting the village. That's the rule, Potter." She cut past him to lead the rest of the year group towards the exit grounds.

Harry slipped in front of her, "Professor I thought if you signed it then I could go."

"I can't, only a parent or guardian can sign. Since I am neither it would be inappropriate."

"Professor! You know I am disadvantaged on both those accounts, please! It'll be a good charity if you help an orphan."

McGonagall eyes narrowed, "Potter my word is final. I'm sorry but I'm sure Miss Consuelas can keep you company."

Harry huffed, his eyes meeting Estrella's who were brimming with tears of laughter. He turned around to the rest of the gang who shrugged their shoulders helplessly. "Forget it guys," Harry sighed. "Ella and I will see you later."

"Don't get too lonely without us Orphan!" Isabella teased as she walked away, blowing a kiss to Estrella. The rest of the gang waved the two of them goodbye, rushing after Professor McGonagall and the rest of the year group. The two could faintly hear Kiana's protests as she and Ron argued about which way to walk.

"Good charity if you help an orphan? Have you lost your mind?" Estrella giggled walking back into the castle with Harry,

"It was the last straw, what else would you expect me to do?" Harry raised his hands in the air indignantly.

"I don't know, maybe forge your Uncle's signature?"

"There's got to be a spell that recognises that."

"Well, aren't you out of luck?" She sighed, wiping the tears from her cheeks. "I'm heading to the Library to write back to my father and read more about what's going on with us...care to join me?" Estrella pointed behind her.

"Fat chance, the Library is the last place I want to wallow in my self-pity. I think I'll take a walk. See you in a bit Butterfly."

"Bye Harry," Estrella smiled, turning on her heel and heading to the Library.

『••✎••』

"Professor, can I ask you something?"

Harry found himself wandering out towards the school grounds, walking along the bridge and bumping into Professor Lupin. The two stood in silence a little while before Harry asked the question, admiring the beauty that is the school and the vast expanse of nature surrounding it.

"You want to know why I stopped you facing that Boggart, yes? I thought it would be obvious, I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort."

"I did think of Voldemort at first, but then I remembered that night on the train and the dementor."

"I am very impressed, that suggests that what you fear the most is fear itself. This is very wise."

"But it's different for Estrella," Harry started. "Her ultimate fear is death but she is also scared of me, of us."

"I must say, Harry," Lupin started, wandering off to the other side of the bridge. "I have not come across a situation like yours therefore I am very little help, however, that does mean there is someone who might."

"Professor, how do I fight it? I constantly feel this urge to be near her, I feel this pull in my stomach that seems to..."

"Dull your senses? Suck you into an infatuation? Hone your focus to solely feeling the base desire to just give in?"

"Well yes," Harry blinked owlishly, looking back at Lupin. "Exactly that. How do I overcome it?"

"You can't, that's the simplest answer I can give you Harry. You can prolong it, you can create distance, you can try to get rid of it with any method known to man, no matter how absurd but," Lupin sighed, hanging his head as though the weight of the world was resting on his shoulders. "it will always find it's way to fruition."

"So that's it then...Ella's going to die if we let this bond form?" Harry fully turned around, resting against the pillar behind him as he played with his fingers nervously.

"Again Harry, it is not my place to tell you what is and what isn't."

"If Ella really does die...I will have lost the second woman in my life I didn't even get the chance to love."

Lupin felt his heart crack, watching Harry's forlorn expression as the young wizard turned around to take in the view.

"The very first time I saw you Harry, I recognised you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes...They're your mother Lily's. Yes, Oh yes I knew her. "

Harry felt his heart squeeze at the mention of his mother.

"Your mother was there for me at a time no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman." A small smile started to etch onto Harry's face. "She had a way of always seeing the beauty in others even, and most especially when that person could not see it in themselves."

"Your father, James, on the other hand, had a certain talent for trouble." Lupin smiled, shaking his head. Oh how desperately he missed his best friend. 12 years of life alone was torture, and with Sirius and Peter absent too, he felt as though he was wading through mud. "A talent, rumour has it, he passed on to you."

"You more like them than you know Harry," Lupin assured him. It felt surreal and both Lily and James were gone but their son was standing next to him. The young soul encompassed two of the most important people in his life.

