The Young Justice

By Mask_of_Happiness

Perseus Jackson was many things. She had seen many things and that of course included her figuring out Batman... More

Info and Disclaimer (Edited-Read)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
Events of the Past
12
How Percy Found Out She Was a Demigod
13
14
15
16
17
18

9

593 18 7
By Mask_of_Happiness

Mount Justice

October 10th 2010, 16:58

AN: The time above is from the actual episode. Isn't it funny how that would be written as 10/10/10 if you were to write the date above in this form. I didn't notice this the first time around, but I love this minor detail.

Fury blocked a punch Superboy sent her way, then countered with a jab at SB's throat. She missed as Superboy jumped back.

Another minute more and then Fury accidentally let a punch slip through her guard and fell to the ground.

"Fury Status: Fail."

Conner helped her up with a smile. "Nice spar, Fury. Those jabs are really tricky to dodge."

"Same to you, Conner. Great spar. You were awesome. However, in a years time, I bet I'll be strong enough to defeat you," Fury answered. In the few months the two had been on the team together, Fury began looking at Conner as her older brother. He was fun, cool and a great sparring partner.

Also he had anger issues like her, so that was a similarity.

Anyway, Conner smiled and nodded. "I look forward to it."

Fury walked over to the side and picked up her water bottle. She felt energy rush through her as she finished the bottle of water. Then she went to the ice bucket and tossed some ice cubes in her mouth, crunching on them.

Being a daughter of Poseidon, Fury had the ability to bite ice cubes and not hurt herself. It was great and annoyed the team because they couldn't do it and had no idea how she did it.

"Recognized: Zatara 11."

Fury watched Zatara tap somethings and a girl walked in, younger than Zatara but she looked like Zatara just female.

His daughter, Percy realised. She's gorgeous.

Dick was about to speak when Percy spoke first.

"Are you the sun because you light up my world, darling," she smirked and Zatanna smirked back.

"I think I prefer the night," Zatanna answered.

"Then you must be the moon, because nothing could be as ethereal as you," Fury replied smoothly.

Zatanna giggled as Percy took her hand and kissed it with a wink.

So, Percy had gotten some habits from Bruce. She tended to flirt sometimes.

Fury stepped back, ignoring the looks sent her way from her team, Zatara and Black Canary.

"Had no idea you flirted, Fury," KF finally said.

Fury rolled her eyes. "Ok, and? I can tell the difference between you and pretty people, Just because I didn't flirt with you, doesn't mean I can't be smooth."

KF looked extremely offended as M'gann laughed, with Robin and Zatanna.

AN: I don't know, just something about Fury flirting with pretty girls

"So, we're ignoring that you like women?" Artemis asked incredulously.

"It wasn't obvious? I like men and women, around my age of course. The only reason I didn't flirt with you would be because you're straight, other than that I found you really hot when we first met," Fury answered with a grin. Artemis laughed, while KF and Robin looked at the two of them in annoyance, or... jealousy?

To be fair, Fury had only recently realised she also liked women. This was mainly because of Smelly Gabe's influence on her childhood.

------

Maybe they should've thought this through, but the team had ran off with Zatara's daughter—Zatanna, who was really gorgeous, cool and smart in Fury's opinion—to find Red Tornado.

In the end, the team found themselves fighting Red Tornado's newest sibling and trying to stop said sibling from getting a volcano to a stage three eruption. If it did, they could kiss the hemisphere from all sides.

Fury!

Fury heard some distorted voice and felt a ringing in her head. She had been thrown back by rocks and some lava had hit her exposed arms, but she didn't feel anything. It was just minor warmth.

She gripped her head and sat up then looked at where the lava had hit. Her arm was red, but that red was already fading.

I'm alright, just disoriented. The lava didn't touch me though, so don't worry, she answered the worried cries of her team, leaving out the part that she had actually been hit by lava.

Her heart was thumping in her ear. She felt a headache coming on.

How the Hades have i not been burnt by lava? She questioned herself, wondering if she was going crazy and the lava had affected her.

Calm down my child. Your father's powers protect you from lava.

Fury's eyes widened and she looked around. Her team were still fighting and she was the only one who heard it.

Wh- who are you?

I am Hestia, the voice replied and Fury felt her body freeze from shock.

Lady Hestia, goddess of the Hearth? Why are you contacting me? I thought gods couldn't interfere with demigods.

They can't, but I'm breaking that rule, Hestia replied with a light chuckle.

Your presence feels familiar. It feels like the campfire at Camp Half-Blood. Another jolt of shock runs through Fury. You! You're the one who I see in the hearth at Camp, tending the fire.

Yes, that is correct. I have to go now, but do not worry. And just like that, the presence left and Fury felt her friend's voices in her mind again.

She stood slowly and shakily, holding her head and then looked at the battle. KF had just gotten M'gann out of the newest Red's hands.

She ran forward when a sudden sensation hit her and water erupted from below.

Fury pulled some water towards her as she watched Water Boy—she knows that it is Red something, but Fury calls him Water Boy—rise from the ground.

Fury used the water she pulled towards her to heal the slight burn on her arm.

She walked forward and watched as the older Red siblings all ganged up on their youngest brother, and then quickly stopped using her powers when she was positive that she would be completely fine.

Red Tornado was saved by Superboy just before he fell into the lava as well.

Fury groaned as she stood beside Artemis.

"I hate lava."

Nobody paid mind to her comment because they all did too. Robin directed Artemis to areas where she would need to shoot so smoke could escape.

Then Tornado flew up and started controlling the winds to divert the ash clouds.

Then Tornado fell to the ground and the teens all ran to him.

Fury got there first and decided to speak her mind. "Tornado, your older siblings have redeemed themselves. Your youngest sibling is an entitled asshole and I commend you for burning him in lava."

That earned her several looks, which she ignored.

After that, they went to Red Tornado's creator's lab and fished around for parts. Had a very meaningful conversation about Red Tornado deserving to be fixed and then left on the Bio Ship.

Fury was standing, prefering to stand than sit this one time.

She didn't notice Robin asking Zatanna about the "kidnapping" and Zatanna replying that it was the best one ever.

She was more lost in thought about why a goddess would contact her and why the goddess of the heart would.

------

Mount Justice

"She's grounded for life!"

Canary stared at Zatara tiredly as he ranted.

"'Their good kid's Giovanni. Don't worry Giovanni.' She is never joining this team! Ever!"

Captain Marvel entered, soaked to the bone. Wolf didn't look much better.

"Um, are they coming out, or what?"

AN: Short chapter and was feeling lazy.

By the way, you guys are gonna love chapter 10. Comes out in a few hours!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.2K 38
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
119K 2.4K 44
The Child of Superman A FemPercy Jackson story based around the idea that Percy was adopted by Clark when she was young. The story goes through her...
21.1K 504 23
What if Percy was a girl? What if Sally wasn't her mom? What if Bruce Wayne adopted her when she was little? What if she had to run away from him? I...
162K 7.8K 28
percy jackson was a kind-hearted, brave person who had experienced a lot in her so far short life. in order to at least for a moment forget the event...