"You are their best qualities mixed into one, which is why I know when the time comes for you and Miss Consuelas to bridge onto the next step of your future you both will be just fine."

"I guess we really can't be without each other," Harry smiled to himself.

"Yes...in time you'll come to see just how much."

『••✎••』

Estrella was on the hunt for Harry and she knew exactly where to find him. Their bond guided her through the maze that was the unfamiliar Hogwarts corridors and the pull in her stomach got stronger and stronger as she neared him. Turning left, she made her way down to the exit of the castle where he was, slowly walking up the steps with Professor Lupin by his side.

"Harry!" She waved, her thick Spanish accent reaching his ears. He perked up, his eyes immediately finding her silhouette.

"I'll see you around Professor," Harry bid Lupin goodbye, rushing over to Estrella with a smile.

"Hey Butterfly," He smiled, his red cheeks flushing further as he studied her face. Estrella rolled her eyes, turning around and walking ahead.

"I found out a couple of things at the Library," She started, turning around to see if Harry was following, and of course, he was. "But I got bored very quickly - the only thing I found was someone called animae dimidium which translates to 'half my soul' - however all the excerpt said was everything we already know, that it's very rare and, get this," She stopped in the middle, spinning around without warning. Harry had no time to pause and stumbled into her, grabbing her waist to stop them from falling.

"My grandmother was mentioned..." She trailed off, entranced by Harry's eyes and felt the familiar sensation of her body locking in place.

"Yeah?" Harry whispered, dazed by her beauty. "What else did it say?"

"J-just that she is the last known person and that-" Estrella gasped, eyes wide as Harry fully leaned to hug her, arms tightening around her waist. "That her cause of death is unknown."

"They'll soon be writing about us next," Harry watched from over her shoulder as the golden wisps started to form, pulsing brighter the longer they held on.

"Harry please, let me go," Estrella begged, trying to pull away but it was too strong.

"I can't Butterfly, my arms won't move."

"And what do we have here?" A voice drawled out from behind them and in a flash, Harry and Estrella felt a force drive between them and push them both out of each other's arms. "Aren't you two a little too young to be...canoodling in the corridors?"

Professor Snape's beady eyes darted between the two of them as if expecting an answer but hearing Estrella stammer an excuse he cut her off. "I have only come to tell you both that Professor Dumbledore has asked to see you two in his office, please do not torture me with any petty excuses."

"Thank you, Professor," Estrella looked over at Harry whose glare directed at Snape was unwavering. "We will both be on our way."

Estrella started walking down the hallway, turning around to see the young wizard still hadn't moved. "Harry vamos! We can't keep the Headmaster waiting." Reluctantly he joined her, taking the lead to Dumbledore's office.

"I'll snip his hair off, no! Even worse I'll actually wash it for him." Harry threatened, making Estrella burst out in laughter.

"Harry," She wheezed, holding her stomach. "You are horrible!"

"Thank you, thank you," He bowed, "I do try."

Upon reaching Dumbledore's office Harry realised they didn't have the password. "Well it's got to be a sweet, it's always a sweet." Harry started, turning to Estrella for help.

"Umm...Chocolate Frogs?" She called out. No movement.

"Lemon Drop?" Harry asked and received silence, "That was the password last year but I guess it's changed."

"Oh what if it's a flavour of those beans...Bertie Botts?" Estrella exclaimed.

"We will be as old as Dumbledore if we try each name of those." Harry snorted, "How about...Sherbert Lemon?"

"Harry this is pointless," Estrella whined, fifteen minutes passed by and to no avail, they could not figure out the stupid password. "Let's go find Professor Snape and ask him."

"Why he didn't just tell us earlier is beyond me," Harry grumbled. "Trust him to rather argue with a student than be helpful."

"Well I wouldn't say you two were arguing, it was more like a staring contest. It was very...romantic." She brought a finger to her temple in mock thought.

"I'll shove you," Harry started and was met with her loud laughter. His favourite thing was to make her smile, Merlin, his favourite thing was Estrella period. No matter the short amount of time they knew each other, he was obsessed and he didn't mind one bit.

"Have you tried Acid Pops?" A thick Spanish voice rang out from behind them. The two teens whipped around their eyes darting over the portraits on the wall and caught sight of a man staring down at them.

"No...we haven't," Harry started. "Wait...who are you?"

"My name is Alejandro Consuelas, I just so happen to be"

"My great great grandfather!" Estrella gasped, "Why is there a portrait of you at Hogwarts?"

"Well you see Mariposa, when you're as heroic as me you tend to be remembered."

"In a hallway?-" Harry looked left and right. Estrella shushed him.

"Abuelo isn't all you did find a species of Caipora?"

"Yes, and it was a lengthy life-or-death process!" He huffed indignantly.

"I mean yeah you lost an arm but you still lived for like another 40+ years." Estrella shrugged, trailing off as his glare hardened.

'Begone with you both!" He shouted angrily, "You children never learn respect! Next time return to me with some manners."

Harry and Estrella shared a look, backing away and heading back to the golden statue.

"Acid Pops," Harry called out and finally a booming sound was heard. The statue curved away from them with specks of stone dust seeping from the corners, revealing a stone staircase for the two to climb.

"The Headmaster is a fancy man," Estrella whispered in amazement, climbing the staircase and entering after Harry into his office.

Dumbledore's office was a large circular room filled with rare and unusual artifices. Portraits dotted the walls, of what Estrella gathered as previous Headmasters and mistresses of the school and in all its glory, just above Dumbledore's desk, sat Fawkes, "A phoenix!" Estrella shrieked, covering her hands in her mouth.

"Merlin's beard Butterfly...ow?!"Harry jumped, slapping his hand over his right ear and looking at Estrella with wide eyes.

"Sorry," She apologised absentmindedly, walking past Harry and behind Dumbledore's desk to admire the Phoenix.

"That's Fawkes," Harry started, coming up behind her. "I owe him my life, last summer while I fought a Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, Fawkes blinded it for me and then after it was dead and I brought Ginny back from near-dead, he flew me, Ron, Isabella and Professor Lockhart all out of the Chamber-"

"Woah woah woah! Slow down, rewind, what the hell did you just say?" Estrella turned to him gobsmacked.

"Well that was a summary but I can go into further detail-"

"Another time." Dumbledore's voice rang out. The two turned their heads to see the Headmaster standing at the top of a staircase. "Hogwarts owes Harry a great debt and I, for one, would be bragging about the last two victories too but we have more important matters to discuss."

"Well I wouldn't say I was bragging..." Harry mumbled while Estrella, catching Harry's eyes, mouthed 'two' in total shock, her fascination with him growing.

"I have asked you both to visit me today as, well, you are both aware there is something between you." Dumbledore gestured for the two of them to sit down.

"Animae Dimidium it's called, a soulmate. Why this bond has fallen into your fate is still unclear to me but once the bond forms it will split your souls and you will carry on as two halves. You will be linked inevitably, you feel the same emotions, and you can communicate as naturally as thoughts occur in your mind."

"Professor," Estrella started, "My mother told me this bond was the cause of my Grandmothers' death, she says if Harry and I are to complete this I will die."

"Well, there is a partial truth in your mother's words. Yes, if Harry was to be hurt or even die then that same fate would replicated onto you but no, the initial bond formation will not cause you to die."

Estrella furrowed her eyebrows, if that is the case, why is Mama so adamant this isn't a good thing?

"My mother wouldn't lie about something like this Headmaster, if my Grandmother has passed, how is it that my Grandfather is still alive?"

Dumbledore stayed silent for a moment or two, wondering how he could answer this without giving too much away. "The death of your Grandmother is unknown Miss Consuelas. It could've been that maybe their soulmate bond was different to yours therefore they were linked in another way."

"But if my Grandparents were still half of each other-"

"Miss Consuelas, I apologise but I can only tell you what I know."

Estrella paused, leaning back in her chair, "And that is?"

"Both you and Harry have a prophesied destiny, at the moment what it is is unclear, and to complete this prophecy, to fulfil your destiny, it may be that one of you must give your half to defeat his enemy."

"Lord Voldemort," Harry whispered.

"Has this bond already matured?" Dumbledore asked them, his blue eyes darting between them. Both Harry and Estrella shook their heads.

"The more the two of you fight it, the harder it will be to resist. Any slight touch will be hard to let go of and will get to a point where magic cannot intervene. This is fate, this bond has to mature for the greater good if not you two may grow deathly ill."

We really can't win Harry sighed to himself, looking over at Estrella who was lost in thought.

"How will life be with this bond? What does it stop Harry and me from doing?"

Dumbledore adjusted himself in his chair, "Well being separated is not ideal as the bond will be strained and again cause you to become deathly ill."

"As your pain is shared, you both will have to endure it and that may affect your quality of life as you are aware Miss Consuelas is a woman and such things they have in their monthly moon cycle-"

"He's talking about my period," Estrella glanced over at Harry.

"What the hell is that?"

"Seriously?"

"How is you going through a phase or having time off going to affect me?"

"Harry?! My period is when I bleed from downstairs for a week and go through these most painful cramps ever all while having to smile and act like everything is normal."

"You bleed-"

"You two!" Dumbledore cut them off. "What I am trying to say is that overall this bond will not do much to harm you but is more there to ensure you both have a constant reliance on and partner within each other. It doesn't hurt that you don't need to find love as it's already found you." He smiled at the two of them, his eyes dancing with mirth.

Harry and Estrella blushed, avoiding eye contact as they nodded. "If that's all Professor I think we will be on our way." Harry coughed, standing abruptly and letting his chair screech. Turning on his heel he walked down the steps and towards the exit.

Estrella went to follow but paused as a question rang through her mind, "Professor Dumbledore, you said the maturation of our bond is required 'for the greater good' - what do you mean by that?"

Dumbledore, again, fidgeting with one of the many rings adorning his fingers. "Well I only mean to say to avoid any trips to the Hospital Wing, it's best you two allow things to run their due course."

"Right, well...thank you for your time Headmaster."

"Farewell Miss Consuelas." Dumbledore bid her goodbye, standing up to pet Fawkes.

There is something odd about him Estrella thought as she walked out, glancing back to see Dumbledore talking to his phoenix lowly. Something he is hiding.

『••✎••』

"The Shrieking Shack was insane!" Isabella exclaimed, filling in Estrella about their Hogwarts trip. "Ron, Kiana and Hermione wanted to tag along but Ron being Ron got caught up in Honeydukes. We literally had to pull him out!"

"Sounds like you guys had such a good time!" Estrella giggled, her eyes locked in on Isabella's wild gestures.

"Yeah, wish you could've been there though," Inaya sighed, linking arms with Estrella and resting a head on her shoulder.

"Next time, I'll try writing to my mother and see if she'll sign it anyway but I'm almost certainly sure she won't."

The trio climbed up the many moving staircases to drop Inaya off at the Ravenclaw dorms before Isabella and Estrella headed back to the dungeons.

"Hey, it looks like there's a hold up at the Gryffindor dorms," another Ravenclaw pointed out, stopping in the middle of the staircase, the trio turning their heads to see a crowd forming at the base. Very faintly they could hear Percy, Head Boy of Gryffindor, ordering everyone to "Get back! No one is to enter their dormitory until it's been searched."

"What's going on?" Isabella mouthed to Kiana, catching her eye. The Gryffindor shrugged, turning away to get a glimpse at the Fat Lady's portrait.

"Wait, look!" Estrella leaned over the edge and pointed, "The Fat Lady! She's gone." The three girls looked at each other for a moment before pushing each other out of the way to race towards the Gryffindors.

"Hey!" Isabella shouted as Estrella pulled her back by her jumper to get in front but Inaya was quicker, using a Speed Spell to get her up the staircase faster.

"Where... has ....she...gone?" Inaya asked, leaning against the stone railing to catch her breath.

"She could be anywhere," Hermione sighed, her eyes sifting through all the portraits to find her.

"...How did you learn that spell?" Isabella and Estrella finally caught up to Inaya and the rest of the Gryffindors. Inaya simply shrugged, tapping her temple as a way to indicate it was a secret.

"Serves her right to be fair," Ron scoffed. "She was a terrible singer."

"It's not a joke Ron!" Hermione protested.

"Yeah Ron, even if she made our ears bleed." Kiana teased, punching his arm to which Ron blushed, lightly pushing her back.

The whispers in the Gryffindor Tower grew louder as even the paints were active. One witch zoomed through all the paintings, smoke billowing out the back of her broom as she shrieked with laughter. Percy Weasley tried his best to calm everyone down, his eyes falling on Inaya, Isabella and Estrella and ordering them to go back to their dorms. The three girls stared at him incredulously, then looked at Ron who waved him off.

"Ronald!" Percy gasped.

"They're my friends, they need to be here for moral support, can't you see I'm in distress?"

"Did he just say we're friends," Isabella whispered, looking at everyone and pointing between herself and Ron. "It's a new day for Slytherin and Gryffindor."

Soon enough, the whispers turned into shouts, the painting growing more and more restless. Estrella felt a headache coming on as the constant wailing of a baby rattled in her ears. Harry watched as she covered her ears, resting her head on Hermione's shoulder who too was visibly annoyed.

"Come on! Move! The Headmasters coming through." Filch bullied his way through the crowd, pushing the gang to opposite sides of the stairs, making way for Dumbledore.

"You heard him. Move!" Percy shouted.

The Headmaster skipped up a couple of steps, his eyes taking in the damage as he smoothed out the curved ruins of the Fat Lady's portrait with his left hand. Harry could see the dread filling his features as his eyes cast over all the nearby portraits.

"Argus, round up the ghosts! Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady."

"There's no need for ghosts Professor. The Fat Lady's there." Filch pointed, lifting the hand holding a lantern, towards a portrait of a hippo's grazing.

There was a moment of pause before a sea of students pushed to race up the staircase to get their front-row seats. Harry pushed Estrella before him so she wouldn't fall behind. Ron, on the other hand, saw Kiana stumble a little and grabbed her hand, pulling her next to him so that she wouldn't get pushed away.

"Thanks, Ron," She whispered, letting go of his hand and wrapping an arm around his instead.

"Anytime."

Dumbledore stood forward, "Dear Lady, who did this to you?"

"Eyes like the devil he's got, and a soul as dark as his name," The Fat Lady cried, peeking her head up from behind the hippo. "It's him Headmaster, the one they all talk about."

"He's h-here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!" She whimpered and as the thought of seeing him again struck her mind, The Fat Lady let out a cry and returned to hiding behind the hippo.

"No!" Estrella gasped hearing his name, hands covering her mouth as she looked over at Harry who was stark-faced in shock. Estrella felt a cold trickle race down her spine at the thought of going back to the dungeons with a mass murderer on the loose. And who knows! He must've been a Slytherin, and if she was in his shoes heading for familiarity would be the first thing before setting off for murder.

"Secure the castle Mr Filch The rest of you, follow your prefects to your dorms to collect your sleepwear and to the Great Hall!" Dumbledore ordered. Estrella wasted no time grabbing Isabella's hand and pulling her down the steps towards the dungeons.

"I wonder if anyone from Slytherin has heard about this?" Isabella asked as they raced towards their dorms.

"Well if not we have to warn them!" Estrella hurried her picking up the pace.

Meanwhile, Harry stayed staring at the space where The Fat Lady stood, his mind racing with all kinds of thoughts. Was this the end? Was Black watching him right now? How was he going to get out of this alive?

Hermione grabbed his hand to pull him away, "Harry you're safe. Focus on grabbing your things and we'll be there to walk you to the Great Hall."

"Hermione no! You guys need to save yourselves, what if he ambushes us in the corridor on the way?"

"Then we'll make sure you make it out alive." Kiana shook her head at him as if it wasn't obvious. "We're not just going to let you die, Harry. Plus once he gets you, what makes you think we won't be next?"

『••✎••』

"Harry," Estrella whispered to get his attention.

Hogwarts school was packed tightly in the Great Hall, some students still filling in and searching for a place to sleep. Estrella, Inaya and Isabella stood at the entrance, waiting for their Gryffindors to arrive before heading in.

"I think we should go to the far back," Inaya pointed. "That way at least one person will notice if someone is walking about." The gang followed, taking turns to place their sleeping bags down and settling in.

Estrella placed directly next to Harry, ignoring Isabella's teasing smile. Harry, hearing her whisper, turned around in his sleeping bag, smiling lightly as he came face to face with Estrella. She thrust a couple of pictures towards him, and Harry's eyes widened as he took them.

"From your old school?" He whispered looking down at the picture of Estrella laughing in her old Castelobruxo uniforms with her old Castelobruxo friends. He flicked through the rest, familiarising himself with the faces of her loved ones.

"Do you miss them?" Harry asked her.

"A lot," Estrella sighed but seeing Harry's smile fade she was quick to clarify. "No no no, don't mistake me, I'm having the best time here, truly! It's just the move was so abrupt and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye in person you see."

"That must've been hard. It'll be a little harsh of a decision."

"Yeah well when it comes to my father, harsh is barely scratching the surface." Estrella rolled her eyes.

"He must love you," Harry replied thickly.  "To move you all the way here for a better education. You're lucky to have him."

"Lucky?" Estrella laughed cynically, "I am the complete opposite of being stuck with someone like him. Never listened to, never heard, beaten into obedience. I wish I never had him."

Harry felt a tick of anger in his stomach, handing back the pictures he glared at Estrella. "You should be grateful! I wish I had someone who cared enough to only want what's best for me."

"Well it's not about you is it?" Estrella bit back. "And who says I'm not grateful? I just wish I didn't have to be scared of my father, that's all. And you do have multiple people who want's best for you, if anything you're sounding ungrateful!" Her voice was pitching louder and louder with anger, so much so Isabella had to put an hand on her arm to calm Estrella down. 

"I can't believe you, Estrella." Harry turned around, his back facing Estrella as he took deep breaths to calm himself down.

"You just don't get it, your parents loved you so much they gave their lives, my father won't let me live mine."

"Just drop it." Harry turned not fully facing her. 

Estrella rolled her eyes, huffing as she turned around to face Isabella who said "Are you okay?" to which she waved her off. "Boys" Estrella mouthed.

Footsteps approached, making the kids feign sleep. Dumbledore and Snape's conversation rang out above them.

"Any theories on how he managed it?" Snape asked.

"Many. Each as unlikely as the next." Dumbledore answered.

"You may recall, before the start of term I expressed concerns about your appointment of Professor-"

"Not a single professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black enter it." Dumbledore cut him off, although it was clear Snape was alluding to Lupin. Estrella looked up and out the window, noticing it was a full moon. Pretty She thought as she forced herself to stay still.

"I'm quite sure the castle is safe and I am quite willing to send the students back to their houses."

"What about Potter and Miss Estrella?" Snape spat his name. "Should they be warned?" Estrella's interest peaked.

"Perhaps,.. but for now let him sleep." Dumbledore paused just above the soulmate's heads. "For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own."

"Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud." Both Professor's voiced footsteps faded away till the Great Hall was silent.

Estrella turned on her back, her mind racing with questions as she stared up at the enchanted ceiling, the galaxies and shooting stars soon lulling her to sleep.

Goodnight Harry, She thought and just as she was about to close her eyes, she could've sworn she heard his voice ring out a reply but maybe it was just in her head.

oh em gee, 5.7k words!!

i am so sorry there was just so much I wanted to cover ;(

this chapter was very heavy dialouge and i hope that's okay cuh you're gonna see more i hate to break it to you <33 

i want to share some focus onto building the characters personalities and also showing the start of harry and estrella's dynamic - of course that little tiff about the parents was awkwarddddd 

i am just an extremely nosy person and want to just showcase everyone as normal teens admist all the crazy their going through so yes some pointless conversations may occur but it's all for the sake of ... friendship??

i hope you enjoyed and please leave comments and votes i'll love you forever and ever !!!! 

all the love, t x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 219 7
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 | ❝ wish i could tell you that i love you but i cant ❞ she writes him a letter hoping she'll get over her feelings but instead ev...
115K 3.8K 53
"Take my hand, Cassiopeia!" Harry shouts, looking at her with pleading eyes. "I can help you!" "I'm sorry, Harry..." she shook her head, looking away...
9.5K 524 20
Alexander's hopes for a quiet year are dashed amidst a whirlwind of intense change. Escaped convicts, soul-sucking Dementors, and the tumultuous mael...
239K 11.4K 64
❝𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬. ❞ ❝𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮�...